Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: First Impressions, True Confessions

• Start Topic

I thought the dinner party was quite strange.  Okay, no dinner cards?  Okay.  The hostess says seat yourselves boy/girl (or PC man/woman) recognizing there are an unequal number of men/women.  I would say I would like the new women on my right and left (right being the seat of honor).  Sutton, sit here, Giselle sit here.  There, that part is done.

I guess I just don't understand the formalities of assigned seats at dinner at a friend's home. Why can't people just grab a seat?

• Love 17
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think they knew that Aaron was into some sort of woo, but Kyle just assumed it was normal, harmless BH woo. I'm sure they were all taken aback when Aaron started talking about cancer saving one's life, atoms, and whatnot. 

This is what I thought too.  Kyle knew Yolanda not-Foster Hadid had seen him, and I'm sure Denise talks about what a genius he is etc. so Kyle thought it could be BH-level interesting.  Not total crackpot paranoia BS.

• Love 14
(edited)
43 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I guess I just don't understand the formalities of assigned seats at dinner at a friend's home. Why can't people just grab a seat?

It wasn't a formal dinner that's the funny thing... she is a 40 something year old woman that sits on the boards of things but cant find her own seat to sit in at a informal dinner? Funny how the other new girl who didn't have a date with her had no problem sitting down ... Sutton is a Drama queen and only wanted to keep pointing out there GASP are no assigned seating at a NON FORMAL dinner party ....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 14

I feel like I should give Sutton one more episode before I judge, but I honestly can't imagine what she could do to win me back at this point. I cringed with embarrassment when she loudly told Kyle how uncomfortable she was because she couldn't figure out where to sit down. Sitting down wherever there is room available isn't that complicated. I honestly wonder how she navigates through the rest of her life. 

I actually liked Garcelle's outfit. She and Dorit looked super cute.  Damn it, I keep having nice things to say about that grifter Dorit. 

Aaron--OMGWTF?! (No surprise that Yolanda went to see him though lol.) I think everyone at that table should be congratulated for having strength and good sense to not challenge Aaron over his nonsense. I'm shocked by how nutty he sounds. If he were more evil and ambitious he'd have the groundwork to be a charismatic cult leader. Kind of chilling really. He can gtfo with that cancer is your friend bs. 

I can't believe that Denise is married to this guy let alone that she believes in the shit that he says. 

I'm looking forward to Kyle growing out her bangs. Not much else to say about her so far this year. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

OH MY GOD. 

So... Kyle looks like she has not eaten in a Very Long Time. All of the attention on her w/the parties and the shows speaks to one thing- she has busted her ass getting in shape for this season and everyone is going to see it. She is thinner than usual and that is not easy on TV on a small frame.

Thin Kyle, high Mauricio, and no shirt Mauricio and far away down the table Maurcio from his wife Mauricio = Kyle & Mauricio are having problems. Just my opinion. 

Fucking PK on his PHONE in the pool doing nothing & then Dorit GLOMMING onto Sutton. Oh my. I did like the hand holder goth clutches tho. Sutton is mean. 

Is it bad to think out loud that now Denise isn't getting sex on the daily post operatively in that much pain? Asking for a friend. Yeah.

I don't miss LVP a bit. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

This was a formal dinner party for 16 people, not a backyard cook-out.  The guests were dressed up, there were multiple courses , hors d'ouvres before dinner and after dinner drinks.  This is why I believe there should have been some sort of order to the seating.  My opinion only.

• Love 6
(edited)

I guess. But still just at a friend's home, no matter what they're wearing. We've seen comments in here about how dumb it is for them to dress up to go to one another's hotel rooms for dinner on trips. And they tend to dress for backyard cookouts as well. I'll venture to say that assigned seating for any eating event (especially when they already know each for the most part) that is just one table is pretty dumb.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 7
On 4/29/2020 at 11:09 PM, BusyOctober said:

Me playing 1st Impressions: Sutton, my first impression of you, if I’m being honest, was that you were a spoiled, ex-trophy wife with a shit ton of cash to spend on horrific “couture” clothing that designers sell to you, then laugh behind your back. And that you had an inflated sense of importance that you incorrectly believe is backed up by the piles of cash your ex left you.  And that you believed (also incorrectly) that because you were raised in the South that you posses Southern charm and manners. 

Sutton: And???  What do you think now?  

Me: <<crickets>>

Busy, I love every word of this! Spot on. To me, she is like a car wreck that I cannot turn away from though. I love to hate her. 

Erica just isn't good. I wonder how she was live in the show. (Not taking away from her accomplishment Key West, but just being honest. Pun intended) 

I thought Rinna looked horrible-outfit and the hair. No words for Sutton's outfit. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, albarino said:

Next, you thank your guests for attending and then sit down.  No nonsense about only the women playing the game of first impressions.  If the men weren't involved, why were they invited?  Most dinner party guests then talk with each other near them.  

No need to single out Aaron.  He has his own beliefs, let it go.  If I invited Tom Cruise to my house, I would never ask him to explain Scientology at a dinner party.  Commonly shared belief (is that PC? I just made it up) is that those thoughts are generally not accepted by society(more PC?).  Kyle owns half of the whacko dinner party results because she encouraged him to share his viewpoint knowing what it was.

I agree she should have made sure everyone had a spot before sitting down, but I do think she was trying to change the topic to something of interest that they didn't know about, and was unprepared for the level of wacko.  My sister has been battling everyone's best friend cancer for a few years now and has done her chemo but also some alternative things, which interest people since everyone knows someone with cancer, and she is neither a wacko nor a Yolanda-type obsessive about it.

11 hours ago, HeddaGabler said:

Yes. It really doesn't take much effort to make sure your guests have found a seat and are comfortable before the host sits down. Also, would it kill any one of those people to read a book, a newspaper, a bill board on their way to the party, just to divert the conversation away from the general naval gazing? 

I don't think they're allowed 😄 

• Love 3

Oh Aaron, shhhhhhh.  You are very pretty and obviously a dynamo in bed, so just shhhh.  My goodness.  More surprising to me was Denise co-signing.  I thought at first she just rolled with his nonsense because of the pretty and the dick, but when she was fully buying into the paranoia of them being followed, I was like, oh no, girl.  There's other dick out there.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Was that Justin Sylvester from "E! News: daily pop" at Kyle's dinner party?! Wtf?!

You know he was LOVING being at that dinner! He was Kyle's "Ladysitter" back in the day (babysitter for her girls), which I am sure helped when he wanted a job at E!         

My main issue with Sutton (unless she did this on purpose to create drama-- which, in that case, was perfect) is that she walked in the door apologizing for wearing Ready-to-Wear" rather than Couture...knowing that ALL of them are in Ready-to-Wear! She blasted every single one of them, straight out of the gate (there was a possibility Erika was in some couture, but still...a dinner party at someone's home? Is it time to bust out red carpet gowns?)...I think that was the rudest thing yet, nothing a well-bred woman would have said. 

Denise, you were in pain and you STILL WORE HEELS--- should have done flats, as non-sexy as they would have been....

Sutton had clip-on bangs that were attached to that bun-- I have seen them for sale! They were just a tad too long, and made it look like she had a lazy eye on one side! I think she had it on crooked.

YES to whoever pointed out that being gracious is number one! You don't walk around crowing about 'mistakes' you see at other people's events! (No place cards?! No, bitch. No place cards.)

Producers: Hey Rinna, please start this game at the table...

As much as Sutton WAS rude in 1000 other ways, I did agree with her on Teddi being offensive. "I really don't care if you come" IS RUDE...She needed to re-word that, in one of the ways all of you have pointed out.

Saw Sutton on a podcast (Heather ...what's her name again? Heather with the Barbies? Juicy Scoop?-- Oh, McDonald!) and she said she: Met her ex-husband in eighth grade. She was a debutante. They used to live in NYC. (I didn't finish listening, but I should.) She said of COURSE she watched the show beforehand!

Kyle's dinner party looked straight out of a Dynasty set! Those colors, the flowers, Kyle's hair-- the whole thing!

• Love 9
(edited)
19 hours ago, laffytaffy997 said:

I mean, she’s no Adele

I didn’t think her voice was very good at all, especially the high notes. 

It does seem like everyone has played in Chicago. Didn’t Brooke Shields also play Roxie? Brooke’s not exactly known as a singer either. 

23 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Nene could sing like Barbra Streisand and I wouldn't give her props. I loathe her!

She is the primary reason I have never watched the Atlanta show. It was bad enough seeing her on The Apprentice. 

Aaron sounded paranoid, delusional, drunk and/or high. Denise looked on the verge of panic, very embarrassed and fearful. 

Kyle’s “my love” reminds me of the cloying way Yolanda used to refer to her husband David. We all know how that ended up. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

It wasn't a formal dinner that's the funny thing... she is a 40 something year old woman that sits on the boards of things but cant find her own seat to sit in at a informal dinner? Funny how the other new girl who didn't have a date with her had no problem sitting down ... Sutton is a Drama queen and only wanted to keep pointing out there GASP are no assigned seating at a NON FORMAL dinner party ....

It was NOT a pedestrian dinner party either. Sutton was rude to make a scene about it, but Kyle, if she was a gracious hostess should have put some thought into the seating to make sure everyone was comfortable. She put more thought into the candles.

2 hours ago, albarino said:

This was a formal dinner party for 16 people, not a backyard cook-out.  The guests were dressed up, there were multiple courses , hors d'ouvres before dinner and after dinner drinks.  This is why I believe there should have been some sort of order to the seating.  My opinion only.

This was my idea of a formal dinner party as well. And maybe because I come from a family where name cards is pretty normal, even for larger family gatherings.  Although this may be because of all the left handers and to make sure nobody sits beside someone they might want to kill... 😃

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, lasu said:

she was fully buying into the paranoia of them being followed,

I see the same cars everyday around town, those cars live in my area so it is not so unusual to be sharing the road with them, I think Aaron sees some neighborhood cars on the regular and is a bit paranoid anyway so therefore, they are following him. For all we know, those cars are seeing Aaron's car and thinking he is following them, lol.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, lizajane said:

It was NOT a pedestrian dinner party either. Sutton was rude to make a scene about it, but Kyle, if she was a gracious hostess should have put some thought into the seating to make sure everyone was comfortable. She put more thought into the candles.

I call shananagins on this lol it was announced even before happy hour started that there was no seating chart. How is it that EVERYONE including the new girl could find a seat on their own but Ms Manners? This is all on Sutton 

• Love 12
On 4/30/2020 at 1:42 AM, RHofOZ said:

People were so quick to call LVP out about manipulating situations.  Rinna is doing exactly the same thing & no one says a word.

Rinna has been doing this for ages. She is the resident shit stirrer.  To this day, I firmly believe that she was the one behind “puppy gate”.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I call shananagins on this lol it was announced even before happy hour started that there was no seating chart. How is it that EVERYONE including the new girl could find a seat on their own but Ms Manners? This is all on Sutton 

Oh I missed the announcement - probably not the only thing I missed. Finding it a slog to get through this show as I find them all unlikable and unrelatable, with the exception of Erika, at least this week lol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Seeing the flashback to the 2018 reunion made me realize how much I loved it when Kyle cut her hair.  I think she looks awful now and the bangs are tragic.  I did like the polka dot blouse she wore to Sutton's -- finally, she chose something that looked good on her.  

Loved what we saw of Sutton's house and loved her cats!   I liked Sutton in the first episode but she's trying way too hard to be the HBIC in this group way too early.  There were what?  12 people at that dinner party?  It's not that hard to find a seat, particularly when everybody gets one, Sutton!  

That said, Teddi really needs to get a grip.  Everyone thought you were boring at first, girl.  Heck, they probably still do.  Get over it.  Or give it back to Sutton.  I did have to laugh when Teddi first starting crying, the camera zoomed in on her husband (can't remember his name) busy eating his dinner.  

Mauricio snaking Denise's salmon was pretty funny.  Not funny that, as someone else pointed out, while Kyle had a coronary over Brandi suggesting that Kyle smoked pot, she's apparently fine and dandy with Mauricio being stoned the majority of the time.  

Are we going to be subjected to The Morally Corrupt Faye Resnick in every episode?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

And if she was so upset about not knowing where to sit why was she the last person to come straggling into the dining room? I would have made sure that I got there in the middle of the pack to select a seat close to a person that I felt comfortable around. She has been told that her role on this show is to act like a stuck up society matron. That she may be but she is also clueless about manners. And on a shallow note I think she is strange looking and her choice of clothes is very unflattering.

• Love 7

I've probably yammered on too much about the dinner and place cards/no place cards and in my original post, I suggested some general rules from the host/hostess:  seat yourselves and try to be male/female (No placecards).  In the end all of the men were together in the back.  The more I think about it (hey, I'm in Safer at Home--got nothing else to do), this wouldn't even happen if it really were a seat yourselves situation.  Producer driven.  

If not, wouldn't Sutton's date want to sit with her?  I'm assuming he knows nobody at the dinner party and I think it would be rude of her lose him as soon as they walked through the doors.  I'm not saying that either of them can't make polite talk with people they don't know, I think we all can, but why would he want to be there if he couldn't even interact with his date?  These BHers aren't very interesting conversationalists.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Here's the deal - if Sutton was so freakin' worried that no one would want to sit next to the "new girl", than she should have been the FIRST one to sit wherever SHE chose - the center seat at a rectangular table is good - you can observe and listen/join in several conversations from that seat - I think it's actually more of a control/power seat than at either end or "head" of the table.  That way, the other women would have had to choose their seats accordingly.  Sutton would have made a strategic move in situating herself.  

Instead, she decided to make a big deal of "poor little me", no one will want to sit near me, all while the other women were choosing their seats, and forcing her to sit in the last seat available.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Aaron sounded paranoid, delusional, drunk and/or high. Denise looked on the verge of panic, very embarrassed and fearful. 

I thought that perhaps Denise was panicked and embarrassed because she was afraid that some authority or health department or something (or even some investigative reporter that exposes scam artists), would see the show, do some investigations and shut down Aaron's business.

• Love 7

Sutton is reminding me a bit of Dana of the 25k Sunglasses.  Just trying way too hard to get herself pegged as ‘the rich one’

As rude as she was, Aaron was the worst.  Calling cancer a person’s best friend, telling people they are ‘uninformed’ when they disagree with him, and I got the impression that he was trying to drum up some business there, suggesting Rinna come to his office.  Ugh tacky.

Teddi maybe be annoying and socially awkward, but she looks quite pretty this season.  I guess pregnancy really agrees with her.

• Love 12
(edited)
14 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

At least Kyle didn't assign seating according to her "Dream Team". (Yolanda)That was the ultimate in rude behaviour.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
21 hours ago, TexasGal said:

This is what I thought too.  Kyle knew Yolanda not-Foster Hadid had seen him, and I'm sure Denise talks about what a genius he is etc. so Kyle thought it could be BH-level interesting.  Not total crackpot paranoia BS.

I don't give Kyle benefit of the doubt.  She likely knew it was total crackpot paranoia.  Kyle knows the deal.  If you can start the drama somewhere else then maybe you can keep the negative edit off you for a while.

Plus Kyle has always seemed like she's taken producer notes to make sure stuff they want to get on camera comes out.  And if Aaron was so oblivious to how crazy he sounds then there is no way he hasn't spouted off like this before.  They probably have film on it from last season but it didn't fit with everything  else going on with LvP and Camille.

I'm also on the fence on whether Kyles' sucking up to Sutton despite her behavior, and more or less reinforcing it, is the usual trying to be besties with rich people so Mauricio can sell a house or have connections or whatever or if its to feed the drama between Teddi and Sutton.

20 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

Aaron--OMGWTF?! (No surprise that Yolanda went to see him though lol.) I think everyone at that table should be congratulated for having strength and good sense to not challenge Aaron over his nonsense. I'm shocked by how nutty he sounds. If he were more evil and ambitious he'd have the groundwork to be a charismatic cult leader. 

The first thing I did after the episode was go see if there was any rumors that Aaron was running a cult.  That had a little more to do with Denise though.  The combination of Aaron's nonsense and Denise reaction had a definite feel to it that was kind of creepy,cult like..

16 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

It does seem like everyone has played in Chicago. Didn’t Brooke Shields also play Roxie? Brooke’s not exactly known as a singer either. 

They have been stunt casting Chicago with celebrities for at least a decade,  I don't know who else caught it but when Ericka made her announcement, Rinna made the comment that she had already played Roxie Hart on Broadway. 

• Love 4

Yeah, Lisa and Harry were in Chicago together. I think Kandi and Nene both played Mama Morton. And if memory serves, Ashlee Simpson also had a turn as Roxie.

Congrats to Erika for realizing a(nother) dream, though.

I was neutral on Aaron before this episode. I can’t stand the fact that he is a sleazy snake oil salesman and a paranoid tin-hatter conspiracy theorist. The fact that Denise not only accepts this BS, but actively supports it, is souring me against her too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 4/30/2020 at 7:15 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

All this coming for Erika and her singing.. Do you guys know how many people would give their right arm to preform on Broadway? ( singing on Broadway is 100% different then radio singers) Do you guys know how many singers/artist/bands would kill for even 1 #1 record? .. why are we tearing down Erika who has done absolutely nothing this season to anyone? I get not being into every singer but to try to rip away this woman’s accomplishments like she doesn’t deserve them? Does she have a once in a generation voice no but shes not claiming too... However no one handed her anything.....

Well, yeah, but of course they handed this to her. That's the point of stunt casting. She's still going to rehearse and she's working to be as good as she can be, but she's playing the part on Broadway because she's on RHoBH, not because she went through a regular audition process. She's being chosen from a much smaller group of people at a certain level of fame for something other than being an actress or a musical theater actress.

Can't really say she doesn't deserve it since it's not like she's not providing exactly what they're looking for but we know what that is.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Sutton is reminding me a bit of Dana of the 25k Sunglasses.  Just trying way too hard to get herself pegged as ‘the rich one’

As weird as she looks, Sutton at least looks the part.  Dana of the Sunglasses looked like someone who 100 years ago would be sent to the servants' entrance 😄 

• LOL 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Well, yeah, but of course they handed this to her. That's the point of stunt casting. She's still going to rehearse and she's working to be as good as she can be, but she's playing the part on Broadway because she's on RHoBH, not because she went through a regular audition process. She's being chosen from a much smaller group of people at a certain level of fame for something other than being an actress or a musical theater actress.

Can't really say she doesn't deserve it since it's not like she's not providing exactly what they're looking for but we know what that is.

Yet she is both of those things a singer and musical theater actress.. you guys are acting like they just picked her out of a phone book and she has no right whatsoever to be on that stage when this as been pretty much what she has wanted to do and has done her entire life/career ... I get it it not everyone likes everyone and that’s fine there are a couple of leading broadway actresses that are “legitimate” broadway actress that I can’t stand their singing voices but get cast show after show in lead rolls.  just because I don’t like them I’m not shitting on them saying how dare they. They like everyone else worked hard to get where they are and who the hell am I to try take that away from them... like any movie tv show or anything else don’t like the singer or actor don’t watch but don’t shit on something you haven’t watched ..

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 6
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Yet she is both of those things a singer and musical theater actress.. you guys are acting like they just picked her out of a phone book and she has no right whatsoever to be on that stage when this as been pretty much what she has wanted to do and has done her entire life/career ... I get it it not everyone likes everyone and that’s fine there are a couple of leading broadway actresses that are “legitimate” broadway actress that I can’t stand their singing voices but get cast year after year in lead rolls just because I don’t like them I’m not shitting on them saying how dare they. They like everyone else worked hard to get where they are and who the hell am I to take that away from them 

There's a big difference between "how dare she" and acknowledging that no, her name wasn't picked out of a phone book--it was picked out of a list of people who are on television and so might be recognizable to a wide audience, some of whom might not know the actresses you don't like from Adam, while also having enough ability to play the part. "Worked hard to get to where they are" is a vague phrase that's just as often (or more often in my experience) used by people defensive about doing less work than others.

I'm not taking anything away from her by acknowledging the reality. It seems odd to on the one hand praise her for not pretending she's that great and also get offended at the idea that she probably wouldn't be doing this part on Broadway if she wasn't a presence on a reality TV show. Is it really an insult to note that she and Gwen Verdon got to Roxie via different paths?

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 7

Garcelle has been throwing a lot of shade at Kyle recently. She should have done it on the show the way Sutton did with that hapless lump Teddi.

We're only 3 episodes in...who knows what will happen as the rest of the season plays out.

Sutton did with that hapless lump Teddi. Sutton is bringing it and needed to be a full cast member. 

The word lump reminds me of Sutton in a dress...also, Sutton wasn't throwing shade, she was just straight up being rude.

• Love 8
On 5/1/2020 at 11:55 AM, Sweet-tea said:

Didn’t Brooke Shields also play Roxie? Brooke’s not exactly known as a singer either. 

So did Rinna pre-Housewives with Harry playing Billy Flynn.

• Love 2
(edited)

Sutton might be a pretentious gargoyle but she has Teddi’s number. One can only hope she continues to make her cry and run out of the room. It improves the show immensely.

Can’t they find some other washed up rock stars spawn to bring on the show? Does Iggy Pop have any kids? 

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Wasn't Countess Luann also in talks with Chicago?  Going with Erika instead was probably smart!  Roxie's vocals aren't especially difficult (Velma gets the showstoppers) which is probably why that's the role to stunt-cast.  But good for Erika, and I like her absolute willingness to do everything she needs to be successful when she books a gig.

So far, Sutton's been more of a standout than Garcelle, for me.  Not necessarily in a good way, though.  I would die to see Sutton up against Luann or even Carole Radziwill.  

(Andy Cohen needs to do a HW Crossover Special - take a few Housewives from each franchise and ship them to a resort for a week and see what happens.  Make it so, Cohen!)

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Luann said so, with no indication that it was so.

According to Page Six who say they have seen letters and emails, she was in talks but they fell through because she didn’t want to commit to the rehearsal time they wanted.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 5/1/2020 at 7:01 PM, psychoticstate said:

Not funny that, as someone else pointed out, while Kyle had a coronary over Brandi suggesting that Kyle smoked pot

Kyle didn't have a coronary, she barely reacted. It was perfectly played because she managed to set Brandi off without even trying. By simply agreeing with Brandi that the last time Brandi smoked it was with her, Brandi had nothing to work with. She ended up screaming and cussing in the streets of Amsterdam while her "true friend" Yolanda tried to separate herself as much as possible from her. It was pretty much the beginning of the end for Brandi and it was a thing of beauty. 

• Love 6
On 5/1/2020 at 4:01 PM, psychoticstate said:

Are we going to be subjected to The Morally Corrupt Faye Resnick in every episode?  

Oh Lord, please don't put this out in the universe....

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 4/30/2020 at 11:10 AM, howivesforever said:

God I hate to say this since I detest Nene but she can actually sing.

You are right - I had forgotten back when Tardy was supposed to be a duet with Kim and Nene sang and actually had a voice - unlike either Kim, Melissa Gorga or Luanne.

However, for whatever reason Chicago has cast non-Broadway musical comedy people versus other shows which don't have stunt casting. I am not an expert but I suspect that the range of the songs and the dance moves can be adjusted although Erika can dance well enough. There's never been any kind of stunt casting that I am aware of for the Maria Van Trapp role in Sound of Music which really requires a strong singer.

Rex Harrison couldn't sing and much of My Fair Lady's songs were specifically written in a range so that he could sort of "speak" rather than sing them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Before Aaron went off into complete LaLa-Ville, I thought Denise was worried that if he made "claims" about healing the FTC or other regulatory bodies would come after him and therefore he should be quiet.

I am an equal opportunity hater of all of crackpot stuff and people who visit mediums, have crystals inserted in their walls and believe in other idiocies should not roll their eyes at someone who believes in whatever incoherent crap Aaron was talking about. 

Does anyone else think that part of Aaron's treatments consist of "happy endings". Vibrators were originally used by medical doctors (quacks) in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries to treat their "hysterical" female patients because it was easier than manually "treating" them if you get my drift 🙂

Edited by amarante
  • Love 3
(edited)

In my opinion Kyle's conversational invitation for Aaron to discuss his work is a real mean girl's parlour game.  The dinner party's invitees are an arguably well-off, successful, and 'educated' (again, it's arguable) group of people.  It's not like Kyle is asking a Caltech professor to discuss his invention of embedded biometric sensors in fabric.  That would be an interesting dinner party conversation.  Instead she is asking a (probably nice-enough guy, but) rather dimwitted Aaron to inarticulately discuss some gobbledygook, and she knows it.  If you mute the television (as I did halfway through Aaron's cringe-inducing explanation), you can see that Denise's body language reads as someone who is deeply uncomfortable, even embarrassed, and trying desperately to extricate herself from the situation.  She knows that Aaron is spewing nonsense and digging himself into a fool's hole, and can do little to stop it.  (At least Mauricio was politely stoned/drunk enough to make it seem like he understood and cared.) No wonder Denise (and I am no fan of hers) did not like these ladies, carried some animosity, and talked behind their backs -- they appear to take pleasure in purposely creating a set piece for her husband to humiliate himself.  And the sad part is that Aaron doesn't even have the self-awareness to know that he is being played. 

I don't know about place cards, but I do know that a polite and  good hostess does everything in her power to steer the conversation away from topics that will cause her guests any awkwardness, embarrassment, or discomfort.   So I guess Sutton was right in her initial assessment (or "first impression") of Kyle's skills as a hostess.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, California Girl said:

In my opinion Kyle's conversational invitation for Aaron to discuss his work is a real mean girl's parlour game.  The dinner party's invitees are an arguably well-off, successful, and 'educated' (again, it's arguable) group of people.  It's not like Kyle is asking a Caltech professor to discuss his invention of embedded biometric sensors in fabric.  That would be an interesting dinner party conversation.  Instead she is asking a (probably nice-enough guy, but) rather dimwitted Aaron to inarticulately discuss some gobbledygook, and she knows it.  If you mute the television (as I did halfway through Aaron's cringe-inducing explanation), you can see that Denise's body language reads as someone who is deeply uncomfortable, even embarrassed, and trying desperately to extricate herself from the situation.  She knows that Aaron is spewing nonsense and digging himself into a fool's hole, and can do little to stop it.  (At least Mauricio was politely stoned/drunk enough to make it seem like he understood and cared.) No wonder Denise (and I am no fan of hers) did not like these ladies, carried some animosity, and talked behind their backs -- they appear to take pleasure in purposely creating a set piece for her husband to humiliate himself.  And the sad part is that Aaron doesn't even have the self-awareness to know that he is being played. 

I don't know about place cards, but I do know that a polite and  good hostess does everything in her power to steer the conversation away from topics that will cause her guests any awkwardness, embarrassment, or discomfort.   So I guess Sutton was right in her initial assessment (or "first impression") of Kyle's skills as a hostess.

Are we sure that Denise knows this is nonsense? After all, she met Aaron because she was a client of his. And she promotes this nonsense both on the show and her SM, so she seems to genuinely believe in it.

• Love 6

I wasn't sure if I wanted to even get into any of it this season due to no Vanderpump, but I caved and watched all three episodes last night. This is probably an unpopular opinion but I'm all about Sutton.

Is she tasteless and classless and rude? Totally.

Is she exactly what these bitches deserve?!? 

ABSOLUTELY SHE IS. 

• Love 10

Why does Kyle look so bad?? She looked ghastly at her own dinner. Those earrings and bangs and feather sleeve things. She looked like she was in a costume with stage makeup applied. 

There was an episode of Punky Brewster (the beloved original series) where Punky found herself at a fancy dinner party and was extremely out of her depth and slipped escargot down her dress so she wouldn’t have to eat it. Something like that. That’s how Kyle seems to me. Faking it. She just doesn’t seem like she fits the lifestyle she is trying to portray. Neither does stoned ass Mauricio.

Separately but related, they should have broken the fourth wall and fired Teddi on the spot when she asked “what’s ready-to-wear”? That is not BH behavior!! She seems like someone who is not cut out for LA, let alone “upper crust” LA culture. I think she’d be much happier in somewhere like Del Mar or Fairbanks Ranch in San Diego. (Disclosure: I live in LA and grew up in San Diego.) 

Finally, TMCFR (Faye) is morphing into the female gremlin from Gremlins 2. 

...and yet I still watch. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I was loving this new season way more than I expected, until that dinner. Sutton was unbearably cringy, I mean I´m definitely there for her saying some weird stuff and showing up in these crazy outfits etc, being all "rich" in the strangest way possible, but I wasn´t ready for her at that dinner. And then Aaron started talking, and Denise saying "you need to be careful, careful what you say" and when he was a few sentences into his health lecture I just.... something shut off with me, I think I started reading a book to get away from all that cringe. It was too much, never seen anything like it on Bravo ever. I´m really open to conspiracy facts and alternative methods of doing stuff but WTF? That was unreal.

• Love 2