Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Private Eyes

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Gobi said:

I think both Yolanda's and David's stories are fake. There may be a grain of truth in them, such as being catfished/scammed at some point in the past, but this looks and smells like BS. As I've commented before, David has far too much experience dating real Ukrainian women for this to be true.

I agree. I think THIS is fake. I can buy that it's something that happened to them in the past though. The numbers just don't work. How could David have dated 100 Ukrainian women and make several trips abroad, yet still somehow maintain a "relationship" with her for 7 years? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
41 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

but did David ever actually speak with Lana, or has it all been in text?

David said that there had been a video “chat” that costs more, but that it is only visual. You can’t actually talk with each other. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 5/2/2020 at 1:44 PM, b2H said:

It's been two weeks now of fast-forwarding through Stephanie and Erika.  For some reason, their story just seems so fake and phony, more so than the others.  I love seeing more of Australia, having been there last summer, but the whining and whinging just isn't entertaining.

I fast forward through them as well. I can't decide which storyline is more fake.  

I think they were probably online friends who decided the pitching the story of coming out to their parents was a sure way to get cast.

But I also think Yolanda's storyline was also a pitch. What adult would still refuse to believe they were being catfished with everything that has occured. 

David also recognizes as soon as he admits that he was catfished, his storyline goes away so he pretends denial. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I agree. I think THIS is fake. I can buy that it's something that happened to them in the past though. The numbers just don't work. How could David have dated 100 Ukrainian women and make several trips abroad, yet still somehow maintain a "relationship" with her for 7 years? 

Well, he also says he's been in a "relationship" with Lana for 7 years.  Dating 100 Ukrainian women might just mean he chatted with a hundred bots on dating apps...

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

Well, he also says he's been in a "relationship" with Lana for 7 years.  Dating 100 Ukrainian women might just mean he chatted with a hundred bots on dating apps...

Ha ha, true. David's proven that his words clearly can't be taken at face value.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, 4Sibes Redux said:

David said that there had been a video “chat” that costs more, but that it is only visual. You can’t actually talk with each other. 

And this live appearance happened only once IIRC.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I love how Ash, because she questioned his masculine/feminism mumbo jumbo, now decides to go with the "you hurt people" to Avery. It's like he wants to make sure we all think that she's only critiquing his bullshit b/c she gets off on causing people pain!  What a fucking loser.

Geoffrey's hair.  It seems very Hair Club for Men to me.

Before-After-Andy-klein.gif?resize=296,3

Geoffrey sure held on tight to his banya hat when he flipped into the lake. Varya did not.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

David has spent over $100K (that he admits to -- I suspect the actual amount is at least double), desperately, desperately wants to believe Lana is real, and no amount of evidence can convince him otherwise. This whole thing is taking on a Shutter Island vibe.

Yolanda is in the same boat although it's not as severe. She's at least willing to admit the possibility that she's been scammed. The fact that she has children she trusts and who see the truth may be the difference.

I don't believe either one is faking. What would they have to gain by acting like credulous idiots on national television?

People do all kinds of shitty things, things that make them look bad, to appear on TV. Yolanda's written a cookbook that she pimps. Maybe she thought publicity would help. This show, and reality TV in general, has a long history of frauding us. Tim's entire storyline with Jennifer was faked. Lots of info out there about Yolanda...

Maybe their stories DID happen to them in the past, but they're recreating it for the show. Most of these people don't seem to care if their narratives make them look dumb or crazy- they just want to be noticed. The ones that become breakout "stars" are generally not the smart, nice ones but the trainwrecks

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, JennMatMusic33 said:

This show just proves that common sense isn't so common anymore.

As my grandma used to say to Maury guests - "I'd like to whack some sense into her/him". So consider this some "whack".

Varya *whack*: Run, don't walk, away from Geoffrey. Since Geoffrey has not, seemingly at this point, told her about his other criminal past, TLC or whomever has to step in. No way should she say yes or entertain the notion of marrying him, not with that record. Those kind of domestic charges would have any woman running from the hills and if he is not being honest....double whacks for him.

*Double whacks* for David: You idiot. Lana is not real. You have never been talking to the girl in those pictures. You may have been talking to several different girls, but never that one blonde. I was concerned for his translator friend when he was on the phone call with the PI. His body language and underlying rage were simmering, and she looked uncomfortable. There is something very wrong with him. 

Yolanda *whack*: Another idiot. You have not been talking to the muscular beefcake that is in those pictures. Her kids need to take away any form of technology she has because she can not be trusted to send nudies to foreign men that she has never met or has even had a face to face phone convo with! Just...no.

Ed *there's not enough whacks*: A selfish, selfish man. He only wants sex, he doesn't care about her health, her family's lack of wealth, Prince, etc. He came to have his needs met. He wants to take a paradise vacation with a young pretty woman. He doesn't give a shit about her personally. Just wants arm candy. To wait until after they have had sex and he has, on multiple occasions, criticized her on national television, to tell Rose that he doesn't want kids? Despicable. She pointed out several times that she told him before during their long distance courtship that she wants more children. Why didn't he tell her then? Oh, because he's a dog. Sorry, dogs. 

I have to say though, with all of the Covid chaos going on, this is welcome entertainment on Sunday nights. 

I agree with all your points. I don't believe in violence, but I really did want to hit them upside the head knock some sense into them.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

On 4/30/2020 at 6:41 PM, mamadrama said:

I'm a writer who's worked from home for the past 10 years. My 13 yo son has cancer and has been homeschooled since

I hear you and thank you for sharing a glimpse of your life.  Yesterday I realized that I really hated the expression “new normal” that is being tossed around right now. I was diagnosed with cancer two years ago and the way they lead you along like oh after you have this done everything is going to be great and then when you get to the end of their line and they shove you out the door you’re like hey wait a minute my life is not back to where it was before. why can’t I let go of this impending burden of recurrence and aftereffects.  Oh this is your “new normal“. Is the “new normal” better or worse? And nobody tells you. you have to figure it out for yourself and then you have to live with it and people tell you to get over it and stop talking about it.   Right now people are having to deal with a “new normal“ with this pandemic and so many people are not tolerating it.  I have used gloves and hand wipes for 2yrs.  I run when someone coughs or sneezes.  Now the talk is about constant doubt, fear, searching for hope and living to protect yourself.  I step back and say to myself, “see, I told you so.  Welcome to my world”. I think I a, handling this better than a lot of my friends.  So my heart goes out to you and keep posting on 90 days!

• Love 20
28 minutes ago, 4Sibes Redux said:

This is right out of Maria’s “I love you, my husband” playbook! Brilliant. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Anybody with two brain cells firing would have realized the truth about those photos of “Williams.”  

Kids need to take away her phone and take away any computer that she would have access to. She obviously can’t take care of herself.  Unless, of course,  her complete stupidity at this point is for the TLC paycheck.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

I'm not discounting that he and Jesse may have gotten together and blamed it on the wine and moonlight and vowed to never speak of it again. 

He is such a mega-douche, going to a bar to FaceTime his "Baby". He could have done this little chat in his hotel room. Such a camera whore. I utterly despise him. I think his sister made him feel a teeny bit remorseful for that last encounter with Darcy but when he actually got there to apologize, his douchery kicked in and he just couldn't stop his true nature from coming out. Triggered much? 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I seem to recall at the beginning she hinted that he had asked her for money and she had not sent any, but anyone as dumb as she is HAS to be paying someone to communicate with her.

She said he had asked her to send him money for an airline ticket to the US but she decided to go to the "London airport" instead, but although she denies it, I'm sure she's sent him money. She straight up lied when she told Kara that she had just sent him "regular pitchers" until she was cornered and admitted they were nudes. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Are we going to be treated to seeing BGL storming the US Embassy in Nigeria and demanding her "tax payin' rahts" like Angela? 

Among his other transgressions, I'm surprised Rose didn't mention how Ed hounded her about her 4000 FB friends. With 3999 more, I'm sure she can find a better prospect to bring her to America. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

The difference is that without a camera crew she would probably end up in a ditch short of a kidney. 

Now that's the kind of shit I want to see. Especially the people that I hate on these shows. For example, I wish they would have just fed Ed to the hogs, a couple of weeks ago.

• LOL 11
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

He said "I haven't been in a relationship for 7 years with someone who isn't real.  I mean come on."  and then he chuckled in what I thought sounded like an extremely nervous way.  I didn't sense anything funny in that "laugh."  

And he definitely seemed a little ragey during the phone convo with the PI...

I watched that segment and didn't see "ragey."  Defensive, yes. Ragey, no.  But I still maintain this is a fake story he's acting.  He didn't seem as upset as he should to learn from a private investigator what he heard.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, kendi said:

I'm not discounting that he and Jesse may have gotten together and blamed it on the wine and moonlight and vowed to never speak of it again. 

He is such a mega-douche, going to a bar to FaceTime his "Baby". He could have done this little chat in his hotel room. Such a camera whore. I utterly despise him. I think his sister made him feel a teeny bit remorseful for that last encounter with Darcy but when he actually got there to apologize, his douchery kicked in and he just couldn't stop his true nature from coming out. Triggered much? 

I was sitting there thinking while I was waiting for the TV show to show us who he was speaking with that it would be hysterical if it ended up being Stacy.  Something/Anything to make this couple's story line entertaining.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I LOL at how ash wants to present women as "overemotional" and men as "logical" as he sits there crying over his hurt feelings.  

I just love that, he has completely convinced himself that there is some sort of formula for understanding people that he has figured out, he just absolutely refuses to grant men or woman any sort of agency over their choices or emotion. Sorry Ash, you are just a shitty person, you can chose not to be one and I dunno, talk to a woman like she isn't a sex doll running Windows 3.1 without enough RAM.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, blubld43 said:

I don't see any marriages coming out of this season, although I'm afraid Usman might grit his teeth and go through with it.  And I'm hoping very much Varya did some research after Geoffreys prison revelations, and decided no thanks.

Rose's  point by point argument listing Ed's bad behavior was delivered so well that I wonder if it was a rehearsed and producer driven dramatic "near breakup" and that she forgives him in the next episode and gets back on the green card train. 

Also, for what it's worth,  I don't think Varya and Rose are angriest about "he had sex with me under false pretenses before dropping the bombshell news."  I think they are angrier and ashamed about "I introduced him to my entire family/village as my boyfriend before he dropped the bombshell news."   

• Love 19
2 hours ago, lilysmom said:

but did David ever actually speak with Lana, or has it all been in text? I'm thinking he hasn't. Makes it even odder if he believes he knows her so well.

He admitted early on that they've never SPOKEN, just exchanged translated texts on the dating app. I found that very strange because since childhood he was so obsessed with "Natasha" type accents since childhood but had never actually heard Lana's voice. 

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I LOL at how ash wants to present women as "overemotional" and men as "logical" as he sits there crying over his hurt feelings.  

It was hilarious!

And his buzz words and phrases:  you aren't hearing my pain...or listening to my pain...

He also likes to use the word "construct."

• LOL 5
  • Love 15

Ed never wanted to marry Rose. He wanted a sex vacation. He managed to get TLC to pay for some of it. 

He panicked at the thought of having to marry Rose and being a step-father to Prince. His creeper photography life will be threatened if he gets stuck with Rose and Prince. He wants to moped around with his dog and not have to worry about taking down his picture collection of half-nude models in his bedroom. 

I was hoping Igor and Varya would team up to finish off Geoff. Leave him in the Russian woods for good. 

Lana is most likely a hefty Baba with a family of 12. The tiny violin you hear is the one I'm playing for David. I have zero sympathy for him

Same for Yolanda. Nobody is that naive or stupid. She's scamming all the viewers.

Baby Barf Lisa. She's awful. Abusive. She is not a woman I'd want looking after a loved one who is at end of life. She seems the type to slip the wedding ring while someone lays there dying. Usman, she's not worth it. There are nicer women out there who'll get you to the USA. 

Tom Crooks,  he's probably already cheated on Shannon. It interesting how he picks women in another country to have a relationship with. It works perfectly for him, doesn't it? He can pull out the British charm on FaceTime with literally zero hassle. He likes to be adored. He's another narcissistic player.  

Run, Erika, Run

Run, Avery Run. 

1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Tom, have you gained weight? I saw love handles when you were sitting at the bar in your blue shirt.  Maybe your workout should include more than bicep curls.  I'm just telling you for your own good. If you wake up alone at 55, you will have nobody to blame but yourself.

Tom looks to be 55 already but nobody has told him. 

• Love 19
45 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I doubt you can get a marriage licence in the US without your divorce decree, so why did BGL not bring it with her?

Yes you can.  I've been married more than once but have never been asked to provide proof I am divorced.  Something you sign states you are free to marry, that's it.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Are we going to be treated to seeing BGL storming the US Embassy in Nigeria and demanding her "tax payin' rahts" like Angela? 

Among his other transgressions, I'm surprised Rose didn't mention how Ed hounded her about her 4000 FB friends. With 3999 more, I'm sure she can find a better prospect to bring her to America. 

She also didn't bring up how he found her leg hair gross.  Was there ANYTHING he liked about her?  Oh yeah.  Boinking her.

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I watched that segment and didn't see "ragey."  Defensive, yes. Ragey, no.  But I still maintain this is a fake story he's acting.  He didn't seem as upset as he should to learn from a private investigator what he heard.

But that's because he doesn't believe it.  He's already convinced himself that she is real, hot, and in love with him.  He just wanted the P.I. to actually FIND this particular girl and ask her why she is so shy that she can't meet David and set up some type of meeting.  If he doesn't hear what he wants to hear, it's not real.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

🥚  will be content with the MAFS fame and sex with starstruck fans when he is back home, riding his scooter with Teddy on his back in Sandy Eggo.

His Itty Bitty  burst of Fame will be enough for his vanity.

🥚doesn't want the headache of a smelly wife and young(money pit)kid.

His exit ramp is Marie asking for money....buh bye...

He lives in a cute affordable place, has a good  job and photography hobby to satisfy his needs to be pervy around pretty young women.

He will repair his relationship with his daughter, enjoy MAFS fame sex and attention....  life is good.

He is already following in Darcy's recipe..he has several online relationships on the stove...he is trolling and grooming them to be his next conquest...for teevee.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

Yes you can.  I've been married more than once but have never been asked to provide proof I am divorced.  Something you sign states you are free to marry, that's it.

As someone new-isly married I have to say I was really taken aback by how easy it is to do, just from a paperwork standpoint.

We were married on a Saturday and I dropped the paperwork off at the county clerk during lunch on Monday, took all of like 10 minutes to get the license and then to have it recorded. Like, really? I don't know what I was expecting but I thought one of the biggest decisions of my life would be more complicated something I could do during lunch.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, kendi said:

He is such a mega-douche, going to a bar to FaceTime his "Baby". He could have done this little chat in his hotel room. 

It's all about the background.  There's nowhere that you can get that ambiance in a Motel 6 room.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

But that's because he doesn't believe it.  He's already convinced himself that she is real, hot, and in love with him.  He just wanted the P.I. to actually FIND this particular girl and ask her why she is so shy that she can't meet David and set up some type of meeting.  If he doesn't hear what he wants to hear, it's not real.  

This is why I'd be worried about the girl in the pictures.  If David ever found her, she would be unable to convince him that she is not Lana. 

And I think that's what he wanted from the PI.  He wanted to know where to find the girl in the picture. 

And he would keep getting angrier as she refused to accept that she is HIS Lana and that SHE agreed to marry him and travel in an RV and live in his pitiful house with him.  

He is "owed" a relationship with the girl in the pictures whether she wants it or not because he spent a lot of money.  

Is it all fake...maybe, but assuming it's real....it's really not a good look for him. 

• Love 17
(edited)

Ash blew up his scam by allowing teevee to film his stream of nonsensical gibberish about his loony stereotypical "ideas" about women...

His dentist brother must have been SHH, think damn...I'm going to be supporting my douche brother for the rest of my life....

The women at the seminar were props organized by MAFS....do not see how a relationship hack like him with ZERO credentials could get more than a few dolts to show up during a work day...

Nasty way he told her she was mispronouncing Melbourne....what a bag of dicks....Mail Bun, it is, you asshat....

Be nice to the woman willing and eager to have sex with you....to borrow from Geoffrey...she flew all the way from the US to be with you, jerk off...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

I doubt you can get a marriage licence in the US without your divorce decree, so why did BGL not bring it with her?

I'm a newlywed and my wife was a divorcee--she didn't need to have her divorce decree when we got our license, just the date it was finalized (presumably they can check this quickly, especially since we're in the same state as her divorce?). But yeah, going to a foreign country, I would take extra documentation. Getting a Real ID last year, I brought twice as much documentation as I actually needed--which was good, as they didn't accept my lease as proof of residence (eyeroll). But we're talking about an overweight wrinkly sack who smokes like a chimney where it's not allowed and genuinely thinks a young, handsome "star" loves her, who demands "blessings" from "mommy" after spending a tiny amount of time in a mosque, and barks orders at her handsome "fiance"; clearly this is a Karen to whom the rules do not apply.

• Love 11
(edited)

Lots of delusions to unpack here. 

Ed is a selfish, delusional jackass. He thinks he is a knight in shining armour that has come in to sweep poor Rose off her feet and that she will accept any scraps he throws at her. I love the way she is throwing it back at him and hope she tells him to go to hell.

Ash is a delusional idiot. I really can't imagine what Avery could have ever seen in him. It is enjoyable to see how flustered he is now that his bubble has burst, but I think he actually believes the bullshit he has been spewing and now he's screwed. Time to find a new line of work.

Yolanda. I honestly can't believe her delusions about the authenticity of Weeyams. Same for David and Lana. I doubt if between them, there is a functional brain, but they should pair up and save the rest of the world from their dumb asses. 

Why are we still being subjected to Darcy and Tom? I couldn't care less about him and his Toronto gf, who looks to me like she is getting makeup tips from a drag queen. I guess I should be grateful that at least Darcy covered up her ginormous chest. It's the little things.....

I just can't with Lisa. Aside from being a delusional, rude,odious hag, I hate the way she talks in that clipped tone with her words all running together.  

Stephanie.  If I close my eyes whenever she talks all I see is Josh Flagg from MDL Los Angeles. They both have that nasally vocal fry. Her name escapes me, but I did enjoy the dinner with Rainbow Unicorn's parents.

And finally Geoffrey and Varya. Please, TLC spare us any more of those tittoo scenes. If I wasn't aware of all his backstory, I would think these two are kind of cute together. But she definitely does not deserve what he has to offer.  

Edited by lizajane
How could I forget Steph??
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, DEL901 said:

If the PI was going to defraud or play him, he would have said he was on her trail, send more money.    And don’t shoot the messenger.   She was just translating. 

Yes, what exactly does he know about her?   Her mother’s name?   What she does for a living?  What about the names of her friends?  What does she do for a living?  What does she do for fun besides bowling, horse back riding and scamming gullible Americans?

I think he "knows" that she is very shy and timid, and that she is too scared to ask the Russian Mafia to stop using her pictures because they will kill her. He also knows that she is very humble and meek and therefore, is too polite to ask anyone how to use a phone and feels undeserving of her own. He knows that the Russian cam site will allow Lana to their messaging system to talk to him because they also have a certain number of beautiful young models that they help find love for free because it allows the agency to have non-profit designation. He knows that she is very very thankful that they give her this privilege and she would never ask them for more nor ask them to make the messages free.

• LOL 17
  • Love 2

I stated this upthread that when we went to get a marriage license (in MN) I did not have to have my decree with me, I just needed to know the day it was granted (That would have been me you saw cartwheeling in the street while holding sparklers in my mouth, why do you ask?)  But me being me I brought it with just in case we had Overachieving Olive behind the counter.  To get married in a foreign country I would have had not just my passport but my drivers license, birth certificate, divorce decree and anything else I needed to prove who I was.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I've been married more than once but have never been asked to provide proof I am divorced.  Something you sign states you are free to marry, that's it.

In New York State, you have to provide the date of divorce and county in which it was granted.  However, it appears that they don't run a check, because after 9/11, a lot of "widows and widowers" were unable to claim benefits, because their "spouse" lied about being divorced.  

“Men are logical; women are emotional”, said a man who had an emotional breakdown while his girlfriend watched, calmly.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

Ed never wanted to marry Rose. He wanted a sex vacation. He managed to get TLC to pay for some of it. 

He panicked at the thought of having to marry Rose and being a step-father to Prince. His creeper photography life will be threatened if he gets stuck with Rose and Prince. He wants to moped around with his dog and not have to worry about taking down his picture collection of half-nude models in his bedroom. 

If he wanted just a sex vacation, he could go do that fairly cheaply, less intrusively, and less humiliatingly by heading to the bunny ranches of Las Vegas; yes, he'd have to pay and TLC wouldn't.   Unless he likes the wooing aspect, sex wasn't an automatic with Rose nor any woman he isn't paying for.

He just knows that in order to get the younger women, he's going to have to keep that not wanting kids detail out until he meets them and then has has to hope that person will decide he America is more imporant that kids.   

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Because she has a contract with TLC to see this through.  If people take off in the middle of the season, the series is left hanging.

She should've pulled a "Tiffany in South Africa" and just found another 90-day fiancé at the local bar! TV gold!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3