Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Private Eyes

• Start Topic

(edited)
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

How does David have a full trash can if he was in Russia?

Nothing about David's place says he had or has extra money to spend on on line chats with bots.

Compared to his place Debbie and Colt's place looks like a cover of Architectural Digest.

YESSSSSSSS. I am half asleep usually when I watch and frequently doze off through half of it so generally I am NOt very observant but that full trash can (and with cans- do they not recycle in Nevada?) caught my eye immediately as well. I guess maybe we can say he had someone come in to feed Mothra and that person made the trash-----but it was bizarre the way it was so visible.  I loved Elizabeth's comment about his couches- that it was what was in the room that  no one would go into when she grew up because it was so gross. lol

Oh and editing to add, Shannon was a more attractive version of Darcy. (Darcy is a cartoon)........ I thought at first I heard a bit of an accent from Shannon but then it might have just been the poor sound quality of the video call. Anyone else hear an accent from her? ( I was almost thinking about Weeyum and his "British" accent hahaha)

Edited by mayvenne
  • Love 4
(edited)

OMG, I wasn't looking at the TV when the show was on as I was cleaning, but I'm listening to Baby Girl Lisa talking about Rose...and then I realized that it was actually Big Ed's voice.  Fuck, they are almost voice doubles!

Meanwhile, the voice that drives me the craziest is Rose's.  That horrible monotone!  (No spoilers, just listen to her voice)

The scene with David and his friend, David looked like he was going to burst out in laughter talking to his friend.  I do not believe this is a true storyline.  I believe Dave is punking us.

Edited by sasha206
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
41 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Yes, what exactly does he know about her?   Her mother’s name?   What she does for a living?  What about the names of her friends?  What does she do for a living?  What does she do for fun besides bowling, horse back riding and scamming gullible Americans?

4 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I think both Yolanda's and David's stories are fake. There may be a grain of truth in them, such as being catfished/scammed at some point in the past, but this looks and smells like BS. As I've commented before, David has far too much experience dating real Ukrainian women for this to be true.

David has spent over $100K (that he admits to -- I suspect the actual amount is at least double), desperately, desperately wants to believe Lana is real, and no amount of evidence can convince him otherwise. This whole thing is taking on a Shutter Island vibe.

Yolanda is in the same boat although it's not as severe. She's at least willing to admit the possibility that she's been scammed. The fact that she has children she trusts and who see the truth may be the difference.

I don't believe either one is faking. What would they have to gain by acting like credulous idiots on national television?

• Love 11
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

David has spent over $100K (that he admits to -- I suspect the actual amount is at least double), desperately, desperately wants to believe Lana is real, and no amount of evidence can convince him otherwise. This whole thing is taking on a Shutter Island vibe.

Yolanda is in the same boat although it's not as severe. She's at least willing to admit the possibility that she's been scammed. The fact that she has children she trusts and who see the truth may be the difference.

I don't believe either one is faking. What would they have to gain by acting like credulous idiots on national television?

People will do anything to get on TV.  Hell, there was an ad during this program for "Smothered" in which a mom and daughter talked about showering together.  People will do ANYTHING.

He absolutely looked like he was going to burst into laughter.telling his friend his need for "closure."  I do not believe this AT ALL.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Rabithed said:

I’m sure it’s been said before, but I can’t with Ash and those eyes! 👀👀 If he were a normal decent guy I wouldn’t bring it up but...he’s not. 
There is not one likeable person in this lot. 

I think Usman is fairly likable.  But you are right - most of them are awful for a variety of reasons.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Ash's response to Avery very diplomatically pointing out some issues with his stupid talk was to gaslight, accuse her of cruelty, and whinge about his "pain." She handled it much better than I would have, but I can't figure out why she even stuck around to have the conversation. It's obviously not going to work out with the bug-eyed caveman plagiarist, so why waste her time? She should go enjoy MelbOURNe on her own without having to navigate the minefield that is Ash's extremely addled, "feminine" brain.

Because she has a contract with TLC to see this through.  If people take off in the middle of the season, the series is left hanging.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

OMG, I wasn't looking at the TV when the show was on as I was cleaning, but I'm listening to Baby Girl Lisa talking about Rose...and then I realized that it was actually Big Ed's voice.  Fuck, they are almost voice doubles!

Meanwhile, the voice that drives me the craziest is Rose's.  That horrible monotone!  (No spoilers, just listen to her voice)

The scene with David and his friend, David looked like he was going to burst out in laughter talking to his friend.  I do not believe this is a true storyline.  I believe Dave is punking us.

I also do not believe that he had just returned from Russia when his friend was picking him up, the full trash can in his kitchen told us so, also, who picks someone up from the airport from the parking garage? The empty shelves and display cabinets, that yellow thing behind him when he was talking to his friend, was that a gumball machine behind him, the case of Mountain Dew on the kitchen counter...was that a plastic playhouse at the end of his table during the scene with his Russian friend while on the phone with the PI?  That beat up lamp, sofa and chair...that looks like a house where you'd find a body.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
On 5/2/2020 at 7:54 PM, RealReality said:

Her sending it back makes her look pathetic.  She should throw that garbage key in the trash.  Reaching out to Tom in any way makes it clear she still cares and wants to engage him. 

Exactly.  What she was really hoping for is that he'd give her the letter, she'd refuse it, and then he comes back, swoops her up in his arms, tells her he was so wrong and then begs for her forgiveness.  Happily ever after.  When that didn't happen, it's time to reach out!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I was on the fence about whether or not David was frauding us, not any more.  I got a genuine sense of anger, rage even, at the suggestion that Lana doesn't actually exist.

Same with Ash.  The male ego can be a dangerous thing and I saw that clearly last night.

Rose is my new hero.  If she actually walks away from this troll, I bet she gets loads of new, better opportunities.  You go Rose, I'd contribute to a gofundme for her and Prince. 

I don't see any marriages coming out of this season, although I'm afraid Usman might grit his teeth and go through with it.  And I'm hoping very much Varya did some research after Geoffreys prison revelations, and decided no thanks.

Edited by blubld43
  • Love 13
7 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I was on the fence about whether or not David was frauding us, not any more.  I got a genuine sense of anger, rage even, at the suggestion that Lana doesn't actually exist.

Rage?  He laughed during that conversation.  He wasn't raging and didn't even seem angered.  He hugged the guy after.

• Love 3
Just now, sasha206 said:

Rage?  He laughed during that conversation.  He wasn't raging and didn't even seem angered.  He hugged the guy after.

I thought he seemed angry.   With his translator friend too.  

• Love 19

I just want to laugh at Tom and the way he sets up all his scenes. When he and Darcy were at that restaurant he held his wrist up through the whole conversation so we could see his watch. Last night he had his glasses positioned along with the case and then his phone and watch.  He's in it for the screen time.

• Love 15
(edited)
5 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I thought he seemed angry.   With his translator friend too.  

Ah, I thought OP was talking about the conversation with the friend that picked him up that the airport!  I gotta go back and see the translator friend.

I still maintain this guy is a failed actor/comedian and this is faked. 

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

Same. And he sad part is that he has constructed a narrative in his mind and it really doesn't matter if the woman in the picture told him to his face that she was frauding him, he would probably reason that she was being pressured to say such things and he needed to get her away from the bad people who are forcing her to do this. David will continue to spend money  until there is nothing left, then she will cut him off. 

Yolanda is just dumb as a post. She had to be sending him money, otherwise he would have ghosted long before now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

Yolanda is just dumb as a post. She had to be sending him money, otherwise he would have ghosted long before now. 

Agree.  I keep waiting for the kids to ask her - until they get an actual answer - "How much have you sent him?"

I seem to recall at the beginning she hinted that he had asked her for money and she had not sent any, but anyone as dumb as she is HAS to be paying someone to communicate with her.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

Rose is my new hero.  If she actually walks away from this troll, I bet she gets loads of new, better opportunities.  You go Rose, I'd contribute to a gofundme for her and Prince. 

She was so happy and natural at the resort. Are "we" you know the Royal we, above plugging the Sheriden Resort on Palawan to hire her? Super good PR in hard travel times and she and Prince could come too.   She could meet a rich guy on vacation in no time!

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I seem to recall at the beginning she hinted that he had asked her for money and she had not sent any, but anyone as dumb as she is HAS to be paying someone to communicate with her.

She also said that the pics she sent him weren't nudes, then confessed that they were. I think her kids staged an intervention and we are simply seeing a replay of that. The Williams has been gone for a lomg time. 

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

When the PI told him that "Lana" was on multiple websites:  "THAT'S A LIE!!!!"

So can't the PI send him links????

I got the impression he meant that someone was using her photos without authorization and the “real” Lana was only interacting with him.  

• Love 9
Just now, DEL901 said:

I got the impression he meant that someone was using her photos without authorization and the “real” Lana was only interacting with him.  

Could be . . . but his inflexibility in hearing ANYTHING negative doesn't bode well for a happy ending.  ALL he will consider is that Lana is shy.

• Love 14
(edited)
13 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

How does David have a full trash can if he was in Russia?

Nothing about David's place says he had or has extra money to spend on on line chats with bots.

Compared to his place Debbie and Colt's place looks like a cover of Architectural Digest.

Yeah, that couch and chair.......oh my.  They are probably still comfortable, but, are very dated. I guess some people don't care about stuff like that. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
(edited)
40 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Could be . . . but his inflexibility in hearing ANYTHING negative doesn't bode well for a happy ending.  ALL he will consider is that Lana is shy.

It's hard with David, because he does randomly smirk, but maybe that's a serial killer smirk and not a "ha ha, I just got one over on you" smirk. 

I also find it hard to believe that someone who was hip enough to meet a ukranian woman (Anya) was this stupid ....but it's possible that he assumed that because someone as pretty as Anya (not a stunner, but a young, pretty girl) was interested in him he could also bag a Lana.  Like he maybe thought the poverty was so bad he could get a deal as good as Lana. 

If he is real, I'm concerned he is going to track down the woman in the pictures.  I think we've all agreed that whoever is talking to David, it's not the girl in the picture. 

The girl in the pictures doesn't know David exists.  I guess she made was some video?  Did it mention him by name?  

Either way, she may know what her pics are being used for, but she doesn't know the substance of the conversations - so I would be concerned that David is going to track down the girl in the pictures and insist that she meet him, insist that they have a relationship and won't take no for an answer.  

He is so delusionally committed to the idea that he is in a relationship with the girl in the picture that he seems like he could go scary and violent very fast.  

Had it been Lana behind the door and a camera crew hadn't been there I think there is a good chance he would have done something terrible to her.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, that couch and chair.......oh my.  They are probably still comfortable, but, are very dated. I guess some people don't care about stuff like that. 

Especially if you are blinded by love lust, and plan to sell everything and travel the country in an RV with your lady love. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 5/2/2020 at 10:47 AM, magemaud said:

I had to laugh when Darcey was sending back the key to Tom and she claimed "He said it was the key to his heart..." No, he DIDN'T! He specifically told her it was the key to his house so she would be welcome to come back at any time. This despite the fact that he never took her there on her visit. It was just like her calling Jesse's "appreciation ring" an engagement ring. 

Actually it's a key to a rusty antique lockbox on a shelf in the garage and currently being used to store various nuts and bolts.

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

If he is real, I'm concerned he is going to track down the woman in the pictures.  I think we've all agreed that whomever is talking to David, it's not the girl in the picture. 

Dr. Phil did an awesome catfish episode where the beautiful young woman whose picture was being used to catfish multiple men was brought out onto the stage with 3 of them.

Then Dr. Phil showed them a picture of the actual person who had been catfishing them.  

If Dr. Phil did that with David, he'd be backstage with the innocent person whose picture was being used, INSISTING that "since the camera is off, you can be honest with me now.  You really ARE Lana, and you really DO love me, right?"

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

He said "I haven't been in a relationship for 7 years with someone who isn't real.  I mean come on."  and then he chuckled in what I thought sounded like an extremely nervous way.  I didn't sense anything funny in that "laugh."  

And he definitely seemed a little ragey during the phone convo with the PI...

• LOL 2
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

...also, who picks someone up from the airport from the parking garage?

That airport may not have been keen on allowing a camera crew to camp out in the pickup area for the better part of an hour. My wife travels as part of her job. When I pick her up at the airport, if I park in the pickup area for more than a minute or two, the security guards will come over and order me to move. 

12 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It's dated because the money he would have spent on new furnishings was going to "Lana" instead. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Eh, I think it was all producer driven. No blackmail, just play acting (and very bad acting it is). No one could be that stupid.

I'm not sure it is bad "play acting"...Yolanda really comes across as that clueless and delusional. If she is acting, she may have a new career because her delusion is believable to me. Now, David, OTOH, that seems like really bad acting.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

His place looks like the furniture section at a goodwill.  

Maybe he was waiting for Lana to move in and spruce up the place?  

That producer was not here to play!  His "what's going on here?" was very clearly a "where the hell do you think YOURE going?"

That producer very nicely reminded him who was in charge. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, RealReality said:

He is so delusionally committed to the idea that he is in a relationship with the girl in the picture that he seems like he could go scary and violent very fast.  

Had it been Lana behind the door and a camera crew hadn't been there I think there is a good chance he would have done something terrible to her.  

Exactly.  I was nonplussed when he was going to her building, "she's going to see me whether she likes it or not",but figured it was for tv

3 minutes ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

He said "I haven't been in a relationship for 7 years with someone who isn't real.  I mean come on."  and then he chuckled in what I thought sounded like an extremely nervous way.  I didn't sense anything funny in that "laugh."  

And he definitely seemed a little ragey during the phone convo with the PI...

I got a very scary vibe from him.  He is so committed to his delusions, there's no telling what he'll do to maintain it.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, politichick said:

Both David and Yolanda are too stupid to fucking live.

They both need their phones and internet taken away from them!

1 minute ago, Mr. Miner said:

Asshat, Geoffrey, and Ed are too repulsive to fucking live.

And Babygirl!  She is just.....yuck.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I know that Yolanda has spoken to Williams on the phone (that's how we know he has that sexy British accent!), but did David ever actually speak with Lana, or has it all been in text? I'm thinking he hasn't. Makes it even odder if he believes he knows her so well.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, lilysmom said:

I know that Yolanda has spoken to Williams on the phone (that's how we know he has that sexy British accent!), but did David ever actually speak with Lana, or has it all been in text? I'm thinking he hasn't. Makes it even odder if he believes he knows her so well.

It hasn't even been by conventional text messages: 100% of the communication between David and "Lana" has been through a Russian dating site that charges $100 or so per hour.

• Love 15

I love how Ash, because she questioned his masculine/feminism mumbo jumbo, now decides to go with the "you hurt people" to Avery. It's like he wants to make sure we all think that she's only critiquing his bullshit b/c she gets off on causing people pain!  What a fucking loser.

Geoffrey's hair.  It seems very Hair Club for Men to me.

Before-After-Andy-klein.gif?resize=296,3

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)

David needs to do a reverse image search for "Lana".  He should have done it 7 years ago.  She is probably a model, the photo that comes with a common brand of new picture frames, or a porn star.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I love how Ash, because she questioned his masculine/feminism mumbo jumbo, now decides to go with the "you hurt people" to Avery

I think he was really going for the jugular as he really REALLY wanted her to  get up and start yelling, and he could tell everyone how crazy she was being.  But she just sat there, cool as a cucumber, probably thinking how the hell did THIS happen?  I would have stood up and said, we are not meeting your ex and your son, I need to rethink things.  And by rethinking I mean I am leaving for Washington.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, deirdra said:

David needs to do a reverse image search for "Lana".  She is probably a model, the photo that comes with a new picture frame, or a porn star.

It wouldn't do any good. Assuming he found her picture, he'd just assume the sites with the photos had "stolen" them from her.

Evidence only works when people are willing to be convinced.

• Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I wonder....Suppose the photos of Lana are on 7 sites.  How does David know that the site he got involved with has the "real" Lana? 

Eta: He admitted he knew her photos were at other sites.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

I wonder....Suppose the photos of Lana are on 7 sites.  How does David know that the site he got involved with has the "real" Lana? 

That's deep.  And so true!   But David is incapable of rational thought when it comes to this subject.

• Love 6
(edited)
53 minutes ago, politichick said:

Both David and Yolanda are too stupid to fucking live.

I honestly believe that Yolanda's walls are plastered with alternating signs that say "Inhale," "Exhale."

She's literally too stupid to remember to breathe.

ETA:  Since they both live in Las Vegas, Yolanda needs to photocopy a bunch of those signs and run them over to David's house.  

Edited by AZChristian
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
(edited)

Ed and Rose, BGL and Usman, David and Lana, Yolanda and Williams, Geoffrey and Varya.
The level of delusion in this series is laughable.  This foreigner loves me for MEEEEE, not because I’m their ticket to America and the almighty green card. 🙄

It’s an entertaining show, but I’m always aware there’s a camera crew and producer 4 feet from the action and that all footage is heavily edited. BGL wouldn’t be flipping the finger and stomping off in a huff if there wasn’t a hand dandy TLC car waiting and she actually was alone in Nigeria. They’d all be behaving differently without the safety of camera crew. 

But it’s all getting a bit repetitive now as they drag out storylines. And surely someone as determined as BGL would’ve checked needed documents before leaving the States? Proof of divorce seems a given. 

I wonder why Tom kept his finger over his image during the phone call to the “other” Darcy? I’ve noticed this before during these kinds of calls on this show.

That Filipino resort was empty. Where was everyone? The underwater shots were unsettling and unnecessary, but at least production got to stay at a nice place for the filming of that segment. 

Too bad we won’t get the reunion show.

Edited by Pondlass1
Mixed up Darcy with Stacy
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, citychic said:

I just want to laugh at Tom and the way he sets up all his scenes. When he and Darcy were at that restaurant he held his wrist up through the whole conversation so we could see his watch. Last night he had his glasses positioned along with the case and then his phone and watch.  He's in it for the screen time.

Even the way he positions his body while sitting, waiting for Darcy, he looks like he thinks he's a model in a GQ ad for a watch or a suit.  What is bizarre is that people like Tom and Jesse, who seem to be concerned about their own appearance, would be attracted to a completely fake-looking human blowup doll.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Eh, I think it was all producer driven. No blackmail, just play acting (and very bad acting it is). No one could be that stupid.

You would be surprised.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

I think I'm just too skeptical, but I really don't believe this was Erika's coming out story to the family.  I do believe they are sweet and supportive, but I doubt this was her first coming out.

In fact, I would be willing to bet the sort of look of surprise was that Stephanie didn't have pink/blue/green hair and no piercings and this is her "partner."

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 17