Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Private Eyes

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

“Men are logical; women are emotional”, said a man who had an emotional breakdown while his girlfriend watched, calmly.

And to top it off, he did that in front of television cameras.   He could teach career suicide 101. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 16
11 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

“Men are logical; women are emotional”, said a man who had an emotional breakdown while his girlfriend watched, calmly.

SUCH a pity that Ash can't read this.  He should.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I stated this upthread that when we went to get a marriage license (in MN) I did not have to have my decree with me, I just needed to know the day it was granted (That would have been me you saw cartwheeling in the street while holding sparklers in my mouth, why do you ask?)  But me being me I brought it with just in case we had Overachieving Olive behind the counter.  To get married in a foreign country I would have had not just my passport but my drivers license, birth certificate, divorce decree and anything else I needed to prove who I was.

Lol!  I will be celebrating my freedom sometime this summer.  And now I know, never will I try to date overseas.  I've been divorced more than once; the paperwork would just be too much..

10 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

She should've pulled a "Tiffany in South Africa" and just found another 90-day fiancé at the local bar! TV gold!

That was SJW Tania!

• Love 4

I still can't get over what I saw. I wonder if there was some trick of editing because it makes no sense. The way Ash described a perfectly reasonable series of questions albeit perhaps not the most reasonably asked as Avery stripping him down and squashing him like an ant makes me think that he is an histrionic bipolar. I had somebody with this disorder as a roommate and they were very much the same way with the grandiose way that they spoke about themselves. Also, his way of telling her that she hurt him was taken to a level of histrionic that was necessary. "You hurt people," he said as if she were a cruel dictator who sends people to be tortured. How about just, You really hurt my feelings," instead? But Ash wanted to make Avery sound like a monster for not supporting outdated, inaccurate positions he took in his seminar that she (and apparently everyone in attendance) disagreed with.
Really for me the most telling thing about him having a mental disorder was the talking about her in third person when she was sitting there. "She doesn't care. Why would I be with someone who doesn't care about me?"
The bottom line is that I don't think Ash is smart or self-aware enough to be emotionally manipulative on purpose. People who are histrionic bipolar have to be emotionally manipulative in order to keep people in their lives. It is a defense mechanism of the disorder. Accusing her of being heartless when all she did was disagree with him is very indicative of this disorder. When I told my histrionic bipolar roommate that she could not bring home homeless people that she thought had a message for her she told me that I had shattered her life. Grandiose, histrionic, way overstated. Exactly what Ash did.

Regardless of the cause, Ash's outrageous response to not being supported by Avery when he's wrong about something, dead wrong, is a giant red flag that she should run away. I'm curious though about his clientele. Who is falling for his BS? Who goes to a divorced relationship coach?

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

Lol!  I will be celebrating my freedom sometime this summer.  And now I know, never will I try to date overseas.  I've been divorced more than once; the paperwork would just be too much..

That was SJW Tania!

That's right! Now I feel bad. Tiffany is just kind of terrible. Tania is the worst of all time!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

That's right! Now I feel bad. Tiffany is just kind of terrible. Tania is the worst of all time!

Oh, don't feel bad, Tiffany is plenty terrible! Few are on Tania's level, but there is no need to feel bad at all!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

If he wanted just a sex vacation, he could go do that fairly cheaply, less intrusively, and less humiliatingly by heading to the bunny ranches of Las Vegas; yes, he'd have to pay and TLC wouldn't.   Unless he likes the wooing aspect, sex wasn't an automatic with Rose nor any woman he isn't paying for.

He just knows that in order to get the younger women, he's going to have to keep that not wanting kids detail out until he meets them and then has has to hope that person will decide he America is more imporant that kids.   

I disagree. Ed is a major germaphobe. He wanted to suss out someone that he'd know is safe/clean. If went on a sex vacation, he would not be guaranteed that.  

Just now, Barbara Please said:

I disagree. Ed is a major germaphobe. He wanted to suss out someone that he'd know is safe/clean. If went on a typical sex vacation, he would not be guaranteed that.  

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Oh, don't feel bad, Tiffany is plenty terrible! Few are on Tania's level, but there is no need to feel bad at all!

To me, Tiff is worse as she is subjecting her son to this dumpster fire and brought forth another baby in to the situation.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

If he wanted just a sex vacation, he could go do that fairly cheaply, less intrusively, and less humiliatingly by heading to the bunny ranches of Las Vegas; yes, he'd have to pay and TLC wouldn't.   Unless he likes the wooing aspect, sex wasn't an automatic with Rose nor any woman he isn't paying for.

I think Ed wants to pretend it's not sex tourism if he wraps it up in a fantasy love story and calls Rose his queen. I have a hard time believing he really wants to bring Rose and Prince (and most likely her extended family) to his home to disrupt his daily life. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
Just now, poeticlicensed said:

I think Ed wants to pretend it's not sex tourism if he wraps it up in a fantasy love story and calls Rose his queen. I have a hard time believing he really wants to bring Rose and Prince (and most likely her extended family) to his home to disrupt his daily life. 

You said it better than I could have. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

To me, Tiff is worse as she is subjecting her son to this dumpster fire and brought forth another baby in to the situation.

I agree!  Tiffany paints herself as some sort of Madonna, gtfoh.  

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I agree and I think the primary reason he does this is because he doesn't want to be a "bad guy" as Ed is very invested in being perceived as a "nice guy"

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 12
Just now, RealReality said:

I agree and I think the primary reason he does this is because he doesn't want to be a "bad guy" as Ed is a "nice guy"

It's his entire schtick; he doesn't have good looks so he has to be a "nice guy".

I have more respect for the creepers that call it what it is.

• Love 4
(edited)

Please be cool you guys, I don't want to lose any more amazingly funny snarkers.  

FWIW, I thought erikas mom was lovely and not egregiously huge by the standards of the show.  YMMV, which is fine.  

But, I think we all can agree that maybe the cold shoulder top has had it's moment in the sun!  I wonder if the shoulder fabric that is cut out is used to make Barbie clothes?  Anyways, we should retire the whole look.  

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I agree and I think the primary reason he does this is because he doesn't want to be a "bad guy" as Ed is very invested in being perceived as a "nice guy"

He is one of those phoney nice guys who are only nice until you say no to them.  He was mad when Rose didn’t immediately say okay to no kids and forgive him when he did that little smile with his chin tilted down and his eyes wide open that mommy told him was charming when he was small(er) and misbehaved.   

• Love 20
(edited)

David and Yolanda are clueless seniors being catfished by fake Lana and fake Williams. They both live in Las Vegas. They should get together. They have a lot in common, are about the same age, are totally delusional and stubborn. But, no, that won't work because neither of them would think the other was "hot" enough for them or worth their time. Plus, they don't know how to deal with a real, live, "in-the-flesh" person. Two complete and utter fools!

Edited by Matty
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Really for me the most telling thing about him having a mental disorder was the talking about her in third person when she was sitting there. "She doesn't care. Why would I be with someone who doesn't care about me?"

He was saying that to the producer and cameraman.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree. She keeps telling Ronald how awful he is and how she doesn't trust him, and yet, faster than the blink of an eye, she became impregnated with his child.  She is one of the most annoying, sanctimonious, self-righteous people to grace this franchise.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

I LOL at how ash wants to present women as "overemotional" and men as "logical" as he sits there crying over his hurt feelings.  

LOL!

"She doesn't CARE!"  wahhh!

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Exactly this. Hence his giving himself the name Big Ed and making jokes about himself before anyone else does. If anybody is stupid and shallow enough to insult him on his appearance to his face, then it tells you a lot about that person. Instead of being a genuine nice guy, he's on the offensive and plays on people's kindness to him. His developed persona as that scampy quirky goofball is appealing. There are friendly people out there that do care to get to know someone as a person. A lot of people thought him to be entertaining when the season started and did 180s when it became all about him and only him. No doubt, he is odd looking but it's such a crutch. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Rage?  He laughed during that conversation.  He wasn't raging and didn't even seem angered.  He hugged the guy after.

It's funny because I also got the feeling that he was getting really, really pissed off.

For the people saying that having a full garbage means he didn't just return from Russia.  Some bachelors are not exactly the cleanest people.  He probably just didn't empty the garbage before he left.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Honey said:

For the people saying that having a full garbage means he didn't just return from Russia.  Some bachelors are not exactly the cleanest people.  He probably just didn't empty the garbage before he left.

I think Yolanda was staying there while David was in Russia.  We all know she doesn't live at that AirBnB where they filmed her family dinner.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Honey said:

Wasn't there somebody at the house watching the cat?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

She may have been fluffy but, so far, she's been one of the standouts when it comes to pleasantness. It's not necessarily the physical stuff we make fun of, it's the personality. If Bad Egg was a loving, kind soul with a heart of gold I seriously doubt his neck stuff would've gone past the first episode. Likewise, if Ash didn't lose his shit and come off slimy then his google eyes wouldn't matter.

And for those in the live chat last night, here are the puppies. Mama had seven! (I foster. These were abandoned.)

IMG_20200504_154417788-1560x2080.jpg

Yeah, I can see how making fun of her was unneeded, plus I had typed that before she even said anything.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I still maintain this guy is a failed actor/comedian and this is faked. 

re David. That has to be it. There has to be some angle to be showcased the way he is.

3 hours ago, John M said:

I really want to know what Usman thinks living in the US is like exactly. Besides his delusions about his music "career" he seems otherwise reasonable. Like surely he knows that Lisa has no social or economic standing in the US, surely he knows he has no marketable skills in the US. Like, what is plan B for him? Is he aware that he is qualified to work at a gas station for minimum wage in the US if the whole music thing doesn't work out?

Especially in York, PA. Not exactly the music capital of the States and not the rap capital of the States.  Lisa has big plans for Usman if he ever gets to the States - just having him at home at her beck and call 24/7.

3 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Ed never wanted to marry Rose. He wanted a sex vacation. He managed to get TLC to pay for some of it. 

I agree he never wanted to marry Rose, but I think he along with Yolanda and Stephanie is doing it more for the exposure than for finding someone. It's just didn't go the way he thought it would. Ed thought people would find him funny, sweet and dorky. We found him quite the opposite. 

• Love 12
55 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

She may have been fluffy but, so far, she's been one of the standouts when it comes to pleasantness. It's not necessarily the physical stuff we make fun of, it's the personality. If Bad Egg was a loving, kind soul with a heart of gold I seriously doubt his neck stuff would've gone past the first episode. Likewise, if Ash didn't lose his shit and come off slimy then his google eyes wouldn't matter.

And for those in the live chat last night, here are the puppies. Mama had seven! (I foster. These were abandoned.)

IMG_20200504_154417788-1560x2080.jpg

Mama Drama! You are the best - the total best for fostering! And what cutie patooties. I hope they all get adopted to loving homes in the next few months. Bless you. And cuteness!!!

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

Mama Drama! You are the best - the total best for fostering! And what cutie patooties. I hope they all get adopted to loving homes in the next few months. Bless you. And cuteness!!!

What kind of dogs are those (she asks while wondering if her cat would tollorate a puppy)?

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Especially in York, PA. Not exactly the music capital of the States and not the rap capital of the States.  Lisa has big plans for Usman if he ever gets to the States - just having him at home at her beck and call 24/7.

Which is Usman's mother's worst fear - he is going to be a slave (to Lisa) in America.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Honey said:

It's funny because I also got the feeling that he was getting really, really pissed off.

So on top of the depressing furnishings in David's home there is now an old trash odor, yeah, Russian chicks dig that, lol.

3 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Which is Usman's mother's worst fear - he is going to be a slave (to Lisa) in America.

Maybe Usman will be pals with Jay!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

So on top of the depressing furnishings in David's home there is now an old trash odor, yeah, Russian chicks dig that, lol.

David should have realized that there was no way on God's green earth that a girl who looks like the Lana photos would want to toodle around in an RV with a geezer.  Yippee ki yi yay!  zzzz..z..z...z...z..

• Love 9
Just now, Kyanight said:

David should have realized that there was no way on God's green earth that a girl who looks like the Lana photos would want to toodle around in an RV with a geezer.  Yippee ki yi yay!  zzzz..z..z...z...z..

David doesn't even realize there's no Lana.  So he can build a fantasy life with her that's every bit as exciting as the fantasy life he probably has with his collection of blow-up dolls.

LOL.

• Love 6
Just now, AZChristian said:

David doesn't even realize there's no Lana.  So he can build a fantasy life with her that's every bit as exciting as the fantasy life he probably has with his collection of blow-up dolls.

LOL.

I see him driving down the road in his motor home with a beautiful blonde in the passenger seat next to him... and it is one of those Real Dolls that looks just like Lana and they lived happily ever after.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

LOL.

He needs to sell his house already and drive off into the sunset with whichever blow up doll is his favorite.  If he has room, he can pack his entire set.  He can pretend his BLOW UP DOLL has a "Natasha" accent just as easily as he pretends Lana does - considering he's never heard her speak.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
Just now, AZChristian said:

LOL.

But there is a Lana.  He has been typing with her for years and, once, she was even on screen waving at him and reacting to what he typed!   Clearly some nefarious people have made copies of her photos and are using them to scam gullible men, but not him.  He is involved with the Real Lana.   It is kind of like Santa.   So many of them at the malls in December, but there is still one real Santa, right?

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
Just now, Baltimore Betty said:

I see him driving down the road in his motor home with a beautiful blonde in the passenger seat next to him... and it is one of those Real Dolls that looks just like Lana and they lived happily ever after.

With her mouth opened wide in a big round "O".  lol    

image.png.a4abb0b269b86dc7a20bf9d0657533e2.png

• LOL 5

I loved, LOVED that Rose had a list.  This man has dangled continual carrots, moved the goal posts, been incredibly insulting, and he has lied.  And yet, this women, who he sees as nothing more than sex and to be a savior for, told him about himself.  She has pride, and he has done nothing but try to beat that pride out of her with his words and behaviors  The look on Ed’s stupid face when she was reading him made me happy.  I don’t know if it is all bluster, but damn, if it didn’t feel good.

Ash & Avery – Man, I hate him.  The level of gaslighting and turnaround-ism was disgusting.  Oh, he knows the techniques alright b/c he’s a prime example of a man child who uses these toxic techniques.  I was kind of impressed with Avery b/c I feel many of the women on this show over the years would have caved to him and apologized.  It is really the bully method she is using:  1) Keep calm (but I could tell she was confused, hurt, and seething), 2) Ask for example and situations, and 3) Do not cave.   The funniest thing to me was that her criticisms were not super harsh.  What’s his problem?  Why is he such a sensitive little prick?  Is it part of the handsome bubble thing (TM 30 Rock)?  Does he usually just sweet talk his way into a bed when the conversation starts to veer into territory he isn’t ok with? Either way, ew.   He was kinda sexy at the beginning, but his bugged out eyes and ratchet personality have made him pretty gross. 

Also. Fuck Tom and his Canadian piece...no one cares about y'all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

really for me the most telling thing about him having a mental disorder was the talking about her in third person when she was sitting there. "She doesn't care. Why would I be with someone who doesn't care about me?"

I thought he was talking to the camera. He also called her "heartless" which didn't make any sense to me. He was totally irrational and out of control 

2 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

I disagree. Ed is a major germaphobe. He wanted to suss out someone that he'd know is safe/clean. If went on a sex vacation, he would not be guaranteed that.

but he did pack a bunch of condoms to "wrap his tool" 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

I thought he was talking to the camera. He also called her "heartless" which didn't make any sense to me. He was totally irrational and out of control 

And when he "upped the ante" and went from "You hurt me" to "You hurt people" - he has NO idea how to advise anyone on relationships or any other human interaction.

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Maybe Usman will be pals with Jay!  

Last I read, Jay was detained in the YORK County prison so he's in Lisa's 'hood. Hmmmm

• LOL 1
19 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I highly doubt Rose wants more children - at least with Ed. Shes probably been harping about kids to make herself seem more authentically into him, and is acting all disappointed that he doesnt want more kids. I see her doing the K1, coming to the US, then leaving him stat when her 2 years or whatever long it takes her to get the GC comes, 

I think what many immigrants fail to realize is that the first green card is merely a provisional one. It's not rock solid for another few years still.

15 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I'm not sure what Avery and Ash are arguing about. Ash feels that his job is to make his woman feel sexy and desired, take her out, and wax poetic about how amazing she is. That stuff doesn't help Avery feel secure, and she wants him to open up and confide in her and discuss the logistics about him moving to the US. They just aren't compatible. Also, I think Ash was cool with coming to the US when he thought he could continue his same mojo in the US as he does at home (maybe having a girlfriend, but also having lots of action on the side and feeling like it's okay because he says nice things to everyone), but Avery is not about to let him work with single women in the US-- let alone spend all day talking to them "one-on-one."

I wonder if he would have blown up to the degree he did, if he hadn't bombed the seminar. 

I cringed when he demanded to know if she felt he always takes care of her and makes her feel like a woman. How??? 

14 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

If someone in an equally matched relationship wrote to an advice column to ask what to do about their partner's atrocious breath, I imagine the columnist would suggest the person bring it up calmly but directly, and perhaps offer a solution, such as mouthwash. Ed shouldn't have done this on camera, but he had a right to mention it. Is he just supposed to deal with it because...? To intuit that a young woman has an ulcer, and know that ulcers cause halitosis? (I didn't know that until this show.)

The breath thing is really odd to me. If I knew a part of my body emitted a bad odor as a result of a chronic health issue, I think I would mention that prior to meeting. And yes, I think I would mention the chronic health condition.

Am I the only one?

I dated a guy w/ chronic bad breath and it was awful. Eventually, I figured out he was aware of the problem and very self conscious of it. But he never spoke of it...only mentioning occasionally that he always tried to keep gum and mints on hand, despite being allergic to mint. Why not just mention it after or before kissing. Yes, the other person will notice!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Why not just mention it after or before kissing. Yes, the other person will notice!

Well this is someone from another culture - we can't judge them by how Americans usually act.  Perhaps personal things like this (or an ulcer) aren't something you talk about with someone outside of the family.  Who knows.

Rose was mostly hurt because she was humiliated on National television over and over.  "You have hairy legs, shave".  "Your breath isn't pretty, learn how to brush your teeth and use mouth wash".  "Your sister wanted money from me - did you know about that?"  "I don't want kids so if you want to be with me, tough noogies.  Screw your dreams for the future".

If Rose should have mentioned her breath issues to Ed, certainly - KNOWING that she wanted a couple more children - he could have told her from the very beginning his stance on that and allowed her to find someone new and he could have fished around some more, as well.   

You reap what you sow.  Eat anchovies, Rose!!!

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Well this is someone from another culture - we can't judge them by how Americans usually act.  Perhaps personal things like this (or an ulcer) aren't something you talk about with someone outside of the family.  Who knows.

Rose was mostly hurt because she was humiliated on National television over and over.  "You have hairy legs, shave".  "Your breath isn't pretty, learn how to brush your teeth and use mouth wash".  "Your sister wanted money from me - did you know about that?"  "I don't want kids so if you want to be with me, tough noogies.  Screw your dreams for the future".

If Rose should have mentioned her breath issues to Ed, certainly - KNOWING that she wanted a couple more children - he could have told her from the very beginning his stance on that and allowed her to find someone new and he could have fished around some more, as well.   

Aren't kids a non-negotiable thing that comes up pretty early in a relationships? I flat out told my now husband that kids were off the table when we first started our romantic relationship, that there was not point in proceeding if he wanted children because it wasn't going to be with me.

Sorry but I HATE children and I would be a terrible parent. I'm sure your children are lovely but having a child is probably the worst thing that could happen to me.

• Love 15
(edited)
20 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I understand she said she's embarrassed but most of the other cast mates (at least from Season 2 forward)  suffered some embarrassment on the show. That's part of the show. She's OK w/ a hotel scene, morning after sex, the rat in her house...but she crumbles over hairy legs and being asked to take an STD test? 

The bad breath thing is embarrassing for sure. Couldn't she have avoided being put on blast like that by telling him about it first off camera? But it's bad form to mention an ulcer...but totally OK to drop it low and spread it wide the same day you meet a guy older than your dad?

I understand what you're saying. But some of this is a bit hard to accept. Big Egg is gross but there is only so much sympathy I can show for Rose.

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

It's hard with David, because he does randomly smirk, but maybe that's a serial killer smirk and not a "ha ha, I just got one over on you" smirk. 

This reminds me of our Season 2 sweetheart, Dinyell, whose affect was almost always inappropriate for the situation. She would smirk and grimace at the oddest times. I always wondered if she was really competent to sign contracts for marriage and TV without a guardian ad litem. 

7 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I wonder why Tom kept his finger over his image during the phone call to the “other” Darcy? I’ve noticed this before during these kinds of calls on this show.

Some people just don't like looking at ourselves themselves. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 4