Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Private Eyes

• Start Topic

Just now, Baltimore Betty said:

I actually envy you and having to work, I am furloughed and bored, seriously had to look at my phone to make sure of the day.

I feel fortunate to be getting paid although distance learning and sped do not exactly mix.  But we are all getting through and doing the best we can!  My older son works pt at a Goodwill and he receives an unemployment benefit plus an extra bump and he STILL would rather be working in the store!  We have been extended through mid May her in MN but I think it will go towards the end of June.  Just a hunch.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I feel fortunate to be getting paid although distance learning and sped do not exactly mix.  But we are all getting through and doing the best we can!  My older son works pt at a Goodwill and he receives an unemployment benefit plus an extra bump and he STILL would rather be working in the store!  We have been extended through mid May her in MN but I think it will go towards the end of June.  Just a hunch.

My call back date is June 1...we shall see.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I actually envy you and having to work, I am furloughed and bored, seriously had to look at my phone to make sure of the day.

Im working from home, and the days are starting to blend.  Last week i forgot it was Friday.  

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

They really went all out finding assholes for this season, didn't they?

Seriously.  There's usually at least one couple I'm rooting for, but not this bunch.

I wish continued health for you and your family.

• Love 24
34 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Every once in awhile I like to go back and watch our introduction to Tom because I like to remind myself that the pudgy, goofy, nerdy little guy overwhelmed by Darcey is the same asswipe who now thinks he's God's gift from the UK. 

Right?  But at least he improved himself.  (In appearance.  Certainly not in personality!)  Darcy blew herself up and did NOT improve.  

• Love 13
(edited)
On 4/29/2020 at 11:34 AM, Squee Bastard said:

Love your user name! Midnight Run is a great movie!

I'M MOSELY!  ps I'm doing the litmus configuration! 🙂 ❤️ 

On 4/28/2020 at 11:29 PM, Spike said:

Well at least this week they announced it’s an edited version of the first hour.  I hope they just cut one scene so the rest can be fast forwarded through rather than snipping random minutes.

I have roku also but for certain content you do have to sign in.    People typically post these on YouTube so you might find it there.

Thank you both , this worked!! 

On 4/28/2020 at 11:15 PM, kendi said:

I have TLC Go on my firestick and it's temperamental. I have to sign out, hit home then sign back in. I guess that's the equivalent of resetting it?

TY!!! 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 2

Remember when Blanche’s prison pen pal, Merrill showed up on the Golden Girls’ door after he got released on parole? David is officially creepier than Merrill. He’s a lunatic. His lack of affect while speaking and flowbee haircut/toupee/wig adds to the creep factor.

Speaking of lunatics, Geoffrey couldn’t wait to take off his shirt when Varya said they were to be naked. He loves showing off those inflamed nipple tattoos.

The rest is a boring blur. How many more episodes are left of this season? They should cut these seasons in half. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 15
(edited)
2 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Speaking of lunatics, Geoffrey couldn’t wait to take off his shirt when Varya said they were to be naked. He loves showing off those inflamed nipple tattoos.

He seemed to enjoy smacking Varya with the bushes in the sauna a little too much for my comfort level 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Originally in last week's thread:

Watched the half hour preview.

BabyGirl and Usman: Being American does not grant you any rights or special privileges or being able to lord over another human being. You willingly went in to an online and now not so online relationship with a dude who is from a very different culture and religion than you. Suck it up, sunshine. You want a spouse or life partner - choose someone who is not Muslim.  You are not going to like being under your husband's commands. This is what you signed up for. Neither you or he is going to change.

Erika and Steph: At least she got the mom a hostess gift. I would think Erika's parents already know Erika's secret.

Ed and Rose: Ed, I can't imagine that Rose would love you, much less like you. You barely know her and most of your trip has focused on your needs and wants. You are the best option for her to get out her life - at least right now. The fact that you do not want kids should have been clearly placed on to your dating profile. Not keep surprising her with things that you don't want. She should ask you exactly what you do want and then walk away from you. She is still young and can find a new target. I do feel badly for her sometimes but she can walk away from you. Both of you are using each other. Having a kid with you would probably let her stay in the US and find a more suitable partner.

Ash and Avery: Good for her for questioning him on his behaviour. His session was a disaster. He was unprepared and if he has done these times of seminars, he should be a pro. All he did was spout some relationship clichés, mixed them with some pop spirituality, maybe found some Twin Flames articles and mashed them all up for a mostly unbaked relationship advice casserole. His defensiveness was not a good look. I'd ask what his real job is.

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
On 4/30/2020 at 4:25 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I’m an essential worker at a pet food store.  We’ve been soooooo busy, everyone wants to start an aquarium or buy a small animal for their kids.  I’ll trade you, sooo many germs. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, kendi said:

I'm an essential worker - a civilian at the PD and everyday I am emotionally drained. The stress on people's faces, the disrespect to officers and orders...it's really quite sickening. I'm pretty much planted in my office all day but when I do have to interact with others, it's so somber. I've had some pretty shitty days when I just go home and cry. I'm very grateful that I'm working and have a steady paycheck and my family is healthy but the emotional toll is heavy. I hope you all have a support system or have found outlets to get that angst out. Watching trash TV is my outlet. My cousin is friends with Ed's friend Rich. She's met him before and all she would say is that he's very odd. I don't know what I'd do if I ever saw him in person.  I'm on the lookout for Ed, motoring by on a scooter with Teddy.

I cannot even begin to imagine.  I think I saw a picture the other day of some unmasked deranged looking guy right in an officers face. 

I won't get too far into the weeds but it's disappointing that people seem to be getting away with blatantly violating lawful orders. 

No constitutional right is absolute.   I cannot think of a single one. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
On 4/30/2020 at 7:41 PM, mamadrama said:

I'm a writer who's worked from home for the past 10 years. My 13 yo son has cancer and has been homeschooled since August.

My very, very best to your son!!!   

• Love 14
On 4/30/2020 at 8:41 PM, mamadrama said:

I'm a writer who's worked from home for the past 10 years. My 13 yo son has cancer and has been homeschooled since August. My husband teaches for a state university, but all his classes have been online since last summer.------ snip----

I had my husband watch this preview and he was disgusted by Ed and Dave. He said that if Dave truly is faking this storyline then his friends should all drop him for putting them through this. 

Hey @mamadrama - my bestie is a writer and artist at home as well. I use to tell him everyday how I was slightly jealous he was at home working while I had to go to the office (I work in auto/property insurance).  Now that I see the grass isn't as green on the other side, I miss the office.  Sending prayers and positive thoughts out to your son and family.  

I agree with your husband that this season they decided to have the worst human beings possible. I thought Geoffrey & Lisa were terrible ppl, but Ed comes out and says, "Hold my mayo".

On 4/30/2020 at 9:32 PM, Kyanight said:

Right?  But at least he improved himself.  (In appearance.  Certainly not in personality!)  Darcy blew herself up and did NOT improve.  

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Darcy needs rehab and Stacy needs to stop being her enabler.   In regards to Tom, he was always a famewhore. Remember how he use to steal other ppl's photos from IG and use them as his own? 

At this point the Steph/Erika episode is just painful to watch. I got 3rd party embarrassment.

Ed gaslighting Rose is the saddest thing to watch. Worse than Angela bullying Micheal and throwing cake at him.  At this point, just give Rose the damn greencard. She deserves it for even sleeping with the troll once.

Yolanda's storyline is another painful one just because it's so fake.

• LOL 2
  • Love 22
(edited)
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Having a kid with you would probably let her stay in the US and find a more suitable partner.

Which, in my opinion, is why she wants the kid.  So she can dump his ass as quickly as possible and stay in the US.   

She may want more kids anyway, but, for this situation to work, having a kid is imperative because she probably can  stomach him only so long.  And she know that.  

7 hours ago, kendi said:

I'm an essential worker - a civilian at the PD and everyday I am emotionally drained. The stress on people's faces, the disrespect to officers and orders...it's really quite sickening. I'm pretty much planted in my office all day but when I do have to interact with others, it's so somber. I've had some pretty shitty days when I just go home and cry. I'm very grateful that I'm working and have a steady paycheck and my family is healthy but the emotional toll is heavy. I hope you all have a support system or have found outlets to get that angst out. Watching trash TV is my outlet. My cousin is friends with Ed's friend Rich. She's met him before and all she would say is that he's very odd. I don't know what I'd do if I ever saw him in person.  I'm on the lookout for Ed, motoring by on a scooter with Teddy.

Hang in there!!  You should be proud of yourself and your department.

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
On 4/30/2020 at 7:41 PM, mamadrama said:

I'm a writer who's worked from home for the past 10 years. My 13 yo son has cancer and has been homeschooled since August. 

mamadrama, my best to your son too.  This must all be terrifying in spades to you, with your child already ill.  Hopefully you get some reprieve watching this trash!

The likable characters are thin on the ground this season IMO.  Usman, Varya, some of the family members.  Geoffrey should have never been given this platform; he lied to Varya about his criminal past and who knows what else he's leaving out.  I'm sure they're not putting his segments on Pillow Talk for good reason.

ETA: idle speculation only.

Edited by blubld43
  • Love 11

It's been two weeks now of fast-forwarding through Stephanie and Erika.  For some reason, their story just seems so fake and phony, more so than the others.  I love seeing more of Australia, having been there last summer, but the whining and whinging just isn't entertaining.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
On 4/30/2020 at 7:28 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

My call back date is June 1...we shall see.  

I'm hoping that everyone negatively affected by this pandemic will be able to go back out to work soon.

• Love 13
(edited)
48 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Her sending it back makes her look pathetic.  She should throw that garbage key in the trash.  Reaching out to Tom in any way makes it clear she still cares and wants to engage him. 

If it was something valuable, like a piece of jewelry, I could see returning it, but a "rickety ass" (or whatever she called it) KEY? It was as lame as his traveling to CT to hand deliver a letter to her. Both of them act like they're in Junior High. 

That reminds me, remember this ring that Tom gave her BEFORE she went to meet him in person that sparked rumors that they were engaged? Why doesn't she return that? 

image.png.c29a12a9701b2c54afa4c583ecf9ab4e.png

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Because discount malls are closed, and it's also hard to get a refund from one of those little kiosks out in the middle that sells tacky jewelry.

Or she's still looking for the Cracker Jacks box it came in.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Because discount malls are closed, and it's also hard to get refunds from those little kiosks out in the middle that sell tacky jewelry.

Or from Wish.com 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
On 4/29/2020 at 1:01 AM, Toaster Strudel said:

The truest love of this season is Mothra's pure love and loyalty for David.  Mothra really missed him!

Wait--what?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 17
17 hours ago, Kid said:

She may want more kids anyway, but, for this situation to work, having a kid is imperative because she probably can  stomach him only so long.  

He's probably the cause of her ulcer - she cannot even stomach him now.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 14
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Because discount malls are closed, and it's also hard to get refunds from those little kiosks out in the middle that sell tacky jewelry.

That ring literally looks like it has a stretchy band like what you'd find in the mall.  And I won't hate, I love some brightly colored $10 and under jewelry.  But I'd be a little offended if a man proposed to me with that.  Better to have no ring. 

ETA: how much would anyone bet that the cost for Darcy to make that dumb key back to England was more than the key itself?

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

If it was something valuable, like a piece of jewelry, I could see returning it, but a "rickety ass" (or whatever she called it) KEY? It was as lame as his traveling to CT to hand deliver a letter to her. Both of them act like they're in Junior High. 

That reminds me, remember this ring that Tom gave her BEFORE she went to meet him in person that sparked rumors that they were engaged? Why doesn't she return that? 

image.png.c29a12a9701b2c54afa4c583ecf9ab4e.png

These two have NO story line,thus the dragging out of the breakup.  I mean, how many scenes can we watch with them breaking up, then Tom calls someone to talk about it.

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Darcey and her two doomed relationships have been dragging things out for FOUR SEASONS, first two with Jesse and now two with Tom. In addition, Darcey and Stacey have been on Pillow Talk, will be on Quarantined, various specials, and both men have been featured on the Tell Alls.  Now Jesse is looking for love in America on a new season of one of the 90 Day franchises (at this point I can't keep them straight!) I've heard Tom is lobbying hard to be on another season, too, my guess is with his "new woman," Shannon? 

UGH! Just go away, ALL OF YOU! 

I don't watch the show, but I think Tom and Jesse need to be prospects on The Bachelorette.

• LOL 7
1 minute ago, kendi said:

I don't watch the show, but I think Tom and Jesse need to be prospects on The Bachelorette.

Where's a vomit emoticon when you need it?

Actually, having them on The Bachelorette would work for me.  I never watch that show.  And if they're on there, I wouldn't have to accidentally see them on any other shows I watch.

LOL.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Darcey and her two doomed relationships have been dragging things out for FOUR SEASONS, first two with Jesse and now two with Tom. In addition, Darcey and Stacey have been on Pillow Talk, will be on Quarantined, various specials, and both men have been featured on the Tell Alls.  Now Jesse is looking for love in America on a new season of one of the 90 Day franchises (at this point I can't keep them straight!) I've heard Tom is lobbying hard to be on another season, too, my guess is with his "new woman," Shannon? 

UGH! Just go away, ALL OF YOU! 

I agree!! I never need to see Darcy, Stacy, Tom or Jesse ever again!!!

• Love 15
9 hours ago, blubld43 said:

These two have NO story line,thus the dragging out of the breakup.  I mean, how many scenes can we watch with them breaking up, then Tom calls someone to talk about it.

Did they have a storyline off camera at all? She and Jesse did, they apparently traveled to several places together, but it seems like with Tom what we see is what they had.

3 hours ago, kendi said:

I'd love to see them eliminated after the first group date. They could use being knocked down a peg or two.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I'd love to see them eliminated after the first group date. They could use being knocked down a peg or two.

But they need to get to the family visit so we can see Tom's sister and Jesse's wack-a-doodle parents again!!!

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

But they need to get to the family visit so we can see Tom's sister and Jesse's wack-a-doodle parents again!!!

I like the way you think.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, kendi said:

I think they'd both prefer to be The Bachelor. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I can't believe I am actually looking forward to tonight. If it weren't for this show I wouldn't know what day it was. Right now the weekdays are: Quarantine Show Day, Two Days After, Some Day in the Middle, Getting Close Day, First Look Day, Almost Time Day, & Show Day. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
On 4/28/2020 at 9:26 PM, AussieBabe said:

Steph should’ve just stuck to whatever it is that she does. Trying to come out as bi like it’s some kitschy, free spirited thing to do is annoying. I don’t buy it. Body language and energy always reveal the truth. She’s not into Erica and probably never was. I doubt she’ll come out to her family. Erica seems to be a way to a come up.

This just might be the worst thing Ed has done. He knew before he bought the ticket, boarded the plane, and all the days/months leading up to that moment. That is so selfish and cruel to string somebody along like that. It’s one thing if you’re a different religion. This is a major difference where there is no meeting Halfway and respectfully agreeing. He probably would’ve told her about the vasectomy after he got it done and after they were engaged/married. She’s 23; not 50-something like him. He does realise she has a four or five year old, and he still needs to be raised, right? He seems to aim to get worse every week.

So let’s see how the Ed thing plays out. How serious is Rose about more kids vs going to the USA. If she figures out that he hasn’t done the snip snip yet, she can still get pregnant before he does. All it takes is a box of condoms and a needle. Sadly I know a couple of women who had “just one more” via that method. She could even be pregnant after the one or two times they’ve had sex. Or will Ed back off his stance and agree to more children? 

• Love 2