Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: Leneatha's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Leneatha represents only Leneatha. Do not extrapolate from her to others of her race, class, gender or any other category.

• Start Topic

Just now, umgoblue said:

Pregnant...not so unexpected when you do the do without protection.  Hmmm...

My wife told me that she woke me in the middle of the night when she tested positive for our second.  My response was "oh fuck not again".  I do not remember anything.

• LOL 15

My girlfriend and I today escaped from the house and went to Panera for lunch. The broccoli cheddar soup was hot and fresh and my ham and swiss sandwich tasted so good with it. What a treat!

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, aliya said:

I don't remember who it was, but there was one who used to do diabetes and nutrition presentations in the inner city until the program lost funding. She had a sense of humor about doing that - then going out to eat afterwards.

That was the one with the husband who was an amputee. 

• Love 2

I hope that since she gained the weight as an adult, that it will be easier for her to lose it, and keep it off.   I hope she makes a total success of this program, because her daughter really needs her, and I really like her.   It could be that Leneatha thought she couldn't get pregnant, and carry to term because of her weight, and health issues. 

I really want those cookies she keeps ordering.     Fortunately, even though there are a ton of drive thrus around me, I am never good at drive thru.   The few times I used one, the people in front of me had an issue, and it took forever.  

Was it Teretha that used to be with the diabetes, and nutrition education program?    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
Just now, mmecorday said:

My girlfriend and I today escaped from the house and went to Panera for lunch. The broccoli cheddar soup was hot and fresh and my ham and swiss sandwich tasted so good with it. What a treat!

Did you have to barricade the door from the zombie apocolyspe?

• LOL 4
Just now, FormeryHeavyJ said:

My wife told me that she woke me in the middle of the night when she tested positive for our second.  My response was "oh fuck not again".  I do not remember anything.

That's your story and you are sticking to it. Smart man.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Hey everyone! This was the best day I've had in a while. I found Bounty towels at Target and I got my job back! I return to the copy desk next week!

Yay!!!!👏👏👏

• Love 5

How does she drive a car with all that going on in the front and the back?  I like her and hope she succeeds.  The fact that she gets herself up and to work and home and takes care of her child is amazing.  She's saying all the right things, understands what going on.  Gosh I sure hope she makes it.  

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

My eating habit tonight was the best meal of the quarantine ----a gourmet spaghetti pie from the small neighborhood grocery a

What is a spaghetti pie?

• Love 2
Just now, Concerned said:

So she works at a hospital, what does she do?

Hospital cafeteria food is as bad as fast food chicken strips, fries, biscuits & gravy, burgers & they stick nasty bacon in everything -every day🤢

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Pregnant...not so unexpected when you do the do without protection.  Hmmm...

Never sure why it's such shock when you do the ONE th ing thAt makes babies.

• LOL 5

Seriously, can anyone tell me the kid's name because I cannot understand half of what she says. And I grew up in the south with people who spoke like they had marbles in their mouths.

Ohh Kenlyn, thank you. Guess Daddy's name was Ken maybe?

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I teased my mom because my brothers had bronzed baby shoes and I didn't, but the advantage of being the youngest is that my parents got worn down so I got away with more.

I'm only the second of two and my baby book was only half-filled out.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
Just now, Suzywriter said:

She is a nice, nice mom. Not the fake nice kind that says "I'm so sorry that I have to take away their childhood to wash my ass and bring me pizza..."

If she doesn't do something that's what will happen down the road.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

How does she drive a car with all that going on in the front and the back?  I like her and hope she succeeds.  The fact that she gets herself up and to work and home and takes care of her child is amazing.  She's saying all the right things, understands what going on.  Gosh I sure hope she makes it.  

"all that going on..."
<screeching!!>

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Oh I feel you on the baking disorder. I've taken to trying to perfect puff pastry...from scratch and dear god its good.

oh, wow!!! we used  the store ones for desserts and also with an oyster spread. 

16 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Hey everyone! This was the best day I've had in a while. I found Bounty towels at Target and I got my job back! I return to the copy desk next week!

YAYYYYY!  So happy to hear.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

When I'm back at work, I am not allowing any of the reporters to use the phrase "In these uncertain times." My God, I hear that a thousand times a day!

I applaud you. Could you also prohibit the use of "according to Merriam-Webster"? That makes me all stabby.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Hi, Everyone! My eating habit tonight is apparently preparation for being a poundticipant myself. Someone lock down my kitchen!

I'm sure you are not the only one! I just hope I don't end up fixing meals on my pee pad in bed.

• LOL 8
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Deep fried food is the devil. Drive thrus are the entrance to hell. 

Well, I'm already booked on one of the party buses heading down that way sooo... pass the french fries! Big Mac sauce on the side for dipping, please!

• LOL 7
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Well, I'm already booked on one of the party buses heading down that way sooo... pass the french fries! Big Mac sauce on the side for dipping, please!

Don't forget your gasoline soaked drawers!

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, MrsClaus said:

Since my dinner tonight is bad, I'm going to guess 666Lb

I like your logic.

I'm seeing your 666 and raising you 675.

And she's really really really ROUND. Such an odd shape compared to the other peeps.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1