Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: Leneatha's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Leneatha represents only Leneatha. Do not extrapolate from her to others of her race, class, gender or any other category.

• Start Topic

And she actually weighs herself at the hospital periodically!  So she might have a more realistic picture of where she is and how she is doing.  Hopefully we will be spared 'the scale must be wrong' pitch this time around.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I'm sure L'Oreal is selling root touch-up by the gross ton with all the hair salons shut down.

Hair dye is newest hoarding item!  Shelves are empty.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Hello Pounders!  My eating habits were Teriyaki Chicken and Beef with rice.  Side item was fresh vegetables.

I've been listening since the beginning and I'm sure that somebody must have gotten Bingo already!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I am rooting for her!  She works, she wears real clothes and real shoes, has a nice kid and friends and family...  let's hope she CAN turn it around. 

I mean, I'm evil and really have earned that ticket on the party bus to Hell because I'm here for trainwrecks, not success stories. Like, I'm happy for them when they do it but that's boring. I want maid of honour speeches from the front seat of the mini van while everyone parties inside, not two hours of people eating well and working out and actually getting their magical fix-everything surgery. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

Tonight’s winner of the guess the pounditicipant’s weight is <drum roll>. @Armchair Critic@Armchair Critic guessed Leneatha’s weight as 606. So close!  Way to go! Johnny, tell them what they’ve won!

You’ve won a four plate lunch, pink panties that could fit five average size people, a houseful of stuffed animals, an extra sturdy toilet, and one of the nicest family and friends teams we’ve ever seen in the Pounditicpant world.  And, as always, the respect of your fellow Pounders!

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

Dr. Now's hair looks a bit ruffled

Because we are on lock-down, his hairdresser is currently at home watching this with us!  Dr. Now is on his own and it is not a good look. 😆

• LOL 8
2 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Hair dye is newest hoarding item!  Shelves are empty.

First thing I thought of, before toilet paper!  Knew with all my online work I'd need it, so I bought 6 boxes!  First try not too bad, at least over a computer camera. 

Edited by LizzyB
Forgot a clause, and it made no sense without it.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Why do they keep cutting the Drive Thru Tour of America? 

You guys have so many interesting drive thrus that we don't have out here - I'm always fascinated by the offerings. 

Where are you?

• LOL 1
11 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I rarely eat fast food but I refuse to do drive thrus. If I'm gonna eat it, I'm gonna get my ass out of the car. (Of the big names, I'm partial to McDonald's but I haven't had it in over a year, now.)

For me, I think eating in the car is disgusting. It makes the car smell and it seems very unsanitary. I'd make a terrible poundpiciant

• Love 7
Just now, DC Gal in VA said:

Dr. Now just said that she had diabetes, high blood pressure and.......... once again, he mumbled the last health issue. What was it?

Sleep apnea

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

OK, who is the woman in the "Thank You" commercials with the long black hair and the bangs? She looks like Linda from "The Brady Bunch."

She's from a new show on TLC about a dysfunctional dramatic Italian family salon on long island NY.  She's an award winning nail artist.  And she had weight loss surgery apparently.  Show was on last year, unwatchable if you ask me, but to each his own. 

• Love 1

She has diabetes, hypertension, and sleep apnea.   

I love the Geico clogging commercial.    And on a tacky note, how is the Long Island Medium keeping her roots blonde?    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

I mean, I'm evil and really have earned that ticket on the party bus to Hell because I'm here for trainwrecks, not success stories. Like, I'm happy for them when they do it but that's boring. I want maid of honour speeches from the front seat of the mini van while everyone parties inside, not two hours of people eating well and working out and actually getting their magical fix-everything surgery. 

I love train wrecks too, but I like success stories just as much.  We haven't had much of either this season...  and she is too likeable so far to make a worthy train wreck, so I would rather hope she succeeds instead of being another mediocre episode.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Tonight’s winner of the guess the pounditicipant’s weight is <drum roll>. @Armchair Critic@Armchair Critic guessed Leneatha’s weight as 606. So close!  Way to go! Johnny, tell them what they’ve won!

You’ve won a four plate lunch, pink panties that could fit five average size people, a houseful of stuffed animals, an extra sturdy toilet, and one of the nicest family and friends teams we’ve ever seen in the Pounditicpant world.  And, as always, the respect of your fellow Pounders!

You like me, you really like me! 😂 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

Hi you all. Haven't been around for a while but I find myself strangely moved by this lady and her story. She seems to me to be fundamentally decent, and so does her family as well. I really hope she has success.  I'm going to be kind of heartbroken if she doesn't.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Dr. Now just said that she had diabetes, high blood pressure and.......... once again, he mumbled the last health issue. What was it?

Sleep apnea.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

For me, I think eating in the car is disgusting. It makes the car smell and it seems very unsanitary. I'd make a terrible poundpiciant

I used to love car snacking until this Coronavirus thing. Now the thought of eating after touching the car, the money, the steering wheel, the shifter...ugh! Even drinking coffee made and cupped at home while driving feels icky. Shoot, my favorite eating habit has been torpedoed. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Oh, I won't eat it in the car. Only drinks from a lidded container. I'll eat something like a granola bar but not potentially messy food. I'll bring it home and eat it off a plate.

• Love 2

Good god this show is boring. Not Leneatha but the SHOW. All it involves is people SITTING in different places. Sit on the toilet. Sit on the chair. Sit on the sofa. Sit in the car. Sit in Dr Now's office. Who wants to watch a show that involves 90% sitting?! 

5 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

She's from a new show on TLC about a dysfunctional dramatic Italian family salon on long island NY.  She's an award winning nail artist.  And she had weight loss surgery apparently.  Show was on last year, unwatchable if you ask me, but to each his own. 

I liked it. I didn't think I would but the sister's maybe-I-will-maybe-I-won't eloping drama was pretty entertaining. 

(The show is called Unpolished, just in case anyone was scraping the bottom of the barrel and needed something new. It's short but somewhat entertaining.)

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 1
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

Good god this show is boring. Not Leneatha but the SHOW. All it involves is people SITTING in different places. Sit on the toilet. Sit on the chair. Sit on the sofa. Sit in the car. Sit in Dr Now's office. Who wants to watch a show that involves 90% sitting?! 

What? Sitting is my life...since Covid that is. I was running steps in the house today because I"m so sick of sitting.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

That's the longest pep talk I remember from Dr. Now in a long while!

I was thinking he is droning on ad nauseam.  I wonder if it means something.  She will be successful?  He likes her?  Interesting...

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

Any show about 600+ pound people is going to involve a lot of sitting. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Oh the clucking of the chickens to the slaughter........Clarice........😉

She ate their livers, with a pound of Mac & cheese, 3 orders of fries, a couple of fried eggs, half a pan of cornbread, and a nice sodie 😋

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

While we are sitting !

WTF? 😄

• LOL 5
  • Love 1