Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: Leneatha's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Leneatha represents only Leneatha. Do not extrapolate from her to others of her race, class, gender or any other category.

• Start Topic

Just finished a fantastic sweaty workout.

8 ounces Moscato now for today's total calories of 1524.

---------------👀 😈 

(____________________I__________________) 👀

I don't think I've EVER seen panties that   W   I   D    E ! 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Oh I feel you on the baking disorder. I've taking to trying to perfect puff pastry...from scratch and dear god its good.

Oh, you're leagues ahead of me in baking prowess! I don't do anything fancy, just basic bread, cookies and cake. Which I then hoover up myself. (insert rueful laugh).

• Love 3
Just now, aliya said:

I may regret this later, but our obesee has a job and takes care of her baby. Props.

I don't know much about asthma - do  most kids w/it need oxygen before they leave the house?

That isn't oxygen it's most likely a nebulizer with albuterol- which is something that opens up airways for asthmatics.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

For the first time in a long time, "I'd eat some of daddy's cakes and drink some of the daddy's Cokes," isn't the start of some fucked up tale of sexual abuse. 

...what show am I watching again?

• LOL 9
  • Love 7

Well hellooooooooo Pounder Pals! Got my bottle of sauvignon blanc chillin all day in the fridge 'cause, as recent episodes required, I'll probably need it for tonight. I plan to drink just a bit of it like the lady that I am just like this:

859841604_th(8).jpeg.a07463402aeac77d38581874c3b8c363.jpeg

Oh yeah, I am so klassy!😁

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Wait, she has a JOB? Is this a first? 

More poundticipants have had jobs than not or were married to a partner with a job.  The show does not focus on them.  

I have never been so happy that someone is wearing underwear.  That was one heckuva opening shot of her getting out of bed,

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

My people! Hope everyone is well. My eating habit just gets stranger and stranger. Tonight it was lima beans and roasted beets. And now it’s time for a nice cold 🍺

I wish one of them would say, “and when I hit 400 lbs at age 15, it was pretty much a cinch my life would end up like this.” 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, StitchPunk said:

I'm pretty sure there was some who worked at a theater as a costume designer or something. 

Oh, that's right. I remember the costume girl. She was a success, wasn't she? I remember liking her. 

I know a lot of poundticipants start out having jobs, then have to quit because it interferes with their eating. "I got to heavy so I had to quit"  

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Wasn't a woman pounder a dietician or a nutritionist? Or did I dream that?

I don't remember who it was, but there was one who used to do diabetes and nutrition presentations in the inner city until the program lost funding. She had a sense of humor about doing that - then going out to eat afterwards.

• Love 7
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, that's right. I remember the costume girl. She was a success, wasn't she? Was that Amber? 

That was the one who was walking on the treadmill with the floor length skirt.  I'll never know how she didn't take a header into the control panel.

• LOL 7
Just now, aliya said:

I don't remember who it was, but there was one who used to do diabetes and nutrition presentations in the inner city until the program lost funding. She had a sense of humor about doing that - then going out to eat afterwards.

Yes, that's her. How ironic.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

She's the last of nine or ten kids.    The last kid has no pictures.   

I teased my mom because my brothers had bronzed baby shoes and I didn't, but the advantage of being the youngest is that my parents got worn down so I got away with more.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

She gets around really well.  It is nice to have a poundticipant who works, too.  I missed what she said, but did she say she has been at her job for 23 years?

Yes, she started it at 18, so it must be 22-23 years...

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, aliya said:

I don't know much about asthma - do  most kids w/it need oxygen before they leave the house?

I don't think so; it must not be well controlled at all.

My eating habit tonight was the best meal of the quarantine ----a gourmet spaghetti pie from the small neighborhood grocery and wine store, fresh asparagus, raw carrots, salad, wine, and coconut cake.  It was so delish.  Thanks to my neighbors who bring us groceries. 

I can only read along.   A storm Sunday night dropped a tree limb on our poor dish so we will be awaiting the repair dude in the morning.  Fingers crossed he isn't a carrier of COVID germs.

• Love 2