Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: Leneatha's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Leneatha represents only Leneatha. Do not extrapolate from her to others of her race, class, gender or any other category.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

What is a spaghetti pie?

I think it is a fancy name for a spaghetti casserole, --ground sirloin, peppers, onions, spices, spaghetti sauce with spaghetti pasta.  I have had it before; it is so good.  And there are leftovers for another meal.  Yummy

• Love 1

I like Leneatha. But she's got to clean up her house. 

ETA: Oh, wait. It's just a mess of stuffed toys. Everything else looks pretty good!

17 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

You are not going to fall into that toilet, Sweetie.

That's what I thought too, but I think she meant falling onto it as she was afraid she would break it. Smack me for smiling at first, tho.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Deep fried food is the devil. Drive thrus are the entrance to hell. 

I rarely eat fast food but I refuse to do drive thrus. If I'm gonna eat it, I'm gonna get my ass out of the car. (Of the big names, I'm partial to McDonald's but I haven't had it in over a year, now.)

• Love 1
1 minute ago, chickenella said:

Hi pouders! My eating habit is about to be some Cadbury chocolate eggs, 50% off Easter candy!

Now, this woman has a bra and a job, hopefully we'll see a success story tonight!

Is it the candy coated eggs in the purple bag???  Please tell me it's not those foil wrapped hollow eggs with the sugary filling.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

I'm also a little under 60, mixed, and beige with rust colored freckles. Dark, even-toned skin seemed like a good thing to me. Or light, even toned skin. Or glowing white, even toned skin.  Or not freckles! 😉

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1547245665725.jpg_1547245684681.jpeg

I guess everyone hates their freckles. I don't have them, but I always think they look cute. 

• Love 8

I like how they are now just cutting to the chase and telling us they are going to Dr. Now, instead of "my found this doctor in Houston who may be able to help me."  I've never heard of him or watched the show (so I am not sure why these cameramen are in my face, but I hope he will see me...ya know, last chance and all!  😂

Edited by umgoblue
Because not is not now.
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5

Some places have great cafeterias, it's a way to attract quality personnel, and some are open around the clock for the hospital personnel, and visitors.  

I like her sister, she's so sensible, and I really like her.    

I was surprised how far the drive is.     My sense of distances, and direction sucks.    

Month 1- 604

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I'm also a little under 60, mixed, and beige with rust colored freckles. Dark, even-toned skin seemed like a good thing to me. Or light, even toned skin. Or glowing white, even toned skin.  Or not freckles! 😉

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1547245665725.jpg_1547245684681.jpeg

I am covered in freckles. I think my spots are pretty. Used to be enough they would sometimes connect so Id be freckle colored with lighter spots but not so much now I dont go outside. I dont use any sort of makeup though because of the freckles.

Edited by Splashes
  • Love 6

Oh this doesn't bode well, she can barely get into the back seat. How many stops will be made before we get out of the driveway?

Oh my is that allowed? No fast food stops.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 2

Good evening live Pounders. Just arrived from walking the dog. My eating habit tonight is TBD. Maybe leftover fried chicken and mac n cheese. 

Two year old daughter. How was that even possible? I’m envisioning the jaws of life for the c section. 

Much respect - she’s working still. That gives me hope that she’s a success candidate. Come on Leneatha! You can do it. 

is this a hospital? Nursing home? 

HEY she is having my chicken and mac. But three plates of it. I’m craving the comfort foods in lockdown. 

Edited by Scratches19
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Isn't this the second episode in a row where they've cheated us from witnessing the "fast food stop at mile-marker 10?"

I am rooting for her!  She works, she wears real clothes and real shoes, has a nice kid and friends and family...  let's hope she CAN turn it around.  I think there is a real difference for those who were obese even as children vs. those who gained as adults, her metabolism shouldn't be quite as badly messed up...  

• Love 7
Just now, OoogleEyes said:

Wow. Wait. What show am I watching? No fast food stops? No stops at a motel? No terrible pain? No ow my laig?

I think there might be a good bit of drama later so they cut out that stuff? Or at least I hope. Though they spent s long time on the opening.

• Love 3
Just now, mmecorday said:

I'm sure L'Oreal is selling root touch-up by the gross ton with all the hair salons shut down.

Sure helps to have a daughter who is a beautician so I can get my buzzcuts every 3 weeks.  I hate long hair.  I always say shorter hair makes me run faster.  Makes me more aerodynamic.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
Just now, Chicklet said:

Well we know from the opening that she's going to argue with Dr. Now about how she "doesn't eat". That's on the bingo card yes?

Yes

But any poundpiciant who argues that "the mattress makes me look fat" or "I can wash my own vagina now" wins automatically 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Scratches19 said:

Good evening live Pounders. Just arrived from walking the dog. My eating habit tonight is TBD. Maybe leftover fried chicken and mac n cheese. 

Ooh, that reminds me, I have a block of cheddar and pasta; I want to see if I can make mac and cheese from scratch.

• Love 1

OK, who is the woman in the "Thank You" commercials with the long black hair and the bangs? She looks like Linda from Sea-AT-tul on "The Brady Bunch."

Edited by mmecorday
  • Love 1