Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Should've Known Better

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

If I went out with a guy and made some offhand comment about us meeting up again I'd be super weirded out if he just showed up in my city and started going to my favorite places to try to find me.  That goes double if he spent eight hours driving to my city.  And that goes triple if I had ghosted the guy. 

Yet for years that sort of behavior was presented as adorable and devoted in romcoms.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Something else I remembered from last night: Usman was talking about convincing his mother to let him marry Lisa and said "This is my best chance to get to America" or somesuch. Nothing about his chance to be with his love or have kids or whatever else. He's doing this to come here, period.

I noticed he said that, too. I firmly believe that Usman cooked up this whole scheme to get to America and become famous then he put out "feelers" to several woman he chatted with online and Lisa took the bait. He flattered her, professed undying love and then he clinched the deal by inserting her name into the song. Meanwhile, Lisa got the idea to submit their "star crossed love story" to 90 Day knowing that the more ridiculous the circumstances, the better their chance of getting on the show. Lisa gets a trip to Nigeria and sex with a young guy. Usman gets to promote his rap career. They're both playing each other and the viewers. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Usman's mom is adorable and I love her. I like how she just broke it down without a beat. Lisa's too old. She knows Lisa won't be able to birth a baby, and she wants Usman to have a family. I'm actually wondering if Usman would become a servant in the US. I feel like Lisa would definitely put him to work doing something.

I hope Usman doesn't think he's going to be a breakout star in the U.S. That's like expecting to join a professional sports team. He'll end up under Lisa's thumb for a long time and, if he escapes, what does he plan to do? 

Listen to your mother. 

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Something else I remembered from last night: Usman was talking about convincing his mother to let him marry Lisa and said "This is my best chance to get to America" or somesuch. Nothing about his chance to be with his love or have kids or whatever else. He's doing this to come here, period.

I noticed that too.  I think even when he was talking to his brother he was very America focused.  And I thought he was speaking in English so that means, by all rights, Lisa should also have realized or should be starting to realize that Usman has like no interest in her as a person.  But she is so insufferable that I think she knows already that she is nothing more than a green card to him. 

Which means, I suspect, that if she ever got him to the US, she would hold off on applying for the adjustment of status that would allow him to start working.  Just the way Ashley did.  

20 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yet for years that sort of behavior was presented as adorable and devoted in romcoms.

LOL, I know right?  But, if David wants to follow the 80s rom com manual, he should watch mannequin and mannequin 2, where a man falls in love with a plastic doll who comes to life.  

IJS....all paths lead to silicone dolls. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I hope Usman doesn't think he's going to be a breakout star in the U.S. That's like expecting to join a professional sports team. He'll end up under Lisa's thumb for a long time and, if he escapes, what does he plan to do? 

Listen to your mother. 

Based on what we've seen of Usman's musical talent, he'd have a hard time getting out of third-rate dive nightclubs in the US. And he'd have to come up with a new gimmick, as Soulja Boy's lawyers would no doubt come after him with a vengeance.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, Spike said:

I had the impression Erika had sex with Adam but now she claims they just kissed.  She was using the term hooking up which apparently means different things to different people.  Even “talking to someone” can now mean sex lol.

For a long time, I honestly thought that Netflix and chill meant you hung out with someone and watched "grace and Frankie" or "orange is the new black" over a bowl of popcorn.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

He could be the guy who, if David had showed up alone without a camera crew, says he's Lana's brother and Lana is in trouble and you need to come with me right away. As soon as he gets in the car, David gets a bag over his head and a gun to his ribcage. Then it's off to an apartment where they begin ripping David's fingernails out until he gives over all his account numbers. After that, it's just a question of dumping his body where it won't be found.

But not before harvesting those sweet, sweet American organs. 

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 2
14 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I noticed he said that, too. I firmly believe that Usman cooked up this whole scheme to get to America and become famous then he put out "feelers" to several woman he chatted with online and Lisa took the bait. He flattered her, professed undying love and then he clinched the deal by inserting her name into the song. Meanwhile, Lisa got the idea to submit their "star crossed love story" to 90 Day knowing that the more ridiculous the circumstances, the better their chance of getting on the show. Lisa gets a trip to Nigeria and sex with a young guy. Usman gets to promote his rap career. They're both playing each other and the viewers. 

If he was with Lisa because he was truly in love with her, I'd be really worried about him.

Lisa isn't a dummy.  She knows he doesn't love her.  She doesn't care about that.  She just wants hot sex with someone she couldn't get in the states.   

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

My only guess, is that for Russians an even number of flowers is given at funerals. 

It was explained in one of these threads that giving someone an even number of flowers in Russia/Ukraine is considered bad luck.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, RealReality said:

For a long time, I honestly thought that Netflix and chill meant you hung out with someone and watched "grace and Frankie" or "orange is the new black" over a bowl of popcorn.  

I initially thought it meant smoking up while watching.  Its actual meaning is kind of the opposite of its literal meaning. 

• LOL 3

I just finished watching the episode and haven't read the posts yet, but OMG, so much trainwreck.

But before I get to that, I was very disappointed that there were zero scenes with Rose and Yabba-Dabba-Don't.

Because they are my biggest reasons to watch. Same for CountryBoy, whom I've sucked into this show hahahahahaha.

Baby Girl Lisa and Usman - Mommy hates your guts and isn't off base wondering if Lisa is going to take her baby boy to the states as a servant (slave). At minimum, he'll be a sex slave (which, gag). 

Varya/Geoffrey - Varya, make like Forrest and run, girl, run!  Varya's mom had his number from jump.

aftmjc03nyt41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I cannot believe that tool watched the expressions of her mother and brother and had the audacity to ask "everything okay now?" Wait a minute, of course I can.

Yolanda - Way to lie your ass off about sending "Williams" naked pics. I feel so sorry for her family. I mean, just look at her poor daughter.

y0nhzdtsivt41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

A simple Google image search could have cleared this shit up a long time ago. That's the very first thing I did when I saw the season premiere. Then again, Yolanda is being deliberately obtuse.

Speaking of, David, WTAF are you doing? He is coming off as unhinged or the simplest of simpletons. The lady at the cafe was the saving grace.

fk3i7i2lcvt41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

And I just had a thought re her comments of "I see this a lot." Maybe SHE is Lana...

giphy.gif

Or maybe this cardboard cutout is (why they blurred the face is weird):

7339fpqsqxt41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Stephanie/Erika - they are strictly FF material. The first same-sex "couple" and this has been a total bust. And I can't stomach the gaslighting of Erika.

Ash/Avery - see my note to Varya. When he said "I'm not single now," that told her everything she needed to and for once, he couldn't slick-talk his way out of it. If it was just her, I'd say do whatever, but she's got children so she needs to not fuck up their lives in pursuit of her "soulmate."

I feel like I'm missing someone...oh wait, Darcy and Stacy. The only thing more painful than seeing Darcy's life preserver lips is watching her and her twin try to cry. Although if Darcy was able to produce tears, I have a feeling Stacy would lap them up. Somewhere she's cheering that her sister has been dumped yet again. It was also laughable that Darcy gave the excuse of not wanting her kids to see her emotional as to why she booked a room. First, you were hoping for some British booty. Second, when HAVEN'T they seen her emotional?

Off to read the snark...

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
7 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

The first same-sex "couple" and this has been a total bust.

There will be a male same sex couple on the next season of The Other Way.  Huge age difference makes it icky though.  American pushing 60 and Mexican around 30.

7 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

When he said "I'm single now," that told her everything she needed

Although it was honest.  None of these people who have never met are in relationships.  They are talking to someone online.  

Edited by Spike
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Let's say Usman married ET's mother and moved to America. Can you imagine the reaction he would receive from any music industry (local, regional, national) with BGL tagging along, interjecting her business acumen. I still cannot get her Rest In Peace photo from his video out of my head.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Based on what we've seen of Usman's musical talent, he'd have a hard time getting out of third-rate dive nightclubs karaoke bars in the US. And he'd have to come up with a new gimmick, as Soulja Boy's lawyers would no doubt come after him with a vengeance.

Fixed it for ya!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I feel like I'm missing someone...oh wait, Darcy and Stacy. The only thing more painful than seeing Darcy's life preserver lips is watching her and her twin try to cry. Although if Darcy was able to produce tears, I have a feeling Stacy would lap them up. Somewhere she's cheering that her sister has been dumped yet again. It was also laughable that Darcy gave the excuse of not wanting her kids to see her emotional as to why she booked a room. First, you were hoping for some British booty. Second, when HAVEN'T they seen her emotional?

Off to read the snark...

There is some weird shit going on with their sibling rivalry.  Likewise, I think if Stacy's fiance broken up with her, Darcy would be very happy.

I'll never understand why anyone would rather have lips that are so plump, they take up 1/2 your face.  I know there are some men that like the blow up doll look, but how is this ever a thing? Angelina's lips are her own and beautiful. Your trying to have those lips does not make you rival Angelina.  

Also, can they not afford botox?  Looks like they now have reduced their plastic surgery budget to lip injections and a little cheek filler.

• Love 4
On 4/13/2020 at 7:35 AM, sasha206 said:

We have dirt poor people in America that live in dilapidated mobile homes.  They also have cell phones.  You don't have to be rich to have a cell phone.  It just may mean you prioritize a phone and internet over other things.

Some cell phones are free in California and they function with the latest apps.

• Love 1
On 4/18/2020 at 12:40 PM, RealReality said:

He is just hoping to ambush her and guilt her into a relationship.  That's creepy stalker.  

That, and then go bowling.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

David's unmitigated glee over "Lana's" two-sentence chat message -- which focused entirely on him getting her an American visa -- would've made me sad, if I hadn't been laughing so hard.

And is Yolanda an 11-year-old girl? "Um, Mom, I don't think he's a real person..." "But I LOVE him!" Since when does the latter cancel out the former?

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

He also keeps telling his mom that Lisa loves him, nothing about his feelings.  Lying to Lisa/the camera is a very different thing from flat out lying to your mom (I'm taking the "doctor" thing as lazy translation instead of a lie).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Spike said:

I had the impression Erika had sex with Adam but now she claims they just kissed.

Stephanie accused her of "being intimate" with all her friends I also thought she meant sex. I couldn't believe Stephanie grilling Adam about his feelings for Erika within five minutes of meeting him. I think Erika and her friends of both sexes are party-ers and often drink, make out (at the very least) and wake up in bed together. It's just their lifestyle and in their small town they don't have a lot of other people to expand their circle of friends. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Spike said:

I had the impression Erika had sex with Adam but now she claims they just kissed.  She was using the term hooking up which apparently means different things to different people.  Even “talking to someone” can now mean sex lol.

Oh Erika and Adam have definitely rubbed bathing suit areas, but they're both consenting adults and neither appears to have any romantic feelings towards the other, so it doesn't matter.  I fully understand that it would be weird if all the people you hung out with had spent naked time with your partner, but since Stephanie hasn't once said anything about her moving to Oz, she can shut up several times.

• Love 14

SJB: Mommy, this old white lady is the fastest way for me to live in Merica.

She will pay the almost 16 million Naira needed for me to get a Husband visa.

Mommy: What about children? She is too old to produce you an heir.

SJB: I will impregnate a Nigerian woman in America  or here when I come to visit you.

Mommy: I am good with that plan.

SJB: Thank you, Mommy.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, Spike said:

There will be a male same sex couple on the next season of The Other Way.  Huge age difference makes it icky though.  American pushing 60 and Mexican around 30.

I was shocked that the American was that old.  For once on this show he looks younger, and good, for the age he is.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

If he was with Lisa because he was truly in love with her, I'd be really worried about him.

Lisa isn't a dummy.  She knows he doesn't love her.  She doesn't care about that.  She just wants hot sex with someone she couldn't get in the states.   

I think Lisa is a dummy. I think she really believes that he loves her. BGL thinks that he never had sex without a condom until her... she's quite gullible. 

Edited by jackjill89
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

I think Lisa is a dummy. I think she really believes that he loves her. BGL thinks that he never had sex without a condom until her... she's quite gullible. 

She also believes that other people care about her opinion on any given subject . . . like production and direction of a video, whether it matters if the mother in a matriarchal society will permit a marriage, etc., etc., etc.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Spike said:

That's one of the reasons why the author of YOU (turned into Netflix series) wrote the story she did. She wanted to take a bunch of so-called "cute" elements found in romcoms and show how creepy they really are.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 9
27 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

She also believes that other people care about her opinion on any given subject . . . like production and direction of a video, whether it matters if the mother in a matriarchal society will permit a marriage, etc., etc., etc.

Matriarchal except where mom gets to be in the mosque.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

You want the truth Stephanie? You can’t handle the truth! Adam was banging Erika like screen door in a hurricane. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Stephanie you've admitted that sometimes, peen is on the menu....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

I don't see her as gullible, I see her as arrogant.  Of course he didn't lie to her, because she's wonderful.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I just finished watching the episode and haven't read the posts yet, but OMG, so much trainwreck.

But before I get to that, I was very disappointed that there were zero scenes with Rose and Yabba-Dabba-Don't.

Because they are my biggest reasons to watch. Same for CountryBoy, whom I've sucked into this show hahahahahaha.

Baby Girl Lisa and Usman - Mommy hates your guts and isn't off base wondering if Lisa is going to take her baby boy to the states as a servant (slave). At minimum, he'll be a sex slave (which, gag). 

Varya/Geoffrey - Varya, make like Forrest and run, girl, run!  Varya's mom had his number from jump.

aftmjc03nyt41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I cannot believe that tool watched the expressions of her mother and brother and had the audacity to ask "everything okay now?" Wait a minute, of course I can.

Yolanda - Way to lie your ass off about sending "Williams" naked pics. I feel so sorry for her family. I mean, just look at her poor daughter.

y0nhzdtsivt41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

A simple Google image search could have cleared this shit up a long time ago. That's the very first thing I did when I saw the season premiere. Then again, Yolanda is being deliberately obtuse.

Speaking of, David, WTAF are you doing? He is coming off as unhinged or the simplest of simpletons. The lady at the cafe was the saving grace.

fk3i7i2lcvt41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

And I just had a thought re her comments of "I see this a lot." Maybe SHE is Lana...

giphy.gif

Or maybe this cardboard cutout is (why they blurred the face is weird):

7339fpqsqxt41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Stephanie/Erika - they are strictly FF material. The first same-sex "couple" and this has been a total bust. And I can't stomach the gaslighting of Erika.

Ash/Avery - see my note to Varya. When he said "I'm not single now," that told her everything she needed to and for once, he couldn't slick-talk his way out of it. If it was just her, I'd say do whatever, but she's got children so she needs to not fuck up their lives in pursuit of her "soulmate."

Off to read the snark...

And, here comes the mean Brit yet again professing love for Darcy.  Yeah .. right.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

I'm old, what is it exactly?  This is how I always pictured it too.

I'm guessing it's more a euphemism for hooking up?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

It is!  I'm old too, I was ready for a golden girls marathon!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, mamadrama said:

That's one of the reasons why the author of YOU (turned into Netflix series) wrote the story she did. 

Just added to my list on Netflix.  Thanks for suggesting something to watch during . . . you know.

• Love 2

Well let's see now.

Erika and Stephanie:  These two remind me of an episode of Hot Girl's Turned On. There is a segment where this cam girl has a "relationship" of sorts with the guy who watches her cam. He's in Australia. She's American and married. He knows she's married yet he thinks of her as his girlfriend. So he buys her a ticket to Australia and is disappointed she is not her cam girl persona. And she won't sleep with him. Same with Stephanie. She kept up her whole youtube persona with Erika, she never told her that she wasn't that' open sexual gal. Plus I still don't buy the fact that Steph says she bisexual.

David: Sharp is a big bitch for not showing us what is behind door #8. I really would like to know what the real deal is and what is Sharp editing and what is actually true. Otherwise, David is a fool for being filmed by Sharp and edited the way Sharp has.

Yolanda: She's just so fake. I cannot believe she sold this story to Sharp and they bought it. 

Avery and Ash: Don't care.

Geoffery and Varya: I love Mama Varya. She's should toss Geoffery out on his ear.

Usman and Lisa: Lisa, you are so stupid. Usman only wants you for the green card. What I don't understand is Lisa isn't rich and she's isn't from NYC or LA.  How does Usman think that he will get famous in York, PA? I mean, he has to stay with Lisa until the green card comes in and that can take a few years. I can see Lisa being crazy and chasing him down like Danielle did with Mohammed.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

It's the modern, "Come up and see my etchings".  It's basically an invitation for some casual intimacy, up to and including, sex.  Slightly classier than a straight up booty call.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

And "the economy is better" or something like that. Yep, not for everyone though.

• Love 2