Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Should've Known Better

• Start Topic

Lisa & Usman plead their case to get married; Stephanie meets Erika's friends; Avery questions Ash's professional relationships; David prepares to meet Lana; Yolanda updates Karra on Williams; Geoffrey opens up to Varya's mom, and Darcey gets focused.

Airs April 19, 2020.

Early premiere is up.

Lol the server.  She scored some more roses for the restaurant.   And I believe I saw another similar vase on the counter.   And she just shook her head at him being stood up.  “It happens a lot”.   

David and Yolanda both need conservators if they (and they do) have the slightest doubt that they are being played.  

Did Lisa even take a bite of rice?   And poor Usman’s brother being cornered into promising to talk to mom on their behalf.  And that new head covering....made her look like a granny.  

Edited by DEL901
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19

LOL...David!  What a sad sack loser.  I'd imagine that eatery is near the factory where the online "dating" gets done.  There's likely a constant stream of losers getting stood up there.  He sat there for an hour...and then STARTED to get concerned!  So he sat for another hour (or more) just to be sure.  haha...

Yolanda's daughter  "You gave him your address???"

Yolanda "Well I'm still in love with him."  That pathetic look on her face that says "what can I possibly do??  I'm in love!  There's no room for rational thought or logic when you're in love! All you can do is trust that it's love and keep doing love stuff!" 

I'm pretty much fast-forwarding through all the other couples at this point.  Even BGL isn't very interesting.  I just like the dummies that are getting cat-fished...

haha omg Stacy is working hard to keep from breaking out into a huge grin listening to Darcy at the end there!  😂

Edited by Zevious Zoquis
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20

Yolanda and David really belong together, don’t they???  

At least, she has not gone to England four times and she did not give “Williams” money when he asked for it for the ticket.

• Love 20

Those earrings Yolanda was rocking when she met with her daughter were the biggest I have ever seen.  Maybe they are not a lightweight material and may explain her poor brain functioning.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Kid said:

At least, she has not gone to England four times and she did not give “Williams” money when he asked for it for the ticket.

Didn't Williams want money to buy his daughter a computer, too?  Or am I thinking of someone else?

• Love 1

Stacey and the army jacket.  Getting edgy at the House of Eleven.

Does Lana get some sadistic glee from standing him up?  Just say you’re unavailable to meet If you want to keep stringing him along. Either that or ghost him.

5 minutes ago, Kid said:

She thinks because she lost (some) weight she is hot stuff so I doubt she would be interested in the Sad Sack. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
Just now, steff13 said:

Did David buy 9 roses?!  Who buys 9 roses?  

I think it had secret meaning between the two of them.  Like:  instead of this being the 4th or 5th time David has been to Russia to meet Lana, it was the 9th time.  He's just too embarrassed to admit it's been that many times that he was duped.

• LOL 17
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Didn't Williams want money to buy his daughter a computer, too?  Or am I thinking of someone else?

I don’t remember that but it does not mean it did not happen.  I just remembered that she was going to go to England because he asked her for money for the ticket to come here.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Kid said:

I don’t remember that but it does not mean it did not happen.  I just remembered that she was going to go to England because he asked her for money for the ticket to come here.

I don’t remember him mentioning kids.

• Love 4

3 hours ago, steff13 said:

I had to google it, but apparently, it's customary to give a Russian/Ukrainian woman an odd number of flowers.

David knew that. He can't say "please" or "toal-yet" and doesn't realize that a woman who has been avoiding him for 7 years won't meet him, but he's got the flower buying customs down pat. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

The real winner of the night is the server at David's restaurant. I need her on Pillow Talk. 

I loved it when she took the roses and said that something like that was typical, but why waste the roses.  Loved her.

It's not that David and Yolanda are stupid, they just don't want to grow old and it's sad.  I think both of them feel that if they had young, attractive SO's they would feel better about themselves.  And that why I don't believe Yolanda really loves Williams and David certainly doesn't love Lana.  But any one of us could be in David and Yolanda's shoes given the right set of circumstances. 

I thought it was interesting last episode what Usman said about how white people in America treat black people badly.  I think a few years ago there was some warning in the Caribbean telling black people, especially men, not to go to the USA because of all the police shootings of young, black men. 

Run Usman, run!

Edited by Neurochick
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

The problem with Stephanie is that she went to Australia with too many suitcases, and I don't mean the ones carrying her clothes and meds.  She's got too much baggage from past relationships to be able to enjoy the present.  Stephanie keeps thinking, "this happened to me in the past, that happened to me in the past."  She can't even enjoy Erika, or their time together.  She's exhausting.

• Love 17
16 minutes ago, Leilani said:

Stephanie is a 'bisexual' who doesn't want to have sex lol

I was going to suggest that she is asexual - where she loves people regardless of gender but isn't interested in sex, but I don't believe that's true.  She's so jealous and insecure.  I think she just has tons of baggage and I doubt she's going to change.  Lots and lots of people experience heartache and disappointment with the opposite sex/romantic interest,  but most are able to shake themselves off and move on. Steph has arrested development.  Probably some boy in middle school or high school did her wrong and now everyone she's interested in romantically is going to do the same thing in her eyes.  She barely gives them a chance.  She certainly hasn't given Erika a chance.

I'm just being judgmental because I'm tired and should go to bed instead of reading these boards.  It's best just to ignore me.   lol

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

It’s unfair to punish your current significant other for things past ones did.

Jinx.  How come you can say the same thing I did at the exact same time... except you used one sentence and I had to use paragraphs?  Life is unfair sometimes.  My fingers have the gift of gab.

• LOL 16
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I was going to suggest that she is asexual - where she loves people regardless of gender but isn't interested in sex, but I don't believe that's true.  She's so jealous and insecure.  I think she just has tons of baggage and I doubt she's going to change.  Lots and lots of people experience heartache and disappointment with the opposite sex/romantic interest,  but most are able to shake themselves off and move on. Steph has arrested development.  Probably some boy in middle school or high school did her wrong and now everyone she's interested in romantically is going to do the same thing in her eyes.  She barely gives them a chance.  She certainly hasn't given Erika a chance.

I'm just being judgmental because I'm tired and should go to bed instead of reading these boards.  It's best just to ignore me.   lol

Jinx.  How come you can say the same thing I did at the exact same time... except you used one sentence and I had to use paragraphs?  Life is unfair sometimes.  My fingers have the gift of gab.

Maybe I can get a job writing fortune cookies.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I loved it when she took the roses and said that something like that was typical, but why waste the roses.  Loved her.

It's not that David and Yolanda are stupid, they just don't want to grow old and it's sad.  I think both of them feel that if they had young, attractive SO's they would feel better about themselves.  And that why I don't believe Yolanda really loves Williams and David certainly doesn't love Lana.  But any one of us could be in David and Yolanda's shoes given the right set of circumstances. 

I thought it was interesting last episode what Usman said about how white people in America treat black people badly.  I think a few years ago there was some warning in the Caribbean telling black people, especially men, not to go to the USA because of all the police shootings of young, black men. 

Run Usman, run!

I would definitely agree with the Yolanda/David assessment if we didn't already have outside info on them over in the "couples" boards.As such, I think they're both catfishing US. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, gavinmac said:

I had to google it, but apparently, it's customary to give a Russian/Ukrainian woman an odd number of flowers.

I'm guessing this is all part of the scam down the the flowers and restaurant. I'm guessing this "dating website" was happy to arrange flowers and a restaurant reservation and all involved were getting a cut.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

When David was getting ready to meet Lana at the train station he made a big deal about shaving to look his best. But when he tried to track her down in her hometown, and waited for her in the cafe, he was all stubbly. 

196857FF-E56B-4319-9E83-76C498B5430F.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, steff13 said:

The same type of person who buys a cubic zirconia engagement ring.  David is cheap.

3 hours ago, Gobi said:

She's bicelibate.

or asexual, or only wants fantasy sex, not the real thing.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, mamadrama said:

The real winner of the night is the server at David's restaurant. I need her on Pillow Talk. 

I think the winner is polo shirts, since David apparently sleeps in them too.  And what's up with 9 roses?  The $100k you already spent doesn't stretch an extra 3 roses?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

I think the winner is polo shirts, since David apparently sleeps in them too.  And what's up with 9 roses?  The $100k you already spent doesn't stretch an extra 3 roses?

I found this interesting info online:

"Almost every Russian believes that presenting an even number of flowers might inflict woes and even death upon the person to whom the present was given. This superstition follows us from the early days and until the great age. One might be a total realist, can sneer at those who avoid black cats and argue with foam at the mouth that all the supernatural phenomena can be explained by science — but still, choosing a bouquet, this person will most probably buy an odd number of flowers, and upon receipt of an «unhappy» number in the bunch, the same person will more than likely put one flower to another vase, so as the number in both vases were odd.

"The superstition that an even number of flowers inflicts woes goes back centuries. According to one of the theories, pagan Slavics believed that even numbers represented the completion of the life cycle, that is, death. Hence the existing up to now proverb “Беда не приходит одна” (“Trouble does not come alone”). When somebody died, their relatives put an even number of flowers onto his/her grave. Odd numbers, on the contrary, symbolized life and were considered to be talismans against evil spirits."

So David knows enough to buy an odd number of flowers, but after SEVEN years of Lana's being his "girlfriend" - and multiple trips to Russia - doesn't even know how to say "thank you" in her local language? 

• Useful 5
  • Love 10

Taking a tip from Darcy and primping in the cafe's restroom. Change out of the sweaty shirt, brush the luscious locks and douse himself with cologne. And not a polo shirt but a shirt with buttons!

20200414_091738.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, John M said:

I'm guessing this is all part of the scam down the the flowers and restaurant. I'm guessing this "dating website" was happy to arrange flowers and a restaurant reservation and all involved were getting a cut.

And "Lana" was one of the solo dining persons, watching David--maybe involved with the dating website. Had to see with his/her own eyes one of their platinum members. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, kendi said:

And "Lana" was one of the solo dining persons, watching David--maybe involved with the dating website. Had to see with his/her own eyes one of their platinum members. 

There was a dude to the right sitting by himself that was kind of eyeing David.  I thought maybe he was curious because of the cameras, but now I'm convinced he is Lana! 😄

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, magemaud said:

Lisa refers to Usman’s mother as “Mommy”? 

12331191-5DFC-40AF-80B2-079AF712D83A.jpeg

ET?

2 hours ago, gavinmac said:

David's got a nice head of hair though. Like a 60 year old Sean Cassidy.

I see your Shawn (the teen magazine spelling) Cassidy and raise you... John Davidson....

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

There was a dude to the right sitting by himself that was kind of eyeing David.  I thought maybe he was curious because of the cameras, but now I'm convinced he is Lana! 😄

I think "Lana" was whomever was on shift.

• Love 15

I would die laughing if Lana was the server in the restaurant.  Seems to me that she likes the beautiful flower collection.  

No words to say how I loved Mama Usman's purple robe of "Hell to the No."  

Edited by Fable
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10