Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Should've Known Better

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I can't stand either of them, they are going to be on before the 90 days or happily ever after?

The Other Way.  June 1.  I don’t like most of the cast members but it sure is fun to hate watch!

Deavan and Jihoon are back as well.

• Love 5

The waitress takes the flowers to the back door so the vendor can sell it to another "David" meeting "Lana" in the cafe....

The second best option is for "Lana" to stand him up again...then their relationship continues..David can tolerate Fantasyland with his perfect woman firmly living only in his mind...but finding out she doesn't exist for him to meet is bursting his bubble.....the loss of 100K becomes real...right now it is still an investment in his and "Lana's" RV future.

YoLa hollering "But I'm in Love" means she doesn't want reality to infringe on the relationship she's been having with the disembodied voice for 7 months...willing to bet she has sent money along with the va jay jay pictures....

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Apparently there's a movement to get Joel McHale to host the Tell Alls.  That would be nice.  The only thing I have against Shaun is that she never asks any legit questions, or pushes people on their answers.

I have a dream that this season someone asks Yolanda if Williams sounded more like Tom or Usman on the phone.

• LOL 6
  • Love 12
30 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

Apparently there's a movement to get Joel McHale to host the Tell Alls.  That would be nice.  The only thing I have against Shaun is that she never asks any legit questions, or pushes people on their answers.

I have a dream that this season someone asks Yolanda if Williams sounded more like Tom or Usman on the phone.

I don’t think that Shaun, or any other host, has or would have any choice in questions or follow up.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 4/17/2020 at 8:23 PM, mamadrama said:

He did when he was chatting with her in his hotel room. That's how she knew to meet for lunch. 

Oh yeah! I forgot about that. 🥴

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

I didn’t think his questions were all that penetrating in the Tiger King postshow.  

Edited by Spike
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Spike said:

I didn’t think his questions were all that penetrating in the Tiger King postshow.  

I haven't seen it because I'm saving Tiger King for later into isolation, but I like him in general.  But I do agree that the questions are producer driven and not the prerogative of the host, but Joel would probably give us a tone of voice change or an eye roll.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

I don’t think that Shaun, or any other host, has or would have any choice in questions or follow up.

I think this.  I don't understand why, but they treat these people with kid gloves.  I'm not sure if it's because they don't want them blurting out secrets on TV, but this isn't filmed live. 

I'd condition their money on full participation in the tell-all. 

Half of these people are unemployable in the normal world, so what do they have to lose?  

But either way, Shaun is an easy target for the frustration everyone feels, but I don't think she has any say in those questions.  

Sharp is clearly scraping the bottom of the barrel for these people.  The advantage of that should be the ability to financially pressure them into participation. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I can't. I can't. I really hope this whole David/Boris "Lana" situation is a set up by TLC and they've rented out the apartment and hired some big burly dude to stand there with his arms crossed to show off his Russian prison tats and he goes all "There is no Lana, only Zuul." Because otherwise, I gotta wonder how many Ukrainian mail order brides David has stacked like cord wood in his basement deep freeze. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 11

Avery and Ash are boring. She needs to trust her intuition, he's not to be trusted. Go home and take care of your children, Avery. Enjoy your vacation and the *best you ever had* while you're there. 

• Love 18

The waitress at the café in Russia said that it’s common for men to come in with roses and leave alone and dejected.  I have a feeling it’s stupid guys like David and Cesar. 

Yolanda’s children should hide her computer and phone.  If her storyline isn’t fake, then she shouldn’t be left unsupervised.

I don't think there is anything Lisa can say or do that will make Mama Usman change her mind. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 17

This freakin' show....

So, it probably wasn't ideal that i was already 3/4 of the way into a bottle of wine before i even started watching.

Ed an RM: I didn't even realize they were not a part of this episode until they were shown on the preview for next week.

Lisa and Usman: Usman's Mom knows what's up. Cheers to her for still not giving in.

Varya and Geoff: It seemed life a whole lot of fakery going on. Varya's mom could hardly keep a straight face while delivering her lines.

Steff and Erika: blah blah blah, who cares.

Ave and Ash: Ash is smarmy, that is all.

Darce and Stace: I was just trying to figure out which twin had the most legit crying face after all the botox.

Yolanda: Really?

David and Lana: First of all, lady at the restaurant was the highlight of the show.  Kudos to her for keeping the roses and her commentary on all the lonely men being stood up by their Ukrainian girlfriends.  But they got me with the cliffhanger of him actually ringing the bell at Lana's "apartment". I think next week the person who answers will totally be all, "Lana who? Never heard of her...

Now i must take some ibuprofen to prevent a hangover tomorrow...

Edited by juicyfruit
Forgot to comment on Yolanda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

We have a new contender for Creep of the Season!  What the hell was that, David??  Lana left you no other alternative than to stalk her?  What's it gonna take to get the message?  I've known guys like this and this attitude NEVER turns out ok.

• Love 13
49 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

The waitress at the café in Russia said that it’s common for men to come in with roses and leave alone and dejected.  I have a feeling it’s stupid guys like David and Cesar. 

There is no reason not to believe that "Lana" has been chatting to 100 different men just this past year all over the world (at what - $9.99 per minute?)  So you figure that perhaps a third of those came out to meet her, and that's 33 men there JUST FOR LANA!!  Then you might have a dude pretending to be Natasha who also talks to hundreds of men and some of THOSE guys come to that cafe and so on and so forth.... whole lotta champagne and flowers getting left on those few tables!!  (There are a LOT of gullible people in this world!  😞  )

• Love 7
Just now, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Yolanda asked Weeyums if he's Nijuryan but he hasn't responded. So how will we ever know the truth??? This is agonizing. 

Right?    Wonder if he still thinks he is going to get some $$ out of poor delirious Yolanda!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

“I am a bit of a prude when it comes to certain physical things;” said the woman who bares her breasts on the internet for money.  In order to be “uncomfortable”, one must care.   Stephanie will grab onto anything that she can use as an excuse to push Erika away.   

Meeting Erika's friends for the first time in a party setting should have been so easy, especially with alcohol involved. You'd think it would be relaxing; it looked very calm and friendly. And here comes Stephanie, being all in your face to Adam, asking all kinds of personal questions with an aggressive tone. Nice first impression and only solidifying what Erika was telling her friends about Stephanie. Then she calls her mommy (who didn't want her to take this trip) to whine and complain about Erika being involved with her friends? Did she inadvertently come out to her mom? She needs to leave Erika alone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
5 hours ago, Gobi said:

That's what Shaun has indicated on the twitter when she responded to my cries for a new host.  lol

But at the very least - we deserve a host who has ACTUALLY WATCHED THE SHOW.  (She admitted she doesn't.). Can't ask a good follow-up if you have no idea what actually happened.  

Re: THIS epi... what a glorious hot mess. 
BGL/E.T. needs to learn to read the room. 
I got up to get clothes from the dryer when Ash/Avery came on because I forgot they were part of the show. LOL they're just THAT uninteresting.
Steph needs to Groupon a 2-for-1 therapy deal with Darcey and they can both get off my television. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, kendi said:

Meeting Erika's friends for the first time in a party setting should have been so easy, especially with alcohol involved. You'd think it would be relaxing; it looked very calm and friendly

No kidding.  It looked like a lot of fun - and like Stephanie even admitted - everyone was very nice to her.  You could tell Stephanie had a stick up her butt from the very beginning.  Like she said, it "wasn't her scene" - which is ok, different strokes for different folks.  But you could see that she was going to be uptight and irritable.  *I even cracked up when Erika burped, and the camera showed Stephanie all stone faced.  I think that Stephanie made up her mind before she ever arrived at the party that she wasn't going to have a good time.  She was a woman with a "motive" and she was on a mission, and having fun wasn't part of her agenda.  Do EVERYONE a favor Stephanie and for crying out loud just GO HOME!!

• Love 23
12 minutes ago, kendi said:

Meeting Erika's friends for the first time in a party setting should have been so easy, especially with alcohol involved. You'd think it would be relaxing; it looked very calm and friendly. And here comes Stephanie, being all in your face to Adam, asking all kinds of personal questions with an aggressive tone. Nice first impression and only solidifying what Erika was telling her friends about Stephanie. Then she calls her mommy (who didn't want her to take this trip) to whine and complain about Erika being involved with her friends? Did she inadvertently come out to her mom? She needs to leave Erika alone.

It was a friend not her mom she called.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, kendi said:

Oh but Stephanie has a DISEASE.  

• LOL 16
  • Love 2

In reality, production would be putting David and their own crew in an incredible amount of danger having him chase this mystery woman to her apartment in a war zone. The Ukrainian mafia is a big deal and behind a lot of the various money making scams. When Rough Guides used to send us there we had a long list of dos and don'ts, as well as a lengthy list of red flags. I had an accidental run in with the mafia in a cafe I didn't know they owned and it still gives me shivers. No way would Sharp put their own crew in danger. David? Eh. So my guess is that this is all a setup by production. They know who's behind that door. Either production went there first, as they do on Catfish, or David's behind the whole thing and it's all a ruse for him, and maybe Lana, to be on TV.

Edited by mamadrama
  • Useful 6
  • Love 7

Currently watching the early look for Dragnificent.

Ash and Avery: Girl, he is a supposed relationship coach. His texts should be on a business line and not his personal phone. And it should not be texts unless necessary. There is the old fashioned email. He should be telling you when he is off the clock. And if he is a 'coach' to hook up with a lot of women and makes money off doing so. Wonder what his success rate is for helping his clients. The Great Barrier Reef was beautiful - seems part of his show. All fluff, not much else. He also evades most hard questions.

David and Lana: Well, that is so far a waste of a trip. David should be contacting the management of that chat company. Will anyone even pretending to be Lana ever show up. He should maybe cut his loss. Finding her at home can be a romantic gesture or very creepy. Granted, being stood up a lot and spending a fortune travelling to the Ukraine is not cool. If she wanted to see him, she would have found a way to do so. The mystery green door will probably be another herring. Maybe it is all a setup, who knows. Not hugely invested in David.

Stephanie and Erika: What a waste of time. It is hard to meet your significant other's friends, especially for the first time. It is uncomfortable. The atmosphere did seem friend. Stephanie continues to manipulate by using her illness, her being uncomfortable. Seems to be trying very hard to get Erika to dump her and be a victim. Things aren't really working, you don't seem to connect in any way. Go home Steph. Maybe it is not the right time to be with such a delightful girl as Erika. She seems like fun as a friend.

BGV and Usman: ET phone home. Calling Usman's mother Mommy is creepy. Learn about the Muslim religion before you go to Nigeria. No, it's unlikely you will get Mommy's blessing unless Usman makes a deal with her. Would you want your 15 year old daughter to marry a 52 year old man? Baby Girl, you are abrasive, rude, domineering, controlling, unsatisfied with anything. Being a wife of a slebrity is not easy. Except for Usman getting a Green Card and moving to the US if he can, what is in it for both of you. Beauty is skin deep, but please get some moisturizer, some BB cream or some sort of foundation, and a little lip gloss. You look like you are well on your way to turn your sour grape personality in to being a raisin.

Darcey and Tom: The Silva gals need to stop with the fillers and plastic surgery procedures. Darcey, you can make those booties look sexy, but they come across as cheap. And Loubie booties are well over $1000.  Both you and Tom like to be on TV. Maybe just 'be' for a while. Enjoy life on your own, have some great experiences.

Yolanda and Williams: Is this woman really that stupid? Is this all some bizarre act? You do an image reverse search from any online dude you meet. You Google him to ensure that he does work for X company, that he does not have a criminal record, etc. His accent was British? You have never seen any British shows? Never heard the Queen speak? If you send private pictures, you ensure that if you have any tattoos or birthmarks or anything, that those are never photographed. Did someone take nudes of you? You stood in the bathroom mirror and took nude selfies? If someone does ask for money, you go to your police station. There is a cyber crimes department who looks in to these schemes. Williams is not some minor player - he is just a cog in a very large network that makes millions.

Geoffrey and Varya: I have no idea if any of their story is actually real or if it is just some con for the viewers. Geoffrey, you present your entire criminal background and not leave out a few things. Varya can look you up online and once the paperwork is filed for the fiancé visa, your full record may come out. Don't know if Varya and her family knows and they are just playing along for a storyline and dragging this out. Her brother has every reason to not trust the American. People get vibes/instincts about others and something is not right.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Both Darce and Stace ugly crying!
If you have “twins cry”on your bingo card then cover that square....

That was the best editing cry scene in this series. My sister and I were rolling 🤣

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, nb360 said:

I love how Varya's dog starts growling right after Geoffrey says he has something to tell the family. A dog can sense evil!

My husband (bless him for watching with me) said this very same thing! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 4/13/2020 at 1:36 PM, Kyanight said:

They play that oh-so-sad music while David sits there alone, sipping his champagne.  I try to feel sorry for him, but I just can't. 

I can never feel sorry for a man who willingly gives an unknown woman's BOSS's site $100,000. There are more sad-sack cases in his country of residence that he could have given that money to, AND received a tax write-off.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 4/18/2020 at 6:59 PM, charmed1 said:

Usman’s brother, Muhammad is handsome. Looks like Dominique Wilkins in his prime. 

The whole family has good skin. It's such a contrast to Lisa's skin. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 4/14/2020 at 12:49 PM, gavinmac said:

David's got a nice head of hair though. Like a 60 year old Sean Cassidy.

I am shocked it's real. I thought it was a wig/hairpiece from the get go, but judging by everyone's reaction, I assume it is real?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, nb360 said:

The whole family has good skin. It's such a contrast to Lisa's skin. 

Lisa may not take care of her skin. I am a couple years older than Lisa and except for my 11 wrinkle on my forehead and a light wrinkle here and there, my skin is not bad. Of course, I use serum and moisturizer, etc. And no bad habits.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Seems to be trying very hard to get Erika to dump her and be a victim. Things aren't really working, you don't seem to connect in any way. 

Calling Usman's mother Mommy is creepy. Learn about the Muslim religion before you go to Nigeria. 

Stephanie needs to apologize to Erika for leading her on by pretending to be a lesbian as well as for behaving one way online, and as a complete prude (who doesn't want any touching/proximity) in person. Erika - move on as you can do so much better, and Stephanie has now made a not-very-nice name for herself that you don't want to be any part of.  And as for Lisa - EWWWW! Look in the mirror woman - Quit calling someone who has better skin than you, "Mommy". I am at the point where I am wondering if Lisa has no self-awareness, or is she just playing it up, so she can be the 90 Day Fiancé villain for this season?

Edited by Chalby
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

We have a new contender for Creep of the Season!  What the hell was that, David??  Lana left you no other alternative than to stalk her?  What's it gonna take to get the message?  I've known guys like this and this attitude NEVER turns out ok.

Men and women who are THIS persistent about a fantasy date scare the heck out of me... I hope he doesn't run into her (or whoever is playing her) because his behaviour is unpredictable.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I said it with the Cesar/Maria situation and I think the same thing with this David/Boris "Lana" situation: these women are doing the (insert your deity of choice here)'s work in keeping these freaks out of the dating pool. David, especially, seems like he's one rejection and knife purchase away from a two hour 20/20 murder mystery special. If it wasn't for these Ukrainian ladies scamming these American men who think they deserve a barely legal supermodel who speaks very broken English, they could be in your bar during single's night - and then rooting through your garbage and sniffing those Dr. Scholl shoe inserts that you tossed out last night. Gellin' like a felon indeed. 

Bless you, "Lana". Keep up the good work. I hope you're negotiating for more pay for every "Mmm" you have to read in that 2001 MSN Messenger-esque chat window. 

I am dead at this entire post 💀💀💀

• Love 9