Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 3/9/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

On 3/10/2020 at 2:19 AM, falltime said:

@whydoiwatchtv the clips they show of Meghun and Hasselbeck in the commercial are from when Hasselbeck was a guest not that long ago.

She was on around a year ago, when she was pushing her memoir. At the same time, the book 'The Ladies Who Punch' was being released, and Rosie admitted to having a crush on EH. I remember they asked her about this on the show, and she professed her offense by this (like she said, if this was a man saying this about a woman he used to work with, the #MeToo movement would be all over it). She opted to pray for Rosie. 

Edited by ThePurpleArcher
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Elisabeth looks like shit. Are those wicker paper plate holders hanging from her ears? Is that the Great AmeriCain t-shirt she is wearing under a blazer?

It was some type of Nashville, TN shirt.

I do remember the Bity self designed McCain shirt! Didn't she get called out for wearing it on the show?

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Apparently, like biopic, Megabitch has never heard Coachella spoken. She pronounced it Co-a-chella on yesterday's show. The hell?

I could not get over how long her question( statement) was to Cory yesterday. I was screaming for her to get to the point.  She likes hearing her own voice.  I don’t think I’m up to Bitsy.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Since Elizabeth is here, who would you rather have at the table.

Meghan or Elizabeth.

And you have to pick one of them. No cheating.

I didn't even have to watch the show to tell you I'd take MM any day over Bitsy. And, I dont watch the show because of MM. 

They could have Hillary, Warren, Pelosi, Michelle and the ghost of Shirley Chisholm on, and I wouldn't watch if Hasselbeck were on. 

No, I didn't watch today.

• LOL 5
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Of course Meghan likes the show more without an audience. 🙄

"I'm a news person." Oh...really? Well, that's something I didn't know!

Only five minutes in an Bitsy is already peppering her conversation with lots of "God" and "praying" and she's defending Trump which of course, doesn't surprise. She's as annoying as ever and I don't know if I can even watch the entire show. I'll decide when I finish walking the dog.

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
18 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

She designed the lettering on the Mcain shirt?   Or she had it made and said she made it?

She designed it, wore it on the show and BW didn't like it.

https://www.newsmax.com/jameshirsen/barbara-walters/2008/10/28/id/326297/

Well, here’s the thing,” Hasselbeck said on the show. “I actually designed the shirt. I actually sketched it out on a piece of paper and sent it to the campaign, something that came from my heart and my creativity.

"There’s nothing negative about the shirt. It just says ‘Great American Hero,’ whether you’re voting for him or not, that’s what he is. I’m not making any money on it.”

• Useful 1
56 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

I hate to comment on looks, but she hasn’t aged well. Her forehead was so distracting and she just looked older than her 42 years.  

Sun damage or maybe just being a shrill, religious fanatic shrew will do that to you. So who was it that pretty much handed the whole show over to her?! Moderator Extrordinaire and don't you dare forget, EGOT winner Whoopi? Or did she just steamroll in and that was it?

BIBLE BARBIE?!!!! LOVE THAT!!!! 

And asking me to pick between Mags and Bible Barbie is like asking me to choose between Hitler and Attila the Hun!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, OnTime said:

She designed it, wore it on the show and BW didn't like it.

https://www.newsmax.com/jameshirsen/barbara-walters/2008/10/28/id/326297/

Well, here’s the thing,” Hasselbeck said on the show. “I actually designed the shirt. I actually sketched it out on a piece of paper and sent it to the campaign, something that came from my heart and my creativity.

"There’s nothing negative about the shirt. It just says ‘Great American Hero,’ whether you’re voting for him or not, that’s what he is. I’m not making any money on it.”

Thanks I brought up the possibility of her wearing it when it was announced she was coming on but don’t remember he defending it . We were upset and BW was pissed I recall that.  
Why why why despite reading here did I think I could take a look and listen to the twit?  Oh my gosh I’m nauseous with her defending the leadership on the virus. The look on a Joys face. Bitsy was talking in circles and a mile a minute.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, OnTime said:

To be accurate, that would be "Great AmeriCAIN Hero", per the shirt.

BITSY, BE GONE!  She's just as obnoxious as ever.

• Love 9

I live in Washington, the so called “epicenter of the pandemic in the US” and  the governor came on 15 minutes into the show and that was it.  Glad I had all your comments to read through.  I did get to see Joy’s beautiful eye roll 🙄.  And Bitz can just go back to wherever she has been.  Is she the reincarnation of TammyFaye without all the mascara?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan or Elizabeth.

I never thought I’d say this...ever!  But I’d choose MM.  the blind following of trump (much worse than MM who actually will disagree at times) plus all of the god stuff is waaaayyyy too much for me.  Luckily I dvr the show so I can ff through her crap..like her praise for how he’s ha doing the virus situation.  Really???

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

And therein lies my problem with Bitsy.   She cloaks herself in the flag while standing on a bible as she defends a president who has no respect for either one.   If I had to choose, I suppose I'd rather have Meggs screeching about bourbon, guns and cacti, though I'd be screaming right back at her.   I hate that she can't hear me like I hear her. 

Totally agree with you.  She's totally blinded by the Trump side of things and I can't imagine a scenario where she would disagree with him over anything.  As much as I don't like MM, she isn't totally blindly following the present republican line.  And when you add in Bitsy's religious overtones on pretty much everything, that seals the deal for me to go with team MM.  Also today was almost the Elizabeth's View show--why did she get so much air time--with her monologue at the start on how great the Pres is handling things to her showcase of that project to her being the startup with Katherine Pratt's interview.  It was like it was her show--what's up with that?

off topic a bit but is anyone else having trouble staying signed in today?  It keeps signing me out and then saying there's a problem.  It's been really weird--has done that several times this a.m.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Her haggard forehead is like that because she has spent so many years furrowing it whilst worrying about "all of the children!"   

And being dumbfounded by any family that isn"t exactly like hers and wondering "Where are the parents?"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan or Elizabeth.

I refuse to pick.  We know there are good, smart repubs out there so why be stuck with these two hosers?  If I HAVE to choose, I choose The Talk.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

So did Whoopi announce at the end that everyone was going home with a copy of Bitsy's book?

Keep up, Whoopi. You didn't have an audience for a giveaway there.

Joy challenging Bitsy on exactly what has Trump done to address the coronavirus crisis is why I want her there. Ditto RBG

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

[Video segment of today's show].

Bitsy: I'm not gonna let Coronavirus rule me and let it be an idol.

Just. Wow. Evidently the tape in her head is playing You shall not make for yourself an idol of any kind; Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves molten gods; They served idols, although the Lord had told them you shall not do this thing; They enraged him with their high places and provoked his jealousy with their idols.

She confabulates logic and common sense with idolatry! So much not a critical thinker, and always cops a self-righteous attitude when that is directly or indirectly pointed out to her. 

As much as it pains me, if absolutely forced to do so I would have to choose Meghan over her. 

Sunny: My kids' school closed, and so they're home. My mom is in her 70s and so she's part of the at-risk group so I think we're all ..

Joy: They say only if you have been compromised or are at risk, so ...

Sunny: She has asthma so we are being very careful at home, extra careful, because she lives with us. I think everyone should be extra careful because if you, yourself, are not at risk I'm sure that there's someone you live with or work with or can come into contact with that is at risk. You have to take care of your fellow neighbor.* (The sly and cunning portion of Bitsy's brain realizes that Sunny has made a compassionate and logical point so to counter that she blathers about panic, Purell and prayer). 

*This is being a good citizen. This is one of the reasons why you get your children vaccinated, so that they don't pass measles or chicken pox to pregnant women. (Which often results in blindness, deafness and/or mental retardation).

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2020/03/11/watch-elisabeth-hasselbeck-squares-off-with-the-view-panelists-over-coronavirus

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

So did Whoopi announce at the end that everyone was going home with a copy of Bitsy's book?

I noticed that, too! LOL "Everyone's getting a copy of...." I think even Whoopi realized her mistake, but it was too late to backtrack at that point. 

Everyone at the table got a free copy, I guess... And I think Sunny's the only one of them that will actually read it. Joy wouldn't waste her time, Whoopi's too lazy, and McCain will pretend to have read it and tweet a picture of it sitting on her nightstand beside the Constitution and Dolly Parton but never actually read it.

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Something was off with Bitsy and she is not as happy as she claims to be. I also got the impression that Megan was not impressed with her.  

I would pick Messy over Bitsy.  Messy is alot of things but she is not a religious nut. People like Bitsy make me uncomfortable.  

Bitsy's staunch defense of the man who once called her the dumbest person on television was stunning af. 

Elizabeth makes me nauseous - I turned the show off after a few hot topic segments where she rapid-fire screechspoke, giving me an instant headache.  

I agree with you that she seems to be putting on a happy face and maybe all is not lovey-dovey in the Hasselback household.  She's got three teens/tweens that I'm sure are not the sweet, loving children they may have been before the teen years kick in.

I also think that Elizabeth, as well as some of the other ladies were really unsure of what to do without a studio audience.  They all seemed to make a comment, and then paused, waiting for audience approval/laughter or applause that didn't come.  It was awkward as hell.

At least Meghan was happy, but I wonder who she's going to side-eye and say "sorry, not sorry" to! 

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Elisabeth looks like shit. Are those wicker paper plate holders hanging from her ears? Is that the Great AmeriCain t-shirt she is wearing under a blazer? Her forehead is more wrinkled than Gordon Ramseys.       I know, I know-but IDGAF-I do not like her, Sam I am..She is ragged.

She has that very 'drawn' look many runners have (I work with a woman who runs miles every morning - has that same drawn face). Plus her hair was too bright blond - she needs to darken it a bit, as she doesn't have the right skin tone. And her make-up wasn't good.

Speaking of looks - why did Sunny choose to wear a roll of wall-paper on the show ? She looked awful - even Meghan looked better than her. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I noticed that, too! LOL "Everyone's getting a copy of...." I think even Whoopi realized her mistake, but it was too late to backtrack at that point. 

Since they don't have a sitting audience, will that mean there's no more Garage Sales (aka 'View Your Deal') since no one can cheer every piece of crap ? 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Hasselblech was even worse than I remembered!!!

That voice the word salad and Sunny's expression had me rolling.  She was gobsmacked at the crap coming out of her mouth.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Something was off with Bitsy and she is not as happy as she claims to be. I

I got that distinct impression as well.  For all her "love, faith, peace" talk, she seemed hardened, or something like that.  I wonder if she misses being a full-time celebrity.

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson might've been fortunate they're in Australia.  Celebrity or not, a test might not've been available for them here.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 12
(edited)

Whoopi is so annoying with this - the numbers a low blah blah blah. It has been mentioned numerous time that testing kits aren't really/readily available. I know Joy and Sunny mentioned it today.

Edited by falltime
added sunny
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, AdeleDazeem said:

They could have Hillary, Warren, Pelosi, Michelle and the ghost of Shirley Chisholm on, and I wouldn't watch if Hasselbeck were on. 

I must say the "ghost of Shirley Chisholm" is the funniest thing I've heard all day.  🤣

And this is not quite the Elisabeth I remember.  I hate to agree with everyone but she was hard to watch today.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Bitsy's staunch defense of the man who once called her the dumbest person on television was stunning af. 

And that is all you need to know about her.  She is vapid, and she sounds like she is part of a cult (whether that is some kind of God/Jesus cult or red/white/blue cult, or the Hasselbeck Football Jesus family cult, it really doesn't matter).

I think I heard Whoopi say last week that she loves Bitsy.  Well, Bitsy must have heard it too, as she was all over Whoopi today, including laying her head on her shoulder. 🤮

It actually makes me happy nowadays, when Whoopi is sabotaged by her co-hosts.  From Bitsy taking over as soon as they sat down, to MeAgain announcing they have no audience.  Then Whoopi says, yeah, I was just going to say that, and lamely reads the teleprompter that says they have no audience.  She cannot roll with the punches at all.

It was clear to me that Bitsy was auditioning for Abby's spot.  She dominated in the first segment, then she intro'ed and monopolized that whole positivity segment.  Since when does a  guest host lead a segment and do all of the interviewing?

And MeAgain, the self-declared fan of Bitsy, actually tried to help her after Bitsy's disastrous defense of  Trump, by saying that Bitsy and Joy/Sunny were all correct:  both things can be true.  When has she ever said that before???  I don't think MeAgain would have even come to Abby's rescue in that way.

The eyerolls and looks of incredulity from Joy and Sunny were everything.

So MeAgain kept looking out to the audience that was not there.  I guess it is has just always been her producer Brian that she has been looking at all this time.  And didn't she say that she liked that there was no audience, and then Bitsy and she got into a convo about being introverts?  And Whoopi reminded them that just cause there was no audience, they were still on live TV and not in their living room having a chat.

Barbie Omg GIF by MOODMAN 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Since the show was practically all Elizabeth today, I’m assuming she’s coming back. I don’t remember anyone, current hosts included, that were given that much air time. 

• Love 3