Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 3/9/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, nokat said:

That illogical cow actually said that? Where is a cattle prod when you need it?

Still up her butt from the last reaming.  No one wanted to get it heeheeh 😏

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Whoopi's fashion choice for today: Hmmmm........okay. Moving on, speaking of fashion, Mags reminded me of a old timey Pan Am "air hostess." All she needed was a jaunty little cap!

Some of you may have to Google this to know what I'm even talking about or refer to the episode of Mad Men when Don and Roger went to L.A. That's when flying was fun, exciting and GLAMOROUS! 

Nice to see Booker and not have to listen to someone ripping their opponents to shreds. So sick of all the negativity.

I am at the point now where I can successfully anticipate when a commercial break is coming up and know when it's time to grab that remote and fast forward and I don't know what this means. Have I been watching too long or ABC has too many bloody ads?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Anthony Daniels - I recall reading a few years back that the man who played r2d2 couldn’t stand this guy.  That he was rude and disrespectful to him including slapping the top of his costume causing discomfort.  

And what a surprise!  Another promotion for Disney for another  one of their acquired franchises that they will just suck the life and soul out of until it is a shadow of its former self. 😤

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Tosia said:

Life's hard lessons on the streets of entitlement?

Close personal publisher friends?

I think sometimes these kids can’t win.  They  could be sitting around doing nothing (both her own family money and her husbands) and they’d  be criticized for that.  If they try to work at something, they’re criticized for nepotism.  Not every rich kid is like MM...some are capable on their own.  Did they get an advantage...probably, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have to eventually produce.  Perhaps we’ve been tainted by those like MM and Abby who apparently only needed the family name and didn’t have to produce.  But I think there are lots of rich kids who had advantages but have still gone out and worked hard.  

• Love 1

MeAgain's blathering today is captured in this article.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/the-views-meghan-mccain-goes-off-on-trump-for-being-so-stupid-about-the-coronavirus/

Today, MeAgain addressed Nick Offerman as Mr. Offerman.  I am really curious about what her criteria are for when she addresses someone formally.  Sometimes she uses is in a condescending tone and other times it seems like she is in awe of the person.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, bannana said:

MeAgain's blathering today is captured in this article.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/the-views-meghan-mccain-goes-off-on-trump-for-being-so-stupid-about-the-coronavirus/

Today, MeAgain addressed Nick Offerman as Mr. Offerman.  I am really curious about what her criteria are for when she addresses someone formally.  Sometimes she uses is in a condescending tone and other times it seems like she is in awe of the person.

She probably thinks he's actually Ron Swanson, the rugged, big-government hating, gun-toting, meat-eating, whiskey-drinking libertarian character he played on Parks and Recreation.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Stacey1014 said:

Both GMA and Kelly and Ryan didn’t have audiences today. I’m wondering if The View will have an audience, and if not, how the dynamic of the show will change. 

Well, one good thing that would come from that would be no "Welcome to The View!! x 100" nonsense from the EGOT since she says she does that because she is welcoming the studio audience.  Although knowing Whoopi she'd still do it because she knows how much it pisses everyone off.  And don't send her any emails either!

Oh and Meghan won't be able to scold the audience for laughing or clapping.  Or talk to that one guy out there who is supposedly her one supporter. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Stacey1014 said:

Both GMA and Kelly and Ryan didn’t have audiences today. I’m wondering if The View will have an audience, and if not, how the dynamic of the show will change. 

https://www.primetimer.com/item/The-View-GMA-The-Wendy-Williams-Show-Tamron-Hall-and-Live-with-Kelly-and-Ryan-are-going-without-live-studio-audiences-in-wake-of-the-coronavirus-ZGSGbW

Yet Whoopi does her multi welcome to an empty theater anyway. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Lifesabeach said:

Another promotion for Disney for another  one of their acquired franchises that they will just suck the life and soul out of until it is a shadow of its former self. 😤

And it is rendered an empty husk. I never thought I'd ever be saying "soulless corporate behemoth Disney" but I am!! Shameful self-promotion...hey! That's us!!

• Love 4
Just now, GoldenGirl90 said:

Of course Meghan likes the show more without an audience. 🙄

She’s an introvert, doncha know. 🙄

Bitsy praising Trump’s actions re the outbreak. 🙄

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Guys, I don't agree with Elizabeth, but I'm not going to lie she seems to be able to argue the Republican views better than Meghan and she listened to Sunny and Joy without interrupting them.

That's all it takes for me these days. Argue your points and be respectful is enough for me right now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
Just now, Stacey1014 said:

Has Elisabeth’s voice always been so high pitched?  We’re ten minutes into the show and she’s already grating on my last nerve, even more than Meghan. 

I was just about to say that I’m reminded of how annoying Elizabeth is and we’re only 10 minutes in.

• Love 18

Everyone take a drink every time Elizabeth says "God".  See everyone tomorrow after you sleep it off. 

Jesus.  Big Meg interrupted Sunny mid sentence to say "Can I talk."  No bitch.  Shut up.

• LOL 15
  • Love 7

And I thought Nutmeg was bad!   EH is verbally hijacking the show and her Minnie Mouse voice is making me cringe.    I won't go into her defense of the administration re: the virus.  That's what happens when you only watch one particular 'news' network.   I'm out. Between the voice and the Tim and I and the lies, I'll watch on DVR and ff through her bullshit.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Since Elizabeth is here, who would you rather have at the table.

Meghan or Elizabeth.

And you have to pick one of them. No cheating.

I’d take Meghan and her snotty attitude/shouting over Elisabeth and her high pitched voice any day. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan or Elizabeth.

To answer my own question here lol, I'm going with Elizabeth. Her views are wack, but anyone who can argue their points in a respectful manner and listen to others is enough for me. She is also friends with some of her past co-hosts, which is a lot more than I can say about the one who keeps barring people from the show.

She does talk about God a lot, but her voice seems more authentic of Trump/Republican voters than anything Meghan says.

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Love 2

I’m not a fan of Elisabeth, but I’d take her back over McCain any day. But I would stop watching this show if they had her and McCain on at the same time. As soon as one stopped screaming, the other would begin, and Joy would barely get any time to speak because they would both talk long and then interrupt every third word out of her mouth. If you notice, Joy and Sunny never scream, so the conservatives have no excuse to be screaming either. Having Abby at the same time as McCain only worked because she wasn’t a complete lunatic like McCain; Elisabeth is not as polite or nice as Abby.

I think the only thing I could still watch is Friday’s when Ana is there and Whoopi is out, but that’s all. Even Joy couldn’t make me endure this every day. Oh, and of course McCain loves the show without an audience there, silencing all dissent with her. She’d love to eliminate anyone and anything that repeatedly points out the emperor is wearing no clothes with regards to her stupidity and unprofessional behavior.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Elizabeth is more polite than Meghan, as is pretty much everyone else in the world, but, she still makes me wanna puke.  This seems to be Hasselbeck hour.  Why is she getting so much air time?  I hope they're not bringing her back.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

Elizabeth is more polite than Meghan, as is pretty much everyone else in the world, but, she still makes me wanna puke.  This seems to be Hasselbeck hour.  Why is she getting so much air time?  I hope they're not bringing her back.

She's still a party sycophant!!!

• Love 13
26 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan or Elizabeth.

Team Elisabeth: not because she's great but because:

• I don't know who her father is. 
  • She doesn't make up words. 
  • Less "afriendofmine"
  • Can listen to opposition without scoffing or eyerolling 
  • Can discuss non-political non-reality TV topics
Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 5

Today Meghan's a news person.  She's said in the past that she's not a journalist, but she's a news person.  Okay.  

Ooh, let's hope there's no chance Bitsy ever becomes the new co-host.  Even Meghan was looking at her skeptically.  There are numerous articles stating that the administration did not handle the "early stages" of this virus in a timely manner, and there are some people in it who still do not reliably convey accurate information.  Thank goodness Dr. Fauci pushes back against that when he's in the room, and on tv, too.

Was EH this cringeworthy at the end of her View tenure, with mentions of God in every third sentence?  I stopped watching regularly sometime between Whoopie's second year and the time Elizabeth left. 

I know she was like that during her last visit, but I'm surprised she's so "rah rah country" when it comes to this crisis.  The facts are the facts; talking "God and country" is not going to get us through it.   

I'm sure Aziz Ansari is thrilled that Meghan brought up his situation, albeit sympathetically.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

Was EH this cringeworthy at the end of her View tenure, with mentions of God in every third sentence?  I stopped watching regularly sometime between Whoopie's second year and the time Elizabeth left. 

Yeah, Elisabeth was always like this. I actually don't mind her talking about God all the time. It only bothers me when she starts using God as a shield for her talking points.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Haven't watched yet today and after reading all of your comments, I would much rather stick two rusty nails in my eyeballs than witness this.  To all of you who watched, with all that is already going in on in the world, you have my greatest respect and condolences.  Because haven't we suffered enough? 

If the show is actually for reals entertaining the idea of bringing Bible Barbie back as McCain's new sidepiece, then I think it's safe to say that ABC has collectively lost their minds and the end is nigh.   

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan or Elizabeth.

Another one for Meghan.

38 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I cannot tell you how happy I am to see a poster referring to EH as Bitsy.  

That nickname was just perfect for her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I am not watching the show anymore, but today I had the tv on Tamron Hall and it was still on when The View came on.  Elisabeth looks like shit. Are those wicker paper plate holders hanging from her ears? Is that the Great AmeriCain t-shirt she is wearing under a blazer? Her forehead is more wrinkled than Gordon Ramseys.       I know, I know-but IDGAF-I do not like her, Sam I am..She is ragged.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I am not watching the show anymore, but today I had the tv on Tamron Hall and it was still on when The View came on.  Elisabeth looks like shit. Are those wicker paper plate holders hanging from her ears? Is that the Great AmeriCain t-shirt she is wearing under a blazer? Her forehead is more wrinkled than Gordon Ramseys.       I know, I know-but IDGAF-I do not like her, Sam I am..She is ragged.

I hate to comment on looks, but she hasn’t aged well. Her forehead was so distracting and she just looked older than her 42 years.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Stacey1014 said:

I hate to comment on looks, but she hasn’t aged well. Her forehead was so distracting and she just looked older than her 42 years.  

It is said as you get older you get the face you deserve.  Seems true with Elisabeth.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Her haggard forehead is like that because she has spent so many years furrowing it whilst worrying about "all of the children!"   

• LOL 15
  • Love 2