Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 3/9/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I think there's also the possibility that any woman on the ticket is going to be polarizing for some people.

Now what does that statement remind me of? I feel like someone very famous sometime ago said something very similar...

• LOL 1
23 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

I don't blame Joy either. And I agree Whoopi should also consider it given her health issues in the past year.

As for the past discussion of Elizabeth vs. Meghan, I cringe to admit I would pick Meghan. It's funny, because I didn't like Jed, then I liked Meghan even less, but Bitsy...less than those two combined!

I've heard Jed has gotten WAY crazier than Meghan AND Elizabeth, and that she's a complete mess on Twitter (according to the Deja The View podcast). Hard to admit, but out of the three Meghan is probably the best.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, jungki said:

I've heard Jed has gotten WAY crazier than Meghan AND Elizabeth, and that she's a complete mess on Twitter (according to the Deja The View podcast). Hard to admit, but out of the three Meghan is probably the best.

I agree. Jed is nuts and she scares me. She gets this crazed look when she is pontificating on a subject.. I don't understand that type of fervor.. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, jungki said:

I saw some recent clips of Jed. She’s gone full-blown crazy.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, jungki said:

I've heard Jed has gotten WAY crazier than Meghan AND Elizabeth, and that she's a complete mess on Twitter (according to the Deja The View podcast).

The thing is Jed was always like that. She just played a good game of hiding it, pretending to be some kind of unbiased spectator / Libertarian. I still remember how she would act on this show when she got going, she looked like she was practically about to foam at the mouth. That's why I still treasure the day she was fired.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The thing is Jed was always like that. She just played a good game of hiding it, pretending to be some kind of unbiased spectator / Libertarian. I still remember how she would act on this show when she got going, she looked like she was practically about to foam at the mouth. That's why I still treasure the day she was fired.

I agree in that she did reign it in but she is truly into conspiracy theories now.  She seemed to get along with the ladies minus Whoopie of course who loathed her.  I did love how Sunny would put her in her place with irrefutable facts..

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I agree in that she did reign it in but she is truly into conspiracy theories now.  She seemed to get along with the ladies minus Whoopie of course who loathed her.  I did love how Sunny would put her in her place with irrefutable facts..

I don't know if being into conspiracies is a new thing for her either. When she got fired, she insinuated it was because of Hillary Clinton on Twitter; Hillary had been interviewed on the show the month prior.

Sunny's handling of her was definitely a thing of beauty.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't know if that's a new thing either. When she got fired, she insinuated it was because of Hillary Clinton on Twitter; Hillary had been interviewed on the show the month prior.

Sunny's handling of her was definitely a thing of beauty.

It was because she had a gotcha question that went nowhere and tweeter roasted her.

Whoopie got her fired to get Megan on her show. She and Megan were friendly but not best friends and as soon as she got fired, they unfollowed each other on tweeter..

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Perhaps I’m developing cabin fever but could someone explain Megan’s remark about how people become Federalists when a crisis happens? I did not understand one word of that and I replayed it to see if I had spaced out.  
The actress ( don’t recall her) was not making sense to me either.  

Tamee When you say you like Whoopi’s top hat do you mean to wear out and about...to work or to Target?  Guess I’ve seen too many pictures of Fred Astaire with tails and top hat.  Joy asked her if it was from Cinderella and Whoopi said yes. That wouldn’t be the right time frame for it  would it?   At the end when she lifted up it up to reveal hand sanitizer that was a play on pulling a rabbit from the magicians hat. I’ve given this much to much thought. 

• LOL 5
5 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Perhaps I’m developing cabin fever but could someone explain Megan’s remark about how people become Federalists when a crisis happens?

She was saying that Libertarians who typically want government out of their business will suddenly be looking to government to solve all their problems in a crisis.  For what it's worth.

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
23 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

So far, the show feels like a pre-tape, Joy announced she's taking next week off & over-all, the show is a yawner.  Just sayin'!!!

The show was pre-taped on Thursday afternoon. When the show opened, it said in a box down in the left corner 'recorded earlier'.  I guess they felt that there was no reason to come in on Friday and play to an empty studio while they were there on Thursday.

However, "View Your Deal" must've been taped last week at some time, because there was a full audience there and Sunny was dressed differently. They must pre-tape a bunch of these garage sales. 

BTW, when they were discussing possible running mates for Biden I was shocked that Meghan didn't suggest the ghost of her father! Absolutely shocked! 

Edited by ThePurpleArcher
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
On 3/11/2020 at 2:58 PM, Lifesabeach said:

And Bitz can just go back to wherever she has been.  Is she the reincarnation of TammyFaye without all the mascara?

They never seemed to get her makeup right. The heavy black eyeliner is not flattering on her at all...and that’s all I’ve ever seen on her.  Surely there’s got to be a makeup artist with a better idea for her eyes.  Same with Sunny, except she goes overboard with the fake lashes and hair.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

She was saying that Libertarians who typically want government out of their business will suddenly be looking to government to solve all their problems in a crisis.  For what it's worth.

Thanks! I also had trouble understanding her rambling. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I will stick with Messy for now.. 

That could be something way serious though.  Didnt she just have a baby?  Maybe she has a post partum issue.  A really strong one lol.  She might have become schizo?  Pregnancy, labor and delivery, and post. can fuck a lady up. If thats the case i hope she sees a good doc and get on meds to be regulated.

5 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

BTW, when they were discussing possible running mates for Biden I was shocked that Meghan didn't suggest the ghost of her father! Absolutely shocked! 

or herself, since she has been in politics her whole life

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 3/11/2020 at 12:22 PM, Cementhead said:

Haven't watched yet today and after reading all of your comments, I would much rather stick two rusty nails in my eyeballs than witness this.  To all of you who watched, with all that is already going in on in the world, you have my greatest respect and condolences.  Because haven't we suffered enough? 

If the show is actually for reals entertaining the idea of bringing Bible Barbie back as McCain's new sidepiece, then I think it's safe to say that ABC has collectively lost their minds and the end is nigh.   

They actually offered Elisabeth a permanent return after Sara left before they picked Abby. 

• Love 2

Is Whoopi, wearing that ridiculous, ugly-ass stupid hat not just another way for her to show us all how much of a free spirit she is and look how important she is to the show because they're actually letting her go out on camera looking like some demented, out of work circus ringmaster and nothing as superficial as appearance will ever prevent her from wearing anything she wants.

So you obviously reach a certain level on netowork tv where you call all the shots because God forbid the show has to go on without her!!

• LOL 2

I think Whoopi is covering some kind of damage to her hair with her hats. But one day this week, at the end, she took off her hat and had hand sanitizer taped on the top of her head as a joke. 

Wow, Bitsy is more out there than I remember her. I must have missed her other appearances because I seriously thought this was the first time back. She can stay gone because she added nothing to the table besides another screeching voice. She did look very haggard and I’d LOVE to know if her children are as perfect as she tried to make them.  Looked like Meghan tried to assert herself as the best and smartest conservative in the room, as usual.

The no audience wasn’t that bad but must be so weird for them, like a rehearsal. Now that they are down to three and no audience, they should can the show for a while. Wish we all had the luxury of just staying home for a month, though!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

I have to say, I did like this past week without a studio audience. There wasn't the loud applause or cued laughter from the audience, which made it easier to focus on the mess going on at the table. 

Sunny wasn't playing to the crowd with her flirty self. Nice!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

I have to say, I did like this past week without a studio audience. There wasn't the loud applause or cued laughter from the audience, which made it easier to focus on the mess going on at the table. 

And nobody for Meghan to thank for the occasional solo clap or chastise for clapping for someone else's point.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Is Whoopi, wearing that ridiculous, ugly-ass stupid hat not just another way for her to show us all how much of a free spirit she is and look how important she is to the show because they're actually letting her go out on camera looking like some demented, out of work circus ringmaster and nothing as superficial as appearance will ever prevent her from wearing anything she wants.

So you obviously reach a certain level on netowork tv where you call all the shots because God forbid the show has to go on without her!!

I'm wondering if something went horribly wrong when she had her old-woman dreads and dye removed, so she's wearing hats to cover it up.

• Love 2
On 3/15/2020 at 12:02 PM, rcc said:

Sunny wasn't playing to the crowd with her flirty self. Nice!

Thought bubble: if she does her flirty thang, and gets a response, it will just eat MM up with jealousy hahah

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/14/2020 at 12:24 AM, athousandclowns said:

Perhaps I’m developing cabin fever but could someone explain Megan’s remark about how people become Federalists when a crisis happens? I did not understand one word of that and I replayed it to see if I had spaced out.  
The actress ( don’t recall her) was not making sense to me either.  

Tamee When you say you like Whoopi’s top hat do you mean to wear out and about...to work or to Target?  Guess I’ve seen too many pictures of Fred Astaire with tails and top hat.  Joy asked her if it was from Cinderella and Whoopi said yes. That wouldn’t be the right time frame for it  would it?   At the end when she lifted up it up to reveal hand sanitizer that was a play on pulling a rabbit from the magicians hat. I’ve given this much to much thought. 

Whoops i think this was for a different user.  I cant take credit for any of either msgs...lol..unless it was posted late night, then all bets are off haha

But @athousandclownsi had to look it up myself because my early Amer history sucked.  I wish now i had put more interest in it.  A Federalist(s)(ism) is a group who unite together under a governing body.  Kinda like what we have now lol.  P.s. to cover my ignorance suffice to say i havent seen the show all week due to press conferences.

Edited by Tammee
To add
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

Whoops i think this was for a different user.  I cant take credit for any of either msgs...lol..unless it was posted late night, then all bets are off haha

But @athousandclownsi had to look it up myself because my early Amer history sucked.  I wish now i had put more interest in it.  A Federalist(s)(ism) is a group who unite together under a governing body.  Kinda like what we have now lol.  P.s. to cover my ignorance suffice to say i havent seen the show all week due to press conferences.

Thanks Tammee for  federalist info but I really wanted to know if you would wear the hat to Target. Those are the important things. 

• LOL 3

Having some free time, I am going through my dvr and watching the past few weeks of the view.

Bitsy looks like crap, and she's screeching than ever. Prayer and purell,  and the country's leadership is doing such a good job. Blech! Go away.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Bitsy looks like crap, and she's screeching than ever.

Methinks Bitsy doth protest too much about how happy and fulfilled she is because she looks hardened and worn down.  Like a harried 50s housewife who is on the brink of throwing her Hoover vacuum cleaner out the front window in a fit of of rage.  But please, buy her books.  They will teach you how to live a fulfilling, purposeful, faith filled life, too.  🙄

• Love 10
On 3/18/2020 at 7:41 PM, athousandclowns said:

Thanks Tammee for  federalist info but I really wanted to know if you would wear the hat to Target. Those are the important things. 

Absolutely the important things hah! And to answer your question...yes, yes, and yes. 😉

2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Methinks Bitsy doth protest too much about how happy and fulfilled she is because she looks hardened and worn down.  Like a harried 50s housewife who is on the brink of throwing her Hoover vacuum cleaner out the front window in a fit of of rage.  But please, buy her books.  They will teach you how to live a fulfilling, purposeful, faith filled life, too.  🙄

OOOOOOOOOH

Sign me up, please. 🤨 hehe

• LOL 2
On 3/15/2020 at 12:10 PM, deirdra said:

I'm wondering if something went horribly wrong when she had her old-woman dreads and dye removed, so she's wearing hats to cover it up.

Might be the start of a bald spot.  Im getting one too in that same area.  Sux.  Plus all the different chemicals her poor hair has undergone.  A lot of people are talking about losing their hair.  Of course dont ask me to name any lol.  Anyway, hope all is good for Whoop. 

• Love 1
On 3/14/2020 at 10:36 PM, TheView said:

They actually offered Elisabeth a permanent return after Sara left before they picked Abby. 

You made me shudder and make the sign of the cross lol 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 3/14/2020 at 6:08 AM, Haleth said:

Except the ones who buy more guns, ammo & survival supplies and hole up in their basements.

• Love 2