Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 3/9/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

I'm hoping wiser heads will prevail, or even Whoopi, and they will see that Bitsy would not be a good fit in the slightest.  She was terrible; monopolizing the conversations, nonsensical pronouncements, squeaky voice.  No.  Just... no.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

If the show insists on bringing back Elisabeth as full time co host it will be the View's death knell. Isn't having one polarizing co host enough?

Shall we pray to the PTB?

I thought Hasselblech looked like a RH...... overly bleached and fake tanned and too thin.

Plus  what uppers was she on?

Coffee isn't that energizing.

Crazy lack of self-awareness. 

Or just crazy.

(No offense to those of us with mental health issues.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

Shall we pray to the PTB?

I thought Hasselblech looked like a RH...... overly bleached and fake tanned and too thin.

Plus  what uppers was she on?

Coffee isn't that energizing.

Crazy lack of self-awareness. 

Or just crazy.

(No offense to those of us with mental health issues.)

Seems like perhaps a nervous breakdown has happened somewhere along the way.   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Meghan called out Elizabeth. I guess the love affair is over. Do you think Meghan was happy that Elizabeth came because it made her look better? Having someone like Elizabeth over Tara and Ana definitely makes Meghan look better.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

If the show insists on bringing back Elisabeth as full time co host it will be the View's death knell. Isn't having one polarizing co host enough?

YES!!!!! They lost boatloads of viewers already - not that ABC even gives a shit - over Mags and her Miss Obnoxious Show. Can you imagine with not just one nightmare at the table but TWO?!!! 

Does anyone know why the love fest between Bible Barbie and EGOT? I mean, talk about polar opposites!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, bannana said:

Well, Bitsy must have heard it too, as she was all over Whoopi today, including laying her head on her shoulder. 🤮

When EH did that, it took me back to the day there was a fight, and when they came back from break, she was in Barbara Walters' lap.  She likes to say she's a strong woman, but doesn't mind acting like a little girl when it suits her.   

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, lusinia said:

When EH did that, it took me back to the day there was a fight, and when they came back from break she was in Barbara Walters' lap.  She likes to say she's a strong woman, but doesn't mind acting like a little girl when it suits her.   

That pandering head on Whoopi's shoulder was disgusting and negated her Purell-pushing prepared rapid-fire prayers.

Seriously, couldn't she say "hand sanitizer?" 

STFU Bitsy!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I loved Joy's snarky apology. "Doesn't that make you feel better? He only attempted to do that." Especially since McCain is never made to apologize for the blatant lies she spews on a daily basis.

Do a pal a solid, TheGreenKnight: what was the context? Since I don't watch any longer. I only come here to read about it.

6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meg is “really good” at giving “bomb ass” speeches. Yet another item on her resumé. 

Yeah. Because other people write said speeches.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Do a pal a solid, TheGreenKnight: what was the context? Since I don't watch any longer. I only come here to read about it.

Yeah. Because other people write said speeches.

I forget the exact wording, something about repealing centers or something that Obama had put in place to help in case of a crisis? I know somebody else here will get it right.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, bannana said:

And didn't she say that she liked that there was no audience, and then Bitsy and she got into a convo about being introverts? 

From what I remember, Elisabeth said she missed the audience and then asked if McCain is introverted when she said she enjoyed there being no audience.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Is it my imagination, or are Meghan's extensions a different color than her hair?

Also, I missed the first segment.  Did Whoopi explain the hat? Her Bernie impression is even worse than Valley Girl Voice. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

While I agree with Joy that Biden needs some of Bernie’s Latino vote, I also agree with Meghan (blah). Young people absolutely did not show up in the way Bernie said they would. Most of the numbers show them only making up 8%-10% of voters so far. Reddit isn’t real life. Twitter isn’t real life. Also agree with Joy - or was it Sunny? - who said Bernie can make all the points he’s trying to make without continuing with his campaign. Mathematically, there is no pathway forward for Bernie.

7 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Another Bernie bash, which is ironic considering how they were just talking about how dangerous the corona virus is and that we need more testing done.

Mathematically Bernie doesn’t have a pathway forward though. Even if he won all the smaller states, Biden would still be in the lead due to the way delegates are allocated. Bernie’s going to get blown out of the water in the states with the most delegates coming up, including Florida.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Mathematically Bernie doesn’t have a pathway forward though. Even if he won all the smaller states, Biden would still be in the lead due to the way delegates are allocated. 

While I agree with Joy that Biden needs some of Bernie’s Latino vote, I actually agree with Meghan (blah). Young people absolutely did not show up in the way Bernie said they would. Most of the numbers show them only making up 8%-10% of voters so far. Reddit isn’t real life. Twitter isn’t real life. Also agree with Joy - or was it Sunny? - who said Bernie can make all the points he’s trying to make without continuing with his campaign.

Also if Bernie can't win the competitive states like Michigan and Missouri during the primaries how would he win  them in November?

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Mathematically, there is no pathway forward for Bernie.

Agreed and I don't see it as bashing to make this point.  If they were tied neck and neck I'd feel differently about this but not the way things are now.  They're being realistic about his chances.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

Also if Bernie can't win the competitive states like Michigan and Missouri during the primaries how would he win  them in November?

Yep, it really flies in the face of their "Bernie can beat Trump" narrative. I'll be honest, he's doing worse than I thought he would. Biden won every county in Michigan.

Just now, Beany Malone said:

Agreed and I don't see it as bashing to make this point.  If they were tied neck and neck I'd feel differently about this but not the way things are now.  They're being realistic about his chances.

Yeah. His pathway moving forward is bleak and that's not bashing, it's a fact.

• Love 8

I thought Whoopi was actually right versus the others for once. I mean, I get asking your prospective daughter/son-in-law questions before a marriage or even saying you don't like them, but at the end of the day it isn't the parent's choice to make and you have to butt out. I would never let my parents be the deciding factor over what I do with my love life. I think Sunny was being a bit craycray there...

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Bernie is sticking around so he’ll have clout when it comes to the platform. 

This is what I think. His movement is important and it's great that he's been able to get so many young people interested in politics. Unfortunately, that interest and enthusiasm isn't translating into actual votes. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 4

. Unfortunately, that interest and enthusiasm isn't translating to actual votes. 

This would be an interesting topic for them to pursue on The View.  But they won't because it all ends in screaming and them talking over each other instead of making valid points.  Maybe I'm looking back through rose coloured glasses but I feel they used to discuss issues and make points without things deteriorating into mayhem.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I thought Whoopi was actually right versus the others for once. I mean, I get asking your prospective daughter/son-in-law questions before a marriage or even saying you don't like them, but at the end of the day it isn't the parent's choice to make and you have to butt out. I would never let my parents be the deciding factor over what I do with my love life. I think Sunny was being a bit craycray there...

For some you're not just marrying the person, you're marrying their family as well. So if you're close to your family, I don't think you could marry someone who your parents hated. I don't think I could do this.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

When my son was getting ready to marry his wife the night before I asked  him are you sure you want to do this. She had two children from previous relationships (whom I love as my granddaughters) but she had had a tubal ligation after her second child. He said yes he was sure. Since they have been married they have had some pretty bad fights and whenever they do and looks like they might separate my son always says to me "well now maybe I will get to  have a child in the future".  I knew this would be an issue but there is only so much a parent can do when their adult child wants to do something.

2 minutes ago, Beany Malone said:

Maybe I'm looking back through rose coloured glasses but I feel they used to discuss issues and make points without things deteriorating into mayhem.

That was BM. Before Meghan.

• Love 6

Another thing Meghan says she's really good at - speechmaking. 

You know what?  I think her therapist must've told her to once a day say something positive about herself while looking in the mirror, and like everything else in her life, Meghan feels that we all need to know.  

Meghan said the voters that Sanders was saying he would get were a "red herring".  No.  Another one of her misnomers.  I've been trying to think of what would fit there, but nothing comes to mind at the moment.

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

YES!!!!! They lost boatloads of viewers already - not that ABC even gives a shit - over Mags and her Miss Obnoxious Show. Can you imagine with not just one nightmare at the table but TWO?!!! 

Does anyone know why the love fest between Bible Barbie and EGOT? I mean, talk about polar opposites!

The ratings were higher than ever in 2019. Many people like her (not me); others hate-watch.

The current dynamic may have lost many viewers, but, it's brought in many more. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, AdeleDazeem said:

Many people like her (not me); others hate-watch.

Yep.  Lots of shows are like that.  I remember back when Big Bang Theory was still in first run and people would come to the forums here to bitch about each episode.  Every single week. Which is fine  - except they'd also be saying "when will they cancel this mess".  Well not when the ratings are high that's for sure!  

• LOL 5
18 minutes ago, AdeleDazeem said:

The ratings were higher than ever in 2019. Many people like her (not me); others hate-watch.

The current dynamic may have lost many viewers, but, it's brought in many more. 

This is a case of quantity over quality. I would rather have quality.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

You're not an advertiser, shareholder or ABC management. Neither am I. 

I can't even hate-watch. My blood pressure can't handle it. 😃

I have to say, though, I watched some today. It was, actually, calmer without an audience. I had ABC on when I turned on my tv. I stayed to listen to what they had to say about the pandemic. Not that of them have any gravitas. 😆  I don't watch for information from any of the hosts. Unless there's an interesting guest, it's purely entertainment and snark-fodder. Hmmm-- am I contradicting myself? 🤔

MM was slamming Trump because she's, finally, faced with something she's not isolated from or immune to. All her money, connections, privilege -- the virus doesn't discriminate. She's scared for herself and hers. That was never the case before with economic, social, racial issues. That's how it is with her kind. Only when it affects them is it a concern.

Edited by AdeleDazeem
  • Useful 3
  • Love 14
17 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Unfortunately, quality often doesn't get good ratings.  If that were true ratings for Nicolle Wallace's 4pm MSNBC show would be through the roof.  The View sadly is now a Jerry Springer-type train wreck of a show with a faded has-been, an over the hill comic, a prude and a low-information Senator's daughter discussing topics they rarely do research on.  It's ABC's version of the Real Housewives.  Who's going to argue this week?  Come to think of it, The View should open with Real Housewife taglines!  Whoopi:  Don't email me, don't text me, don't twitter me, I just don't care!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan called out Elizabeth. I guess the love affair is over. Do you think Meghan was happy that Elizabeth came because it made her look better? Having someone like Elizabeth over Tara and Ana definitely makes Meghan look better.

I haven't watched today's episode yet, but to Meghan's credit, she was giving Elisabeth some real WTF looks yesterday. I didn't know she had it in her. Good to know even she has her limits.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

2 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I haven't watched today's episode yet, but to Meghan's credit, she was giving Elisabeth some real WTF looks yesterday. I didn't know she had it in her. Good to know even she has her limits.

McCain professes to love a lot of people, but she's not able to get along with anyone. If Elisabeth joined the show, it would only be a matter of time before they were at each others' throats. Abby was picked by McCain specifically to be at the table, she was one of the few genuinely nice people they've had on this show, they were BFFs, agreed on most topics, and McCain couldn't even get along with her.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I wish the others hadn't told Whoopie repeatedly that they liked that stupid hat.  Now she'll probably wear it for the next six months.

Just when you thought that the wig was bad enough! Maybe it will become like that hideous scarf she wore for ages before it finally became a threadbare rag. 

Whoopi's fashion choices really have me scratching my head. Does she seriously think that every time she goes out on that stage, that she looks good?!!!

I don't know if it's an age thing - I just don't care anymore - or she just has a total and complete lack of vanity. But she was an actress for years. She wore make up and at least made an effort then! What happened?

WTF is up with Mags' extensions today? And she's not petting them!

• LOL 1
11 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

I just don't care anymore

Not that I think she every really cared. I can remember back in the 80s and 90s seeing pics of her and she didn't have any fashion sense then either.  And it's OK to not be a fashionista but most days she literally looks like she grabbed whatever was closest.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Also, I missed the first segment.  Did Whoopi explain the hat? 

She said that she thought the world needed a little silliness and the hat was it.  I kinda liked it, as a one and done.  Until she started wearing it too low on her forehead, but then the Purell  reveal, kinda cute.  But of course they had to get a Disney plug in there mentioning it was from Alice in Wonderland.  They never miss an opportunity.😤 I  liked was ok with her WAY toned down welcome.  Why can’t she do it Iike that everyday, or not at all?

i have been wondering about the caps since she had those awful white dreads removed.  I wonder if they took a toll on her hair, thinning it.  Just a thought since my hair is thinning terribly. 😫 (Thanks Mom!)

Edited by Lifesabeach
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, heysmilinstrange said:

EH's answer to the Corona virus was Prayer and Purell!  Meghan, the other co-hosts, and 99% of the viewers gave her a WTF look.  When she started on her P&P solution, I had to keep rewinding my DVR because I could not believe what she was saying.  EH belongs on the Jim Baker Show, where she can spew her nonsense, not The View.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
21 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

EH's answer to the Corona virus was Prayer and Purell!  Meghan, the other co-hosts, and 99% of the viewers gave her a WTF look.  When she started on her P&P solution, I had to keep rewinding my DVR because I could not believe what she was saying.  EH belongs on the Jim Baker Show, where she can spew her nonsense, not The View.

Not to mention, spewing crap like that is irresponsible and dangerous. 

ABC should be ashamed if they didn't lower third, crawl or fullframe a disclaimer.

As I didn't watch, I don't know if they did. I just assume they didn't. 

Edited by AdeleDazeem
Typo
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

If anyone is taking any advice from Elisabeth Hasselbeck they are beyond help already.

And to think -- there is apparently a group of people buying her books.  Like, genuine, real people trading their money for her books.  The mind truly boggles.  I shall pray for them all. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 5

Very prescient of Joy to mention Trump's heavy breathing and contacts with people who've been exposed to coronavirus. At least one Brazilian official Trump dined with at Mar A Lago last weekend tested positive. It's time, really past time, to #TestTrump.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Is it my imagination, or are Meghan's extensions a different color than her hair?

different color and looked like doll hair, very distracting and did not look good

• Love 6