Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 3/9/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Is it my imagination, or are Meghan's extensions a different color than her hair?

Also, I missed the first segment.  Did Whoopi explain the hat? Her Bernie impression is even worse than Valley Girl Voice. 

Mr Peanut must have left it to her.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Very prescient of Joy to mention Trump's heavy breathing and contacts with people who've been exposed to coronavirus. At least one Brazilian official Trump dined with at Mar A Lago last weekend tested positive. It's time, really past time, to #TestTrump.

They can't.  We don't have any test kits.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

Very prescient of Joy to mention Trump's heavy breathing and contacts with people who've been exposed to coronavirus. At least one Brazilian official Trump dined with at Mar A Lago last weekend tested positive. It's time, really past time, to #TestTrump.

He is always a heavy breather. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Also if Bernie can't win the competitive states like Michigan and Missouri during the primaries how would he win  them in November?

I would assume they're figuring that people will 'vote blue no matter who' when it comes to november.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meg is “really good” at giving “bomb ass” speeches. Yet another item on her resumé. 

And then she demonstrated for us, and it just her usual lunging forward and shrieking that she does on The View.  That is what she calls a bomb ass speech.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Apparently Joy is taking a break from the show due to the Coronavirus at the urging of her daughter, according to this article. 

I would think Whoopi would be at greater risk with her recent health crisis.  But I don't blame Joy for staying home.

I wanted to say something nice about MeAgain.  The outfit she had on today was very flattering, and it proves she doesn't have to look as bad as she does on  99% of the shows.  I have to assume the stylist who hates her is now on vacay or staying away due to the coronavirus.

Of course her personality is still odious.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

I don't blame Joy either. And I agree Whoopi should also consider it given her health issues in the past year.

As for the past discussion of Elizabeth vs. Meghan, I cringe to admit I would pick Meghan. It's funny, because I didn't like Jed, then I liked Meghan even less, but Bitsy...less than those two combined!

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

I don't blame Joy either. And I agree Whoopi should also consider it given her health issues in the past year.

As for the past discussion of Elizabeth vs. Meghan, I cringe to admit I would pick Meghan. It's funny, because I didn't like Jed, then I liked Meghan even less, but Bitsy...less than those two combined!

yeah, I really disliked Jed, but I would welcome her back over these 2 in a minute!

• Love 7

5 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Apparently Joy is taking a break from the show due to concerns about Coronavirus at the urging of her daughter, according to this article. 

Why not Whoopi? Aside from being pretty old, she was in the hospital with a lung-related illness just a year ago. But maybe it's because Whoopi already took a lot of time off to film The Stand as it is.

Either way, I'm taking this as God wanting me to have a break from this shitshow. I'd like to think Joy is taking off because McCain's about to get the ax and she doesn't want to have to deal with her when she gets the news. I believe Elisabeth was fired around this time of the year back when, too, wasn't she? And, speaking of Elisabeth, perhaps the other day was a test run and they offered Elisabeth Meghan's seat again, and she said yes this time. That might explain why McCain has been on good behavior this week, too, if she feels her job is threatened...

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 5

Someone needs to tell Meghan that pounding your hand on the table, lowering your head, blinking your eyes and yelling at the top of your lungs does not make someone a 'bombass' speech deliverer. 

By far. 

Sad to see Joy will be taking at least a week off. I'm curious if WG will follow suit, since she has the compromised health issues and is in her 60s? 

https://tvline.com/2020/03/12/joy-behar-the-view-coronavirus-abc/

• Love 10

Yeah I agree with everyone who mentioned Whoopi. I’d be the most worried if I were her, especially after her most recent health scare. I guess Joy’s daughter convinced her that it wasn’t worth taking any chances and I don’t blame her for taking what looks like an indefinite hiatus from the show. I mostly only watch because Joy’s on the show, but since I haven’t really been tuning in lately, I’m not sure I’ll be doing anything other than reading the comments here until further notice... 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 13

I'm completely failing at not touching my face.
Duh, Whoopi, obviously the person on the plane probably got tested before traveling. They may have been told to quarantine but didn't listen. I'm not familiar with the story she was telling.

So they recorded tomorrow's show today. Good for Joy for staying home, she is able to.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

With no audience and down one host, I wonder how many guests The View will have in the future. I wonder if most of their shows will be Hot Topics instead of interviews. 

Yeah I wonder if they’re going to fill that third seat or march on with just 2 co-hosts and Whoopi as moderator for a week. I wouldn’t be surprised if they decide to air repeats next week though...

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

I don't think Whoopi's business partner was tested in Italy.

Nor the US.

Or was this the other person that landed in Palm whatever? I didn't understand that discussion.

No, she wasn't talking about her business partner.

I searched and I think she was talking about this>>> https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/florida/articles/2020-03-12/passenger-on-palm-beach-flight-tests-positive-for-covid-19

5 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Yeah I wonder if they’re going to fill that third seat or march on with just 2 co-hosts and Whoopi as moderator for a week. I wouldn’t be surprised if they decide to air repeats next week though...

A couple of the late night shows are going on hiatus now, so the View will probably follow suit.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, bannana said:

A couple of the late night shows are going on hiatus now, so the View will probably follow suit.  

It makes sense.  I'm sure no one wants to be there right now.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That might explain why McCain has been on good behavior this week, too, if she feels her job is threatened...

Can we really tell when NutMeg is on her best behavior?  There are times where she tries to mimic being a civil human, but it's painful to watch, honestly.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Can we really tell when NutMeg is on her best behavior? 

She has been different this week. I loved when she invoked Elisabeth Hasselbeck's name when they were talking about Trump's devout followers who think he is doing a good job. When EH was there spouting her gibberish even Meghan was looking at her like WTF is wrong with you.  And she complimented Governor Cuomo (a Democrat!!!!!) for handling the cornonavirus outbreak well.  Now of course once this crisis is over she will go back to being her usual obnoxious self but right now she is annoying me a lot less than she normally does.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

With no audience and down one host, I wonder how many guests The View will have in the future. I wonder if most of their shows will be Hot Topics instead of interviews. 

Many shows are going on 'hiatus' for a while - including Wendy WIlliams. I can understand why  (aside from the obvious, of course) - March /April is not a 'ratings sweep' period, so they're not concerned. Nice time for them to take a break, return the end of April and start May sweeps. (JMO)

• Love 4

Shouldn't Whoopi take a break too? She's more at risk than Joy, especially with her more recent health scare.

It does seem like the View will continue on during this crisis, which makes me think that they may have wanted a hiatus but Adam Glassman was like "And miss out on all of Oprah's favourite things?" And everyone decided to continue on because View your Deals are the heart and soul of the VIew.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, cinsays said:

yeah, I really disliked Jed, but I would welcome her back over these 2 in a minute!

I kind of kick myself over Jed. She was smart and funny. I want her back.

• Love 4

I feel the same as Whoopi, as far as feeling like Biden should pick Hillary if he’s going to pick a woman, but deep down knowing it won’t happen. I agree with Sunny, the Hulu documentary is so good. But I like all the other women they brought up, too: Harris, Demings, Abrams.

I’ve thought about what McCain said about Trump replacing Pence with Haley in that case, and I can believe that would happen…

• Love 4
9 hours ago, bannana said:

They might as well. Without Joy, they're down to three people and we know McCain won't allow Ana to be there. Just cancel it until Joy can come back, I say.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

The hot topics show would be fine but if they aren't live, it could get really boring.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Guys, I have those mugs on VYD, and can't recommend them enough.  I use them all the time, mainly for soup, which is what I got them for.  They're porcelain, but feel more weighty, like stoneware.  I love them so much, I've thought about contacting the company and asking them to do more colors,  or make some with the reverse of these colors (the colors don't look as bright as they did on tv; the photograph online is accurate.

I got these year last around Christmas from Amazon, when they have Oprah's Favorite Things.  The day they were out for delivery, they were on VYD!  I couldn't believe it.  But I figured out that I would have only saved $15, not $25, if I had returned my Amazon order, and it wasn't worth the hassle.  The VYD price really is a great price for these.

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

The whole world could explode and Oprah would make sure her crypt keeper crawled through the debris to try to make a few dollars off some overpriced crap.

Come on now.  You know that segment was prerecorded. I’ve bought my share of a lot of these special offers, have not been disappointed yet. 

I believe Joy's son-in-law is a Physician's Assistant in NYC and is working on the front lines in this pandemic.  Because of this, I think Joy's daughter's fear for her mother and husband is understandable.  Her husband is a healthcare professional and needs to be there to help his patients.  On the other hand, she does not want her mother risking her health for a talk show.  Joy is doing the right thing for herself and her daughter. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I feel the same as Whoopi, as far as feeling like Biden should pick Hillary if he’s going to pick a woman, but deep down knowing it won’t happen. I agree with Sunny, the Hulu documentary is so good. But I like all the other women they brought up, too: Harris, Demings, Abrams.

I would love it to be Hillary but she is too polarizing for some people.

2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I’ve thought about what McCain said about Trump replacing Pence with Haley in that case, and I can believe that would happen…

I don't think  it would  help him.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Haleth said:

I was watching a clip of Bernie, and he is doing the same thing, breathing heavy, and sniffling.  I know that are all ill just from the campaign trail.

For once i was so happy for  'Breaking News'  right before the VYD segment.  Perfect timing!  Thanks Gov!  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Shouldn't Whoopi take a break too? She's more at risk than Joy, especially with her more recent health scare.

It does seem like the View will continue on during this crisis, which makes me think that they may have wanted a hiatus but Adam Glassman was like "And miss out on all of Oprah's favourite things?" And everyone decided to continue on because View your Deals are the heart and soul of the VIew.

Like death and taxes, View Your Deal is an inevitable. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Tammee said:
22 hours ago, Haleth said:

I was watching a clip of Bernie, and he is doing the same thing, breathing heavy, and sniffling.  I know that are all ill just from the campaign trail.

With Trump it's different. He's considerably overweight, when someone's that heavy they can run out of breath before even finishing a long sentence. With Bernie, he's just so damn worked up all of the time, IMO, but I never noticed him breathing heavily.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I would love it to be Hillary but she is too polarizing for some people.

I don't think  it would  help him.

She made a great Sec of State, i didnt think her polarizing then.  I have learned alot about her in these last couple years.  VP needs to be strong , ready to take office if need be.  Could she do it? Absolutely. Would people 'let' her?  Course not.  But she could hold her own i bet with any foreign leader.  Even the jerk ones lol.  They wouldnt though.  I bet she would be degraded at every moment.  Cant win.  Evah.

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

With Trump it's different. He's considerably overweight, when someone's that heavy they can run out of breath before even finishing a long sentence. With Bernie, he's just so damn worked up all of the time, IMO, but I never noticed him breathing heavily.

Thats what Im saying.  Hes sick from the road.  Good thing this last debate was moved to someplace locally i think.  They all are coughing, sneezing, sore throat,  no voice, sumtinorother going on.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Color me shocked that the women didn't discuss Weinstein's GUILTY!!!!! verdict. And the 23 YEARS! Sentence! Or did they just give it a one sentence mention and move along? 

They talked about it briefly a couple days ago.  Or last week, i dont remember.  Whenever it happened.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Color me shocked that the women didn't discuss Weinstein's GUILTY!!!!! verdict. And the 23 YEARS! Sentence! Or did they just give it a one sentence mention and move along? 

• Useful 1