Type keyword(s) to search

S40.E03: Out for Blood

festivus
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, healthnut said:

I’m pretty sure they’ve been doing it all season. I kind of like it especially since we are never getting opening credit again. 

Just rewatched the opening ep and there were a couple of bars of it as the tattered title flag was shown. But not used episode two.

I read later it was Sia. It is? (What would I know. Sounds like some backing vocalist.) I suppose that kind of makes sense, in a world of fire tokens and what feels like three-quarters of the show taken up with Extinction. I miss the opening credits, the votes shown at the end, all that. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I saw that spider and put it down as yet another reason that I could never be on Survivor.

nope.gif

right?
like i don't deploy the "girl" card very often. but that spider was the size of Texas. 
also - ithink i would be able to put up with Probst exactly 15 minutes before i got in trouble somehow. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Sarah and Tony washed ashore in their own boat. They have a boat? Since when? Are we to believe they rowed themselves to the other beach? 

That wasn't Tony and it wasn't their tribe's boat.  It's just a random Survivor employee who drives them over, probably the same guy who delivered people to IOTI last season.

As I recall, Vince was also transported by a production boat for his infiltration mission last season. Which we've all blotted out already XD

9 minutes ago, violet and green said:

I read later it was Sia. It is? (What would I know. Sounds like some backing vocalist.) I suppose that kind of makes sense, in a world of fire tokens and what feels like three-quarters of the show taken up with Extinction. I miss the opening credits, the votes shown at the end, all that. 

Well, it's certainly no secret that Sia watches the show, so maybe she did it uncredited?

• Useful 2
8 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I thought Rob sounded sincerely angry at Adam for daring to mention the statues

Well, it's not like Rob himself erected the statue of himself. It's there, it's funny, it's a giant prop - but it's not like he demanded it stay there, either, putting the squeeze on his game, reminding everyone of his totemic status.

I like to think of later generations of post-apocalyptic humans coming across them, and pondering the meaning and the possible connection with the Easter Island moai, and what were these baseball gods we worshipped...

• LOL 11
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, laurakaye said:

When Michele spoke, Rob talked over her but when Jeremy jumped in, Rob was placated. 

Wow, how surprising!

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Adam thinks Rob should start playing more like he does? Does this mean that Hannah will be joining the tribe, telling Rob what to do, getting him to the F3, and then him receiving all the votes that should have gone to her? Seems complicated. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5565292

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

As I recall, Vince was also transported by a production boat for his infiltration mission last season. Which we've all blotted out already XD

Literally just had to Google Vince and I still don’t remember him. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I don't get why the people at Edge of Extinction, or Exile Island, or whatever the hell they're calling this stupid thing, are competing so hard against each other for advantages they have to give away. What's in it for them? A token? Oh, goodie. What does that get them? An extra blankie? A shish kebab? I mean, if this thing plays out like last time there will be 15 of them sitting there eventually and only one of them will get back into the game. Those aren't great odds. Unless the one with the most tokens gets to buy their way back into the game I don't see why they should care that much. 

At this point they don't even know what they are working for.  Natalie knows, but Amber didn't know she found the thing in the well last week, and Amber and Danni both think that chest is still unopened.  So in Natalie's mind she's working to find everything and get those tokens; the other two are still wondering what kind of goodies they are working to get.

• Love 7

Tony leading Sarah through the dark and then the two of them spitting in dirt or whatever and smearing it on her face was a top notch scene. I love them! But also, fucking hell, I can't with the contrived bullshit of Production taking Sarah to the other camp in a boat and then her walking through it in the pitch dark while the other tribe sleeps nearby. There's too much bullshit this season and I need all of it to end asap.

Speaking of bullshit, there's like 15 advantages/idols out there already. PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!

Let's weaken Rob by voting out someone else! Brilliant, as always.

I was shocked by how well Sandra took being told Tyson was bringing up her name. I think Yul was as well lol.

Once again, there were a lot of fun scenes (Rob messing with Adam while he slept, the aforementioned Tony/Sarah scene, Tony and the shark, Natalie showing once again how smart she is, Ethan's "Hi, it's Ethan" when he walked into EoE) but overall I was just bored out of my mind. The game play this season sucks so hard and it's just so disappointing. Also, can I see like 50% less of Rob and Adam so I can see even just like 5% more of Wendell and Nick?

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Literally just had to Google Vince and I still don’t remember him. 😂

That's because he was voted out in the first half of the season, when it was still good...but no one remembers that part.

1 hour ago, mojoween said:

I’m glad Danni got that fish and I hope Natalie and Amber let her eat all her own self because Danni was alarmingly thin.  I do not remember her looking like that in her first season.

She was pretty skinny in Guatemala. At one point the tribes were voting to assign rewards to people, and they voted to let Danni eat an apple because she was so darn thin. (OK, I just checked and it wasn't QUITE like that, but they did vote that she needed the most nourishment, and she got to eat an apple as a result. Point being: she was a rail)

Edited by tracyscott76
Clarifying details of a season from about 15 years ago
45 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Speaking of bullshit, there's like 15 advantages/idols out there already. PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!

They're soon going to have to put up a stats column like on a sports broadcast; I can never remember who has an idol or half-idol or advantage or bitcoins or whatever else is out there.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Fake Jan Brady said:

They're soon going to have to put up a stats column like on a sports broadcast; I can never remember who has an idol or half-idol or advantage or bitcoins or whatever else is out there.

I actually think they do put it up under their name now but I never pay attention to it because I do not give a shit. Again, please make it stop!

• Love 2

Sandra bought an idol from Natalie.

Denise found the split idol, gave half to Adam, Adam gave it back to her so Denise has an idol.

Jeremy has the leave tribal council before the vote advantage.

Sarah has steal a vote.

Natalie has 3 fire tokens on exile.

Rob has two fire tokens.
I can’t remember who Dani gave her fire token to.

Sandra and Sarah have no fire tokens

• Useful 4

Danni gave her token to Denise and Ethan gave his token to Parvati. So they each have tow as well

As far as the strategy of weakening Rob (and Parvati) by voting out Ethan the only reason i can think to want to do that is because you want to work with people you are weakening. You just don't want them to have all the power.  If you didn't want to work with them than you could just vote them out

Edited by LanceM
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

As I understand it, everyone on the two tribes has one fire token left... Except for:

Sandra (who bought an Immunity Idol) and has zero. And Sarah, who used hers to buy the steal a vote advantage opportunity which she successfully won.

Jeremy's got one, still. Natalie gifted him hers, and then he bought a leave the tribal advantage with one.

Rob has two, his original plus one gifted by Amber.

Parvarti has two, original plus one gifted by Ethan.

Denise has two, original plus one gifted by... Danni, I guess?

Danni and Ethan and Amber now have zero tokens. And Natalie has three.

I would rather scenes from camp. Or more Tony!

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

When Michele spoke, Rob talked over her but when Jeremy jumped in, Rob was placated. 

Wow, how surprising!

giphy.gif

That was my reaction exactly. I think it's a gendered thing.

As for why they didn't vote off either Parvati or Rob - I think Michele and Jeremy want to work with them. Jeremy knows Rob from the poker game (that doesn't mean the poker alliance is actually a thing but just that they're friendly) and Parvati talked about working with Michele pre-game.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, mythoughtis said:

What is up with Denises’ hair ‘style?  She  had  beautiful hair on her other seasons,  this time it scares me every show. 

I am hoping it is a easy to care for while playing choice. I am about as bad at fashion as you can imagine and I know that style is awful.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

It was also the second immunity challenge that Rob has lost a puzzle race.  The mighty have fallen.

I couldn't believe they let him do the puzzle! However, I don't think that's what lost them the challenge at all. He and whoever he was working with came back from a huge deficit to being narrowly defeated.

And agreed with whoever said it above. No more puzzles for awhile.

I feel like the challenges are sort of the same thing (last season especially)! Let's get some fresh ideas! Just harness the power of the Simpsons that after 32 years has never repeated a story.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

The irony is the only way I see them moving forward is to ally with Adam and hope he gets Denise with him.

He can also hope there is a swap soon and that he will find better favor/negotiation room with the new tribe. Til then he can hope his tribe will make the point moot by winning immunities instead of chocking at them. That would clear his path quite a bit more than taking Adam underwing after he came gunning for his #1 and voted out caused the others to take out Ethan instead.

• Love 2

10 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I don't get why the people at Edge of Extinction, or Exile Island, or whatever the hell they're calling this stupid thing, are competing so hard against each other for advantages they have to give away. What's in it for them? A token? Oh, goodie. What does that get them? An extra blankie? A shish kebab? I mean, if this thing plays out like last time there will be 15 of them sitting there eventually and only one of them will get back into the game. Those aren't great odds. Unless the one with the most tokens gets to buy their way back into the game I don't see why they should care that much. 

I think they will be able to use the tokens to buy an advantage to use in the challenge for getting back in the game. And based on past seasons, advantages in challenges are often very helpful. Natalie could be in a good position if she has all the tokens.

They need to start selling the advantages back into the game for more tokens, so that players have to combine funds. Or give multiple people a right to bid. That could make it more interesting. Right now everyone is just buying what appears in their bag.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, simplyme said:

I think Jeremy wants more time to build relationships before his meat shield is removed.

11 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Jeremy knows that Natalie is likely to send stuff to him. Amber might said something to Rob but would Rob use it on Parvati?

This is what I think Jeremy's strategy is as well. As discussed last week, Parvati is Rob's #1 ally on the tribe (though not necessary vice versa—though now that Ethan's gone, that might have changed). Jeremy knows that it's possible Amber sold Rob an advantage from Edge of Extinction, so it makes it dangerous to target Rob directly. But he also can't tell anyone that without revealing that he was sold an advantage from Edge of Extinction. I also don't think Ethan was a bad pick in his own right. Ethan was in pretty much all discussions about the vote last week. Rob and Parvati are always going to be targets, but Ethan had the potential to be social threat while flying under the radar.

Speaking of Jeremy, I love that he appears to be tight with Michele. I think the two of them working together could go very deep in the game. I also love that Denise has voted for everyone on the tribe who has been sent to Edge of Extinction. She and Ben are the only ones, which means everyone's talking to them.

The other thing I loved is seeing was Yul and Sandra talk. The two of them could not be less alike in how they behave, but I would love to see them team up as well. For all the (deserved) reputation Sandra has as a firebrand, I think she plays a pretty rational game as well. It was clear that when Yul was talking about being worried about irrational players who might turn on him later on, he was talking about Tyson, not Sandra. The two of them together would probably have pretty good coverage of any tribe they were on—it seems to me that the people who would find it hard to talk to Yul would feel pretty comfortable talking to Sandra and vice versa.

• Love 15

Damnit, Man.  Ethan is one of my favs.  I know he has a chance to get back in the game but I was SO ready for the other tribe to lose so I could see if they would ax Sandra.

I don't even remember Adam so I was picking him for an early exit from episode 1.  He's kind of insufferable, isn't he?

Nat is really, really smart.  She's playing a helluva game albeit from EOE.  Rooting for her.

Cops R Us gets on my last nerve, mainly because of Sara.  I mean, I can't stand cops who have to remind you EVERY SECOND OF THE DAY that they're cops.  Give it a rest already.  NO ONE CARES.  "It's like serving a search warrant...blah, blah, blah."  SHUUUUUUTTTTT UUUUUPPPPP!  <Insert Elaine Benes Scream>

So as much as I can't stand Sara, Tony is still TV gold.  First Tony and the Ladder.  Last night, Tony and the Shark.  Tony and the Ashes.  I feel like there's a goldmine to be found in a series of children's books that could be written about Tony's escapades but I don't know how to illustrate.  However if someone more artistically inclined wants to partner up with me, I'm all ears.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Yul sometimes calls Sandra "Sondra" too, right? Like how Tony does? I don't know why I find it so funny, but I do. It's not quite Fransesskwah funny, but still.

Count me in with the people who love Tony and find him entertaining. In fact, I love pretty much everyone on that tribe and hope they keep winning.

I hope Natalie comes back and soon. I don't know how long they're dragging Extinction but hopefully it'll be over before it goes too deep in the game.

• Love 3

I just remember last night thinking she was 'calling in for back up' in sneaking into the camp at night and I was laughing at how terrible a decision that would be. When she mentioned it I said out loud 'Oh no, not that s***!' quickly there after 'OMG she's going to take the s***!!' Just picturing hyper Tony trying to sneak about in the dark was like a cartoon.

• LOL 4
On 2/26/2020 at 10:48 PM, LanceM said:

It breaks up a strong trio. As to why Ethan over those two I can only guess that they are more open to working with Parvati and Rob then they were with Ethan

Which ImO is stupid if they want to win. Rob and parv gots to go 

• Love 1
On 2/26/2020 at 11:53 PM, TVFan1 said:

Never really cared one way or the other about Ethan, so losing him doesn't matter to me. Should have voted out Rob or Parvati, though. Another perfect opportunity to do so, and again those two get by again. 

Waiting for Dakal to lose a challenge and want to see someone go. I'm probably in the minority, but I can't stand Tony. He would be my #1 pick for being booted from that tribe next. He's not funny or entertaining, he's annoying.

I can't stand Tony either for the same reasons as you 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Sandra bought an idol from Natalie.

Denise found the split idol, gave half to Adam, Adam gave it back to her so Denise has an idol.

Jeremy has the leave tribal council before the vote advantage.

Sarah has steal a vote.

Natalie has 3 fire tokens on exile.

Rob has two fire tokens.
I can’t remember who Dani gave her fire token to.

Sandra and Sarah have no fire tokens

Kim also found a split idol, and gave half to Sophie, yes? Which all just goes to show, there are too many things. And Sandra's idol was only good for three tribal councils, but was it three in total, or three she went to? If it was three in total it's dead now. So many things, overcomplicating what could be an interesting season. 

• Love 5
On 2/26/2020 at 8:23 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Sarah sneaking into Sele camp was somewhat fun and tense, but I hope the show doesn't make a habit of it. 

Don't get your hopes up too much.  Between it happening both in this season and the last, and the missions being "successful" both times, I'm expecting this to become a new regular thing going forward.

On 2/26/2020 at 8:03 PM, Rachel RSL said:

Oh Adam lol. I don’t know why I like that kid but I just do. Too bad he has a target the size of the Earth on him now.

I do not understand that vote at all. They want to weaken Rob and Parvati so they vote out Ethan. Ok fine but why not just vote out Rob or Parvati??

Multiple reasons:

Voting Ethan wasn't just to weaken Rob and Parvati; it also sent a message to Adam.  Voting for her was his idea...as was him telling Rob and Ethan about it.  Voting Parvati would let Adam think his gambit was successful and he pulled off hiding in the middle.  Voting Adam would let Rob keep control of the game.  Voting Ethan let everyone show Adam that he dun goofed, but still let the foursome of Jeremy, Michelle, Denise, and Ben have control.

As for not voting Rob instead:  For one, they do still need him for challenges.  He is still the best all-arounder in Survivor history, and they're on a losing streak.  Better to use him while you still can.  Jeremy has some other reasons though.  He still wants to try to work with Rob (shades of the poker alliance).  But Jeremy also knows that advantages come for sale from EoE.  If Amber found one, she'd sell it to Rob, no question.  So keeping him could make him waste an advantage on himself (or Parvati, given the circumstances of this vote), if he had one.

On 2/26/2020 at 8:51 PM, TAG42481 said:

There are two types of mystery novels - there are those where you can "play along" and try to guess whodunit, and there are those where even if you pay attention to everything, an obscure character commits the crime and there's no way for you to see it coming.  I really enjoy the first kind of novels, LOATHE the second kind of novel.

There are two types of Survivor episodes - there are those where you can "play along" and try to guess who's getting voted off, and there are those where even if you pay attention to everything, a person is voted off who you couldn't possibly see coming from the edit that CBS gives you.  I really enjoy the first kind of episodes, LOATHE the second kind of episodes.

We had no idea that Ethan's name was going to get written down.  And I can't call it a lazy edit by CBS, but I just despise it.  I want to know what's going on, not get blindsided.  I don't have any feeling for or against Ethan, I just hate it when episodes turn out like that.

As was mentioned, there was the one hint from Michelle that Ethan might be the way to go so as to accomplish both the goals of weakening Rob and not letting Adam think he was in control either.

There's been other "surprise" boots in the past; ones more surprising than this one.  I can't think of any offhand, but I know they happened.

On 2/26/2020 at 9:03 PM, tracyscott76 said:

If they do this, they better show Sophie sitting there stone-faced while everyone else is enjoying the movie.

Or get a TH from her saying "Better than the last movie I watched on Survivor."

On 2/26/2020 at 9:20 PM, marys1000 said:

I dont think Ive understood one vote off this season except maybe Amber.

Parvati was all lined ip, why complicate it? 

Only rhing I can think of is Michelke and Jeremy have an alliance with her.....but Rob is in the dark?

It's not that Jeremy and Michelle are allies with Parvati and/or Rob.  It's that they want to be allies with them.

On 2/26/2020 at 9:51 PM, Alice Mudgarden said:

I think the move to vote out Ethan, as much as it hurt to lose him, was quite smart. I actually think he was the most dangerous one of the three - just look at how well he was able to integrate with the "new school" players in a tribe with such a focus on "old school vs. new school" - and Rob and Parvati weren't expecting it at all; neither was Adam.

Kind of the same result, albeit for different reasoning, as the infamous Edgardo vote in Fiji. Parvati knows her name's been thrown out, Rob is Rob and would also be why Parvati knows... either one would be right to logically think the target could be on them. But Ethan? They wouldn't see an Ethan vote coming, just like the four horsemen didn't see the Edgardo one coming.

I was rather pleased at how that turned out, the fact that it was Ethan who was the vote casualty aside. It was a thought out strike, imo.

This was definitely a case of going for the 3rd Horseman...just without idol blowback as a reason.

On 2/27/2020 at 12:46 AM, BK1978 said:

How do they know about the statues of Rob and Sandra?  Was production really that lazy that they did not take them down?  I thought there was a month or so between this season and last season.

If so that is sort of messed up, I mean they were already both at a huge disadvantage but having statues of them makes it worst.

The statues are still there.  And they're huge.  It'd be difficult to just "take them down".  Perhaps they will/did in the larger off-season between this season and S41, but there wasn't enough time to do so between S39 and now.

Or, the Fijian government might still want the heads around, as part of a tourist attraction. 

16 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Sandra has never been good at challenges. She knows that. Her tribe knows that. Everyone knows that. Sandra sitting out is the best thing for the tribe and I think everyone knows that. The way she raises her hands gleefully and bounces off makes me think that the Tribe has already discussed it and knows its best. And yeah the Queen comment was there. It is best for her competitors to remind people of that.

Except she didn't do that this time.   It looked to me like they were considering having her in the challenge until they actually saw what it was.   Then Sandra pointed out specifically that she wouldn't be able to do the opening Ninja Warrior part.  If she had tried, she would have failed multiple times and Dakal would have lost.  That's why she sat out this time.

If the challenge had been structured so that not everyone had to do that part, like if the puzzle solvers were already at the top of the tower, and only had to wait for the rest of their tribe to get up there to start solving, I wager that Sandra would have taken a position that allowed her to participate.

16 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Oh, and whatever happened to Jeff's "the same player can't sit out two challenges in a row?"

As stated, that only applies when there's two tribal challenges between TCs; one RC and one IC.  When there's combined challenges, like there are this season, that rule gets nullified.

14 hours ago, iMonrey said:

As noted, there are advantages for the return competitions for sale as well.  And that's worth saving up for.  It does also technically mean that the one with the most tokens could buy their way back into the game, if they only purchase those advantages and manage to use them to win their way back into the main game.

11 hours ago, Jobiska said:

So did they pay royalties for "Baby Shark" because they couldn't bear not to show Tony singing it? 

It was less than 30 seconds, and he turned it into a "parody" right away ("Sandra Shark").  I don't think they have to pay in either of those circumstances.

8 hours ago, Fake Jan Brady said:

That's what the Tribe Tracker thread I made is for.  I keep track of all of it, so you don't have to.

And from the article on the main site:

After Natalie sends Sarah an offer to buy an advantage (curious that Natalie didn't send this to Jeremy, who still has one fire token left to, ahem, burn, raising questions about whether there were restrictions on who Natalie could sell to and in turn why Sarah, with whom she's never had any alliance that we know of),

As Sarah herself noted, she's the first one to successfully play a Steal-a-Vote and get her target voted off.  She's the ideal person to know how to use this advantage to her advantage.  So it makes sense that she would be the first to get the opportunity at the opportunity.

Besides, Natalie might be waiting for a better advantage, like another one with immunity, to sell to her main ally Jeremy.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, SVNBob said:

As was mentioned, there was the one hint from Michelle that Ethan might be the way to go so as to accomplish both the goals of weakening Rob and not letting Adam think he was in control either.

There's been other "surprise" boots in the past; ones more surprising than this one.  I can't think of any offhand, but I know they happened.

David vs. Goliath did this a couple of times. The John boot (the wrestler) in particular seemed to come out of nowhere, until you remembered an earlier moment where someone was talking about targeting "the leader" of a group, and while they said this, they showed John very quickly. It was so subtle, and atypical of the usual telegraphed editing. Also, Christian had been discussed as a potential boot many times, but the episode where he was finally voted out, I don't believe he was mentioned at all. They really shook up the editing that season, to good effect, I think.

Back to this season: one thing that struck me about the Rob/Parvati/Ethan alliance is, whenever others would be talking about them and how they had to break them up, they'd be showing footage of the three of them talking, smiling, laughing, etc. They really seemed like they were a fun group having a good time. Made the others in that tribe look kind of grim in comparison, especially when you also throw in the breadfruit-harvesting/shark-wrestling antics going on at the other tribe.

Edited by tracyscott76
Grammar is my friend
9 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

He can also hope there is a swap soon and that he will find better favor/negotiation room with the new tribe. Til then he can hope his tribe will make the point moot by winning immunities instead of chocking at them. That would clear his path quite a bit more than taking Adam underwing after he came gunning for his #1 and voted out caused the others to take out Ethan instead.

All of them were going for Parvati.  Adam just let Rob know about it.

8 hours ago, Hera said:

Speaking of Jeremy, I love that he appears to be tight with Michele.

The other thing I loved is seeing was Yul and Sandra talk. 

This is what I love so much about this season - watching these groups form.  For instance, Jeremy and Michele is the duo that I never knew I wanted until it happened.  Yul and Sophie are perfect together -add in Nick and Wendell and I'm in love.  And then there are the quick moments of bonding that we get to see - Rob telling Ethan that he looks great.  Sandra asking Tony if there were any hard feelings between them.  Sophie geeking out that Yul asked her on a date to be in an alliance.  Wendell calling Sandra "queen" and her shushing him.  I'm here for all of it.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Steph Sometimes said:

Yul sometimes calls Sandra "Sondra" too, right? Like how Tony does? I don't know why I find it so funny, but I do. It's not quite Fransesskwah funny, but still.

I found this funny too. It's one thing when Tony does it, but when Yul does it, I start to think everyone else has been saying it wrong, because Yul is always right lol.

I couldn't stand Tony on his season (because I thought everyone especially dimwit Woo handed him the win) but I'm finding him super entertaining on this season. 

• Love 7

Do players on the Edge of Extinction know how many tokens a player on a tribe has?  For example, Sandra bought the advantage offered to her and has no tokens. Denise has two because she has her original one and was bequeathed Danni’s.  Does Natalie know who has currency to buy what she’s trying to sell them? 

I'm just watching now - couldnt watch earlier than this morning.

I think Tony should have made the ladders for the immunity challenge.

I wish they would have voted Adam out. I am tired of him being the narrator; he's so earnest and reasonable, of course you have to see things his way. But he got a warning.

Poor Ethan, I wanted him to remain.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Do players on the Edge of Extinction know how many tokens a player on a tribe has?  For example, Sandra bought the advantage offered to her and has no tokens. Denise has two because she has her original one and was bequeathed Danni’s.  Does Natalie know who has currency to buy what she’s trying to sell them? 

Natalie would have no way of knowing who else besides Jeremy got tokens bequeathed to them unless the other Exiles told her (although she surely assumed that Rob got Amber's). But I'm guessing that part of the reason she offered the latest advantage to Sarah instead of Jeremy is that she knew Jeremy had already spent that "extra" token he got from Natalie, and wouldn't want to spend his last one and the advantage would go to waste. So she's basically offering the advantages blind and making educated guesses on who's likely to want them enough to buy them.

It will be harder for her to make these guesses once more people show up and she's (theoretically) not the only one making the offers.

Edited by tracyscott76
41 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Unless the other arrivals are telling people who they gave their token to, there would be no way for someone on EoE to know who has what. And even that could be a guess because tokens can be pooled together to buy things at camp. We have not seen that happen but it is possible. We saw the shopping list in the first episode. I doubt that the people on EoE would be told that anyone bought something in the game.

Natalie is probably going to limit her sales to people she thinks could use them and who she thinks has tokens. She is also limited by the advantage, she had to sell the immunity to someone on the losing tribe, which is why she sold it to Sandra. I have not seen similar restrictions on the other advantages that she sold.

• Useful 1

Haven't read through all 4 pages, so if someone already said this- sorry for the repeat. I understand why they want to keep Rob for now, he kicks ass in challenges. They already suck, so without him they'd have NO chance. Ethan was also really good in challenges, so sticking with the Parv vote was the smarter move. Who cares if Rob knows that they are voting off Parv? You have the numbers, just do it!! I really like Ethan so am bummed.

• Love 3
On 2/26/2020 at 9:47 PM, Josh371982 said:

Sounds like Scared to me with Stupid in there as well. Rob and Parv gots to go if they want to win

I expect Rob at least to be dumped sooner than later due to his terrible play in the challenges. He’s admittedly blown two of them, and no one even uses it against him. I’m really disappointed in his non-existent gameplay, and even his statements in Tribal Council are lacking in any salient content. He doesn’t seem to care this outing, and maybe he feels that way because of Ambuh being voted out.  It took way too long for him to realize that Sandra is no ally.  Rob never was the brightest, but he had physicality and intimidation to make up for it. He’s living on his past reputation. I respect Sandra’s game, but I never could warm up to her. Natalie is one of the smarter players for sure.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, thejuicer said:

I found this funny too. It's one thing when Tony does it, but when Yul does it, I start to think everyone else has been saying it wrong, because Yul is always right lol.

I couldn't stand Tony on his season (because I thought everyone especially dimwit Woo handed him the win) but I'm finding him super entertaining on this season. 

This, exactly, for me too.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, cheetahchirps said:

I expect Rob at least to be dumped sooner than later due to his terrible play in the challenges. He’s admittedly blown two of them, and no one even uses it against him. I’m really disappointed in his non-existent gameplay, and even his statements in Tribal Council are lacking in any salient content. He doesn’t seem to care this outing, and maybe he feels that way because of Ambuh being voted out.  It took way too long for him to realize that Sandra is no ally.  Rob never was the brightest, but he had physicality and intimidation to make up for it. He’s living on his past reputation. I respect Sandra’s game, but I never could warm up to her. Natalie is one of the smarter players for sure.

Rob's only "admittedly blown" one challenge (the one last week where he stopped to sort the pieces). This latest one, he and Michele were starting the puzzle well behind and actually closed the gap and only had one piece left when the other tribe finished. He has certainly helped keep them in the running in the other challenges, including vaulting people over the roller in the first episode. So that's probably why no one is using his challenge performance against him. Plus challenge performance doesn't seem to be as much of a "thing" in all-returnee seasons because of all the cross-alliances.

And Sandra's vendetta against him seems to be something she's holding close to the vest, so I'm not sure how Rob is supposed to realize that she's no ally (especially since they're on different tribes and he didn't see exactly how the Amber vote went down).

Finally, maybe Rob was never "the brightest" but he was no fool, certainly not from All-Stars on, and didn't need physicality and intimidation to make up for any lack of smarts. He never would have done as well as he has if he was just some muscle-head.

Sandra said on this episode that this season would be her last.  Being away from their families and on the islands as often as she and Rob have is no small thing.  Rob and Sandra have both been on this island two straight sessions.  It has to wear you down. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, SVNBob said:

As Sarah herself noted, she's the first one to successfully play a Steal-a-Vote and get her target voted off.  She's the ideal person to know how to use this advantage to her advantage.  So it makes sense that she would be the first to get the opportunity at the opportunity.

Besides, Natalie might be waiting for a better advantage, like another one with immunity, to sell to her main ally Jeremy.

Also, I wonder if Natalie knew that she wasn't selling the Steal-a-Vote itself, but only the chance to try to retrieve it from the other camp. If she knew it involved having to sneak away from your own tribe and then sneak into the unknown camp, she might have thought that Jeremy wouldn't risk it since he already had one advantage, and getting this one was going to be iffy. Or ... maybe it would be iffy. I don't know that the sneaking around a dark camp and trying not to wake anyone is quite as fraught as they make it seem. The camera and production people are often walking around shooting footage while the players are sleeping, so unless someone is awake tending the fire, for example, another player could probably stroll in and not necessarily draw any attention. In the past, players have said that after a couple of days, they don't pay any attention to the production people and the cameras. Not saying that it's easy, but both Sarah and Vince managed it without anyone seeming to notice.

• Love 3
On 2/27/2020 at 11:17 AM, tracyscott76 said:

I'll just be over here enjoying the footage of Parvati going in and out of the water while the others discuss how dangerous she is.

Yes that was one of the more beautiful sequences, it almost looked like a cruise line ad.

• Love 5