Type keyword(s) to search

S40.E03: Out for Blood

festivus
  • Start Topic

The new-school players attempt to take control against the old-school players in an effort to change up the game. Chaos ensues on Edge of Extinction when an opportunity presents itself.

Original airdate 2/26/2020

In case the lock function is still malfunctioning- there is no discussion in this thread until the episode has ended. 

Heartless assholes voted out a cancer survivor.  

Michelle, anyone who gets enough votes to win Survivor deserves to win Survivor, but that doesn’t mean it’s not stupid.  You suck.  You too, smirky Jeremy.

Rob.  Rob. Robbbbbbbb. Can you please start winning for cod’s sack?  We’re never going to have the opportunity to be rid of Sandra and Tony at this rate.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23

If there was any bright side to tonight's vote, Adam looked more surprised than the guy who got blindsided.  At least he knows he isn't running things.

I can't stand Michele, so I hate that she got her way.  Since when are she and Jeremy a duo?  That whole tribe made my head spin tonight.  Denise/Adam saying they are on the bottom, everyone complaining about Rob/Parvati/Ethan running things (when they could have voted them off already).  

The biggest highlight was Sarah enlisting Tony to help her sneak into the other tribe's camp.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 20

Dammit. So far three of the people I was most interested in seeing have gone (Amber, Danni and Ethan). Nothing against Adam, but I would really have preferred it if he had left instead.

I'm ready to see the dynamics on the other tribe play out in a vote. One-sided Survivor isn't as fun.

Tony continues to amuse, at least.

1 minute ago, mojoween said:

Heartless assholes voted out a cancer survivor.  

Michelle, anyone who gets enough votes to win Survivor deserves to win Survivor, but that doesn’t mean it’s not stupid.  You suck.  You too, smirky Jeremy.

Rob.  Rob. Robbbbbbbb. Can you please start winning for cod’s sack?  We’re never going to have the opportunity to be rid of Sandra and Tony at this rate.

WORD to this whole post!!  Especially getting rid of Sandra and Tony.  I am shocked that I find myself rooting for Rob.

I wanted Ethan to win. 😞. I'm officially sad now.

• Love 21

Dang it.  I wanted to see the votes. I’m guessing Adam voted Parvati; Rob, Ethan, and Parv voted Adam; and everyone else voted Ethan?  I did love seeing the smirk wiped from Rob’s face when the Ethan votes started coming up, but why are they not voting him out????

Sarah spitting into the ashes and having a cloud blow up in her face was funny. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Rachel RSL said:

Oh Adam lol. I don’t why I like that kid but I just do. Too bad he has a target the size of the Earth on him now.

I do not understand that vote at all. They want to weaken Rob and Parvati so they vote out Ethan. Ok fine but why not just vote out Rob or Parvati??

That challenge was intense! I’m dreading the inevitable tribe swap. It’s so convenient right now when all my faves are on the same tribe. And keep winning!

Ben can stfu with his crap about Parvati being dangerous because she can bat her eyes. Yes, she’s pretty but girlfriend has a brain! I will never forget in HvV when she basically made her entire tribe immune. 

Cops R Us might be my favourite alliance ever. Tony amuses me so much! 😂

If you find the answer to that, please let me know.  Seriously, everyone's afraid of Rob, afraid of upsetting the godfather, but...no one wants to take him out!  And Adam really thought Rob would just go along with voting out Parvati, and not try to save her?

I love the red tribe, too.  I hope they switch it up this season, don't do a tribe swap, and let them keep winning.  They are so much fun over there.  I never cared for Sarah, but I loved her and Tony tonight.

• Love 10
Just now, LanceM said:

Am I crazy or the only person really bring up the whole Robfather thing is Adam?  It is only him really that seems deftly afrain of him. lol.  

Ben was at least in awe of Rob at the beginning, but that seems to have passed.

I enjoy the red tribe, but I can't agree that I want them to keep winning. I don't like when one tribe dominates the opening act, so to speak. I'm sure a swap is coming soon, so it will be a moot point.

5 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I do not understand that vote at all. They want to weaken Rob and Parvati so they vote out Ethan. Ok fine but why not just vote out Rob or Parvati??

I can understand the reason for voting out Ethan. Rob and Parvati have no allies now and it's only week four so there will be plenty of time to go after them. They will always be the biggest target unlike Ethan who can go far if left in the game.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16

At least we got a break from the condescending "the game is moving too fast for the old schoolers!" talk this week.

Are we going to see Tony on a ladder every episode now? Because that would be alright.

1 minute ago, PaperTree said:

I love Ethan and am sad to see him go, but he foolishly fell in with the vipers, Rob and Parv, and got bitten.  

No one can be trusted in this game, but those two are among the most famous brilliant backstabbers.

And yet there they still are, 3 votes later. Parvati was at least temporarily in danger but still only got one vote. It's ridiculous and uncanny. And awesome for me while it lasts XD

4 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

I love Ethan and am sad to see him go, but he foolishly fell in with the vipers, Rob and Parv, and got bitten.  

No one can be trusted in this game, but those two are among the most famous brilliant backstabbers.

He allied with the people he knows and in Parvati's case someone he has been close friends with for over 10 years. And don't think the other players don't know the fact especially a supernerd like Adam.

Oh as far as "notorious backstabber" Parvati goes she has in all 3 seasons she has played been extremely loyal to her #1. 

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 8

....Adam, I like you, but you just signed your own vote-out warrant. He better be hoping for a tribe swap, at this point. I'm sad for Ethan, who didn't deserve to be collateral. All these dummies needed to do was vote out Parv or Rob. 

For the record, I do like Rob and Parvati but I genuinely want to see others get to play. But genuinely, if nobody is even willing to get rid of them sooner rather than later, then that's on them. 

Sarah sneaking into Sele camp was somewhat fun and tense, but I hope the show doesn't make a habit of it. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

And yet there they still are, 3 votes later. Parvati was at least temporarily in danger but still only got one vote. It's ridiculous and uncanny. And awesome for me while it lasts XD

That's why I consider them brilliant.  I still want them to lose.

• Love 1
Just now, cdnalor said:

Really, how stealthy does she have to be when there's already a cameraman and maybe a sound guy moving around the camp?  These stealth missions seem stupid to me.

And they made sure to throw in that footage of Ben not just stirring, but lifting up his head suddenly with eyes wide open, to make us think he heard Sarah clunking the torches around. Are we supposed to believe that if he had actually heard her, that the Marine wouldn't be able to tell where the noise was coming from and notice her there? C'mon, show, don't do stuff like that XD

1 minute ago, Maggie Mae said:

Am I mistaken or did Ethan put his fire token in Parvati's box?  I thought you had to bequeath it to someone on the other tribe.  

My Natalie love grows more and more as she dominates EoE

I think they can give them to whoever they want.  Natalie gave hers to Jeremy, Amber to Rob, and Danni to Denise.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Am I mistaken or did Ethan put his fire token in Parvati's box?  I thought you had to bequeath it to someone on the other tribe.  

My Natalie love grows more and more as she dominates EoE

He did give it to Parvati. The fire tokens can go to whomever you like. The first advantage Natalie found, which she sold to Sandra, had to go to someone on the LOSING tribe, which turned out to be the other tribe. But otherwise it doesn't seem to matter.

25 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Blech. Red Tribe can suck it. Not really a fan of anyone over there, except maybe Yul.

Adam should have gone. I wanted Ethan to stay. He's had so much to overcome already. I hate Michelle now. And her bright yellow is making my eyes burn.

Rooting for Rob and Parvati. Everyone else can drown.

Yeah Fuck Rob and Parv. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I think they can give them to whoever they want.  Natalie gave hers to Jeremy, Amber to Rob, and Danni to Denise.

And they were all on the other tribe.  What they find on EoE can go to anyone.  Wasn't that explained a while back.

Okay...I went back and realized that Natalie and Jeremy were on the same tribe.  Doh!

Edited by Maggie Mae

And they were all on the other tribe.  What they find on EoE can go to anyone.  Wasn't that explained a while back.

Amber and Rob were on opposite tribes, but Natalie/Jeremy and Danni/Denise were on the same tribe as each other.

8 minutes ago, cdnalor said:

Really, how stealthy does she have to be when there's already a cameraman and maybe a sound guy moving around the camp?  These stealth missions seem stupid to me.

That’s what I was thinking too.

Why don’t they show who voted for who at the end during the credits anymore?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Yeah I'm sorry but Fuck Tony and Fuck Sarah. Do not find Tony Entertaining and I'll detest Sarah helping him. And I do not understand why Rob and Parv 2 PEOPLE scare 5 other people so much 

Edited by Josh371982
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, SoWindsor said:

That’s what I was thinking too.

With EOE, they don't do the final words or show the votes.  Instead, we just see the person show up at EOE.

I'm still laughing at the look on Adam's face.  He really though this plan was fool-proof.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Josh371982 said:

Yeah I'm sorry but Fuck Tony and Fuck Sarah. Do not find Tony Entertaining and I'll detest Sarah helping him. And I do not understand why Rob and Parv 2 PEOPLE scare 5 other people so much 

They don't. Not everyone on the tribe wants to vote them out. We saw Jeremy and Michele flat out say they had no intention of following the vote out Parvati plan. The edit as usual is being very misleading

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LanceM said:

They don't. Not everyone on the tribe wants to vote them out. We saw Jeremy and Michele flat out say they had no intention of following the vote out Parvati plan. The edit as usual is being very misleading

Sounds like Scared to me with Stupid in there as well. Rob and Parv gots to go if they want to win

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

Thank you!  I had no idea those were posted there — great little resource to have in these episodes when the votes aren’t shown.

I have no idea who posts them.  But I agree, it's annoying when they cut them off, especially if they don't read all the votes. I get why they wouldn't show them in earlier seasons when the first tie breaker was votes against, but now that we've got rocks and fires and who knows what else they'll pull, it doesn't really justify keeping the vote a secret.

Unless it's too add more Tony ladder footage to the show, then I am on board.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Somanydogs said:

I am so effing sick of Rob and Parvati.  Why have they not been voted off?

Because I deserve to be happy.

27 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Rob and Parvati (I hate the abbreviated name Parv - stupid name that sounds like Parm as in Chicken Parm) didn't backstab Ethan. Parvati and Ethan are good friends and Rob and Ethan have played together before.

7 minutes ago, Josh371982 said:

Yeah Fuck Rob and Parv. 

You responded to the wrong person clearly.

• Love 11
Just now, grandmabegum said:

Unless it's too add more Tony ladder footage to the show, then I am on board.

I anticipate a scene in a future episode where Tony is climbing a ladder with a small shark clamped down on his arm.

9 minutes ago, SoWindsor said:

I'm thinking it's a time constraint thing -- given one they put on themselves. I post upthread that the votes are on the wikipedia page.

1 minute ago, tvgoddess said:
31 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Rob and Parvati (I hate the abbreviated name Parv - stupid name that sounds like Parm as in Chicken Parm) didn't backstab Ethan. Parvati and Ethan are good friends and Rob and Ethan have played together before.

To be fair, I don't think they meant that Rob and Parvati backstabbed Ethan. Just that their reputation as brilliant backstabbers (justified or not) makes them risky allies because you can get caught in the crossfire.

Because I deserve to be happy.

You responded to the wrong person clearly.

Nothing against you. But their smugness and arrogance needs dealt with. Tired of idiots keeping them around 

• Love 8

There are two types of mystery novels - there are those where you can "play along" and try to guess whodunit, and there are those where even if you pay attention to everything, an obscure character commits the crime and there's no way for you to see it coming.  I really enjoy the first kind of novels, LOATHE the second kind of novel.

There are two types of Survivor episodes - there are those where you can "play along" and try to guess who's getting voted off, and there are those where even if you pay attention to everything, a person is voted off who you couldn't possibly see coming from the edit that CBS gives you.  I really enjoy the first kind of episodes, LOATHE the second kind of episodes.

We had no idea that Ethan's name was going to get written down.  And I can't call it a lazy edit by CBS, but I just despise it.  I want to know what's going on, not get blindsided.  I don't have any feeling for or against Ethan, I just hate it when episodes turn out like that.

• Love 21

I never said they backstabbed Ethan (they didn't), just that they are historically brilliant backstabbers and should be voted off asap.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TAG42481 said:

There are two types of mystery novels - there are those where you can "play along" and try to guess whodunit, and there are those where even if you pay attention to everything, an obscure character commits the crime and there's no way for you to see it coming.  I really enjoy the first kind of novels, LOATHE the second kind of novel.

There are two types of Survivor episodes - there are those where you can "play along" and try to guess who's getting voted off, and there are those where even if you pay attention to everything, a person is voted off who you couldn't possibly see coming from the edit that CBS gives you.  I really enjoy the first kind of episodes, LOATHE the second kind of episodes.

We had no idea that Ethan's name was going to get written down.  And I can't call it a lazy edit by CBS, but I just despise it.  I want to know what's going on, not get blindsided.  I don't have any feeling for or against Ethan, I just hate it when episodes turn out like that.

We did have an idea. They showed Jeremy and Michele talking about how best to weaken Rob, and one of them (I think Michele) said that Ethan might be a better play than Parvati.

5 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

I never said they backstabbed Ethan (they didn't), just that they are historically brilliant backstabbers and should be voted off asap.

I'm sure they won't make it anywhere close to the end. It's still extremely early in the game.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

We did have an idea. They showed Jeremy and Michele talking about how best to weaken Rob, and one of them (I think Michele) said that Ethan might be a better play than Parvati.

So we get a single throw-away line?  Meh.

• Love 4