Type keyword(s) to search

S40.E03: Out for Blood

festivus
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

I anticipate a scene in a future episode where Tony is climbing a ladder with a small shark clamped down on his arm.

I'd very much like there to be a movie night reward and for them to show Jacob's Ladder and Tony is just like, "I've been thinking too small."

I have not seen the movie so I don't know if my little understanding of the story is accurate, but I want to see Tony attempt it.

Edited by grandmabegum
Make that one of a triple post. Sheesh!
  • LOL 5
55 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Heartless assholes voted out a cancer survivor.  

Michelle, anyone who gets enough votes to win Survivor deserves to win Survivor, but that doesn’t mean it’s not stupid.  You suck.  You too, smirky Jeremy.

Rob.  Rob. Robbbbbbbb. Can you please start winning for cod’s sack?  We’re never going to have the opportunity to be rid of Sandra and Tony at this rate.

So, when Ethan got on the show, everyone was supposed to lay down and let him win? Strange, since I have always heard those called "sob stories" that don't make someone entitled to win. 

The anti-Michelle stuff? Whatever. Another young woman who gets the hate. What are you going to do? 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, TAG42481 said:

So we get a single throw-away line?  Meh.

Well it was more than a throw-away line. It was a strategy discussion, and his name was put out there as a possibility. It was a clue, to use the mystery novel analogy. I personally find it interesting when they do things like that, rather than making all the potential boots super obvious each time.

9 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

I anticipate a scene in a future episode where Tony is climbing a ladder with a small shark clamped down on his arm.

I'd very much like there to be a movie night reward and for them to show Jacob's Ladder and Tony is just like, "I've been thinking too small."

I have not seen the movie so I don't know if my little understanding of the story is accurate, but I want to see Tony attempt it.

• LOL 2

Adam is an idiot. Really? Going to Rob and telling him the plan? After going to Ethan and telling him the plan? (Eye roll)

And oh my god that backfired on Adam. Shock! Stun! Amazement!

They should have voted Rob off but I guess he is the more obvious vote. Ethan is chill and approachable. A nice guy with an amazing backstory. Rob had a statue built for him. Parvati was Adam’s choice and doesn’t seem to be making the cOnnections that Ethan was.

Ben seems to have calmed down

oh, and Adam gave Denise the idol half so she has a full idol.

adam really is an idiot.

on the other side, Tony is Tony. Sandra is actually trying to be useful. Sarah sucks at stealth. Tyson has a target on his back. Sandra still sucks at challenges.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

Edited by grandmabegum
Sorry double post - page reloading
Just now, grandmabegum said:

If they do this, they better show Sophie sitting there stone-faced while everyone else is enjoying the movie.

2 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

It was kind of telegraphed halfway through Tribal Council. As soon as Ethan said, I don't know about bunkers, I felt he was gone.

I felt it when he said something along the lines of not thinking too far ahead in case he wasn't there, then a shot of Michele trying not to smile.  I felt like Adam was too good to be true (for me anyway), Parvati was way too obvious, so it was probably going to be someone else.  I really thought they were going to go for Rob.  

That said, I hope Michele/Jeremy don't get too high on their horse about this move.  Keep making them from now until they end/whenever they get voted off and then I'll be impressed.  Voting off Rob or Parvati made more sense than Ethan.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

We did have an idea. They showed Jeremy and Michele talking about how best to weaken Rob, and one of them (I think Michele) said that Ethan might be a better play than Parvati.

We also had a big clue at Tribal  when Ethan said something along the lines of I can't think ahead if I'm not here. At that exact moment the 'dread' music played. I knew then it was Ethan

😞

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
48 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

moot

That's a 'moo' point, like a cow's opinion-- it doesn't matter ! ( Credit to Joey Tribianni on Friends, ha.)

I'm with everyone who's wondering why they are not voting Rob or Parvarti out-- why go for Ethan instead ? Why the go around ? I'm not saying getting Ethan out is a bad thing for them, but the other 2 are much more dangerous, imo. Oh well, who knows why they do anything ? Maybe we are already seeing why Extinction Island hurt the last season when they had it, it takes away from time when we can see conversations at the camps that might give us an idea of why they vote a certain way at tribal. I don't dislike being surprised, but this one just confuses me.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

My only explanation for Adam's play is he has basically incepted himself into Survivor. He's taken all his social relationships with these people and assumed they've translated into game relationships. When the game wipes the slate clean. Trust doesn't come gift-wrapped because you played poker or you all went to Rob Cesternino's birthday party together or you have the same manager.

Someone who relies as strongly on his relationships as Adam does is handicapped in a season like this, where they all know each other. It's two million dollars. Pre-game alliances are out the window.

Put away your All Stars DVDs, Adam. It's 2020. Time to play the game with these people as they are now, not the people you know socially.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

Tony putting ashes on his fellow cop's face was hilarious. I knew he'd be totally on board. My theory is that people who invade other tribe's camps never get caught because the sleepers always assume any noises are made by cameramen sneaking around. 

Poor Ethan. I hope he's okay. This is a lot to put his post-chemo body through. 

Speaking of hilarious, why is no one voting out Rob or Sandra? Why Ethan and not Rob? It's just confirmation that Rob and Sandra have that special something that gets them to the end. 

That said, Yul is my personal favorite. I love how logical he is. And I like Ben. Don't ask me why. I just do. 

Finally, am I the only one who mutes the sound during the challenges? Between Jeff yelling and the music swelling to hysterical proportions, I cannot take it. Without sound, it's just people on a beach playing a game. I enjoy it, but don't end up with an anxiety stomachache. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

My only explanation for Adam's play is he has basically incepted himself into Survivor. He's taken all his social relationships with these people and assumed they've translated into game relationships. When the game wipes the slate clean. Trust doesn't come gift-wrapped because you played poker or you all went to Rob Cesternino's birthday party together or you have the same manager.

Someone who relies as strongly on his relationships as Adam does is handicapped in a season like this, where they all know each other. It's two million dollars. Pre-game alliances are out the window.

Put away your All Stars DVDs, Adam. It's 2020. Time to play the game with these people as they are now, not the people you know socially.

I think there's a certain someone from AS that learned this lesson the hard way 😉  When the episode opened, and we got a TH of Adam saying how this is winners at war, and Rob needs to adapt and play more like him, I have to believe that TPTB were poking fun at him-especially with how this episode went.  Adam is reminding me how he really had no game except his social relationships during MvsGX.  His strategic level is terrible.  I mean, telling Rob of the plan to blindside his closest ally, and making him the promise he'll be safe (which, how can Adam guarantee that?)  I think Adam is just trying to find big moves to make, and doesn't know what it's like actually playing with the big boys and girls, and playing from the bottom.  For a so-called Survivor nerd, he's making classic mistakes.  

• Love 14

I dont think Ive understood one vote off this season except maybe Amber.

Parvati was all lined ip, why complicate it? 

Only rhing I can think of is Michelke and Jeremy have an alliance with her.....but Rob is in the dark?  Etan has some suoer strong alliance that might come up in the merge?  

Its still team immunity, vote out the small and weak, Parv.  Not tgat shes not good at challenges, just not big and strong.  

Its all so weird, every vote

Natalie, she is playing HARD.  Impressuve

• Love 6
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

I think there's a certain someone from AS that learned this lesson the hard way 😉  When the episode opened, and we got a TH of Adam saying how this is winners at war, and Rob needs to adapt and play more like him, I have to believe that TPTB were poking fun at him-especially with how this episode went.  Adam is reminding me how he really had no game except his social relationships during MvsGX.  His strategic level is terrible.  I mean, telling Rob of the plan to blindside his closest ally, and making him the promise he'll be safe (which, how can Adam guarantee that?)  I think Adam is just trying to find big moves to make, and doesn't know what it's like actually playing with the big boys and girls, and playing from the bottom.  For a so-called Survivor nerd, he's making classic mistakes.  

Not Just Rob he told Ethan of the plan to vote out Parvati which is even more stupid than telling Rob.  Being the super Survivor nerd that he is I have to assume he knows about their friendship outside the game?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Tony putting as ashes on his fellow cop's face was hilarious. I knew he'd be totally on board

It just occurred to me that this scene aired on Ash Wednesday XD

3 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

Only rhing I can think of is Michelke and Jeremy have an alliance with her.....but Rob is in the dark?  Etan has some suoer strong alliance that might come up in the merge?  

Its still team immunity, vote out the small and weak, Parv.  Not tgat shes not good at challenges, just not big and strong.  

Because it is complicated.  The five people not named Rob, Parvati and Ethan are NOT that closely aligned.  It should be obvious now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, LanceM said:

Because it is complicated.  The five people not named Rob, Parvati and Ethan are NOT that closely aligned.  It should be obvious now.

So this vote makes perfect sense to you.......care to elaborate why Ethan was a better vote?

Probsts hall of fame worthy episode hype,   nope

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Adam is reminding me how he really had no game except his social relationships during MvsGX.  His strategic level is terrible. 

Well, Adam on mvgx would be yelling at this Adam that you never want to appear like you're the one in control. Devising a huge blindside plan, then telling everyone about it ... that's control.

I'm unclear why Adam doesn't understand the rules change if it's your plan. If it's someone else's plan, you can play all sides. If it's your plan, you can't. You have to leave people out of the plan. That's ... the point of a plan! Coming up with a plan and also telling everyone about the plan means you're my six-year-old.

But I think this is playing a huge role:

7 minutes ago, LanceM said:

The five people not named Rob, Parvati and Ethan are NOT that closely aligned. 

There isn't really a newschooler alliance, it's everyone for themselves. That explains a lot of the sloppy game play, I think. People think much more clearly when they don't have to scramble. Adam's still looking for his solid, trustworthy mvgx alliance. Sorry buddy, but Dave Wright, Hannah and Ken are not walking through that door.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

No one can be trusted in this game, but those two are among the most famous brilliant backstabbers.

You know, I've seen so much over the years of this backstabber Rob is in the game but is that really true? Because to my recollection, Rob stuck to his alliances for the most part in Marquesas and All Stars (only turning on Tom at Final 5, in favor of the Final 4 alliance he had with Jenna and  Rupert) and Redemption Island. And in Heroes vs Villains, he was the one screwed over by his alliance, not the other way around. 

And if anything, I thought that's why he seemed even more baffled and annoyed that Adam truly thought he could just come to him and be all, "yeah we're going for your close ally but all cool right". 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 21
14 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

So this vote makes perfect sense to you.......care to elaborate why Ethan was a better vote?

Probsts hall of fame worthy episode hype,   nope

It breaks up a strong trio. As to why Ethan over those two I can only guess that they are more open to working with Parvati and Rob then they were with Ethan

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, TAG42481 said:

We had no idea that Ethan's name was going to get written down.  And I can't call it a lazy edit by CBS, but I just despise it.  I want to know what's going on, not get blindsided.  I don't have any feeling for or against Ethan, I just hate it when episodes turn out like that.

Ethan was telegraphed. I saw some of these same comments when Natalie was voted out and then too, they did show a discussion about how close she and Jeremy were and so it may be wise to take her out. They showed Jeremy and Michelle discussing going for Ethan, once they realized Adam completely blabbed the plan to go for Parvati to Rob.

The people in danger going into tribal council were Parvati, if they stuck to the original plan, Adam for the fact that everyone realized he couldn't shut the hell up and Ethan, as a way to weaken Rob and Parvati but also neutralize Adam. 

• Love 7

I think the move to vote out Ethan, as much as it hurt to lose him, was quite smart. I actually think he was the most dangerous one of the three - just look at how well he was able to integrate with the "new school" players in a tribe with such a focus on "old school vs. new school" - and Rob and Parvati weren't expecting it at all; neither was Adam.

Kind of the same result, albeit for different reasoning, as the infamous Edgardo vote in Fiji. Parvati knows her name's been thrown out, Rob is Rob and would also be why Parvati knows... either one would be right to logically think the target could be on them. But Ethan? They wouldn't see an Ethan vote coming, just like the four horsemen didn't see the Edgardo one coming.

I was rather pleased at how that turned out, the fact that it was Ethan who was the vote casualty aside. It was a thought out strike, imo.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
  • Useful 2
  • Love 16
49 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

IMO it was because they were pissed at Adam and still wanted to break up the 3.  Rob is still strong and good at puzzles and everyone will be gunning for him soon enough.

46 minutes ago, LanceM said:

Not Just Rob he told Ethan of the plan to vote out Parvati which is even more stupid than telling Rob.  Being the super Survivor nerd that he is I have to assume he knows about their friendship outside the game?

Technically he only told Ethan (before they lost) that if their threesome was targeted it would be Parvati.  Basically Adam wanted to oust Parvati without making Rob or Ethan angry at him, and he thought he figured out how to do that 😄 

• Love 9

In my mind with Ben, Denise, Jeremy and Michele-with-one-L:

BDJL: Third Tribal Council in nine days. Damn, Sele sucks!

Me: No argument here.

BDJL: Adam is a total liability, but we need to get a power player out of this game.

Me: Wow. That's just occuring to you guys?

BDJL: We have to target an old-school player and make a statement to show we're not going to stand by and watch others dominate the game.

Me: Sweet. So . . . Parvati? Or Rob? Man, if you guys do Rob, at least you'd send him back to Amber, and that would make Natalie and Danni very uncomfortable.

BDJL: Nah, we're gonna vote Ethan.

Me: Good move, because he has go- . . .  what the fuck do mean "vote Ethan"?!?

BDJL: Well, we can't vote out either of the other two. And Ethan is in an alliance with them.

Me: What, are you gonna say that none of you want to face Ethan on Day 39 because he's a cancer survivor?

BDJL: . . .

Me: What?

BDJL: He's a cancer survivor?!?

Me: Motherfu-

[fade to black]

Okay, okay, I know Ethan's health and "story" probably didn't doom him to EoE, but it gets frustrating to see the bigger game run around unscathed. It's not that I really hate Rob or Parvati. If either of them are going to win $2 million, I want to see them sweat. Parvati had to work to win S16 (though a pants-crapping performance by Amanda helped her a lot), but Rob had idjits and a Section 8 give him the check three years later.

Seriously, in my head, I figured Ethan might have been a possibility, but I felt the editing skewed towards Parvati and Adam. I was thinking, "How messed up would it be if the third person in the power alliance got booted?" And yet, I didn't bring it up on the live thread.

On the bright side, Natalie gets her third token, and she actually figured it out. But from what I saw, I don't think that would buy her much in terms to keeping her in the game. I figured she deserved at least three tokens for "selling" the vote-steal advantage to Sarah, since she was inspired to bring fellow cop Tony in for help. That was high comedy . . . though I imagine Tony camouflaging Sarah's face for nighttime infiltration, and the production staff's collective butthole clenching tight. I mean, Feely Dan wrecked the prior season . . .

I'm happy Sandra is in the game, though I'm thinking she might ask for a throne the next time she feels like sitting a mission out. Of course, she technically didn't sit out two challenges n a row, and she had the idol . . . so she was safe no matter what. And she caught a shark! And then Tony ran around with it like the lunatic that he is. Good times.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Never really cared one way or the other about Ethan, so losing him doesn't matter to me. Should have voted out Rob or Parvati, though. Another perfect opportunity to do so, and again those two get by again. 

Waiting for Dakal to lose a challenge and want to see someone go. I'm probably in the minority, but I can't stand Tony. He would be my #1 pick for being booted from that tribe next. He's not funny or entertaining, he's annoying.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Eolivet said:

I'm unclear why Adam doesn't understand the rules change if it's your plan. If it's someone else's plan, you can play all sides. If it's your plan, you can't. You have to leave people out of the plan. That's ... the point of a plan! Coming up with a plan and also telling everyone about the plan means you're my six-year-old.

Too funny!  LOL!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

You know, I've seen so much over the years of this backstabber Rob is in the game but is that really true? Because to my recollection, Rob stuck to his alliances for the most part in Marquesas and All Stars (only turning on Tom at Final 5, in favor of the Final 4 alliance he had with Jenna and  Rupert) and Redemption Island. And in Heroes vs Villains, he was the one screwed over by his alliance, not the other way around. 

And if anything, I thought that's why he seemed even more baffled and annoyed that Adam truly thought he could just come to him and be all, "yeah we're going for your close ally but all cool right". 

Perhaps "manipulator" is a better term than backstabber 🙂  He's good at it.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, zscore said:

I can understand the reason for voting out Ethan. Rob and Parvati have no allies now 

Unless there’s a tribe swap, then it’s a whole new ball game. Which is why I’d vote them out sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

My Natalie love grows more and more as she dominates EoE

Same! I love her. She’s strong and smart and I’m still really bummed that she went out first. 

18 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

I'm happy Sandra is in the game, though I'm thinking she might ask for a throne the next time she feels like sitting a mission out. 

Sandra: Can’t be blamed for losing a challenge if you don’t participate! 

794C084C-00E8-4EE8-A4DF-492031297149.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, princelina said:

IMO it was because they were pissed at Adam and still wanted to break up the 3.  Rob is still strong and good at puzzles and everyone will be gunning for him soon enough.

That's how I read the Ethan vote too. Based on Jeremy and Michelle's beach conversation, they still wanted to break up the trio but didn't want to give Adam the credit/satisfaction of orchestrating the Parvati vote especially after he blabbed to Rob, so Parvati was off the table. That left either Ethan or Rob. 

1 hour ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I think the move to vote out Ethan, as much as it hurt to lose him, was quite smart. I actually think he was the most dangerous one of the three - just look at how well he was able to integrate with the "new school" players in a tribe with such a focus on "old school vs. new school" - and Rob and Parvati weren't expecting it at all; neither was Adam.

Interesting point, I could see this as a reason to choose Ethan over Rob - "better the devil you know", as it goes. They may feel they know what they're getting with Boston Rob, he's on the wrong side of the numbers in their tribe, plus he's a beast in challenges (and they really need a win next time).

I also wonder if there was any concern that voting out Rob this early meant he'd be sent to scheme on Edge of Extinction (where they don't know what goes on) and reunited with Amber. So perhaps they also felt it was better he stay where they can keep an eye on him at this stage of the game, especially since he's currently not in control on their tribe.

Edited by bamlouie
  • Love 14
29 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

Waiting for Dakal to lose a challenge and want to see someone go. I'm probably in the minority, but I can't stand Tony. He would be my #1 pick for being booted from that tribe next. He's not funny or entertaining, he's annoying.

If you keep Tony around long enough, he's bound to break his neck. I don't wish this upon him cause I like Tony (he reminds me of my big brother who is nearing 50 but still acts like the same jackass he was when he was a child - He's broken a ridiculous number of bones and that's doing dumb shit like falling out of trees he climbed... sober)

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Finally, am I the only one who mutes the sound during the challenges? Between Jeff yelling and the music swelling to hysterical proportions, I cannot take it. Without sound, it's just people on a beach playing a game. I enjoy it, but don't end up with an anxiety stomachache. 

I do not mute the TV but I sort of mentally block it out.  I hate when the music telegraphs the end of the challenge.  They do that a lot with the Australian version as well, whenever the music swells you know the challenge is about to end.

Jonathan LaPaglia hosts the Australian version and maybe he has been like this all along but I have noticed he is becoming more and more like Pechy.   He does the annoying running commentary during challenges (One woman yelled out, "Shut up Jonathan", during a challenge on one of the episodes) and he says. "Let's get it on", like Jeff does at the start of every challenge.  Just annoying.

2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I wonder if more people link it to the Lex thing.  I do not personally, but I can see how people view him as a backstabber from what he did to Lex.

I am happy that Michele is at least trying to standout during this season.  I also find it funny that she is fully aware that people did not think she deserved her win.  As I have said previously, I think Rob also feels that way, meaning he beat a bunch of mindless sheep, because someone brought it up in an interview (Might have been Sandra).

How do they know about the statues of Rob and Sandra?  Was production really that lazy that they did not take them down?  I thought there was a month or so between this season and last season.

If so that is sort of messed up, I mean they were already both at a huge disadvantage but having statues of them makes it worst.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Poor Ethan. I hope he's okay. This is a lot to put his post-chemo body through. 

He's been cancer-free since 2013.  It's not like he crawled to the show with infusion needles still in his arms, FFS!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

How do they know about the statues of Rob and Sandra?

Apparently they were all taken to see the statues as they are still there. IIRC they are on the same place that has become the Edge just a different area and not in either's backyards.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
49 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Apparently they were all taken to see the statues as they are still there. IIRC they are on the same place that has become the Edge just a different area and not in either's backyards.

Adam mentioned something about it in tribal council, so I think they are on Rob and Sandra's Island of the Idols -- which seems a bit unfair since Rob and Sandra have been there before, so they must not have been aware that that's the Island they'd be going to.

24 minutes ago, colorbars said:

So is everyone just supposed to never vote for him and let him win? What kind of logic is that?

As much as I hate to see Ethan go to Edge of Extinction and feel terribly sorry for his battle with cancer, that's exactly why they had to vote him out. Several people have won based on sob stories and though Ethan was not sobbing over his story, he is certainly a well liked winner and not a goat so there's definitely a danger of keeping him. Bye my sweet Ethan. Never dye your hair you salt and pepper God.

I was upset that they didn't vote Adam out, not because he's a conniving blabbermouth, but because during the challenge he made the absolute dumb decision when he fell off the first obstacle of running back through the obstacle instead of around it. Way to make it harder for your team you dumb dumb.

Edited by grandmabegum
typo
  • Love 13

What was up with that song at the beginning of the episode? Have they ever done that before?

6 hours ago, EllenB said:

Ew.  I've had cancer (hate the word survivor in that context) and I'd be furious if someone thought that was a reason for any special treatment.  Or for anything.  Who wants to be a pity project?

Adam rode cancer all the way to a win [it wasn't his, though].

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Fake Jan Brady said:

What was up with that song at the beginning of the episode? Have they ever done that before?

That was really offputting.

Please never do that again.

There was another bit of female vocalising, loud, shortly after.... so I got worried.

Someone has a new girlfriend?? Just no.

And then it was a hundred and one talking heads of Adam chewing marbles as he over-enunciated his dumb opinions... drove me mad in his season. Like watching a wobbegong pontificating while eating its dinner...

Sucks Ethan went, rather than Adam. I was hoping it would be Michelle after she stood dead still in front of the puzzle at crucial times, blocking Rob's view and ability to work it, like a big dodo.

I'll have rewatch Tony and the shark, etc - he's the best thing about Winners at War, so far.

Edited by violet and green
freaking typos
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, bamlouie said:
That's how I read the Ethan vote too. Based on Jeremy and Michelle's beach conversation, they still wanted to break up the trio but didn't want to give Adam the credit/satisfaction of orchestrating the Parvati vote especially after he blabbed to Rob, so Parvati was off the table. That left either Ethan or Rob. 

Yes. Exactly. This was my read on the situation:

The four who voted Ethan did so because they wanted to vote out one of the three Old Skoolers to further weaken that alliance. They specifically did NOT vote Parvati to send a very clear message to Adam about playing both sides, instead letting him vote all by himself. As to why Ethan and not Rob? I don't think this has anything to do with people being awed by Rob or afraid of him. I think it has everything to do with Jeremy being very aware that if Rob is voted out, he is probably seen as the biggest physical threat on the tribe and also a highly strategic one. I think Jeremy wants more time to build relationships before his meat shield is removed.

2 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I wonder if more people link it to the Lex thing.  I do not personally, but I can see how people view him as a backstabber from what he did to Lex.

Uh, Rob kind of is a backstabber. It's not the Lex thing. I feel like that was more stupidity on Lex's part. It's all the other times he smiled and set something up and then shivved them later. I mean, Rob would repeatedly have multiple conflicting agreements going at the same time. At one point in All Stars, he realized that he had made an agreement with everyone in the game. He distinctly promised Alicia he'd never write her name down at one point when he was panicking and thought Amber was voted out, but out she went. And I'm pretty sure Grant from RI feels like he was backstabbed.

• Love 10

Ethan was definitely indicated as an option, I was happy that the edit didn't make it really obvious

The main story in the episode was the downfall of Adam, from what I remember he was indicated as being a potential ally in the future for Ethan, though that may be bad memory from me  Keeping bigger targets around for a bit longer while still weakening them may not be that bad a move.

The song at the start was weird, no idea what who it was but I wondered if it was Sia lol.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, grandmabegum said:

I was upset that they didn't vote Adam out, not because he's a conniving blabbermouth, but because during the challenge he made the absolute dumb decision when he fell off the first obstacle of running back through the obstacle instead of around it. Way to make it harder for your team you dumb dumb.

Oh my goodness, a bunch of them did this! I guess in the heat of the moment you aren't always thinking clearly, but I was shaking my head at that. If nothing else, it's a good way to get kicked in the head.

Parvati must find it offputting that people (Danni and now Adam) keep going to Rob hoping to gain his favour by saying that she will have to be voted out.  Rob keeps telling her and defending her though so it shows his loyalty.

The irony is the only way I see them moving forward is to ally with Adam and hope he gets Denise with him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, marys1000 said:

Ethan made sense to me because people talk less about Ethan and he seems to have better connections with people around camp.

Rob and Parvati are huge targets and they both know it. They will be targets at a swap or the merge. At some point in time you have to remove that threat but Ethan's more quiet game is dangerous. Ethan has been shown talking to Ben and others regarding strategy. And they are actual conversations, not interrogations. Ethan is the person who could negotiate with a Ben or an Adam to change a vote.

Rob and Parvati are not going to be trusted in any conversation and they know it. Rob wanted to save his alliance and I am sure he thought he could change the target to Adam by blowing up Adam's play.

Michelle, Jeremy, and Ben made a good decision to take out the quiet player who can slip between groups more easily. First, Ethan is a threat and getting him out is a good idea. Second, Rob and Parvati should be easy votes at a swap or a merge. I don't think that they have many built in allies on the other tribe and they are targets. Third, Adam needed to know that he is not in control and that the others are aware that is playing all sides. I look forward to that conversation next week. I can see Ben exploding "You told Rob. Rob came over and told us everything that you told him. We couldn't trust you to not tell him future plans." I can see Jeremy saying the same thing in a cool, soothing manner.

8 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

It just occurred to me that this scene aired on Ash Wednesday XD

LOL That is awesome. A part of me wonders if the production team actually had a clue that was the case when they were putting the show together.

5 hours ago, EllenB said:

He's been cancer-free since 2013.  It's not like he crawled to the show with infusion needles still in his arms, FFS!

Yes, he is cancer free but the damage done to your body by treatment is massive. And the damage to your psyche can be huge. We are watching my Mom, a lung cancer survivor, deal with medical issues that no one in our family has had to deal with. It is not that much of a leap to assume that the chemo, radiation, and medications after all of that changed enough in her body that explain these new illnesses. And I think Ethan has been through two cancer diagnosis, so I am sure that he is never going to feel fully comfortable with his health.

As much as people talk about the game being the game and leaving personal lives out of it we all know that is BS. People who make it far in the game who have a more compelling backstory are a threat at final tribal. We have seen that in play many times. And it makes sense, we are all human. If I have to choose between someone who I can say played a great game and took me out with a "normal" life and the person who played well and is a cancer survivor/philanthropist or PTSD suffering war vet or whose Mom was dying at home of a 9/11 Firefighter you will likely find ways to vote for the back story.

Heck, Richard mentioned it in season 1. He dropped out of the final three competition fully expecting Kelly to win. Rich knew he could beat Kelly but could not beat Rudy. Rudy was a70 year old war vet, original Navy Seal. Rich couldn't beat him.

In a winners season you look for reasons to vote good players out. Backstory is going to be a part of that decision making. And Ethan has a great back story, cancer and philanthropy? Come on now.

• Useful 5
  • Love 10