Type keyword(s) to search

S40.E03: Out for Blood

festivus
  • Start Topic

Adam was trying to play both sides and ended up alienating both.  He has dreams of being Rob's #1 ally and using Rob as a meat shield later in the game, while not dirtying his own hands.  He's not as smart as he thinks he is.

"We can vote him (the strongest player) out later."  The strategy of losers every time.

I think the vote for Ethan was an Edgardo misdirect, just in case Parvati had an idol.  With all the talk of the not so secret plan to vote out Parvati, the loose new kids alliance went for the other option.

8 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Kind of the same result, albeit for different reasoning, as the infamous Edgardo vote in Fiji.

Yup.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ProfCrash said:

Yes, he is cancer free but the damage done to your body by treatment is massive

This is exactly what I was thinking when I wrote my post. It seems risky for him to be on EOE for days. Then again, going on Survivor was his choice, so I'm not blaming anyone. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Adam was trying to play both sides and ended up alienating both.  He has dreams of being Rob's #1 ally and using Rob as a meat shield later in the game, while not dirtying his own hands.  He's not as smart as he thinks he is.

"We can vote him (the strongest player) out later."  The strategy of losers every time.

I think the vote for Ethan was an Edgardo misdirect, just in case Parvati had an idol.  With all the talk of the not so secret plan to vote out Parvati, the loose new kids alliance went for the other option.

Yup.  

But the new school alliance knew they had an idol. Jeremy knows about the gifts from Exile but I don't think he has shared that with anyone. So the new school alliance did not really have a reason to think that Parvati has an idol or an advantage.

Jeremy knows that Natalie is likely to send stuff to him. Amber might said something to Rob but would Rob use it on Parvati? I guess that was a risk. That makes Ethan the safer vote. But the only person who would know that was a possibility right now is Jeremy and we did not see a talking head where Jeremy discusses that.  It doesn't mean that it wasn't there, just that it is more speculation then anything.

1 minute ago, Melina22 said:

This is exactly what I was thinking when I wrote my post. It seems risky for him to be on EOE for days. Then again, going on Survivor was his choice, so I'm not blaming anyone. 

And being in camp with limited food is good? Neither is a great option for anyone's body. Ethan choose to play so I am sure he weighed those risks. I bet Production raised those risks as well. I am guessing many a Doctor was contacted and consulted by Ethan and Production.

• Love 5

All these Winners just seem incredibly stupid to me.   Rob, Parvati and Sandra should have been the first to go, no question about it. Star struck and fearful is the only explanation I can find. Everyone should have split the vote between Rob and Parvati and if Adam told the plan, who cares?  Worried about losing a challenge because Rob isn't there? Why?  That would just give them the chance to vote out Parvati.  Instead they're making plans that involve "sending a message to Adam."  Adam should be the least of their worries.

Sandra's team is already making excuses to keep her with the food provider reason.  Please.  That's like keeping a pet mamba because it might eat the rats.

The way both Sandra and Rob act shocked and offended at the very thought of anyone coming against them makes me want them to be blindsided so much. I thought Rob sounded sincerely angry at Adam for daring to mention the statues. Once again, his feelings are hurt when people play for themselves instead of him.

As for any of those Big Three plotting from EoE, I don't think that's nearly the same threat as having them in the game organizing your ouster because you failed to genuflect with convincing sincerity.  As for anyone aligning with any of The Three (and that goes for the three themselves) and planning on beating the other at the end... they deserve to lose.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, JudyObscure said:

The way both Sandra and Rob act shocked and offended at the very thought of anyone coming against them makes me want them to be blindsided so much. I thought Rob sounded sincerely angry at Adam for daring to mention the statues. Once again, his feelings are hurt when people play for themselves instead of him.

I don't think they're shocked and offended that people are coming against them (remember, Rob and Parvati were somewhat baffled in the first episode that no one WAS coming against them) - but they're not exactly pleased about it, either. And why should they be? They're there playing the game for the money, the same as anyone else. And when someone, Adam in this case, points out the big statue as an argument against Rob, Rob's going to counter that argument and try to downplay it. If there was any sincere anger in Rob's response, I think it was more just frustration that the damn statues were still there widening his target.

And Sandra's response to Tyson coming after her was just as justified, in my opinion. And correct, too: If you bring my name up, I better not hear about it. That's just standard.

Rob, Sandra, and Parvati are not shocked that people are coming fro them. They know that they are going to be coming for them. They know why people are coming for them. This is not a surprise for them.

They have taken different approaches to this issue.

Someone referred to Sandra as the Queen in the first episode and she was quick to ask that they not do that.  She said in her talking heads that she knows that is what she has said in the past but it hurts her in the game. She also upped her game around camp. She specifically said that she was trying to help catch food and suggest places because she knows she has to be visibly useful to her tribe.

Parvati almost seems to be lying low and is obviously working with Rob because of the target on her back. She doesn't seem to have a specific path to move forward right now and knows that she was almost voted out this time. She just lost an ally. She was out looking for an idol. But her way of dealing with this is less obvious then Sandra's.

Rob seesms to not have changed his game. He is almost reminding me of his original season. More direct control then is good for him and a bit more bull in the china shop. I was a bit surprised that his approach last night was "I know the plan, Adam told me everything" to Jeremy and Michelle and Ben. It almost seemed panic and less manipulative. He failed in getting out someone who was targeting his alliance and lost an ally. I am not sure that he can pull Adam back in after outing the entire plan.

Maybe it is easier for Sandra to evolve because she is under less pressure at her tribe but on day one she was trying to shift how people perceived her. Rob and Parvati have failed to do that. They have avoided being sent home but I have not seen much to point to their being able to stay in the game if there is not a swap and they lose again.

• Love 13

One thing I noticed was when Rob confronted Michele and Jeremy regarding Adam's plan - Rob was all, "cut the crap, I know everything."  When Michele spoke, Rob talked over her but when Jeremy jumped in, Rob was placated.  It reminded me of how Michele was frequently steamrolled on Kaoh Rong - usually by Nick and/or Neal - and rather than get wound up about it, she always maintained her composure.  It's part of why I am so Team Michele - I loathe when players that are perceived as weaker get dismissed by the power players, but it also makes me root for her big time.

• Love 20
Just now, laurakaye said:

One thing I noticed was when Rob confronted Michele and Jeremy regarding Adam's plan - Rob was all, "cut the crap, I know everything."  When Michele spoke, Rob talked over her but when Jeremy jumped in, Rob was placated.  It reminded me of how Michele was frequently steamrolled on Kaoh Rong - usually by Nick and/or Neal - and rather than get wound up about it, she always maintained her composure.  It's part of why I am so Team Michele - I loathe when players that are perceived as weaker get dismissed by the power players, but it also makes me root for her big time.

This could also be because Rob knows Jeremy better, but I did notice that Michele was trying very hard not to roll her eyes as Rob talked over her. He needs to notice cues like that.

I'm not sure Rob or Parvarti could play much differently because the second they do, folks will see it for what it is. Even Sandra got referred to as the queen as she was going to sit out the challenge. 

I, too, am weeping for the loss of my salt and pepper man-candy, but understand why Ethan was targeted vs Rob/Parvarti.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I'm not sure Rob or Parvarti could play much differently because the second they do, folks will see it for what it is. Even Sandra got referred to as the queen as she was going to sit out the challenge. 

I, too, am weeping for the loss of my salt and pepper man-candy, but understand why Ethan was targeted vs Rob/Parvarti.

Sandra has never been good at challenges. She knows that. Her tribe knows that. Everyone knows that. Sandra sitting out is the best thing for the tribe and I think everyone knows that. The way she raises her hands gleefully and bounces off makes me think that the Tribe has already discussed it and knows its best. And yeah the Queen comment was there. It is best for her competitors to remind people of that.

• Love 2

Ah, havent read all the posts but I just remembered in the beginning interviews Ethan? was quoted as saying that he Ben and Adam were tight.  Or one of those three said that. 

Michelle and Jeremy wanting to "stick it Adam" Na na Na na  to prove something or send some sort of message (wtf?) doesn't make sense to me at all.  There had to be another reason.  Neither does not voting out Parvarti, def bigger threat, easier vote to go along with, just lie to Rob which they ended up doing anyway, all they had to do was say yea, Adam. 

But if taking out Ethan weakens the Adam, Ben, Ethan trio and a possible Rob, Ethan Adam, Parv 4 some, now its starting to make sense. Because I don't really see Ethan as that big a threat.  It was just that he was essentially seen as in two alliances.  Maybe this was obvious but I had to process it myself 🙂

In a tribe swap, the only old schooler to ally with Rob, Parv is Tyson?  No one knows Yul and Rob is mad at Sandra and Sandra is mad at Rob.  

Who else is friends with who? 

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

But if taking out Ethan weakens the Adam, Ben, Ethan trio and a possible Rob, Ethan Adam, Parv 4 some, now its starting to make sense. Because I don't really see Ethan as that big a threat.  It was just that he was essentially seen as in two alliances.  Maybe this was obvious but I had to process it myself 🙂

I don't think that Ben has any alliance to Ethan or Adam as he voted for Ethan and thus didn't follow along with Adam to vote off Parvati.

1 minute ago, grandmabegum said:

I don't think that Ben has any alliance to Ethan or Adam as he voted for Ethan and thus didn't follow along with Adam to vote off Parvati.

In the second episode Ben was walking with Ethan and talking to him when Dani ran up to say that they needed to vote out Parvati because she wasn't really honoring the old school alliance.

This points to Ethan doing a better job then Rob or Parvati in reaching out to other players. It could also point to Ben and Ethan having an earlier alliance or agreement. Adam told Ethan the Parvati plan this episode. Why do that other then thinking that you are linked to someone? Adam flat out said he wanted to maintain his relationship with Ethan. Again, pointing to some type of agreement.

Ben could have been put off of any agreement with Ethan once Dani mentioned the Old School alliance and Ethan's response was to point to Ben and point out that Ben was new school. It was not the best deflection that there is no old school alliance. Ben could have seen that Ethan was not really serious about working with Ben and decided it was ok to walk that agreement back.

Ethan seems to have better in roads to the new schoolers which made him a threat. I think Ben realized that he did not have a tight alliance with Ethan and was willing to vote him out.

Or Ben is just playing his more bouncy game and went with the numbers and took out a possible ally.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, seacliffsal said:

I'm thinking Yul...

Agreed! I never saw Cook Island (lived in a dorm that didn't have TV at the time -- way to go BU) so I'm actually catching up as I type this. He is a fine looking gentleman and much like Ethan I think he looks better now than he did then.

• Love 5

Oh, and whatever happened to Jeff's "the same player can't sit out two challenges in a row?"  I think it would be a lot fairer to go back to that rule.  It supports Pagonging as all players on the smaller tribe have to keep playing while the winning tribe is able to sideline weaker players.  I would like to see Sandra have to participate in a challenge.  I guess maybe the rule when out the window for an all winners season as it seems like there were other adjustments/changes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Or Ben is just playing his more bouncy game and went with the numbers and took out a possible ally.

I was thinking along these lines. To me, he seems to be scrambling and is just drifting where he can keep afloat at the moment. I didn't mean to imply that he hadn't attempted alliances/made deals, but since he doesn't seem to have any outside allegiance to his competitors I think he's happy to float where he is safe right now.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:
1 hour ago, ellenr33 said:

On just an eye candy level alone I was not okay with this vote. Who am I gonna look at now???? 

I'm thinking Yul...

I'll just be over here enjoying the footage of Parvati going in and out of the water while the others discuss how dangerous she is.

Still looking for where Ben talked about who he might want to play with but yea, his friendships with Ethan and Adam probably weren't as strong as Ethan and Adams to each other.  Or at least Ethan's to Adams?
https://www.click2houston.com/entertainment/2020/02/26/survivor-ethan-zohn-says-it-wasnt-a-smart-decision-to-return-for-winners-at-war-exclusive/
Excerpts

But I wanted to also tap into the new school world so I needed to align with someone who had played more recently than I did, which was a lot.

If you look at how they split up the people they asked back, only six were considered old school, prior to season 20, and 14 had played post, in the new school era. I knew I wanted to be with some new school and old school. That was my strategy going in.
Going into the game, I knew that if I was aware of folks that were really good friends, it was someone I needed to keep an eye on... if they were friends outside of the game. But I didn't really have many pre-existing bonds going into this. I knew Parvati; I was friends with. I hadn't talked to Rob since 2010, 10 years. Amber, more than that. Tyson, I never talked to. Danni, I had talked to once in my life. I think I was in a little bit of a disadvantage going into the game without knowing anyone. Like I said, it goes back to new school players, they all hang out. That definitely is a positive for them going into this game.

Was there anyone that you specifically wanted to play with? 

I had done my research and I knew that Adam was a superfan and he's Jewish, his mom had cancer. I felt like we could have a good bond together. He was new school, so when I saw him on the beach, I was excited because I felt like I could kind of leverage his fanboy over the other players and maybe even myself because I had read I was one of his favorite players. Here I am, I'll use that to my advantage, right? I was excited to see him.

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Oh, and whatever happened to Jeff's "the same player can't sit out two challenges in a row?"  I think it would be a lot fairer to go back to that rule.  It supports Pagonging as all players on the smaller tribe have to keep playing while the winning tribe is able to sideline weaker players.  I would like to see Sandra have to participate in a challenge.  I guess maybe the rule when out the window for an all winners season as it seems like there were other adjustments/changes.

Sandra didn't sit out two challenges in a row. She was one of the winning puzzle solvers last week in the challenge where Rob decided it was a good time to teach his kids how to sort pieces by color.

Edited by tracyscott76

How many people are coming back from extinction? Is is just one toward the end. Or will there be more than one and/or several rounds of them coming back?

Is anybody gonna figure out that extinction people are sending players advantages? Which makes it imperative to, say, have both Rob and Amber or Natalie and Jeremy on EOE so they can't just funnel advantages to their ride or die.  

Will the people from EOE be the only ones to be able to purchase advantages. So far, they've not given the other contestants a chance to win more coins. 

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Sandra has never been good at challenges. She knows that. Her tribe knows that. Everyone knows that. Sandra sitting out is the best thing for the tribe and I think everyone knows that. The way she raises her hands gleefully and bounces off makes me think that the Tribe has already discussed it and knows its best. And yeah the Queen comment was there. It is best for her competitors to remind people of that.

It wasn't that she sat out the challenges, which is nothing new for her. What is newer is her shushing of the "queen" comments this season, but they are still doing it, which agreed, they should. Her shushing aside, if her tribe loses, I see her getting voted out  sooner than Rob or Parvarti, but obviously time will tell.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, ellenr33 said:

On just an eye candy level alone I was not okay with this vote. Who am I gonna look at now???? 

Yul? Jeremy? I know there are other people on that Red Tribe, but aside from Yul and Tony none of the guys stick with me.

Dad Bod aside, I still find Rob pleasing to look at (even with or especially now with his gray hair) and am still a sucker for his accent and his eyes. I'll keep him all to myself.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
Just now, CountryGirl said:

It wasn't that she sat out the challenges, which is nothing new for her. What is newer is her shushing of the "queen" comments this season, but they are still doing it, which agreed, they should. Her shushing aside, if her tribe loses, I see her getting voted out  sooner than Rob or Parvarti, but obviously time will tell.

Who knows? It took 'em like 5 votes to vote off Sandra in Game Changers. She might last longer than we think!

35 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

12 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

Sandra didn't sit out two challenges in a row. She was one of the winning puzzle solvers last week in the challenge where Rob decided it was a good time to teach his kids how to sort pieces by color.

Yup.  The rule has always been you can't sit out back to back challenges in one episode (when they have both a reward and an elimination challenge)

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Yul? Jeremy? I know there are other people on that Red Tribe, but aside from Yul and Tony none of the guys stick with me.

Dad Bod aside, I still find Rob pleasing to look at (even with or especially now with his gray hair) and am still a sucker for his accent and his eyes. I'll keep him all to myself.

Well maybe not all to yourself. I've pretty much been a sucker for Rob since his Marquesas days but am enjoying him, dad bod and all, just as much now.

My husband hates him and can't wait for him to be voted off. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, CountryGirl said:

Well maybe not all to yourself. I've pretty much been a sucker for Rob since his Marquesas days but am enjoying him, dad bod and all, just as much now.

My husband hates him and can't wait for him to be voted off. 

Lol, my boyfriend gets annoyed when I gush about Rob and he's not a jealous guy at all.

I'm still wondering why Jeff thought this episode was so hype worthy. It was actually pretty boring. The stealth operation was lame, the challenge was too similar to the last one (I've already had it with puzzles), and the vote off wasn't anything to get hyped about. He and I have very different ideas on what makes for a good episode.

• Love 4

Adam thinks Rob should start playing more like he does? Does this mean that Hannah will be joining the tribe, telling Rob what to do, getting him to the F3, and then him receiving all the votes that should have gone to her? Seems complicated. Maybe instead Rob should just play the way he plays, which is obviously pretty good since he's still there despite being such a fucking threat that they built a statue of him.

I agree that the real rationale for voting out Ethan instead of Rob or Parvati was to send a message to Adam and because Jeremy wants to keep Rob as a meat shield (and because I still believe the poker alliance is a low-key secondary thing), so I hate seeing them talk about how voting out Ethan will weaken Rob because it makes the whole thing look idiotic. It portrays Jeremy and Michele on par with the the South Pacific fools who wanted to weaken Ozzy so they voted out Elyse (who? exactly) only for each of them to get voted out as Ozzy went nearly to the end. I don't know about Michele because in the past her strength has been social and we haven't seen what her strategic game is like, but Jeremy at least is just not this dumb.

I also think there must have been some unseen discussion about how Ethan is a threat in his own right. He appears to have been in strategic conversations with every single person on the tribe. I'm really sorry to see him out so soon.

I love Natalie, but I was genuinely mad when she got the advantage before Amber. It's not even personal, I'm just ride or die old school, I guess.

After this is over, I want Tony and Sarah to get their own Cops R Us reality show. It will be like Cops, but nuttier. I was dying when Sarah is all covered up in light colored clothing, but she and Tony rubbed ash on her 12 square inches of forehead. Oh, yes, girl, you invisible now.

• LOL 13
  • Love 8

I don't get why the people at Edge of Extinction, or Exile Island, or whatever the hell they're calling this stupid thing, are competing so hard against each other for advantages they have to give away. What's in it for them? A token? Oh, goodie. What does that get them? An extra blankie? A shish kebab? I mean, if this thing plays out like last time there will be 15 of them sitting there eventually and only one of them will get back into the game. Those aren't great odds. Unless the one with the most tokens gets to buy their way back into the game I don't see why they should care that much. 

This one didn't even help a player unless she chose to risk infiltrating another camp! 

Really, how stealthy does she have to be when there's already a cameraman and maybe a sound guy moving around the camp?  These stealth missions seem stupid to me.

Yeah, and Sarah and Tony washed ashore in their own boat. They have a boat? Since when? Are we to believe they rowed themselves to the other beach? Plus that shot of someone with their face covered and spider on their head. {shudder}

I thought Rob sounded sincerely angry at Adam for daring to mention the statues. Once again, his feelings are hurt when people play for themselves instead of him

He's a bully. I've never seen him as anything else no matter how many people find him adorable. Until his ass is sitting on Extinction Isle I won't be convinced producers didn't step in and prevent them from voting him out. Ethan instead? Whatever.

The only thing I liked was seeing that smug look wiped off Rob's face when the votes started coming up Ethan.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I don't get why the people at Edge of Extinction, or Exile Island, or whatever the hell they're calling this stupid thing, are competing so hard against each other for advantages they have to give away. What's in it for them? A token? Oh, goodie. What does that get them? An extra blankie? A shish kebab? I mean, if this thing plays out like last time there will be 15 of them sitting there eventually and only one of them will get back into the game. Those aren't great odds. Unless the one with the most tokens gets to buy their way back into the game I don't see why they should care that much. 

The menu of items they can buy with fire tokens includes advantages in challenges. So if they do get back into the game, those tokens could come in REAL handy. Plus, if they still have strong allies left in the game when/if they return, the advantages they sold to those allies could be used in their own favor. And by finding the advantages, they control who gets them, and who DOESN'T get them. So yes, it absolutely makes sense for them to be competing.

I mean, are they just supposed to sit around doing nothing, or continue playing the game to the extent that they can? I know which one I'd choose.

Edited by tracyscott76

lol I just find Ethan very attractive. Jeremy is also very attractive. I don't find Rob very attractive. I'll still see Ethan on Edge of Extinction and can hope that he will get back in the game. Though if he gets back in the game and makes it to the end he could win on story alone. 

1 hour ago, tracyscott76 said:

The menu of items they can buy with fire tokens includes advantages in challenges.

In addition to all the reasons you listed, I assumed that for the EoE people, that meant they could buy advantages in the challenge that will determine who goes back into the game from EoE.

That certainly seems like something worth their time. 

• Love 3

Ethan is more attractive to me now than when he was first on Survivor (but also my tastes have changed as a grown adult). He just seems like a really friendly guy who'd be cast as the guy-best-friend-in-a-rom-com-who-watches-the-woman-he-has-a-crush-on-date-some-gorgeous-but-shallow-hunk. 

Also, I'll never survive on Survivor. Giant spider crawling on one's head? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo thanks!!!!!!! I'd rather almost step on a snake (although that has happened to me a few times in real life anyway, we tend to have a lot of rattlesnakes in the foothills around here during the summer).

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
Just now, simplyme said:

In addition to all the reasons you listed, I assumed that for the EoE people, that meant they could buy advantages in the challenge that will determine who goes back into the game from EoE.

That certainly seems like something worth their time.

I kind of thought that specific option might have been on the menu at EoE, but I couldn't remember for sure, so didn't mention it. But it sure does seem likely.

Just now, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Also, I'll never survive on Survivor. Giant spider crawling on one's head? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo thanks!!!!!!!

Oh lord, I forgot about that shot! And whoever it was didn't even seem to notice! God only knows what's crawling on them in the night.

15 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Kind of the same result, albeit for different reasoning, as the infamous Edgardo vote in Fiji. Parvati knows her name's been thrown out, Rob is Rob and would also be why Parvati knows... either one would be right to logically think the target could be on them. But Ethan? They wouldn't see an Ethan vote coming, just like the four horsemen didn't see the Edgardo one coming.

I just watched the show and read the posts questioning the vote and was going to post about Eguardo and saw someone else saw it as well. I'll add that Jeremy knows that help is coming from EoE and that Rob has his greatest ally on EoE.  Why risk a surprise, go for the least expected enemy Eguardo/Ethan. Sends so many messages, Adam you are not in charge and and just shut up, and Rob, we will not roll over for you.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Ben can stfu with his crap about Parvati being dangerous because she can bat her eyes. Yes, she’s pretty but girlfriend has a brain! I will never forget in HvV when she basically made her entire tribe immune.

Ben can go anytime, couldn't stand him on his first season and can't stand him now. Does he think he can't be manipulated by Rob since he doesn't find Rob attractive? Only Parvati is a threat because he is helpless in the face of her feminine wiles?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MerBearHou said:

Wendell is the cutest to me!  Looks, smarts and personality.  OMG when he did the challenge last night and LEAPT from side to side with zero difficulty -- masterful.

I forgot about Wendell he is pretty handsome also! Colby will always hold a special place in my heart for survivor hotties! 

• Love 1

My son and I recognized the "quintuple step" from Ninja Warrior (original; I don't know if they've had it on ANW).  

We also chuckled when they had to dig up a ladder and imagined Tony saying "we don't have to dig--I have one right over there!"

And Ben winding himself up in the bolo on his first throw was hilarious.  But he still did better than Rob on the throws.  He's growing on me.

Well, good for Danni for catching a fish.  I guess that's a sop to Probst's favorite "growth stories" glurge from EoE.  But better for Natalie, figuring out the shell counts.  

So did they pay royalties for "Baby Shark" because they couldn't bear not to show Tony singing it?  Now if it gets stuck in my head just by typing it, I'll be very irritated.  And apologies in advance if my mention did that for you.

More of my favorites are on the red tribe, so I'm happy with this trend (as I mentioned before, the brain/nerd alliance is my fave, but Cops R Us is growing on me).

Pink flamingo undies, huh, Tyson?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, violet and green said:
13 hours ago, Fake Jan Brady said:

What was up with that song at the beginning of the episode? Have they ever done that before?

That was really offputting.

Please never do that again.

I’m pretty sure they’ve been doing it all season. I kind of like it especially since we are never getting opening credit again. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

If there was any sincere anger in Rob's response, I think it was more just frustration that the damn statues were still there widening his target.

Honestly, why are those things still there?  Are TPTB hoping that one day, centuries from now, future generations will flock to the mysterious runes of the red-shirted woman and the square-headed guy?

7 hours ago, ellenr33 said:

Wendell and Yul for me please.  All day, every day, and twice on Sundays!

4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Sarah and Tony washed ashore in their own boat. They have a boat? Since when? Are we to believe they rowed themselves to the other beach? 

That wasn't Tony and it wasn't their tribe's boat.  It's just a random Survivor employee who drives them over, probably the same guy who delivered people to IOTI last season.

I'm still waiting for someone to give an actual example of Rob bullying someone.  Last I checked, being good at reading people and manipulating people in a game that is all about strategy, isn't bullying.  I really think people in general, especially grown adults, need to stop throwing the word "bully" around every time someone does something they don't like.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • LOL 2
  • Love 21
19 hours ago, TAG42481 said:

There are two types of Survivor episodes - there are those where you can "play along" and try to guess who's getting voted off, and there are those where even if you pay attention to everything, a person is voted off who you couldn't possibly see coming from the edit that CBS gives you.  I really enjoy the first kind of episodes, LOATHE the second kind of episodes.

I did want to say that I followed along just fine. I knew Ethan was a possibility heading into TC, though I couldn't predict which way Jeremy, Michele, et al had decided. When the votes came up, I could immediately tell you who voted for who.

I don't mean that as a criticism if others didn't follow. Keep reading.

It's really easy to think you watched the episode closely and not recall that one time that someone interrupted or coughed or you spilled a drink or whatever and *thought* you still got whatever was going on, but it turns out you missed some stuff. I mean, I somehow missed that Denise had the whole idol again. I only know that from you guys. 👍 And once you miss something, there's so much they're trying to cram into an hour (or 40 minutes and 5000 commercials) that it may never be repeated. Unless it's the fact that Sarah is a cop.

I think it's a difficult balance because I find it boring when it is obvious who is going. That's a big reason to me why Pagonging can be boring.

So if you didn't follow, I'm gonna blame your cat. Even if you don't have one. Clearly it distracted you... Bad Puff!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3