Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Home is Where Your Spouse Is

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

A sincere question:  Why do you watch the show live, apparently including the commercials?  Doesn't everyone have a DVR, where you can start watching an hour in and finish on time? 

I'm wondering because I had a friend whose husband used to make a point to drive to the post office late on April 15 to file his tax return, putting himself right in the middle of that traffic jam.  I said, "Why in the world would he do that?"  She said, "He likes the pageantry."

That's something I never would have thought of, but it makes sense.  So I'm wondering about devoting two hours to this mess AND watching the commercials.

I record everything. And to top it off, I live on the west coast and only watch east coast feed channels so nearly everything I want to watch is three hours earlier for me and ready to go when I am home from work.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Ohwell said:

So she didn't like that the dishes weren't put away?  Austin, you can do better than this substitute mama.

Well, to be honest, while I appreciate when my hubby of five years starts the laundry, it does make me crazy that he won't switch the clothes over to the dryer or even empty the dryer when it's done.  I don't know - I guess I'm one of those folks that, if you start something, you should finish it.  And before everyone gets crazy - he does his own laundry and I do mine, because of my travel schedule - nothing worse to than him being home for the five days I've been gone and leaving the mess for me to clean up so I can do mine in the two and a half days I'm home.

I have the same problem when he tells me he ran the dishwasher on Wednesday night and on Friday morning, the dishes are still there for me to put away.  

I guess that comes from him being in a kitchen as a chef for 30 years - doing dishes is menial work and he simply won't do it.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

And I know it's a nitpick and it's not Mindy's apartment, but I also don't like people putting their feet on someone's sofa, like Headband did.

I noticed that too, but it looked like she was wearing socks, which I'm okay with.

46 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I don't have a DVR anymore - we got rid of our directv satellite and dvr a couple years ago and went to streaming only. I have Hulu Live. It lets me "record" it to my cloud storage, but it won't let us ff through the ads.

Oh, I should have thought of that.  I've actually watched a couple of shows via streaming before and was very disheartened to realize I couldn't FF through the commercials. 

I admire your fortitude. 

I watched the episode in probably less than an hour, with a combination of FFing and 1.3 speed playback, and it still seemed long. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

My only issue with Derek is that (fake?) gun in the drawer. I'd like for him to talk about that.  That would be more concerning to me than Katie's concern about his bathroom habits.  I don't know how much cash he had in the drawer but I like to keep a little in the drawer.  It's just comforting in case I should ever have to suddenly bust out of the house and go on the run. 😅 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I have known people like Meka in the workplace.  They enjoy identifying the mistakes of others, but do not offer a solution to the problem that still needs to be resolved.  As if identifying problems is the important thing in problem solving.  Their real joy is found in correcting others.

Also Meka and Taylor with their 'I really want to know what you are thinking' (as long as it is what I want you to think).  It's a fill in the blank quiz boys.  Katie kind of does that too.

Hey Meka, don't forget the marjoram.

Totally inappropriate for these teams to gang up on Zach and Brandon.

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Liberty said:

I have known people like Meka in the workplace.  They enjoy identifying the mistakes of others, but do not offer a solution to the problem that still needs to be resolved.  As if identifying problems is the important thing in problem solving.  Their real joy is found in correcting others.

Also Meka and Taylor with their 'I really want to know what you are thinking' (as long as it is what I want you to think).  It's a fill in the blank quiz boys.  Katie kind of does that too.

Hey Meka, don't forget the marjoram.

Yes, that's Meka.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1

I thought Derek's dad was very insightful, and spot on with his assessments; so was Katie's mom. I mean, realistically, going into a marriage blind, the best that you could hope for is that at the end of the 8 weeks you see this as something that you are willing to stay committed to and keep working on, and you like and respect your partner. Anything beyond that is a bonus. I feel like Katie is trying to keep her options open, and she's not going to fully commit because there might be something better out there. The problem is, you have to be all in or all out, or it doesn't work. I think Derek's a good guy - maybe a tad immature and crude - but most guys are 😉

• Love 17

This mess, my friends, is what you get when folks want a wedding but have no idea what's involved with in a marriage. They are responding to pressure from society and family to get married and have children by age whatever. They want a big party with fancy clothes and the spotlight on them. They think people fall in love on a time schedule. What do you mean you may not love me in 8 weeks? They don't seem to get that their partner may not always fulfil their every fantasy. 

Very few of the people on any season of MAFS seem to grasp what's involved with an actual marriage. When you've been with someone a while and decide that while it drives you insane that he puts the dishes in the sink when the damn empty dishwasher is RIGHT THERE, but you just deal with it because love him, THEN you can get married and have a chance of it lasting. 

Married 40 years so I have thoughts on this. And on Mr. DocTerv's loading of the dishwasher. 😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
56 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I didn't mind the private conversations Taylor and Mindy had with their friends but it made me uncomfortable watching Mallory continuously make pointed digs at "Zatch," (although I'm not sure Zach even got all of them) and for Taylor's friends to pile on Brandon with his family sitting right there. 

I find all of these gatherings kind of awkward. Two disparate groups crowded into small apartments with a camera crew wedged in there too. The whole thing has to be weird. The only ones that have ever looked fun to me were Katie and Luke's party (and look how that turned out) and Keith and Iris's party, until Iris ruined it with Lemonadegate.......

I felt bad for Derrick's one friend that was a girl that was forced to hang with all the guys while Katie traipsed off with HER girlfriends to gossip about Derrick. "Can I come?" "Ummm, not yet". What is this - Jr. High???!?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, OnTime said:

Otherwise, Taylor call Jephte's brother and we will pick up from there!

I don't follow any of these peeps on IG or Twitter. So has Jephte's brother made some comments about Taylor?  Is he cute? Is he younger than Jephte?  Jephte had a whole lot of siblings from what I recall and I'm not sure if he was the oldest or what. Taylor is 27, 

• Love 1

These are the couples I would have matched based on personality. 

Derek/Taylor- both are easygoing and fun loving.

Katie/Zach- self centered

Austin/Jessica- same person

Mindy/Confidence

Meka/last season's Keith

Michael/Brandon/ therapist

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Captain Asshat said:

While I agree with you, in Mindy's defense, he keeps following up "I'm not attracted to you" with "I need space for the attraction to grow." Add that to the experts telling her to trust the process, and she believes there's hope. If Zach would seriously say that he's not attracted to her and doesn't see this relationship going past the friend stage, I'm sure she'd totally get it. But he keeps talking around that so that he can continue getting screen time.

Wasn't the producer-given nickname for Mindy something like "Miss Optimistic"?  They weren't kidding!

1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Derek is only 26 and folks are out here writing him off as a failure. Maybe he didn't date much in high school or college (not that unusual, not everyone has a high school or college sweetheart), and post-college dating in the age of apps is a hellhole. I don't see anything weird at all. Katie isn't better than Derek because she's been in love before and he hasn't. Derek isn't deficient in some way for never having been in love.

Who's she been "in love" with anyway?  Some booty call who dumped her until he heard she was coming on this show?  I agree with you about Derek, and said before that I think they just are doing it because they couldn't find anything wrong with him.  They should have named him "Mr. Pottymouth" or something 😄 

1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

For some reason, Meka seems to have a bug up her ass about spices.  Even if she's not attracted to Michael, she could have come up with something more fun to do than going on a damn spice hunt.  I think she also mentioned his lack of spices when she inspected his kitchen.  She is just so damned humorless. 

"We should really buy tea since they make it special here!"  "I don't like tea."  😄 I'd rather hang out with Michael than Meka any day!

1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

I'm not a fan of Brandon but I agree that Taylor's friends were a little over the top. So was Mindy's friend with Zach. There comes a point where the confrontation is less about protecting your friend and more about dogging the spouse and I'm not interested in seeing that.

In real life I agree.  If you want to come on tv and act like a tool then I'm on board with someone pointing out that you're an ass 😀

28 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I find all of these gatherings kind of awkward. Two disparate groups crowded into small apartments with a camera crew wedged in there too. The whole thing has to be weird. The only ones that have ever looked fun to me were Katie and Luke's party (and look how that turned out) and Keith and Iris's party, until Iris ruined it with Lemonadegate.......

I felt bad for Derrick's one friend that was a girl that was forced to hang with all the guys while Katie traipsed off with HER girlfriends to gossip about Derrick. "Can I come?" "Ummm, not yet". What is this - Jr. High???!?

These parties could have been fun too - last season they didn't all decide to traipse off into the bedroom for "girl talk"

3 minutes ago, spunky said:

These are the couples I would have matched based on personality. 

Derek/Taylor- both are easygoing and fun loving.

Katie/Zach- self centered

Austin/Jessica- same person

Mindy/Confidence

Meka/last season's Keith

Michael/Brandon/ therapist

I agree with most - but I wouldn't saddle Keith with Meka - I'd give Taylor to him since she wants a tall guy and give Meka that dummy you can buy to sit next to you in the car and use the carpool lane 😄 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I don't follow any of these peeps on IG or Twitter. So has Jephte's brother made some comments about Taylor?  Is he cute? Is he younger than Jephte?  Jephte had a whole lot of siblings from what I recall and I'm not sure if he was the oldest or what. Taylor is 27, 

Jephte was talking on Couples Couch about fixing up his brother and Taylor.  He is pretty funny on that show.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, princelina said:

"We should really buy tea since they make it special here!"  "I don't like tea."  😄 I'd rather hang out with Michael than Meka any day!

Right? Like, damn, Meka. That was such a deflating moment. You could tell Michael was trying and Meka just took the wind out of his sails - I think he said something like "well, OK then." OK, so you don't drink tea. Maybe Michael does! Look at some tea! You're already in the damn store, browse around the tea aisle! Maybe some tea smells funky - take a sniff and laugh about it and say "see, this is why I don't drink tea!" Maybe some of it has weird names, like weed - laugh about that! It's tea, it ain't deep, but it could have been fun and made for a cute story later.

I agree that she's humorless. There was a point in the episode (I think it was during the party) when she laughed, and I remember thinking "Is that the first time she's laughed on the show?" She said herself that she sees everything as a problem to solve, but that's a really mechanical approach to life, and it's likely to turn people off. I wonder if she's one of those people who can't just listen and sympathize when a friend comes to her when the friend is feeling down. Sometimes you just need someone to listen, and Meka doesn't seem like that would be her strong suit.

• Love 15
19 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Yep, he worked also, came home and cooked.  Then she didn’t like that the clean dishes weren’t put away.  Some husbands wouldn’t have done either.  Not being appreciated can grate on his nerves after awhile.

I loved her until that!  Actually I side eyed her with she makes significantly more money than him thing too.

• Love 5

All I can say is, I hope that on decision day, when 'pastor' cal asks Mindy if she wants to stay married or get a divorce, she laughs in his face and asks when the hell was it ever a marriage? She help up her end of the bargain, but that's all it is - you can see it clearly in her face, every time zach mumbles something about 'hanging out' together and she smiles - I think she's holding back a horse laugh, knowing full well zach is full of shit and just hoping for a big payday. She's saying what she needs to say to appease tptb, but I hope she's also being good to herself and not wasting even a nano second thinking about zach. I wish they'd all (every one of them who has said it to the camera) say it to zach's face and tell him they are fed up with his crap and he can just tell it to  'pastor cal' and the 'experts'.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Why not? I don't necessarily love Katie but I'll give her this - she was born with a face full of freckles and she doesn't try to cover them with an inch of makeup or laser them off because society tells her they are unattractive. She is confident and thinks she deserves to be happy. Why would we want her to be any other way? I don't think she is arrogant but I think that society spends a lot of time telling young women all the reasons they aren't worthy and don't measure up. Good for Katie for being confident and feeling like she deserves happiness. As the mom of a teenaged daughter, I wish I saw much more of this in young women than I typically do.

I'm with you!  I love Katie! I think she is adorable looking, love the freckles, and I think she's got a great sense of humor.  I really don't find Derek all that great looking so I'd disagree with the comment she's punching above her weight level.

18 hours ago, Leilani said:

I can't repeat  this enough times, Zach must really find something off putting about Mindy not to be able to fulfill this 8 week TV gig. It could be her scent, it could be she looks like she's 45, it could be  her horse face, or it could be he doesn't like brunettes. Whatever it is, Mindy should have accepted he just wasn't into her and moved on after the 2nd time he said he wasn't attracted to her.

I must be the only one who thinks she's very pretty.

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, princelina said:

I agree with most - but I wouldn't saddle Keith with Meka - I'd give Taylor to him since she wants a tall guy and give Meka that dummy you can buy to sit next to you in the car and use the carpool lane 😄 

I like Meka, but this is funny. Meka is an alpha female, therefore she needs someone more like Austin.

1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

Jephte offered to set Taylor and Mindy up with his brothers on couples couch.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, princelina said:

Who's she been "in love" with anyway?  Some booty call who dumped her until he heard she was coming on this show? 

I grow more and more confused by Katie's situation every episode. At first she described him as a guy she was dating casually for whom she started catching feelings, but he wasn't interested in a relationship so she bailed. Then she started calling him her ex, which indicates that they were actually in a relationship. She claimed he reached out to her when he found out she was doing the show and begged her not to do it (I still don't understand how he found out) because he had feelings for her. Then she said he told her he was in love with her. Now she is saying she might have "thrown something away with someone she loved" for someone who might not fall in love with her. I feel like that is a dramatically different view of the situation than how she described it at the beginning of the season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
24 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I'm with you!  I love Katie! I think she is adorable looking, love the freckles, and I think she's got a great sense of humor.  I really don't find Derek all that great looking so I'd disagree with the comment she's punching above her weight level.

Her biggest flaw in my opinion is just too darn thin...emaciated doesn't look feminine. You can see her skull through her face. If she put on 25-35 pounds it would all be 'feminine' fat. 

23 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Her biggest flaw in my opinion is just too darn thin...emaciated doesn't look feminine. You can see her skull through her face. If she put on 25-35 pounds it would all be 'feminine' fat. 

She is definitely thin, but to me, she looks naturally thin, not too thin.  But yes, some poundage on her would soften her up a bit!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, becauseIsaidso said:

All I can say is, I hope that on decision day, when 'pastor' cal asks Mindy if she wants to stay married or get a divorce, she laughs in his face and asks when the hell was it ever a marriage? She help up her end of the bargain, but that's all it is - you can see it clearly in her face, every time zach mumbles something about 'hanging out' together and she smiles - I think she's holding back a horse laugh, knowing full well zach is full of shit and just hoping for a big payday. She's saying what she needs to say to appease tptb, but I hope she's also being good to herself and not wasting even a nano second thinking about zach. I wish they'd all (every one of them who has said it to the camera) say it to zach's face and tell him they are fed up with his crap and he can just tell it to  'pastor cal' and the 'experts'.

You say "horse laugh", I say Neigh

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

It's not that she's not pretty, but she's not pretty to HIM or there's just something about HER he is not attracted to.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, sometimesjennifer said:

I grow more and more confused by Katie's situation every episode. At first she described him as a guy she was dating casually for whom she started catching feelings, but he wasn't interested in a relationship so she bailed. Then she started calling him her ex, which indicates that they were actually in a relationship. She claimed he reached out to her when he found out she was doing the show and begged her not to do it (I still don't understand how he found out) because he had feelings for her. Then she said he told her he was in love with her. Now she is saying she might have "thrown something away with someone she loved" for someone who might not fall in love with her. I feel like that is a dramatically different view of the situation than how she described it at the beginning of the season.

There are people who are theorized that she is only talking about the ex because she was hurt when Derek said he thought it would take a while to fall in love. Derek was probably just being practical but her whole body language changed after that statement. It might be she was falling hard and fast for him and thought he was doing the same.

She might be trying to reject him first because she is trying to protect herself emotionally from getting hurt.

• Love 11

Mindy and everyone else out there who thinks Zach owes it to her to give it a try or is obligated in some way to make it work when he has already said HE IS NOT ATTRACTED TO HER and also DIDN'T MOVE IN is the reason why they wrote that book: He's Just Not That Into You-if a man isn't around you, calling you, telling you he's attracted to you, or moving in with you, he's just not that into you.

I know I don't like it when men are attracted to me and I'm not to them and I try to let them down the easiest way possible which I'm sure every woman has had to endure. They could be rich, successful, nice, blah blah blah but I'm just not that into them and I can't even spend one evening let alone 8 weeks when I'm not into it. Zach must feel the same way. Move along.

The same goes for a man, for whatever reason Zach doesn't want to move in or have to sleep with her horse face and overbite is his perogrative. There are plenty of men who like women who look like Mindy, he's not the last man on the planet. Geesh

ADDED: Mindy should have demanded they match her with another man, or maybe she can be on again next season and give it another try or she can just look for another man who is attracted to her and wants to be around her.

I probably sound like Zach talking in circles explaining this and trying to be polite. If I was not polite I probably would be able to make it clear to more people about this situation and so could Zach.

Edited by Leilani
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Leilani said:

Mindy and everyone else out there who thinks Zach owes it to her to give it a try or is obligated in some way to make it work when he has already said HE IS NOT ATTRACTED TO HER and also DIDN'T MOVE IN is the reason why they wrote that book: He's just not that into you.

I know I don't like it when men are attracted to me and I'm not to them and I try to let them down the easiest way possible which I'm sure every woman has had to endure.

The same goes for a man, for whatever reason Zach doesn't want to move in or have to sleep with her horse face and overbite is his perogrative.

It would be if he hadn’t signed up for a show where he agreed to make a good faith effort to make a marriage work with a woman to whom he might not be initially attracted.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I agree that she's humorless. There was a point in the episode (I think it was during the party) when she laughed, and I remember thinking "Is that the first time she's laughed on the show?" She said herself that she sees everything as a problem to solve, but that's a really mechanical approach to life, and it's likely to turn people off. I wonder if she's one of those people who can't just listen and sympathize when a friend comes to her when the friend is feeling down. Sometimes you just need someone to listen, and Meka doesn't seem like that would be her strong suit.

She laughed hard and long because her friend was making fun of Michael doing yoga three times a week. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Kira53 said:

So far I really like Austin's personality.  He seems to really want to make it work out and he is easy going.  He seems to be  easy to be around.  He'll probably make me eat my words and explode soon.  His wife is very controling.

I continue to root for Austin and Jessica but I wasn't thrilled by the way she made "playful," i.e. sarcastic comments about his messiness, lack of beer pong ability, etc,. in front of his friends.  Or the way she praised his home cooked meal as "edible" (what I wouldn't give for a home-cooked meal from anyone but me at the end of a long day--I love my husband but he doesn't cook).  Austin takes it in stride but those little jabs build up and start to hurt.

• Love 22
22 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Reasons 1198 and 2947 why he’s supremely unattractive to me. I’d rather have Zach. He wouldn’t have to say a single word. Just show up topless and silent and we’ll go from there. 

Can’t bullshit a bullshitter. 

Whoever had the idea to have five couples and extend the show to two hours should be fired. This is excruciatingly boring. 

Meka is exhausting. Does she ever have anything positive to say? Ever?

The way Katie spoke to her mother at their lunch was shocking. Sounds like there is some resentment there. She’s a mess. And very basic. Like basic is a step up. Maybe several steps up. 

Also, the number of times the word like was spoken during this episode!! I think Mindy is the only woman to not use it 100 times in three sentences. 

I also noted that Katie and her mom had at least a three martini lunch.  I hope Mom had the second one because she deserved it.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

I don't think Zach or Brandon should be on the show because they don't want to participate.  Why are they there?

Here is an UO about Taylor.  She reminds me of someone I used to know who was a "professional martyr."  She'd get involved with a man like an active alcoholic or a drug addict.  And I'd be like, "WTF?"  She'd say:    "He's a mess but I love him."  It was like she wanted people to say, "Oh, look at long suffering Taylor, isn't she a nice girl.  That Brandon is such a dog."  She's break up with that guy and then find another one just like the last one.  She was like, "I want everybody to see how much I struggle with this man." 

Now, I never got a vibe like that from Kate (the one who was stuck with Luke).  Kate seemed shell shocked and she didn't want anybody to know what was going on in her relationship, but Taylor tell all their friends about what's going on.

I laughed when Meka said "I don't drink tea."  I didn't drink tea either when I was 25, but I started drinking it when I was 27.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

I watched it just now so I could confirm.  About 4 minutes in.  He says the last night (or the dinner night) of Panama he says in response to his "no chemistry" remarks, that she said she wants a divorce.  He says the next day he says she says "we should see other people" and adds "we can go to our own places."

I agree.  I don't think that's how this went down.  

I can imagine she might say "if you can't get on board with the process, I want a divorce."  And "If you still feel that way, maybe we ought to move on and see other people"... But WordSalad Zach just cuts and pastes her words the way he wants them.

Perfect analysis!  

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Yep, he worked also, came home and cooked.  Then she didn’t like that the clean dishes weren’t put away.  Some husbands wouldn’t have done either.  Not being appreciated can grate on his nerves after awhile.

I also thought there was a bit of an edge to her teasing / taunting during the beer pong game. One "carrying the team" is fun, but she seemed to harp on it and imply at the end he was lying about how many times he scored. I don't know, it just seemed a bit mean-spirited (to put him in his place in front of their friends?) vs. all in fun teasing . . .

• Love 13
1 minute ago, ChiMama said:

I also thought there was a bit of an edge to her teasing / taunting during the beer pong game. One "carrying the team" is fun, but she seemed to harp on it and imply at the end he was lying about how many times he scored. I don't know, it just seemed a bit mean-spirited (to put him in his place in front of their friends?) vs. all in fun teasing . . .

I saw that too.  So far he takes it all in good stride, so major props to him.  She seems sweet in other ways, quite smitten, and oblivious to how she might be coming off.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, b2H said:

I guess that comes from him being in a kitchen as a chef for 30 years - doing dishes is menial work and he simply won't do it.

I think mine is afraid of the dishwasher (or me). I don’t always put things away immediately after, so he claims he can’t tell what’s clean or dirty (I like to prewash).  Despite having a “clean” indicator and a magnet that I flip between “clean” and “dirty,” it’s not happening...it’s more funny than anything at this point...He tries at other stuff.

• Love 2

Austin and Jessica.  I'm feeling uneasy about these two.  Every since Dr Cal asked if Jessica making more money than Austin is a problem there seems to be a crack.

I am puzzled by something I think I missed.  After she drilled him about his morning..did she ask him how long he worked?  I thought he said 40 minutes but I'm sure I'm wrong.

Why is Jessica, a new bride, working 14 hours a day???  That's insane.  My daughter, a nurse works 4-12's then is off three days.  

She is becoming more his mother than his wife!

• Love 5

Zach’s dog is absolutely precious! Hands down! Even Mindy’s hot Asian friend was immediately smitten 

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

That Brandon is such a dog.

Why are we complimenting Brandon? He is light years away from being a dog! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Ohwell said:

It's one thing to be confident, that's fine if she is.  But it's another thing to put another person down like she did with Derek, saying he lacked "game."  Her mom should have asked her exactly what she meant by that comment.  

Right after she said that she went on to imply that she's always the one to initiate sex and hinted that she was more into it -- pretty much saying Derek was passive about it and fine with having it or not. At the same time they showed Derek telling the guys that they were well matched sexually and compatible. Someone is fibbing . . .

Edited by ChiMama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, spunky said:

I like Meka, but this is funny. Meka is an alpha female, therefore she needs someone more like Austin.

Jephte offered to set Taylor and Mindy up with his brothers on couples couch.

Poor Austin already has an alpha female missing him around!  Poor guy.  I bet she says no at the end!  Money will be more important to her.  She should have made that clear!  Poor Austin.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, ChiMama said:

26 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

I saw that too.  So far he takes it all in good stride, so major props to him.  She seems sweet in other ways, quite smitten, and oblivious to how she might be coming off.

15 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Austin and Jessica.  I'm feeling uneasy about these two.  Every since Dr Cal asked if Jessica making more money than Austin is a problem there seems to be a crack.

I am puzzled by something I think I missed.  After she drilled him about his morning..did she ask him how long he worked?  I thought he said 40 minutes but I'm sure I'm wrong.

Why is Jessica, a new bride, working 14 hours a day???  That's insane.  My daughter, a nurse works 4-12's then is off three days.  

She is becoming more his mother than his wife!

1 minute ago, Jeanne222 said:

Poor Austin already has an alpha female missing him around!  Poor guy.  I bet she says no at the end!  Money will be more important to her.  She should have made that clear!  Poor Austin.

I too wonder if Jessica is put off by Austin making so little money but more angry at herself for caring so much about it?

I wonder if some people straight up ask for people who make as much or more than they earn? It seems like Austin is in the early stages of his career and has a good future earning potential. Plus he is so sweet compared to the other jerks on this show...I would hate for his heart to be broken.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Alexander Pope said:

I also noted that Katie and her mom had at least a three martini lunch.  I hope Mom had the second one because she deserved it.

I noticed Katie drinking.  I thought alcohol was a no for diabetics?  Does that shot she gives herself cover everything?

I have to make a post in support of Jessica. I like her a lot. I totally get how her behavior comes across and I can relate. My husband comes across a lot like Austin but in reality is no pushover. We’re very happily together now over 20 years. I get told that I’m bossy all the time and yes, it’s part of a personality trait. Also that same personality trait can be very helpful in a lot of situations like career advancements, getting things done etc. We balance each other great but to an outsider, especially back in our 20s,  we’d have looked no different than Jessica and Austin. Yet we’ve always been happy and have made it through all kinds of life events. As long as they learn from each other, adopt and love each other for who they are, they have a chance, even with those different personalities 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

A sincere question:  Why do you watch the show live, apparently including the commercials? 

We DVR it and start watching with a 15-20 min delay. We skip the commercials. Once we catch up with the live show, we stop watching and save the rest for the next day (bed time is no later than 9.40pm in our house, so that works out well! Early morning runners here..)

6 hours ago, Liberty said:

They enjoy identifying the mistakes of others, but do not offer a solution to the problem that still needs to be resolved

This can make for a great auditing career!

• Love 3