Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Home is Where Your Spouse Is

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, ChiMama said:

At the same time they showed Derek telling the guys that they were well matched sexually and compatible.

It’s a perception thing. Neither had to be lying about it...they just perceive it that way 

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, ChiMama said:

Right after she said that she went on to imply that she's always the one to initiated sex and hinted that she was more into it -- pretty much saying Derek was passive about and and fine with having it or not. At the same time they showed Derek telling the guys that they were well matched sexually and compatible. Someone is fibbing . . .

When she was having girl talk in the bedroom, she started that whole convo smiling slyly, saying he "brought the FY-AH 🔥" (a callback to her drunken bridesmaid's tirade) and then immediately launched into her complaints about his prowess. This girl is all over the place, and seems pretty full of shit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Her biggest flaw in my opinion is just too darn thin...emaciated doesn't look feminine. You can see her skull through her face. If she put on 25-35 pounds it would all be 'feminine' fat. 

Are you confusing Mindy (taller brunette skater who is married-but-not-really to pretty boy Zach and his hair) with Katie? Katie is shorter and she's petite but not what I would call emaciated. I wouldn't necessarily call Mindy emaciated either but she is quite thin.

I noticed Katie drinking.  I thought alcohol was a no for diabetics?  Does that shot she gives herself cover everything?

I used to think so too but friends of mine have a college-aged daughter who is a type 1 diabetic and she drinks. Apparently the insulin covers it. Still it seems sort of needlessly risky to me.

I am puzzled by something I think I missed.  After she drilled him about his morning..did she ask him how long he worked?  I thought he said 40 minutes but I'm sure I'm wrong.

I thought she asked him how long he worked too but then the conversation they had seemed to be more about how long it took him to get to work (e.g. his commuting time).

Why is Jessica, a new bride, working 14 hours a day???  That's insane.  My daughter, a nurse works 4-12's then is off three days. 

Maybe she was including commuting time? Or as a manager, she has other responsibilities that take her beyond her standard shift length? I know nurses who work 12 hour shifts but those can easily turn into 13-14 hours if something happens at the end of the shift. She did look tired when she came home, I thought.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, spunky said:

I like Meka, but this is funny. Meka is an alpha female, therefore she needs someone more like Austin.

Remember on friends when Joey was sad and Phoebe brought him the happiest dog in the world to cheer him up, but when she returned the dog was depressed too?  I'd hate to see how Meka could bring down sweet cheerful Austin.  His current alpha female at least seems to enjoy him and having fun.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, princelina said:

Remember on friends when Joey was sad and Phoebe brought him the happiest dog in the world to cheer him up, but when she returned the dog was depressed too?  I'd hate to see how Meka could bring down sweet cheerful Austin.  His current alpha female at least seems to enjoy him and having fun.

Meka can borrow our cat; they both seem to be pretty much permanently mad at the world.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

I may reveal my inner geek now but as a grown woman & mom of three, I always refer to the line by Bella Swan's father in "Twilight: New Moon"- while encouraging Bella to move on from Edward and maybe give Jacob a chance: "sometimes, you just gotta learn to love what's good for ya." 

I can apply that to several contestants across this show.  In this case definitely Katie. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I noticed Katie drinking.  I thought alcohol was a no for diabetics?  Does that shot she gives herself cover everything?

That’s a good point. I noticed in the show that Katie doesn’t really seem to address her dietary needs/restrictions... but maybe it all happens off camera. Or maybe it’s not a huge deal. I thought it would be more of a plot point.

• Love 4

I am starting to believe that Jessica and Austin might not be a perfect match after all. I don’t believe she is aware of how she speaks to him or about him at times. “I make way more money than him.” “This was actually edible.” “I will make up for both of us.” He seems to be going above and beyond to make her happy but at what cost.

• Love 11

Totally understand the view of Jessica's comments to Austin.

When the friends were there to play beer pong, it finally seemed like maybe her negative comments were based on her own insecurity and nervousness.  The film crew could be doing that to her too.  If not, it really demonstrates Austin's understanding of making a marriage work when compared the other doofus' on the show.  It seems one way to deal with insecurity is to demean others.

Meka also thought her husband's income as a principal would be significant.  (Let the poor guy buy some tea 😞).  Meka and Jessica may have been the only cast members Poseur Cal asked about finances.  Both of their responses put their husband's earning power in a high priority.  That may have been to help the family through the child bearing years, but left a lasting impression that they wanted to find more than love at the MAFS altar.

So Meka restricts the purchase of tea, hope we find out if she also restricts the consumption of tea by others.

Edited by Liberty
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Leilani said:

It's not that she's not pretty, but she's not pretty to HIM or there's just something about HER he is not attracted to.

And I totally get that.  

I don't like Zach, but I don't blame him for his lack of attraction to her.  I'm just a little surprised he can't suck it up for 8 weeks.  That said, I feel like the producers probably are loving this reaction.  I also would not be surprised if he is encouraged by the producers by week 7 to decide he's madly in love with her!

• Love 4

I think Zach is doing the right thing by trying to be friends and not having sex with her. It would be 100 times worse if they were having sex and then he said he wanted a divorce. I know they are binding marriages and all that, but they are still strangers.

I think the show did a terrible job matching people this year and I don’t see any of them making it. Meka is bossy and doesn’t like her husband, Brandon has emotional issues and is not ready for marriage, Katie is pining for an old boyfriend and also has a superiority complex and Jessica is bossy and is not attracted to her husband no matter how much she giggles. 

• Love 6
On 2/19/2020 at 9:49 PM, gonecrackers said:

Taylor just said this process is "temporary"; she's done.

i thought she meant that the temporary part was the adjustment difficulties part of the process....because otherwise, well, then she's a bigger bullshitter than Zack and Brandon combined!

On 2/19/2020 at 11:34 PM, endure said:

Did Zach say he had his ring cleaned.  If so I’m thinking he maybe has some real issues with cleanliness. 

Yeah, WTAF?  First, they make little jewelry cleaning soaks that you just submerse your jewelry in, so no need to go somewhere to get it cleaned...unless for some reason you are Zach, and think it's a humble-brag.  Second, his ring sure didn't look like the type that needs to be cleaned in order to shine...it looked like more of a matte finish.  Third, douchenozzle, you've barely worn it in the 2 WHOLE WEEKS that you've owned it!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Austin and Jessica.  I'm feeling uneasy about these two.  Every since Dr Cal asked if Jessica making more money than Austin is a problem there seems to be a crack.

I am puzzled by something I think I missed.  After she drilled him about his morning..did she ask him how long he worked?  I thought he said 40 minutes but I'm sure I'm wrong.

Why is Jessica, a new bride, working 14 hours a day???  That's insane.  My daughter, a nurse works 4-12's then is off three days.  

She is becoming more his mother than his wife!

I was thinking the same thing.  

I get the feeling that Jessica is the type that is never wrong, always the smartest person in the room.  In her mind.

She also seems like the kind that is going to try to mold Austin into the go-getter, money maker that she is.  And she'll be disappointed.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, shouldbedancing said:

That’s a good point. I noticed in the show that Katie doesn’t really seem to address her dietary needs/restrictions... but maybe it all happens off camera. Or maybe it’s not a huge deal. I thought it would be more of a plot point.

She said at the wedding reception that she doesn't eat a lot of carbs but other than that, it doesn't seem to be a big focus, at least not for the show.

So Meka restricts the purchase of tea, hope we find out if she also restricts the consumption of tea by others.

Let's set her up with some lemonade, have someone else take a glass and see what she does...

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

And I totally get that.  

I don't like Zach, but I don't blame him for his lack of attraction to her.  I'm just a little surprised he can't suck it up for 8 weeks.  That said, I feel like the producers probably are loving this reaction.  I also would not be surprised if he is encouraged by the producers by week 7 to decide he's madly in love with her!

This is what is surprising to me. He could easily just ride this out to decision day and then get a divorce and look like a good guy for trying. Plenty of other spouses on this show have done exactly that when they did not like their marriage match.

This means that Zack’s dislike for his wife goes beyond lack of physical attraction. He does not like anything about her. You know how a good personality goes a long way to make someone more attractive...the opposite has happened with Zach. He was probably disappointed in her looks but it was her personality that really turned him off.

For the record, I find Mindy attractive and enjoy her quirky personality.

22 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I get the feeling that Jessica is the type that is never wrong, always the smartest person in the room.  In her mind.

She also seems like the kind that is going to try to mold Austin into the go-getter, money maker that she is.  And she'll be disappointed.

It seems like she just wanted a more dominant take charge type of man. I imagine as a nurse, she is a natural giver and wants to somewhat take care of the people around her.

SHE wants to be the one who cooks and clean go her man after he comes home from a long day’s work. His kind gestures slightly annoy her because that is the role she wants in the family. I know many women with successful careers who are still the main caretakers in the family. They are usually marred to high earning and high achieving husbands. Jessica probably wants this and did not realize it until she got matched up to a sweetheart like Austin.

As a female, I would love to come home to a home cooked meal and a clean house after a long day of work.

Edited by qtpye
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 2/19/2020 at 11:36 PM, ECM1231 said:

Friends/family of Taylor and Brandon needed to all shut their traps. I'm not fan of Brandon but the airing of all that dirty laundry was too much.

On 2/19/2020 at 10:21 PM, OnTime said:

Were these people handed a script?

I absolutely think there was a script reviewed in advance, where the attendees and the MAFS couples knew that a part of the party would be dedicated to bashing the villain-du-jour.  Otherwise, you know that Brandon would have gone off-the-rails.

On 2/19/2020 at 11:36 PM, ECM1231 said:

Idk why Katie is so hung up on the " Derek can't fall in love in 8 weeks" thing. He never said he would NEVER fall in love with her, but it might take longer than 8 weeks. 

It was made so much worse by Katie's fellow cackling hens, when one of them was kind of incredulous that Derek hadn't been saying "I love you" to her during the honeymoon.  Really?

18 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Falling in love is an emotional infatuation for someone and ultimately it becomes about maintaining a feeling that can't last forever. Love is an action, the action of putting someone in front of yourself...

I disagree.  To me, falling in love is a process that leads to being in love.  Being in love definitely requires action to maintain, but is also a feeling that can last forever.  

• Love 3

Legit question:  Meka said she doesn't like tea. How is that restricting Michael from buying tea?  He can buy tea for himself.

I'm really missing how Meka was a sourpuss this episode. I thought they did really well together. She may be more on the serious side, but they were reading all the spices. It was an odd outing to film but probably producer driven anyway (as are all of the outings most likely).

• Love 3
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I also would not be surprised if he is encouraged by the producers by week 7 to decide he's madly in love with her!

And then I'll know for sure this show is 100% BS.

1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

i thought she meant that the temporary part was the adjustment difficulties part of the process....because otherwise, well, then she's a bigger bullshitter than Zack and Brandon combined!

True & we'll see!

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Austin said this is a career change, & that it will take a bit of time but he'll get there to better earnings. Right now he's trying to balance it with marriage & making his wife happy, which she should be happy about.

Jessica should've married an anal retentive doctor, not laid back Austin. But as others have said, as long as he's okay with it & the little digs (which I feel they are) don't eventually bring him down, or he gets a bit stronger, they may be happy enough.

Btw, I don't know that Jessica is attracted or it was a BS thing, but before the wedding she said she likes dark haired men. She commented about it again after marrying Austin but wasn't making a big deal out of it.  I wonder if that was true or something for temporary low key drama.

Also we saw a preview for Austin & Jessica having a discussion about his job having him travel often, & it *seemed* to be an issue for her. Wonder if that's still coming or they scrapped it since they have more than enough drama already this season.

• Love 3

1 hour ago, qtpye said:

This means that Zack’s dislike for his wife goes beyond lack of physical attraction. He does not like anything about her. You know how a good personality goes a long way to make someone more attractive...the opposite has happened with Zach. He was

He really showed his absolute and total lack of interest when he asked her absolutely NOTHING about the skating stuff she was mentioning.  You know that as of right now, he doesn't know anything at all about her skating, which is clearly the passion of her life.  If he really wanted to build a friendship, that is the first thing he would have done. 

4 hours ago, Liberty said:

When the friends were there to play beer pong, it finally seemed like maybe her negative comments were based on her own insecurity and nervousness.  The film crew could be doing that to her too.  

Yes, that is exactly what I am thinking as she continues that behavior.  

4 hours ago, Liberty said:

Meka also thought her husband's income as a principal would be significant. 

But he wasn't a principal when she met him.  The promotion occurred during the honeymoon, if we are to believe what he said.

• Love 7

Honestly, I have lost any respect I had for Mindy. I get going with it, continuing on for the six weeks for the sake of the paycheck. Putting on a game face, rolling with it.  But either she's just a doormat or she's overacting. "It's so nice to see Zach interacting with his friends.  Hey, let's not grill Zach. I invited him over and LOOK! He's here!! I'm so optimistic! Let's go to the next baby step!"  He is such an asshole, so full of meaningless platitudes and say-nothing paragraphs that ramble on and on. What in the world is appealing about him? At all?  She needs to stop acting (or really thinking) there is any potential in this.

Katie was super snarky to her mother and that got me angry.  "It sounds so negative and I don't need that in my life." Ohh, you special snowflake.  Mom is right in that there are great guys out there but great does NOT equal flawless or perfect.  He is a human being.  You gave up the sex card way early and now you are saying you're bored.  Poor you.

Brandon is full of shit and I don't trust him.  He says one thing and does another.  He's trying (but the veneer is thin) to portray a guy who is going to go all-in, who's gonna be the easygoing person but he's just waiting to pounce on a transgression or contradiction.  He is a powder keg waiting to blow.

Austin and Jessica are fine but boring. Although I think her mildly critical comments (making the bed, not getting a lot of beer pong points, etc) are going to start to wear. She clearly is the alpha in that relationship.

Meka needs to loosen up. I rarely see her smile. Everything is so serious with her.  She can't live without spices.  Although she's right about the ring. Michael should not use it as a manipulative tool every time he gets offended or they have a disagreement.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Brandon is full of shit and I don't trust him.  He says one thing and does another.  He's trying (but the veneer is thin) to portray a guy who is going to go all-in, who's gonna be the easygoing person but he's just waiting to pounce on a transgression or contradiction.  He is a powder keg waiting to blow.

I was really concerned for Taylor after their guests left. He looked like he was seething under his calm demeanor and his "sure" "absolutely" "uh huh" non-responses to her attempts to start a conversation. (My first boyfriend had a similar demeanor and although he never got violent with me directly, he sure enjoyed punching walls.) I wouldn't be surprised if Brandon stormed out after the cameras left or at the very least slammed the guest room door and didn't speak the rest of the night.

• Love 9

Hats off to whomever said upthread that the majority of brides and grooms want a nice party, presents and lots of attention and have no idea of what an actual marriage entails. (I think many people who get married the traditional way don't either, it's far too easy to get caught up in the White Lace and Promises Karen Carpenter crap, especially for women.) But these folks are just beyond ... Temper tantrums about the crew? Refusing to move in? They can't even keep up with the terms of the contracts they signed, let alone a 8-week relationship with a living, breathing person. 

Which is why I am starting to suspect the producers are trolling the viewership and purposely putting together combustible people along with a few couples they think should work. All lovey-dovey all the time (and gripping drama such as that which arises from emptying the dishwasher) doesn't sell ads, but it is nice to intersperse with, say, one groom telling everyone to F off or another's meaningless word salad. Meanwhile the fact that they made it 2 hours to me says they are just going to throw all this crap at the wall, sell as many ads as possible, and see who sticks around for it. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Yeah, WTAF?  First, they make little jewelry cleaning soaks that you just submerse your jewelry in, so no need to go somewhere to get it cleaned...unless for some reason you are Zach, and think it's a humble-brag.  Second, his ring sure didn't look like the type that needs to be cleaned in order to shine...it looked like more of a matte finish.  Third, douchenozzle, you've barely worn it in the 2 WHOLE WEEKS that you've owned it!!!

I took Mindy's response as similar to yours, in that she said "I'm impressed" in the flattest, most sarcastic way possible. I find most of her responses to him that way, like she knows he's full of crap and she is just humoring him to get through it. I honestly don't think she cares what he says or does at this point. I think she was done in Panama after that last dinner.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Yep, he worked also, came home and cooked.  Then she didn’t like that the clean dishes weren’t put away.  Some husbands wouldn’t have done either.  Not being appreciated can grate on his nerves after awhile.

I loved her until that!  Actually I side eyed her with she makes significantly more money than him thing too.

Upthread, someone gave a different view of Jessica and the clean dishes in the dishwasher--she said she hates emptying the dishwasher, which was just revealing something about herself, and not bitching at him for not doing it.  And she offered to clean up after dinner, but Austin told her he'd do it, and she could go take a shower.

Is your side-eyeing because you don't believe she makes significantly more money than he does, or that she mentioned it.  If the latter, she was asked.  If the former, she's an RN and has been working for a while, and he's just starting his career.  I can see that she'd make a lot more than he does.

• Love 6
On 2/20/2020 at 7:13 AM, LennieBriscoe said:

Not seeing your connection here. People are born with Type 1 diabetes. My late cousin's wife is an example, and, apropos to Katie and Derek, why she decided not to have children. 

Dr. Pepper stated that she was mature because she had diabetes. That was her reasoning when Pastor Cal objected to Katie being matched.

• Love 4

Regarding Brandon, when he was showing some of his guests the apartment, he showed a room that had his gaming equipment and he commented that he spent all his time gaming.

I don't think Brandon is smart enough to say that comment as a  barb of not being invited into Taylor's bed, but I think it is another flag to Taylor that when Brandon would be at home, that he will spend a lot of time gaming, not spending time with Taylor.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Is your side-eyeing because you don't believe she makes significantly more money than he does, or that she mentioned it

The impression that she wants her husband to earn more than she is off-putting.

• Love 2
On 2/20/2020 at 8:59 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

Something about Jessica annoys me . Number one , her posture .. but just in general . I also thought it was rude that austin cooked for her and she was like “ well , it was edible .” That’ll make someone not want to do it again . 

katie is exhausting . I’m still so confused . They seemed obsessed with each other on the honeymoon . What happened between then and when they moved into the apartment ? I guess when you start off on such a high , there’s nowhere to go but lower .. but I still think something happened that we don’t know about . I cannot stand Katie’s way of talking . Anyone else ? 

On unfiltered , Taylor has Michael seemed to have daggers out for each other . 

Anyone else?  Yes, me.  Jessica is probably a boss of many at the hospital.  Maybe she thinks she can be a boss with her husband too.  No she can’t.  She’s a little bossy at home too with him.  He might tire of that eventually.  Everything doesn’t have to be perfect.  Screw the dishes.  Sit down and talk with your husband.  That’s more important in the long run.

I don’t know what happened to Katy & Derek either, but if I said I still think about my ex, my husband would be out the door.

Taylor & Michael are done.  He’s got major issues.  She doesn’t need that.

• Love 5

Did I hear Katie say that Derek tells her every time he has to take a shit? How disgustingly juvenile. Grow the eff up, Derek. We're all wired differently and I can say with absolute certainty that bathroom humor and infantile stuff like that would be a total dealbreaker for me.

Mindy continues to be a fool as she sits and waits like a dog for Zach to decide she is worthy of his time. Every time she meets up with him she has this sad face on on and then he feeds her some line of bullshit and then she smiles. That repeated event drives me insane and makes her more and more pathetic to watch. 

Meka: Is it really worthy of hysterical laughter if someone puts a picture frame back on upside down? I loved their exchange in the spice store when he wanted to know what they were going to be using the spices for and she told him (correctly) "You buy them to have them when you need them." She seemed a bit displeased that he was unaware of that. I've been poking around and believe I found Michael's Linked In page. If so, I do not buy for one second that he was hired as a "principal" anywhere. This show gets very creative with job titles. 

Jessica and Austin are the couple I've thought really had a good shot of making it and while I still do, she has this habit of throwing zings at him that I find very off putting. The edible comment, the beer pong "I'll carry the team," other things that she says to him. I hope he's not spineless and eventually points out that she needs to cut it out. I understand that she's concerned about the money differential but she said something like he won't be making that forever. He even said something like it was a career change so presumably he's at the bottom. What I don't understand is what if he was a teacher or something who did not earn much but earned enough to cover his bills and save money? Would she expect him to go in search of more money? 

I never cared when I made more money than my husband did or when he made more. It was coming into the household. If Austin was not working or was happy to maintain a part time gig at McDonald's, then I could see raised eyebrows but not everyone makes six figures, not all careers provide the big bucks.

Nothing to say about Brandon and Taylor except he always looks under the influence of something. 

• Love 9
On 2/20/2020 at 10:07 AM, Ohwell said:

It's one thing to be confident, that's fine if she is.  But it's another thing to put another person down like she did with Derek, saying he lacked "game."  Her mom should have asked her exactly what she meant by that comment.  

Girls and women should wear some makeup, freckles or not. Especially on t.v.  Why not look your best?  Unkept hair and no makeup like they just rolled out of bed is a turn off.  Why look like an old mop?  Look good for yourself and your husband.  Nothing wrong with that.  I’m sorry Ohwell, meant for another post attached to yours.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, sasha206 said:

She wants him to be another “Bobby”.  I hope Austen doesn’t cave.  Too much talk about money.  She should concentrate on getting to know a good guy.  They are hard to come by, as we see with the three others.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 1

Maybe it's because I've gotten used to seeing them, but Austin is looking cuter and Jessica is looking older.  He seems like a nice guy so as long as he cuts mama's apron strings, I think he'd be fine as a husband.  Jessica needs to slow her roll and stop acting like she's taking care of a toddler.  

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Maybe she was including commuting time? Or as a manager, she has other responsibilities that take her beyond her standard shift length? I know nurses who work 12 hour shifts but those can easily turn into 13-14 hours if something happens at the end of the shift. She did look tired when she came home, I thought.

maybe she's just making up time because of the wedding/honeymoon and this is not her normal work shift?

17 hours ago, shouldbedancing said:

my husband was diabetic but would just up his insulin dosage if he was having something he shouldn't.  not a good practice, but that's what some people would do.

• Love 3

This means that Zack’s dislike for his wife goes beyond lack of physical attraction. He does not like anything about her. You know how a good personality goes a long way to make someone more attractive...the opposite has happened with Zach. He was probably disappointed in her looks but it was her personality that really turned him off.

Another explanation - Zach just can't be bothered. Maybe when he signed up for the show he thought he could live with someone whether he was attracted to them or not. Maybe he knew he couldn't and didn't care. Maybe he thought he'd be matched with a total hottie and be thrilled to move in with her. I don't think he needs to be completely repulsed by Mindy to not live with her. I think Zach just plain doesn't do anything he doesn't want to do. He knows his marriage to Mindy isn't going to work so he's done and he isn't going to give up his home, his life or his routine just because that's what he signed on for when he agreed to be on this show. He's a jackass.

Girls and women should wear some makeup, freckles or not. Especially on t.v.  Why not look your best?  Unkept hair and no makeup like they just rolled out of bed is a turn off.  Why look like an old mop?  Look good for yourself and your husband.  Nothing wrong with that.  I’m sorry Ohwell, meant for another post attached to yours.

Oh good Lord, why? I mean, if women (or men for that matter) want to style their hair and do their makeup, great. I spend a fair amount of time and money on that sort of thing. But if they don't, that's also fine. Be clean and neat and tidy but no one is obligated to constantly get all dolled up to look good for other people.

• Love 16
On 2/19/2020 at 7:06 PM, Kira53 said:

His wife is very controling.

The fact that she makes much more $$$$ than he does might have something to do with her Controlling ways.  

That type of dynamic works for some couples.  Both parties have to agree that one person "runs the show."

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Ha, I'm always amazed and think these people are brave!  I'm 52 and I don't leave my house without eyeliner, foundation, mascara!

• LOL 1
18 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Ha, I'm always amazed and think these people are brave!  I'm 52 and I don't leave my house without eyeliner, foundation, mascara!

I’m older and always put on light foundation, lipstick, eyeliner, even to go to the store.  And comb my hair.  Why not?  Never know who you’re gonna bump into.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

It's one thing to be confident, that's fine if she is.  But it's another thing to put another person down like she did with Derek, saying he lacked "game."  Her mom should have asked her exactly what she meant by that comment.  

He lacked game?  Why, she’s a ball of fire?  Put them together and see who has game the most.  Girls would be all over him.  He’s tall, built, and looks like Ashton Kutcher.  Is she kidding?

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

He lacked game?  Why, she’s a ball of fire?  Put them together and see who has game the most.  Girls would be all over him.  He’s tall, built, and looks like Ashton Kutcher.  Is she kidding?

While I really don't like Katie's dismissal of Derek for not having game, the concept of 'having game' is about more than just looks.  Someone who is tall, built, and looks like Ashton Kutcher could attract girls, but it is entirely possible that someone like that can also not have game.  It is very obvious that Katie wants an alpha male, take-charge guy...a more crass phrase is that she wants someone "whose pimp hand is strong".  Truthfully, I believe that's what she thinks she wants...but that if she was actually married to someone like that, she would be miserable outside the bedroom.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Katie had makeup on for her wedding but her freckles were obvious anyway, & that was probably decent makeup. Maybe something really heavy would cover better, but even though Katie gets on my nerves I don't see any reason she should clog her pores trying to cover freckles.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

While I really don't like Katie's dismissal of Derek for not having game, the concept of 'having game' is about more than just looks.  Someone who is tall, built, and looks like Ashton Kutcher could attract girls, but it is entirely possible that someone like that can also not have game.  It is very obvious that Katie wants an alpha male, take-charge guy...a more crass phrase is that she wants someone "whose pimp hand is strong".  Truthfully, I believe that's what she thinks she wants...but that if she was actually married to someone like that, she would be miserable outside the bedroom

My husband makes way more than I do, as in 4x, and I make a good salary.  He doesn’t “run the show” because he makes more.  We are a team. We found each other later in life, maybe that is the difference. 
ETA that Momma Katie was totally throwing shade, saying “there’s no better out there” meaning Katie’s ex.  Katie immediately got defensive.  Telling. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

While I really don't like Katie's dismissal of Derek for not having game, the concept of 'having game' is about more than just looks.  Someone who is tall, built, and looks like Ashton Kutcher could attract girls, but it is entirely possible that someone like that can also not have game.  It is very obvious that Katie wants an alpha male, take-charge guy...a more crass phrase is that she wants someone "whose pimp hand is strong".  Truthfully, I believe that's what she thinks she wants...but that if she was actually married to someone like that, she would be miserable outside the bedroom.

I meant at first sight.  The “ game” comes after, when they start conversing.

2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I’m older and always put on light foundation, lipstick, eyeliner, even to go to the store.  And comb my hair.  Why not?  Never know who you’re gonna bump into.  

Why not? Well - I just can’t be bothered?with the full face paint to get a gallon of milk. I’m clean. My hair is neat. But anyone who would judge me for not having on full makeup in the grocery store - I can’t bring myself to care about someone who judges on such shallow criteria.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Why not? Well - I just can’t be bothered?with the full face paint to get a gallon of milk. I’m clean. My hair is neat. But anyone who would judge me for not having on full makeup in the grocery store - I can’t bring myself to care about someone who judges on such shallow criteria.

I’m more likely to judge someone at the grocery or the gym who has a full face of makeup.  But then I am 49 and not part of the Instagram generation.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Everything doesn’t have to be perfect.  Screw the dishes.  Sit down and talk with your husband

Never! Dishes are immediately washed in our household the moment we finish eating. Happily married over 20 years and I’m a lot like Jessica. You can wash them together and talk while washing them ( we actually share, one washes and one dries/cleans countertops). To each their own

43 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

But anyone who would judge me for not having on full makeup in the grocery store - I can’t bring myself to care about someone who judges on such shallow criteria.

Totally with you on that! I only care about dogs’ opinions. Dogs must like me or I’m heart broken. Screw humans. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, princelina said:

Ashley and Anthony said something on couples couch that I agree with. It appears as though Jessica takes subtle jabs at Austin in the form of a joke. At least Meka would tell him exactly how she feels.

• Love 3