Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Home is Where Your Spouse Is

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, spunky said:

Ashley and Anthony said something on couples couch that I agree with. It appears as though Jessica takes subtle jabs at Austin in the form of a joke. At least Meka would tell him exactly how she feels.

If it were me I could handle joking jabs from someone who seemed to really like me.  I wouldn't want to spend all day every day hearing exactly how Meka feels. YMMV 😄 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 2/19/2020 at 10:19 PM, Soup333 said:

Whoever had the idea to have five couples and extend the show to two hours should be fired. This is excruciatingly boring. 

I totally agree.  How many monotonous hours of "relationship talk" do we have to be subject to, especially with the high proportion of meaningless "word salad" this season?  At least try to show us some more interesting scenes!  On top of that I've been unusually busy lately and it takes me 3 days to catch up with this mess.  Between the two hours of show and half hour of unfiltered I'm overwhelmed.  This is a busy TV time of year so I have other shows to watch too.  Then I come here to 6 pages of posts and it's even more overwhelming.  This was always my favorite show to snark on but now it's been ruined for me.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 2/20/2020 at 4:25 PM, DocTerv said:

This mess, my friends, is what you get when folks want a wedding but have no idea what's involved with in a marriage. They are responding to pressure from society and family to get married and have children by age whatever. They want a big party with fancy clothes and the spotlight on them. They think people fall in love on a time schedule. What do you mean you may not love me in 8 weeks? They don't seem to get that their partner may not always fulfil their every fantasy. 

Very few of the people on any season of MAFS seem to grasp what's involved with an actual marriage.

I do think that’s true for most of the people on this show, but my heart bleeds for people like Mindy and Amber (from last season) who genuinely seemed to be looking for love and marriage but were purposely matched with men who are all wrong for them. Granted, they should have known from past seasons that for most people, going on MAFS is a piss-poor way to find twu luv. 

I also think Meka is genuinely looking for love. I do agree with other posters that she can be overly-critical—although I give her the benefit of the doubt and see it as a failed attempt at making sarcastic humor. Like her comments in the spice store about Michael saying he loves spices but not having any in his home. Sometimes the way she says things, her tone of voice, makes her sound abrasive and humorless.

But I don’t believe that’s true about her. Meka wouldn’t continuously reach out to Michael and Pastor Cal about her marriage if she only wanted a lap dog to boss around. She craves clarity and communication from Michael. She craves consistency. Hell, she craves a kind word from Michael. Seriously, has either of them complimented each other lately? They talk about being committed to the marriage and growing in friendship, but has Michael ever told Meka he likes her natural hair—a trait he previously said he loves on a woman? Has Ms. Ambition ever told Michel she’s proud of him for being promoted and getting the offer to be a principal?

I agree with other posters that all of these couples need to do more fun activities together that would give them opportunities to talk and get to know one another. In the DC area, there are tons of museums—besides the Smithsonians, there’s the International Spy Museum, for example. I’m sure most of them haven’t been to that one. And I don’t know what the weather is like, but there’s a Six Flags amusement park less than 30 minutes away. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, spunky said:

Ashley and Anthony said something on couples couch that I agree with. It appears as though Jessica takes subtle jabs at Austin in the form of a joke. At least Meka would tell him exactly how she feels.

For a couple of weeks, they should be nicer to each other.  No jabs of any kind, but I guess that’s production causing drama.  For once, the honeymoon should be free of drama.  That would be nice for a change. Let’s see them all getting along and enjoying the surroundings.  There’s enough drama in everyday life.

• Love 4
On 2/19/2020 at 6:11 PM, gonecrackers said:

He's "wearing his ring" while filming, Mindy.

He "found" it & had it cleaned after wearing it TWICE! Add that to list of people, animals, & things that get more care & attention than his WIFE!! 😂😂😂😂

Edited by Lindz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, topanga said:

I also think Meka is genuinely looking for love. I do agree with other posters that she can be overly-critical—although I give her the benefit of the doubt and see it as a failed attempt at making sarcastic humor. Like her comments in the spice store about Michael saying he loves spices but not having any in his home. Sometimes the way she says things, her tone of voice, makes her sound abrasive and humorless.

But I don’t believe that’s true about her. Meka wouldn’t continuously reach out to Michael and Pastor Cal about her marriage if she only wanted a lap dog to boss around. She craves clarity and communication from Michael. She craves consistency. Hell, she craves a kind word from Michael. Seriously, has either of them complimented each other lately? They talk about being committed to the marriage and growing in friendship, but has Michael ever told Meka he likes her natural hair—a trait he previously said he loves on a woman? Has Ms. Ambition ever told Michel she’s proud of him for being promoted and getting the offer to be a principal?

I can identify with Meka, to an extent. I'm learning from them. Their communication is just so bad. Maybe they've had more good moments off camera. He's at least in the bed, even though she doesn't trust him. 😅 If they haven't complimented each other, it could be the difficulties blocking them or maybe FEAR of showing those cards.

• Love 2
On 2/19/2020 at 7:50 PM, Elizzikra said:

Why not? I don't necessarily love Katie but I'll give her this - she was born with a face full of freckles and she doesn't try to cover them with an inch of makeup or laser them off because society tells her they are unattractive. She is confident and thinks she deserves to be happy. Why would we want her to be any other way? I don't think she is arrogant but I think that society spends a lot of time telling young women all the reasons they aren't worthy and don't measure up. Good for Katie for being confident and feeling like she deserves happiness. As the mom of a teenaged daughter, I wish I saw much more of this in young women than I typically do.

Her feeling she deserves better is premature. It's like she's looking for excuses to quit the marriage. She's hung up on him never being in love and him saying he won't be at the end of the experiment. QUIT WHINING & address & get through it. She should be focused on HOW they will make their marriage a healthy, successful one.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 6
On 2/19/2020 at 8:04 PM, Leilani said:

I can't repeat  this enough times, Zach must really find something off putting about Mindy not to be able to fulfill this 8 week TV gig. It could be her scent, it could be she looks like she's 45, it could be  her horse face, or it could be he doesn't like brunettes. Whatever it is, Mindy should have accepted he just wasn't into her and moved on after the 2nd time he said he wasn't attracted to her.

He could also be a RESPECTABLE ADULT & legit QUIT instead of breadcrumbing her & putting on a show NO ONE believes or wants to see!!

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 6
On 2/19/2020 at 8:36 PM, ECM1231 said:

Friends/family of Taylor and Brandon needed to all shut their traps. I'm not fan of Brandon but the airing of all that dirty laundry was too much.

I think more dangerous situations should be shared with family & friends. But, the "experts" are USELESS! Pastor Cal said in a previous season to keep those matters private. But, it's becoming a trend of unstable behavior so I support friends & family attempting to help correct his behavior. Maybe he could've gotten one more strike before they were told about it. I think less details are okay to share. I'm glad his own family discussed it with him too.

• Love 4
On 2/19/2020 at 6:59 PM, Silver Bells said:

Yep, he worked also, came home and cooked.  Then she didn’t like that the clean dishes weren’t put away.  Some husbands wouldn’t have done either.  Not being appreciated can grate on his nerves after awhile.

OMG HE COOKED (It's MEATBALLS, not spaghetti)!! INSISTED on washing the dishes!! & OFFERED to put away the dishes??!! #IDIE!! I would STILL be telling him how AMAZING he is!! That's so friggin AWESOME! ICANTEVENDEAL!! 😂😂 She better praise that man!! They're in FIRST PLACE from what we've seen!

• Love 7
On 2/19/2020 at 6:18 PM, Straycat80 said:

I think Derek thinks bathroom humor is funny. 

If he won't stop, perhaps she can share her bathroom humor during "sexy time." I wonder if he'd find it funny then. 😂

Edited by Lindz
  • LOL 2
On 2/20/2020 at 12:40 PM, Liberty said:

Totally inappropriate for these teams to gang up on Zach and Brandon.

Totally appropriate! They didn't get it from their wives they disrespected or the experts. They had it coming. It was overdue. Zach needed more to get him to quit the show.

• Love 5
On 2/20/2020 at 4:06 PM, qtpye said:

There are people who are theorized that she is only talking about the ex because she was hurt when Derek said he thought it would take a while to fall in love. Derek was probably just being practical but her whole body language changed after that statement. It might be she was falling hard and fast for him and thought he was doing the same.

She might be trying to reject him first because she is trying to protect herself emotionally from getting hurt.

MAJOR FAILURE on Pastor Cal's part to STOP that "ex" narrative & focus on Derek revising his timeline for love & getting them to a better place about it.

• Love 1
On 2/20/2020 at 4:07 PM, Leilani said:

Mindy and everyone else out there who thinks Zach owes it to her to give it a try or is obligated in some way to make it work when he has already said HE IS NOT ATTRACTED TO HER and also DIDN'T MOVE IN is the reason why they wrote that book: He's Just Not That Into You-if a man isn't around you, calling you, telling you he's attracted to you, or moving in with you, he's just not that into you.

I know I don't like it when men are attracted to me and I'm not to them and I try to let them down the easiest way possible which I'm sure every woman has had to endure. They could be rich, successful, nice, blah blah blah but I'm just not that into them and I can't even spend one evening let alone 8 weeks when I'm not into it. Zach must feel the same way. Move along.

The same goes for a man, for whatever reason Zach doesn't want to move in or have to sleep with her horse face and overbite is his perogrative. There are plenty of men who like women who look like Mindy, he's not the last man on the planet. Geesh

ADDED: Mindy should have demanded they match her with another man, or maybe she can be on again next season and give it another try or she can just look for another man who is attracted to her and wants to be around her.

I probably sound like Zach talking in circles explaining this and trying to be polite. If I was not polite I probably would be able to make it clear to more people about this situation and so could Zach.

EXXXXXXXXACTLY!! He should move along with his bs & quit LYING. He owes her the TRUTH! Not just that he's not attracted, but that he's QUIT the marriage & is just there for his closeup of his rabbit bottom teeth. 😂😂

Edited by Lindz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 2/21/2020 at 10:47 AM, Ilovepie said:

I took Mindy's response as similar to yours, in that she said "I'm impressed" in the flattest, most sarcastic way possible. I find most of her responses to him that way, like she knows he's full of crap and she is just humoring him to get through it. I honestly don't think she cares what he says or does at this point. I think she was done in Panama after that last dinner.

THIS! They're tryna out FAKE each other & on Decision Day, Mindy's gunna UNLOAD & BURN THE PLACE DOWN!! I hope! 😂

Edited by Lindz
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

For a couple of weeks, they should be nicer to each other.  No jabs of any kind, but I guess that’s production causing drama.  For once, the honeymoon should be free of drama.  That would be nice for a change. Let’s see them all getting along and enjoying the surroundings.  There’s enough drama in everyday life.

I agree with you. I just wish she was more appreciative of him. He could have claimed tiredness and not even bother to cook and clean for her. Yet she keeps making passive aggressive comments.

• Love 7
On 2/20/2020 at 5:16 PM, Alexander Pope said:

I continue to root for Austin and Jessica but I wasn't thrilled by the way she made "playful," i.e. sarcastic comments about his messiness, lack of beer pong ability, etc,. in front of his friends.  Or the way she praised his home cooked meal as "edible" (what I wouldn't give for a home-cooked meal from anyone but me at the end of a long day--I love my husband but he doesn't cook).  Austin takes it in stride but those little jabs build up and start to hurt.

On 2/20/2020 at 6:26 PM, ChiMama said:

I also thought there was a bit of an edge to her teasing / taunting during the beer pong game. One "carrying the team" is fun, but she seemed to harp on it and imply at the end he was lying about how many times he scored. I don't know, it just seemed a bit mean-spirited (to put him in his place in front of their friends?) vs. all in fun teasing . . .

We don't know that he feels badly. Time will tell, but he seems okay with it & if he is, that's all that matters.

• Love 2
On 2/19/2020 at 5:17 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

She's the anti-Mindy.

TERRIBLY MORBIDLY!! 😨😨 I thought she was 2 Taylors, maybe 2 Mindys or 1.5 Taylors. But hey, she came on the show anyway. That's so brave! 😅 Maybe seeing herself on tv will spark the change.

18 hours ago, GettingGray said:

Regarding Brandon, when he was showing some of his guests the apartment, he showed a room that had his gaming equipment and he commented that he spent all his time gaming.

I don't think Brandon is smart enough to say that comment as a  barb of not being invited into Taylor's bed, but I think it is another flag to Taylor that when Brandon would be at home, that he will spend a lot of time gaming, not spending time with Taylor.

He did say to her right after the wedding, "But I do love my Xbox though." Her reply was, "Oh, I have an Xbox One and an Xbox 360," so it appeared she had some interest in gaming as well. It hasn't been mentioned since though. I'm all for letting off steam by playing a game. To me, it's no different than escaping for an hour with a book, or needing to knit or something for a while to just chill.

Brandon sounds like he's playing "all day" which would typically be problematic but he probably is doing that because there's nothing there between them and he has to pass the time somehow. The show may want to portray Brandon as somehow blowing the chances of a successful marriage because he spends his time on the Xbox, but I think that's bogus. He's likely spending time gaming because there's nothing else for him to do. Every week he looks more and more like a powder keg that's about to blow and it's been quite clear from day one that these two were a poor match.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Oh good Lord, why? I mean, if women (or men for that matter) want to style their hair and do their makeup, great. I spend a fair amount of time and money on that sort of thing. But if they don't, that's also fine. Be clean and neat and tidy but no one is obligated to constantly get all dolled up to look good for other people.

I think it's important to note that only 50% of the population would even be up for consideration as being obligated, and it's very clearly along gender lines. 

19 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Ha, I'm always amazed and think these people are brave!  I'm 52 and I don't leave my house without eyeliner, foundation, mascara!

I'm 62 and haven't worn even a speck of makeup since high school.  It saddens me that a woman or girl choosing to look like what she looks like would be considered brave.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 2/22/2020 at 6:50 AM, Lindz said:

He "found" it & had it cleaned after wearing it TWICE!

Zach is channeling his inner Lady Macbeth... Out, damned spot....

Cheese and crackers, Zach.... now the symbol of your marriage to Mindy is aa  dirty as you have characterized her hygiene ....

The jeweler must think you nutso asking to get your ball and chain wedding band cleaned after wearing it a grand total of twice

Maybe boil it to sterilize it....

Anyone else annoyed with Zach's continued and pointed use of "hanging out"...what the hell....

What was the meaning of Mindy making a reference to his favorite boxed wine versus the good stuff he brought to the Inquisition apartment.

What was the deal with Zach not giving Mindy a decent pour?

Stingy with wine=selfish and uncharitable.

He is his own worse enemy...the more he is on camera the worse he makes himself look...He needs to stop talking because his BS is just jibber jabber..

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Could barely hear the dialogue during Katie's and Derek's segment...all the hammering and sawing of the exit ramps being built......

Derek...if you have to poo at your work toilet then you hold it through the commute and evacuate your feces away from the love nest...you are fouling her wanting anything to do with your fun zone...all the poop talk is extinguishing the "fiyah"....

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, topanga said:

I also think Meka is genuinely looking for love. I do agree with other posters that she can be overly-critical—although I give her the benefit of the doubt and see it as a failed attempt at making sarcastic humor. Like her comments in the spice store about Michael saying he loves spices but not having any in his home. Sometimes the way she says things, her tone of voice, makes her sound abrasive and humorless.

But I don’t believe that’s true about her. Meka wouldn’t continuously reach out to Michael and Pastor Cal about her marriage if she only wanted a lap dog to boss around.

I agree - I just find her annoying.  She actually reminds me of a friend I met in college - 30 years later we are still friends but it's because we live in different cities and keep up by phone!  When we get together she's just a pain in the ass; when we were both single she would point out that I was always going on vacation with other friends and never her; I somehow managed to always gloss things over and not have to say "That's because you're not fun".  She would meet guys online and date them for a while and then tell me why they broke up and could never see that she was way too rigid and the breakups were her fault. (IMO of course - but based on what she told me!). But she now has a husband and they seem happy together so yay!  There's a lid for every pot and all that.  Mr. P and I did go visit them for a weekend recently and he kept texting me "WTF?" from the same room when she started being a PITA 😄 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Meka and Michael take an exciting shopping excursion to the spices and (I don't drink) tea shop...

Foolish me I have been doing it all wrong...Buying spices as you need them versus having them "in wait" according to Chef Meka...you wanna open a cabinet (if Michael will allow them to be behind a door) and boom... the spices you need are there for immediate usage....

Co-winky dinky or not...McCormick spices was a sponsor of this episode...

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Brandon, your thousand apologies aren't sincere enough for the angry, uncalled for FUs delivered for no reason out toward your spouse and cast mates for your unhappiness at  doing what you signed a contract to do...be documented...be interviewed...be married to Tay...

Your auntie put herself on the line for your bad behavior and you don't deserve it if you Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde or become the Invisible Man on future episodes

As for Brandon being late for the Bro Party...he arrives just late enough to be filmed for 2 minutes...and get a fleeting TH done...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Lindz said:

MAJOR FAILURE on Pastor Cal's part to STOP that "ex" narrative & focus on Derek revising his timeline for love & getting them to a better place about it.

Pastor Cal should have redirected her- or not brought it up in the first place (it was a great ratings-booster and he KNEW about it because it came up early on). But Derek does not need to revise his timeline... he could word things a little better, as in "I think 8 weeks may be a little soon to determine whether I have a strong love for Katie, but I am optimistic that we are growing in our affection for each other," or some such that doesn't allow her to spin it as "he said he won't love me in 8 weeks!!!"

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Lindz said:

EXXXXXXXXACTLY!! He should move along with his bs & quit LYING. He owes her the TRUTH! Not just that he's not attracted, but that he's QUIT the marriage & is just there for his closeup of his rabbit bottom teeth. 😂😂

Looks wise, you’d have to be a real dummy to see they do not match.  It’s the experts fault, not Zack and Mindy’s.  He’s trying to let her down easy without being a creep, and she’s a fool to think there’s a chance.  Both of them have to give up.  He did, but she didn’t.  Zack didn’t do anything wrong.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm 62 and haven't worn even a speck of makeup since high school.  It saddens me that a woman or girl choosing to look like what she looks like would be considered brave.

I’m 41 and my make up is usually a little eye shadow, lip gloss and a barely noticeable touch of mascara. I barely touch with it. The heavy mascara creeps me out! I keep my hair in a bun at home and “getting my hair done” constitutes of letting it down and brushing it once a day. I never wear and don’t own foundations, eye liners and other heavy stuff. I am proud of my natural look and that’s all I care about. I love how Jessica looks with minimal makeup 

• Love 5

Mindy seems to make a feast out of every crumb of affection or tepid insincere compliment Zach feeds her...makes it even more pathetic....

Their convos are so forced...their monotoned, stilted, shallow, ill attempts at communicating...

Mindy was rubbing and petting Zach's dog so hard... like she was going to shear clumps of fur off...

• Love 2
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

(meant as a joke) but you have identified yourself as the outlier!

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Looks wise, you’d have to be a real dummy to see they do not match.  It’s the experts fault, not Zack and Mindy’s.  He’s trying to let her down easy without being a creep, and she’s a fool to think there’s a chance.  Both of them have to give up.  He did, but she didn’t.  Zack didn’t do anything wrong.

Yup. He's PERFECT! Totally COHERENT & very DIRECT! We all feel so bad for his suffering he's going through FAKING like he's trying to grow his marriage! He such a great liar, he could ALMOST pass for an actor! Totally CONVINCING! He gets more & more attractive the more we see his jacked up bottom teeth behind his LYING lips! He gave up so much that he's still meeting with his wife & said he's committed to the marriage, WHY???? That takes TWO & he has no problem being a selfish prick! We feel so bad that he can't fully commit to QUITTING! What? Someone good-looking's gotta be in the shot? He's doing it for America? The PATRIOT! Give him a MEDAL! HOW is telling her he's not attracted, not to call him her husband, not wearing his ring, & refusing to move in, "letting her down easy?" He's been rude, disrespectful, & downright vile & Mindy is the one treating their spouse better than they DESERVE! WHEN is this "letting her down easy" going to wrap up? We all want it to be over with, for his sake. His poor suffering, showing up for filming & finding different ways to spew the same garbage, which would be significantly LESS had he decided to divorce! But those cameras, they NEED him, huh?? 😂😂

Edited by Lindz
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

The problem is that when some people find someone amazingly good looking it is hard for them to believe that others don’t feel the same way. 

Out of the grooms, I would have ranked Zach fourth in the looks department and that was before he ever opened his mouth. I find Derek, Austin, and Brandon to be more handsome than him.

I also am not attracted to overly muscular short men because I prefer tall lean guys who are cut.

My husband’s friend just takes it as a given that all guys prefer blondes and those that don’t are gay. My husband loves brunettes and has never been attracted to a blonde his whole life and his friend thought this was unbelievable.

That said Mindy did seem totally attracted to him and he seems almost repulsed by her.

He does things like not give her a good pour or step in on her turn because he literally can not stand to be around her. She has a cool job and is probably an amazing athlete and he could care less. I actually think that it is something in her personality that he hates more than her looks.

• Love 7

Zach perked up when someone complimented his hair other than that he was still trying to sell to anyone who hasn't called BS that he needs separation and a safe distance from Mindy to build feign any emotion other than revulsion by the sight, smell, sound of her....

When Mindy mentioned that Zach was coming over, the group all looked like they smelled poop on the bottom of someone's shoe...but whose?

Zach is where fun comes to die....

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Zack did do something wrong. He signed up to make a good faith effort at a marriage with a woman he would meet the first time at the altar. He signed up to go on a honeymoon and then live as the husband to the woman with whom he was matched, for 60 days. He has done none of that. If nothing else, it shows me that Zack’s word is worthless.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
5 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I don't think their looks are that disparate; and even if they were, this isn't a beauty contest.

That said, I don't understand at all your comment that  "he's trying to let her down easy." He isn't saying ANYTHING and making nebulous remarks about being "thrusted together" on the honeymoon and "hanging out" when, if he really isn't interested, is just confusing her (and me too) and giving her false hope. 

He did a lot wrong- he didn't read the expectations of this "experiment" as pertain to his contract on the show. He has to make a fair go at marrying a stranger. He has made no effort. None.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, qtpye said:

Out of the grooms, I would have ranked Zach fourth in the looks department and that was before he ever opened his mouth. I find Derek, Austin, and Brandon to be more handsome than him.

He does things like not give her a good pour or step in on her turn because he literally can not stand to be around her. She has a cool job and is probably an amazing athlete and he could care less. I actually think that it is something in her personality that he hates more than her looks.

I agree with you about ranking Zach 4th in looks.  Where I'm not sure is in he's hating something about her personality more than looks.  When I was in high school i was totally on board with the "Nope, no way, I could never find that person attractive" philosophy.  Years and decades later, I would have to say I've changed.  Personalities and behavior can definitely turn me on or off.  So the question is - does Zach actually hate something about her personality/he couldn't get over her not taking a shower the first night/something else???  Or is he just immature and can't get over the fact that she was not what he expected to see?  Either way he's in his 30s and should be able to handle it.  Why can't he? She can't be that awful or the other women would have a problem with her too.

• Love 6
On 2/19/2020 at 6:59 PM, Ohwell said:

Zach might be a doofus but he really could be a hair model.  Plus he has a nice-shaped head.

Mindy's friend with the headband is annoying.  

That's not his hair. It's from people gassing up his head!

On 2/19/2020 at 7:04 PM, TeacherWoman said:

Pardon the obvious for my first post here.  But how hard did they have to look to get a vacation-resort-sized-transport-van full of assholes to marry each other on this show?  Actually, I am amazed the "experts" could fail so spectacularly.

This show has jumped the shark. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, princelina said:

I agree with you about ranking Zach 4th in looks.  Where I'm not sure is in he's hating something about her personality more than looks.  When I was in high school i was totally on board with the "Nope, no way, I could never find that person attractive" philosophy.  Years and decades later, I would have to say I've changed.  Personalities and behavior can definitely turn me on or off.  So the question is - does Zach actually hate something about her personality/he couldn't get over her not taking a shower the first night/something else???  Or is he just immature and can't get over the fact that she was not what he expected to see?  Either way he's in his 30s and should be able to handle it.  Why can't he? She can't be that awful or the other women would have a problem with her too.

Totally agree. I do think he was disappointed in her looks at the wedding but still willing to give it the old college try. The more he got to know her the worse it got, to the point of almost not being able to stand her by the time they left Panama.

He really should have the maturity to move in with her and sleep in that second bedroom.  It adds insult to injury that he only lives ten minutes away, so there is no real downside when it comes to practical matters like his work commute.

Mindy is in a nightmare situation and almost worst case scenario.  If she gives up, Zach wii blame her for not trying hard enough and if she holds out hope, she looks desperate. The only way it could get worse is if Zack has outstanding warrants for his arrest.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 2/21/2020 at 10:41 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Maybe the reason why Katie has had her heart broken is because she goes for guys who have “game”. Just another example of her immaturity, diabetes notwithstanding 🙄

I liked Katie in the beginning, but not anymore.  I thought her very disrespectful to her mother. I would be mortified if my daughter announced on national television that I had to get married because I was pregnant. That was just plain nasty and rude. 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I don't think their looks are that disparate; and even if they were, this isn't a beauty contest.

That said, I don't understand at all your comment that  "he's trying to let her down easy." He isn't saying ANYTHING and making nebulous remarks about being "thrusted together" on the honeymoon and "hanging out" when, if he really isn't interested, is just confusing her (and me too) and giving her false hope. 

He did a lot wrong- he didn't read the expectations of this "experiment" as pertain to his contract on the show. He has to make a fair go at marrying a stranger. He has made no effort. None.

He is saying SOMETHING, and quite explicitly so: "I am not attracted to you." Not exactly subtle.

• Love 1

One thing that bugs the crap out of me (no pun intended) about Derek is that nothing seems to sink in.  He’s broadcasted to Katie, his father, Cal in front of Katie and the other guys that he can’t fall in love in eight weeks. The overall reaction seemed to be looking at him like he had three heads. Obviously he could’ve worded that better but when others give him sensible advice, he still doesn’t seem to get the problem he created.  He has a big happy smile and moves on to tell the next group.  Ditto re his poop announcements.  She says she told him about that on the honeymoon.  He’s home now and still doing it.  He acts like a simpleton.  He’s not reading the room. She’s spewing her list of what she’s not liking to her mother and her friends while his summation consisted of feeling she could get along with his friends. And a big smile.  I don’t like her even a little bit but dude needs to wake up and grow up.  

I haven’t liked weird Jessica from the jump either but thought if they get along, ok for them.  She’s getting worse.  I get that his mommy may have bossed him around all his life but Jessica is a passive aggressive pain in the ass.  It’s a shame because he seems like a genuinely nice guy.  Her need to be bossy and top dog; her personality in general is beyond annoying.  She’s neck and neck with that idiot, AJ from last season, for me.  

Brandon and “Zatch” aren’t cut out for this show at all.  It was disturbing to hear those who created the Brandon monster defending him.  Those aren’t mistakes; his moves are deliberate.  I lose it when I hear some say at least Zatch is honest.  The guy tells her two days in that he’s not attracted to her, makes zero effort to get to know her on the honeymoon, refuses to live with her, talks in incoherent circles and yet throws her a bone every now and then by saying he’s still in it, blah blah blah.  It looked like zero effort to me. 

Michael and Meka are a challenge.  She seems like the most joyless creature who’s ever taken a breath of life. Some of these couples are blessed with and surrounded by good friends and nice families and I’m glad M&M enjoyed the time with theirs but forever seems like it would be a long, harrowing haul with these two.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Kareem said:

One thing that bugs the crap out of me (no pun intended) about Derek is that nothing seems to sink in.  He’s broadcasted to Katie, his father, Cal in front of Katie and the other guys that he can’t fall in love in eight weeks. The overall reaction seemed to be looking at him like he had three heads. Obviously he could’ve worded that better but when others give him sensible advice, he still doesn’t seem to get the problem he created.  He has a big happy smile and moves on to tell the next group.  Ditto re his poop announcements.  She says she told him about that on the honeymoon.  He’s home now and still doing it.  He acts like a simpleton.  He’s not reading the room. She’s spewing her list of what she’s not liking to her mother and her friends while his summation consisted of feeling she could get along with his friends. And a big smile.  I don’t like her even a little bit but dude needs to wake up and grow up.  

I haven’t liked weird Jessica from the jump either but thought if they get along, ok for them.  She’s getting worse.  I get that his mommy may have bossed him around all his life but Jessica is a passive aggressive pain in the ass.  It’s a shame because he seems like a genuinely nice guy.  Her need to be bossy and top dog; her personality in general is beyond annoying.  She’s neck and neck with that idiot, AJ from last season, for me.  

Brandon and “Zatch” aren’t cut out for this show at all.  It was disturbing to hear those who created the Brandon monster defending him.  Those aren’t mistakes; his moves are deliberate.  I lose it when I hear some say at least Zatch is honest.  The guy tells her two days in that he’s not attracted to her, makes zero effort to get to know her on the honeymoon, refuses to live with her, talks in incoherent circles and yet throws her a bone every now and then by saying he’s still in it, blah blah blah.  It looked like zero effort to me. 

Michael and Meka are a challenge.  She seems like the most joyless creature who’s ever taken a breath of life. Some of these couples are blessed with and surrounded by good friends and nice families and I’m glad M&M enjoyed the time with theirs but forever seems like it would be a long, harrowing haul with these two.  

Yep you nailed it!  How did any of them get picked to be somebody's spouse?

Perhaps we are seeing why up until now they couldn't find their own partner!  They had to be matched.

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 3

Derek seems to be treating his marriage like he treats all his other (failed) relationships. He said himself that he’s good at the dating stage, he just sucks at being committed or letting himself fall in love. He acts charming and smitten like his girlfriend is the only woman in the world. Then when the girlfriend is invested and tells him she’s in love, he begins his withdrawal. That’s why he keeps boasting that he’s never been in love. He likes all the goofy, lovey dovey stuff, he just doesn’t want to be serious.

It’s sad to me that Katie keeps saying that Derek doesn’t have game. She’s not getting it. Derek’s game is just undercover which is more dangerous than those guys who approach you with the hair gel and the obviously cheesy lines. He is the only one who during the honeymoon thought up the rose petals and strawberries to surprise his wife. All the other men just followed his lead because they never would have thought of that themselves. Guys who do those kind of “romantic” things have usually done them before and they just keep doing them because they realized that it worked. I bet you all Derek’s ex-girlfriends say he was the most romantic, attentive, and affectionate boyfriend... until he got what he wanted and checked out. Plus Derek is highly attractive. He’s getting plenty of attention from women; he’s not going to see a need to settle down for awhile. I think he and Zach are two sides of the same coin. Derek is just more smooth about it.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, qtpye said:

He (Zach) does things like not give her a good pour or step in on her turn because he literally can not stand to be around her. She has a cool job and is probably an amazing athlete and he could care less. I actually think that it is something in her personality that he hates more than her looks.

It was interesting that he took her turn when they were playing but I also had to wonder why Mindy didn’t say anything. She could have reminded him it was her turn when he walked over to the table. 

Zach doesn’t seem interested in her AT ALL. We’ve never seen them actively discussing her ice skating and his training and wasn’t that the reason they were matched? She mentioned tutoring a couple kids and he just blew right past it. No depth to the conversation. He just doesn’t have it for her in any aspect, not even a vague curiosity in who she is as a person. Michael and Meka even had a moment where Michael talked about his passion for education. 

Derek’s chipmunk cheeks make me think of him as cute in a little boy way. His potty talk is childish but I like the nerdy side of him. 

• Love 1