Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Home is Where Your Spouse Is

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

She's enjoying her audience, but, I'm here for her putting Zach on the spot.

And we'll probably not see her again the rest of the season.

But Mindy's friend putting him on the spot doesn't change a damn thing and she knows it.  She just wanted the camera time.   I do hope we never see her again though.

• Love 10

Pardon the obvious for my first post here.  But how hard did they have to look to get a vacation-resort-sized-transport-van full of assholes to marry each other on this show?  Actually, I am amazed the "experts" could fail so spectacularly.

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Yep, he worked also, came home and cooked.  Then she didn’t like that the clean dishes weren’t put away.  Some husbands wouldn’t have done either.  Not being appreciated can grate on his nerves after awhile.

So she didn't like that the dishes weren't put away?  Austin, you can do better than this substitute mama.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Michael always sounds like he just sucked on a helium balloon.

1 hour ago, spunky said:

His voice coupled with his flavor saver beard are super unattractive.

Reasons 1198 and 2947 why he’s supremely unattractive to me. I’d rather have Zach. He wouldn’t have to say a single word. Just show up topless and silent and we’ll go from there. 

1 hour ago, spunky said:

The look on Zach's face tells me he's not buying Brandon's crap.

Can’t bullshit a bullshitter. 

1 hour ago, 2727 said:

This is painful. Lost had fewer recaps and flashbacks than this dumb show.

Whoever had the idea to have five couples and extend the show to two hours should be fired. This is excruciatingly boring. 

Meka is exhausting. Does she ever have anything positive to say? Ever?

The way Katie spoke to her mother at their lunch was shocking. Sounds like there is some resentment there. She’s a mess. And very basic. Like basic is a step up. Maybe several steps up. 

Also, the number of times the word like was spoken during this episode!! I think Mindy is the only woman to not use it 100 times in three sentences. 

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I'm embarrassed for Mindy at this point. When she said she'd be open to "hanging out" with Zach, I was like "Why?" Like, that is what you say to someone you met off a dating app after a first date. "Would you want to hang out again?" "I'd be open to that, yeah!"

Lord, Mindy is so thankful for any crumb of affection he offers. Her overeager attitude comes off as desperate and off putting. I like Mindy and think Zach is a jerk but she really needs to stop excusing his bullshit.

35 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

On Unfiltered Zach said that Mindy told him they should see other people which is why he didn’t move in.  He said it happened off camera.  Did anyone else who watched Unfiltered hear this?  I call bs.  Big time. 

It’s hard to believe this since she was obviously so eager to be married to him. He probably suggested it and she was to scared to outright disagree.

34 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

So is Brandon.  He checked out from the get go.

Brandon is not in this marriage. He has no more desire for his wife than Zack

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 18
6 minutes ago, shouldbedancing said:

I love how Katie’s mom was subtly telling her that she’s punching above her weight and she should really work to make this work and Katie instantly turned into a super bitch. She really has a lofty sense of herself. And shes very anal retentive about potty talk for someone who made Derek inject her on like night 3. These two aren’t going to make it.

I agree.  Katie is very full of herself and I don’t get why.  Derek deserves better, and someone please tell me WHY is he still sleeping with her when she is still crying about her ex?  Derek and Mindy have no shame.

• Love 19
13 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I agree.  Katie is very full of herself and I don’t get why.  Derek deserves better, and someone please tell me WHY is he still sleeping with her when she is still crying about her ex?  Derek and Mindy have no shame.

Why not? I don't necessarily love Katie but I'll give her this - she was born with a face full of freckles and she doesn't try to cover them with an inch of makeup or laser them off because society tells her they are unattractive. She is confident and thinks she deserves to be happy. Why would we want her to be any other way? I don't think she is arrogant but I think that society spends a lot of time telling young women all the reasons they aren't worthy and don't measure up. Good for Katie for being confident and feeling like she deserves happiness. As the mom of a teenaged daughter, I wish I saw much more of this in young women than I typically do.

On Unfiltered Zach said that Mindy told him they should see other people which is why he didn’t move in.  He said it happened off camera.  Did anyone else who watched Unfiltered hear this?  I call bs.  Big time. 

I don't watch Unfiltered but does Zach even know what show he signed up for? Mindy deserves so much better. Anyone deserves so much better. What a dick.

• Love 22

Someone should probably tell Katie that 26 is still relatively young.  She is behaving as though it's her last chance at love.  This is what happens when you watch "The Bachelor" and use it as a template.

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
32 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Reasons 1198 and 2947 why he’s supremely unattractive to me. I’d rather have Zach. He wouldn’t have to say a single word. Just show up topless and silent and we’ll go from there. 

Can’t bullshit a bullshitter. 

Whoever had the idea to have five couples and extend the show to two hours should be fired. This is excruciatingly boring. 

Meka is exhausting. Does she ever have anything positive to say? Ever?

The way Katie spoke to her mother at their lunch was shocking. Sounds like there is some resentment there. She’s a mess. And very basic. Like basic is a step up. Maybe several steps up. 

Also, the number of times the word like was spoken during this episode!! I think Mindy is the only woman to not use it 100 times in three sentences. 

The show has been two hours for a while now. They've been stretching. It's new model. I blame 90 day fiance. None of these shows need more than a hour. But, they get to charge more for ads this way. And now we have their sneaky way into getting people to watch reruns with couples couch as well.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Why not? I don't necessarily love Katie but I'll give her this - she was born with a face full of freckles and she doesn't try to cover them with an inch of makeup or laser them off because society tells her they are unattractive. She is confident and thinks she deserves to be happy. Why would we want her to be any other way? I don't think she is arrogant but I think that society spends a lot of time telling young women all the reasons they aren't worthy and don't measure up. Good for Katie for being confident and feeling like she deserves happiness. As the mom of a teenaged daughter, I wish I saw much more of this in young women than I typically do.

I don't watch Unfiltered but does Zach even know what show he signed up for? Mindy deserves so much better. Anyone deserves so much better. What a dick.

Sure but Katie’s idea of happiness has her living in fantasy land. Her mom was trying to bring her back to earth. She has some ideal that she wants her perfect man to be and her mom was trying to let her know that’s not going to happen. She should try working on appreciating what she’s got. Plus, more important than her looks, her attitude is nasty. 

Edited by shouldbedancing
  • Love 23

I can't repeat  this enough times, Zach must really find something off putting about Mindy not to be able to fulfill this 8 week TV gig. It could be her scent, it could be she looks like she's 45, it could be  her horse face, or it could be he doesn't like brunettes. Whatever it is, Mindy should have accepted he just wasn't into her and moved on after the 2nd time he said he wasn't attracted to her.

Edited by Leilani
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

What is so wrong with Derek saying he doesn't know if he is going to be in love with her in eight weeks?

I wish they would shut up about him never being in love. Deonna wasn't in a relationship for ten years and she is just fine now!

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

So Katie wishes Derek had more "game"?  Seriously?  This little twit should be glad she's got Derek.

Oh yeah- sure. You know who was a hell of a gamer? The one that walked away from her til she threatened going on a reality show to "marry a stranger"! This twit likes to be fu**ed with both in and out of the bedroom. Well, Katie- be careful what you look for because you just might get it.

Eventually maybe she'll end up with the asshole of her dreams who will still, in the end, shit right in front of her face. Only by then it'll be too late and they'll be old and more gross. So instead of the nice, kind shit-head it'll be the jerk shit-head. 

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, Leilani said:

Whatever it is, Mindy should have accepted he just wasn't into her and moved on after the 2nd time he said he wasn't attracted to her.

Mindy says she is committed to the marriage as she lives alone in the apartment and is all excited that Zach wants to hang out. Where is Dr. Phil?

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

Did Zach say he had his ring cleaned.  If so I’m thinking he maybe has some real issues with cleanliness. We already know he was concerned about sharing a bed with Mindy when she hadn’t showered.  I think guys like that have a real hard time being in a relationship.  Maybe he thought he could do it but his demons got the best of him....it might explain his strange behaviour.

• Useful 8
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

The humping dog is a collie. My neighbor had one when I was a kid and it was always trying to hump everyone’s leg, maybe it’s the breed? IDK, but that was funny. 

I don't know that dogs humping humans is breed specific. Our 10 y.o. collie has never done that.

Friends/family of Taylor and Brandon needed to all shut their traps. I'm not fan of Brandon but the airing of all that dirty laundry was too much.

Derek's dad, learned from his divorce and gave good advice. Idk why Katie is so hung up on the " Derek can't fall in love in 8 weeks" thing. He never said he would NEVER fall in love with her, but it might take longer than 8 weeks. In his talking heads he looks totally besotted. However, knock off the potty comments!.

No hope for Zach  and Mindy or Meka and Michael.

I think Austin/Jessica will make it but Austin gives in too much. Jess is super bossy. He's bending over backwards for her.  I know she works crazy long days but most nurses I know who work 12 hr days ( she said 14), only work 3 days a week. He made dinner and she complained that the dishwasher wasn't emptied? He suggests she change and he'll unload the dw and clean the dinner dishes after having cooked? She needs to give more. Beer pong bragging bugged me too. Not a fan.

• Love 22

20 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Mindy says she is committed to the marriage as she lives alone in the apartment and is all excited that Zach wants to hang out. Where is Dr. Phil?

Zach could pay for billboards all over town: MINDY I'M NOT ATTRACTED TO YOU and she'd still not understand what the problem is and waiting for him to decide to give it a go. lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I like Derek, but for someone claiming to never have been in love he sure has a lot of timelines and rules.  He needs to let things happen or not happen naturally.  I guess maybe he’s just setting the scenario in case Katie goes back to her ex.  Dumbest move ever for her saying she still has feelings for the ex in front of him.    Must be a drama maker.

And oh dear dear Mindy.  You are being played so Zach can preen and pose for the camera.  My guess his type is like Pam Anderson on bay watch, his idea of athletic.  He has turned into a stupid piece of scenery and seems not very bright while doing it.  Vote him off!!!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Yep, he worked also, came home and cooked.  Then she didn’t like that the clean dishes weren’t put away.  Some husbands wouldn’t have done either.  Not being appreciated can grate on his nerves after awhile.

He was also shown vacuuming and he makes the bed too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jade Foxx said:

He looks like a gnome to me. 

His eyes were strange, I thought maybe he had been crying.  These guys have so many issues but not many normal guys would actually do a show like this I don’t think 🤔 

• Love 6

There's also the possibility Zach has someone else he is serious about and he wants to assure  this person he didn't have sex with Mindy and was NOT ATTRACTED TO HER, that would be one obvious explanation for his odd behavior.

• Useful 11
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

The show has been two hours for a while now. They've been stretching. It's new model. I blame 90 day fiance. None of these shows need more than a hour. But, they get to charge more for ads this way. And now we have their sneaky way into getting people to watch reruns with couples couch as well.

This is the first season it’s been two hours long. 

4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Zach showed up at the lunch for screen time, Brandon showed up for the free food & drinks.

So that was a lunch?  I was confused because to me getting together with friends at a bar to play giant jenga is a happy hour/evening activity, and drinking mimosas is a brunch activity.  And then I thought that if Zach can only be bothered to get together for screen time at brunch it means he had something he'd prefer to do for the rest of the day.  Hilarious that when he showed up at Mindy's house it seemed like they had gone through all of the boxed wine since it never appeared.  Even more hilarious to my cold sexist heart was Zach at the guys meeting, drinking his red wine whilst properly holding the stem of his glass like a big showoff, while all the other guys had beers like normal men 😄   Don't anyone yell at me - I'm sure he's welcome to drink what he pleases, but it looked silly and pretentious to me and made me laugh at him 😁

4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Woah!  Meka's mom jumped on that bed with Michael like she was ready to get it on with him. 

At first glance I though it WAS Meka and wondered how her boobs got so big all of a sudden 😄 

3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

She's enjoying her audience, but, I'm here for her putting Zach on the spot.

21 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

So how else would anyone spell "Zach?" It's the more common short version of Zachary. 

I agreed with everything Mindy's friend said about Zach EXCEPT the spelling of his name.  The shortened form of Zachary is spelled Zach.  I have a cousin with that name and some people think it's spelled Zack.  It is not and THAT is the stupid spelling.  I wonder if Mindy's friend is the type of mom who would spell her kid's name Zackery just to show how unique she is 🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

“I like a guy who is more mysterious than he is;” said the wife who found a ton of cash and a gun in her husband’s nightstand.

She would have been more impressed if it was a real gun. She probably wants a bad boy that's had relationship after relationship and that leaves the house (room) without even telling her where he's going. Also, he would never talk to his mom the way she talked to hers 

• Love 5

Wait. Mindy said there was a side of Zach she hoped she could see more of? Mindy, you're not seeing him at all unless the producers threaten him with a cattle prod when they come by with the cameras.

LOL! OMG, Zach is an embarrassment to the concept of the show. Also the execution. Everything and everyone, really, except Mindy's friends. I'd watch them for an hour (but not two, really, Show?)

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

On Unfiltered, JamieO asked Zach what his type is & he answers "athletic". JamieO bursts out with how Mindy IS "athletic" ... awkward silence, Michael squirms in seat, Zach's antiperspirant works overtime...

He did say he's more attracted to soccer/volleyball type women. Translation: thicc women. Mindy is athletic but not like that. She's very thin and is probably very strong but doesn't have that toned and muscular appearance. Regardless, he's a gigantic tool.

3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I’m impressed with Austin, cooking and doing the dishes. 

I also liked that he made it clear that he knows she works a lot harder than he does, and he said it in an admiring way. It didn't seem to me that she was complaining about him not emptying the dishwasher, per se. When he said it was full, she seemed surprised that he meant he ran it and it was full of clean dishes. Then she told him emptying it is her least favorite (I don't blame her, I hate it too) but it came across to me as just letting him know that fact about her. I don't think she expected him to offer to do that and clean up the dinner mess - she even suggested they do it together, but he insisted. They seem to be working out well and really digging in to marriage in a genuine way, as opposed to stirring up petty drama like the other couples.

The dog is the only one in the Taylor/Brandon marriage getting any action.

When someone said Tyson is Brandon's "partner" rather than Taylor, I almost choked. 🤣

Mallory is speaking for the viewers this season.

I don't care if she's playing for the cameras - I'm loving it!

2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Omg when she snapped at her mother that maybe she wasn't really in love with the men she married, I truly gasped. I couldn't believe how nasty she was being.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

What is so wrong with Derek saying he doesn't know if he is going to be in love with her in eight weeks?

I wish they would shut up about him never being in love. Deonna wasn't in a relationship for ten years and she is just fine now!

This is why I kind of hate low drama couples on this show. They lay in on one narrative and squeeze every bit of juice out of because there is nothing else. 

See not being in a relationship for 10 years, being a virgin, she doesn't want to sleep with me even though we just met. Explore other things. Stop analyzing this one problem to death. What could be a small or workable problem is becoming a huge one just because someone being neurotic.

35 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I LIKE 2 hours of MAFS. It's my guilty pleasure. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I do too. But, I tape it. If I was watching live I would be ready to jump off a building before hour 2 kicks in.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

This is the first season it’s been two hours long. 

They've had plenty of extended episodes past an hour before. But, yes this is the first season where it's the norm. Unfiltered I used to watch which made it longer for me as well.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 1

Recap of next week's preview (and boy, does it look like a shitshow)

Pastor Cal voice over: "Next time on Married at First Sight..."

Austin, removing note from front door of apartment: "We got a little note on the door."

PC: "With only five weeks left until Decision Day..."

Cut to Michael opening envelope and passing note to Meka. Meka reads it, smiling.

Cut to Zach and Mindy standing outside on a river bank; Mindy is holding a similar note.

PC: "Our couples will focus on their spouse to uncover what love is really about."

Cut to Derek and Katie, sitting at table. Derek is looking at Katie and she is wiping away a tear, but she is smiling, so I don't think she's upset.

Back to Zach and Mindy at river; Zach is reading the note the note aloud: "What will it take to fall in love in the real world?" Zach says, "I feel like this is it for sure." Cut to Mindy, smiling.

Cut to Jessica and Austin, sitting on living room couch. Jessica: "Were you in love before?" Austin: "Yeah." Jessica: "How long were you together before you said I love you?" Austin: "A year." Cue dramatic music. Jessica in ITM: "For me, that's a long time." Back to Austin: "I just can't rush into that type of word." (What is with these non-committal guys anyway?) 

Cut to Katie and Derek in bed. Derek: "I do think it's [bleep] that it's a red flag that I haven't found love yet." Katie looks a bit skeptical.

Cut to Michael and Meka, on couches. (I notice they never seem to sit together). Michael: "Despite the fact that we're married there are just certain things I'd like to keep to myself."  Meka: "But when facing uncomfortable situations, your reaction is to lie." Michael stands up, and walks away. Michael in kitchen ITM: "This notion that I'm like, out here just lying, it's ridiculous." He shuts his eyes and shakes his head.

Cut to Brandon, putting on backpack in apartment. Brandon voiceover: "Taylor made an instagram post where she is a single woman."  Cue Taylor in IG live saying, "I feel like I have the most minimum [bleep] requirements to finding a man, and not a soul meets them." Holy crap, she has a list posted: 6'3"+; No record; [blacked out line]; Sane; Fine as hell; Got a job. (Bottom of the screen says: "Can be any race as long as the {eggplant emoji} right".

Spoiler

The blacked out line says "Not gay"

Cut to Michael and Brandon, outside at night. Brandon: "This was malicious. You were trying to hurt me, and your message was received." 

Good Lord, what a mess this is turning out to be.

Edited by gingerandcloves
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9