Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Carlton and Shantel's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Properly roasted turkey doesn't need gravy (I am not opposed to using a bit of jus, though) and my mashed potatoes (our family recipe!) don't need gravy either!

Last Christmas I made Ina Garten's mashed potatoes with goat cheese. I will never make them without goat cheese again. So good!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Properly roasted turkey doesn't need gravy (I am not opposed to using a bit of jus, though) and my mashed potatoes (our family recipe!) don't need gravy either!   Can't speak for stuffing because I don't eat it.  I tried a couple times, and just don't get it.  Just like bread pudding.  A very American thing... just like I don't expect my American friends to develop a taste for dressed herring (smoked herring buried under shredded beets, carrots, potatoes, onion and mayo)

Oh I would love to develop a taste for that, like now.

• Love 5
Just now, 88Keys said:

This episode may set the record for the most blurred buttcracks.  

I hope TLC sees this and they have my permission to blur all butt cracks in the future and female scrotoms too.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

They would both be very attractive if they lost some of that tonnage. Carlton has a nice smile and cute dimples. Shantel and very pretty. 

They were adorable in their little kid photos 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Properly roasted turkey doesn't need gravy (I am not opposed to using a bit of jus, though) and my mashed potatoes (our family recipe!) don't need gravy either!   Can't speak for stuffing because I don't eat it.  I tried a couple times, and just don't get it.  Just like bread pudding.  A very American thing... just like I don't expect my American friends to develop a taste for dressed herring (smoked herring buried under shredded beets, carrots, potatoes, onion and mayo)

Actually I think I would love that herring dish. But girlfriend, back away from my stuffing and grrrravy, LOL!☺

• LOL 5
3 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Your dressed herring sounds wonderful!  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

They would both be very attractive if they lost some of that tonnage. Carlton has a nice smile and cute dimples. Shantel and very pretty. 

He does have dimples.  I wonder if they will go away when he loses weight.  

Shantel takes care of her appearance...  that's a positive sign.   And Carlton did obtain his GED so he can apply effort when he has to.

It's good they got out of the house, at least.  Maybe it will motivate them, reminding them of all the possibilities out there.  

• Love 7
Just now, Callaphera said:

Nothing needs gravy - but it won't stop me from wanting to swim in a vat of it and make happy seal noises.

Exactly. Gravy is one of my favorite things. It's never a necessity, but an extra oomph. Last week, I roasted some country ribs and made pork gravy just because. It was yummy. 

That grocery cart put in work today! 🤣🤣

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Hellga said:

... just like I don't expect my American friends to develop a taste for dressed herring (smoked herring buried under shredded beets, carrots, potatoes, onion and mayo)

Are you Scandinavian? That's the kind of thing my Norwegian friend liked to eat (though she developed a taste for American salad dressing while she was in grad school here). 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

When the guy on the teaser for the Twitney show says 'Do you still have feelings for Whitney', my husband always says ' Yeah, revulsion'.

Laughed out loud on this one!!!!  🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 5
5 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

She has the perfect ASMR voice.  A recording of her would help me sleep!

Have you tried The French Whisperer? Other end of the scale (deep and sonorous) but great for putting me to sleep. 

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Leilani said:

Yay Shantel  down -130 lbs

Carlon down -132 lbs

Dr Know is proud of both

Think of the money saved. I was at Mickey D the other day after a long spell of no fast food, and the prices have gone thru the roof. I ended up ordering off the value menu. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Me too and frankly it doesn't have to be Thanksgiving for me to enjoy that traditional meal complete with my homemade sweet potato pie.😊

My family usually does a pre-T-day meal a few months before. lol

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Snarkastikate said:

I'll gladly volunteer for hole digging duty.  But only if we can throw Jazz and the Sister Wives dude in there too. 

I'll  provide the  backhoe  if we can toss Whitney Thore  in there, too. Anybody  got 5 acres to donate? 😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 3