Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Carlton and Shantel's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, Giant Misfit said:

Man, Dr Now is really mumbly again tonight. They need to bust out the subtitles.

I always watch with subtitles. I dunno if there's a correlation between weight, laziness, and speech but there's an awful lot of mumblers and lazy talkers on this show. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, 88Keys said:

Honestly, they could eat a little turkey and green beans and maybe a roll and still be OK.  But I know they won't stop there.

"We ate the foods we thought were healthy."  Not "we stuck to Dr. Now's diet."  Oy.

Exactly. One meal at Thanksgiving, even with all the trimmings, will not destroy any diet plan. However, extending that one meal for weeks at a time will.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I just admitted watching this show to my realtor, after she yelled "say yes to the house" into the phone and referenced "Say yes to the dress" - and she admitted to watching the 90-day fiancé.  TLC sure has the grip on the honest working women! :)))))

Edie Falco watches Dr. Pimple Popper...

• Love 2
Just now, DC Gal in VA said:

Exactly. One meal at Thanksgiving, even with all the trimmings, will not destroy any diet plan. However, extending that one meal for weeks at a time will.

You think they would let leftovers go to waste?   ANd I am sure there was no shortage of pies.  And not just apple pie, but calorie bombs that are pecan pies.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

No molestation, but the father beat the mother so badly that the military authorities stepped in and put the wife and kids in a shelter. 

I can't believe that poor minivan had to haul all four of their carcasses.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Okay but if you eat the leftover stuffing and gravy for two days (because you make an extra casserole dish on the side and threaten to attack the husband with a fork if he comes between you and your sausage/bread/cracker/seasoning/gravy goodness), it still counts as the same meal, right? Because it was made at the same time as the main meal sooo...

I'm already planning ahead for my Easter Stuffing Extravaganza, in case you can't tell. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 5

"We will do whatever it takes."

Except stick to the diet and exercise, apparently.  

4 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Man, Dr Now is really mumbly again tonight. They need to bust out the subtitles.

I thought so too, but this really isn't holding my interest so I thought maybe I just wasn't listening closely.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Heh heh , I wanna see their versions of "small" portions.

Okay quoting myself here but I am rather bitter about not getting to see their small portions as well as the marathon eating that must have happened for weeks after! 😡

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Lola...yoohoo.  Where are you?

It will be interesting to see if she will be their therapist.  The last black poundicipant didn't get assigned to her.  Practitioner/patient (racial) concordance can make a difference in outcomes many times.

• Love 1
Just now, Callaphera said:

leftover stuffing and gravy 

I guess that's me betraying my overseas origins - I love turkey, and cranberry sauce, and sweet potatoes, and all the vegetable sides - but I abhor stuffing and don't make gravy (though I will have a little bit if it is being served at the table).  

• Love 1
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m late to the show. How are they related.

Brother and sister.  Apparently they moved a lot as children and relied on each other (which I can understand to some degree).

• Love 3
Just now, MrsRopersCaftan said:

I find it incredibly hard to believe a bariatric surgeon is sending people home without a veritable MOUNTAIN of paperwork and information. This whole, “ We didn’t know better” excuse is a steaming pile of bullcrap.

If only they had small devices that they could use anywhere and look up this kind of information. If only such things existed.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, I cop to it proudly! "I watch the WORST shit on TV! I watch My 600 Pound Life", I watch "90 Day Fiance", and I talk to my invisible friends on the internet about them in real time!" 

"Invisible friends"! I love it!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Leilani said:

I've grown fond of Lola's voice and wigs.

I love Lola. There, I said it. 

3 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

Time for Lola!  I can’t believe how scared they are about not living together.

They're like the anorexic twins on Intervention. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, 88Keys said:

I thought so too, but this really isn't holding my interest so I thought maybe I just wasn't listening closely.

Yeah, lack of interest over here, too. Could be why I'm struggling to pay attention. 

2 minutes ago, Wollstonecraft said:

I like her but I get a fake, sing-songy vibe from her.  

Virtually every healthcare professional develops sing-song manner of speaking with difficult or potentially difficult patients.  Self-preservation. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

I guess that's me betraying my overseas origins - I love turkey, and cranberry sauce, and sweet potatoes, and all the vegetable sides - but I abhor stuffing and don't make gravy (though I will have a little bit if it is being served at the table).  

That's fair. More for me!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Okay but if you eat the leftover stuffing and gravy for two days (because you make an extra casserole dish on the side and threaten to attack the husband with a fork if he comes between you and your sausage/bread/cracker/seasoning/gravy goodness), it still counts as the same meal, right? Because it was made at the same time as the main meal sooo...

I'm already planning ahead for my Easter Stuffing Extravaganza, in case you can't tell. 

Just go to Boston Market and get a meal for each person No leftovers and the sides are pretty much portion controlled. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Actually, I discovered that it's called stuffing if you put it inside the bird, but dressing if it's in a separate pan.    Your recipe sounds great.   Don't let Carlton, and Shantel know about it, or your front door, and entire meal will be gone in the home invasion.  

So Dr. Now threatened to separate them, and have a controlled diet, so they go to Lola's therapy together?   

• LOL 3
  • Love 2