Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Carlton and Shantel's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Okay but if you eat the leftover stuffing and gravy for two days (because you make an extra casserole dish on the side and threaten to attack the husband with a fork if he comes between you and your sausage/bread/cracker/seasoning/gravy goodness), it still counts as the same meal, right? Because it was made at the same time as the main meal sooo...

I'm already planning ahead for my Easter Stuffing Extravaganza, in case you can't tell. 

That meal looked like grocery store pre ordered dinner for 12.  Not too bad.  

• Love 3

I hope they brought their pens so they can start writing their letters to their dad.

Your memories are FASCINATING, Carlton.

Just now, CrazyInAlabama said:

Actually, I discovered that it's called stuffing if you put it inside the bird, but dressing if it's in a separate pan. 

I do both - there's the turkey stuffing and then there's the five pounds I make on the side for later nomming. I'm gonna start calling it druffing. 

• LOL 6
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

I guess that's me betraying my overseas origins - I love turkey, and cranberry sauce, and sweet potatoes, and all the vegetable sides - but I abhor stuffing and don't make gravy (though I will have a little bit if it is being served at the table).  

Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy over all of it!  Yum

• Love 4

I hate to say it, but Carlton is going to drag down Shantel. He's uncooperative with therapy. He's latched onto the escaped mental patient as his lifeline. And he just seems belligerent for no reason. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, WonTon said:

Is that Fat Fabulous women as annoying as she seems in the commercials?

Yes, and even more if you realize that her shows been on for a bunch of TV seasons.  

I think Michael and Monica drive the minivan around, and wait for them outside.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

FINALLY, someone tells the truth about their eating habits and taking responsibility for their size.  This is refreshing.  Go Carlton!

While his past has definitely had impact, I like that he said that he was lazy and overeats...

Edited by umgoblue
  • Love 4

As usual, I was late getting started. Dinner tonight was ramen and sautéed steak. 

Giving some major side eye to girlfriend Monica. Are we supposed to believe despite not meeting until the day before they leave, this chick was all for moving across the damn country for him? Girl...

Ugh, my children apparently hate sleep. Pause, pause, pause. 

Ooh, at the first office weigh in. Must have been a big thanksgiving dinner. Uh-huh. Sure. 

• Love 4
Just now, umgoblue said:

FINALLY, someone tells the truth about their eating habits and taking responsibility for their size.  This is refreshing.  Go Carlton!

I agree.  It was nice to hear someone say "I'm lazy and I ate too much."  However, I think he's avoiding dealing with past issues, and how they may have lead to his overeating.  I mean, no one gets that big on laziness alone.

• Love 7
Just now, Hellga said:

Virtually every healthcare professional develops sing-song manner of speaking with difficult or potentially difficult patients.  Self-preservation. 

Ok, personally I think it's condescending, but maybe some need it if they're fragile.  

• Love 4

I’m so ticked off right now-I never get to live chat because I live in WA, but I’m in Cincinnati for work this week.  I was all excited to live chat only to have my stupid work dinner run late, and when I finally got back to the hotel I discovered the TV doesn’t have TLC. CURSE YOU, MARRIOTT!

Sigh. Oh well, just had to chime in and tell you all how much I love reading the live chats after I’ve watched the show. Please return to your regularly scheduled snarking 🙂

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, Gbb said:

Omg I thought they were at the gym working out! “I can’t walk any more!” 

They were just walking down Lola’s hallway 😐

Half the appointment was taken up with them catching their breath. 

• LOL 10

The food is NOT making Carlton "happy," Shantel! He's nearly 800 pounds. 

And why is this only "three months later?" It's already 9:25!

Just now, WonTon said:

Yeah, but Lola's dress is fab! I would DIE to raid her wardrobe!

She looked very pretty tonight.

Just now, Wollstonecraft said:

Ok, personally I think it's condescending, but maybe some need it if they're fragile.  

Yeah, there is nothing I hate more than being talked down to, so I would be outta there within the first few minutes.

• Love 3

Carlton was perfectly okay to let Shantel take care of him until he met Monica. Now it's all "my life is fine! My past isn't why I'm fat." Okay, dude. Emotionally healthy people don't eat themselves to damn near 800 pounds. 

• Love 16

Dr. Lola is disgruntled that Carleton isn't sticking to the 'depression' storyline. Now how is she going to be able to tell him to write a letter to (somebody), if he refuses to blame somebody else? I think it might be a first for this show to have a pounder admit he's fat because he's lazy.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Lola...yoohoo.  Where are you?

It will be interesting to see if she will be their therapist.  The last black poundicipant didn't get assigned to her.  Practitioner/patient (racial) concordance can make a difference in outcomes many times.

Lola...you had one job.  ONE JOB! And that was to have a good session for tv and for these siblings, and you failed. 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy over all of it!  Yum

Properly roasted turkey doesn't need gravy (I am not opposed to using a bit of jus, though) and my mashed potatoes (our family recipe!) don't need gravy either!   Can't speak for stuffing because I don't eat it.  I tried a couple times, and just don't get it.  Just like bread pudding.  A very American thing... just like I don't expect my American friends to develop a taste for dressed herring (smoked herring buried under shredded beets, carrots, potatoes, onion and mayo)

• Love 4

These two are not on unlikable people.  And that is refreshing.  And, if they lost the weight, they will be quite attractive.  

Edited by Kid
  • Love 8