Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Carlton and Shantel's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

I had to take an important phone call so I missed the last half hour or so.  What happened to the white chick?

We could guess that she was dinner at some point, but I'm guessing they're using her as a free babysitter, and since they can't show kids on the screen for too long, she's been able to stay under the radar. Either that, or she's in witness protection.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I guess that's me betraying my overseas origins - I love turkey, and cranberry sauce, and sweet potatoes, and all the vegetable sides - but I abhor stuffing and don't make gravy (though I will have a little bit if it is being served at the table).  

I hate stuffing.

I love gravy, though. My mom and I are very possessive of it. We grudgingly let my dad have some. My brother doesn't like gravy. I sometimes suspect he was switched at birth.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Her excitement is contagious.  I am not sure how to take Carlton's response though.  Either bad editing or he didn't seem very happy when she was talking.

But his voice over says how excited he is...monotonously though.

Edited by umgoblue
  • Love 3
On 2/15/2020 at 1:15 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

It's a family affair
It's a family affair
It's a family affair
It's a family affair

One child grows up to be
Somebody that just loves to eat
And another child grows up to be
Somebody who loves to eat more too

Mom loves the both of them [or does she?]
You see, it's in the blood
Both kids love their food
Blood's thicker than the mud

It's a family affair

Yes, it's a family affair with mass quantities of food.  Will each of the siblings have their very own recliner?  Will they hold challenge matches to see who can eat the most?  Will we get double the bathing scenes? Is tupperware involved?

Let's watch and see.  Join us in the snarkfest that is the LIVE CHAT thread.  

Original air date 2020.02.19. 

I love this!!!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, aliya said:

Are you Scandinavian? That's the kind of thing my Norwegian friend liked to eat (though she developed a taste for American salad dressing while she was in grad school here). 

I'm Russian. 🙂  Haven't been to Norway, but I have tasted different herring styles in the Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden - some are very similar to Russian, some are a bit different, some are a world away.  It's amazing how many different things can be done to that fish!  

• Love 9

I am so happy for the both of them: Shantal down 130, Carlton down 132 but TLC please stop with the fake ass suspense of "I hope I lost weight" bullshit. There's no way in Hell that they didn't know that they had lost weight or feel differently in their bodies. Those are significant percentages of their body weights, not 5 or 10 pounds off. I could tell just by the way they moved and the lack of all the huffing and puffing we heard earlier. Please. Just. Stop it.

• Love 4
Just now, ams1001 said:

I love gravy, though. My mom and I are very possessive of it. We grudgingly let my dad have some. My brother doesn't like gravy. I sometimes suspect he was switched at birth.

There was minor drama at my in-law's holiday dinners until they realized that if they sat the gravy boat between me and my brother-in-law and kept topping it up throughout the meal, it was a more pleasant experience. 

Of course, the husband comes with his own can of cranberry sauce because his mom forgot it once when he was 12 and he's never forgotten or forgiven her for it so we're not exactly #holidaygoals

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

Have we seen the inside of Carlton's place at all? I admit I'm half paying attention to the TV tonight and may have missed it.

1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

The guy with really gorgeous hair is on 90DF, Syngin from South Africa.  He seems rather useless, hung up on all his dreams but not working, but he does have lovely hair.

Got my reality shows mixed up!  

• LOL 5

I love how they are showing that you don't have to buy a gym membership to workout.

Funny though,  Husband is encouraging and like: "I'm watching you." 

Me: Get your ass up and exercise too, you are one Snickers, a whole pan of lasagna and 5 grapes away from your very own episode!

Edited by umgoblue
Because y'all didn't tell me that he was her husband! You know that I came in late.
  • LOL 18
  • Love 6

What a turn around! Shantel is cleaning house, and using the stairs to build strength and endurance, the floors are spotless and the house is tidy.  Carlton is walking on his own. 

If Carlton got a haircut, we will know that the transformation is at a soul-level.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

Have we seen the inside of Carlton's place at all? I admit I'm half paying attention to the TV tonight and may have missed it.

I think they all live together.  After all, they nearly had heart attacks at the thought of being separated!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

The guy with really gorgeous hair is on 90DF, Syngin from South Africa.  He seems rather useless, hung up on all his dreams but not working, but he does have lovely hair.

Honestly, if he jumped ship from local witch doctor Tania to Twatney, I think it would be an improvement. 

How sad. 

• LOL 6
2 minutes ago, Ivylady said:

That house is so clean compared to where they started. You can tell they're doing better mentally and physically. 

Probably a combination of factors - they are feeling better mentally and physically, the place is theirs and not their Mom's, it was probably new or at least cleaned when they moved in and maintenance is easier than deep-cleaning though years of grime.. and the old house probably was very worn and falling apart in places.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Hey Pounders! How's everyone's eating habit tonight? (I had avocado toast, my favorite). I hope no one has residual pain from being in pain for so long, or is having a heart attack!

I cannot watch til later but I am having copious amounts of pizza.  And candy.  It is 1200 cal/meal right?

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

If Carlton got a haircut, we will know that the transformation is at a soul-level.

Carlton would be a very very handsome man if he lost weight. He has really nice features. You couldn't see them before because he was so....puffy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

I haven't but I love Whispersred.

TFW is great. He talks about history, philosophy, science, all kinds of things. Interesting but in a documentary kind of way that lets you fall asleep. 

Edited by Gbb
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

I love how they are showing that you don't have to buy a gym membership to workout.

Funny though:  BF is encouraging and like: "I'm watching you." 

Me: Get your ass up and exercise too, you are one Snickers, a whole pan of lasagna and 5 grapes away from your very own episode!

"5 grapes" LOL !

• LOL 6