Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Reunion Part 2

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I guess that wasn't as bad as I expected, but that's not exactly high praise.  It was still a ridiculous shit show and Andy is the absolute worst host.  I was surprised any of the guys even got questioned on their actions.

Oh and also, I was absolutely livid when whichever douchebag it was said Lee left the stage because he was confused, trying to portray him as a doddering old man.

• Love 20
5 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Brian's hashtags make me feel like I'm back in middle school. and high school. and college. "Calm down!" "Take a chill pill!" "It's just a joke!" "Where's your sense of humor?" 

Also, if you've got to add those hashtags, you shouldn't have said what you said in the first place. My goodness, how absolutely minuscule is his brain??

Probably smaller than the shingles hopefully raging on his dick right now. 

Edited by MrsWitter
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

It was refreshing to get back to the boards and see posters slamming down Andy for both his misogyny and his inability to effectively conduct a reunion.

Well, yes.  He is a piece of work.  

WRT Kate, I wish her the best.  I've enjoyed her on BD and hope she lands on her feet.  She seems to be a savvy sort so I'm not too worried and am looking forward to hearing about her next adventures.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

He was neither speaking nor being spoken to when he left so I’m not sure how he was running away from being questioned.

I agree.  The bro's violated his tenets.  They both embarrassed themselves and the boat.  Next round, they will be required to return to the boat after a couple of hours, CAPT Lee will accompany them on almost every outing, or they won't be allowed to leave the boat.  I don't see many other options.

I'm fine with all of these alternatives. This last season was shit.

• Love 16

Actually I think "Reality TV" as a genre of unscripted entertainment is dying and has outlived its expiration date.

Reality TV was fun in the early days, but now I find it really depressing. It's tawdry and desperate.

I couldn't even watch all of the reunion because I'm over this group.

My final thoughts are that Kate and Lee are the personification of disingenuous. Kate learned to take jabs (Ashton's mother) that she knew would annoy while pretending to be innocent. I'll be glad to see her gone because she made a lot of people's lives miserable.  Of course Lee favors her - it's never been otherwise but now the two of them are being challenged openly. I wonder if Kate is leaving over a salary dispute. I posted on a Housewives forum that it's rumored that Bravo is stepping away from paying its "stars" a lot of money.

The grilling of the idiot deck crew was too little, too late. Bravo cynically created and encouraged this nasty season and profited off of it, all the way through the reunion.

They need to get rid of Andy as host - he's a creep and his time has come and gone.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

So, Andy, I hope you read this. Because at the end you ask the women what things they want to change or work on about themselves. You asked all BUT Courtney. Why is that? Because she is already good in that she knows to keep her mouth shut and be a good little woman and knows her place. Right, Andy, you fucking wanker!!!!!!!

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 5

Did they forget to play the "never had to work this hard to get my di** su**ed" comment by Ashton?  Or was it just excessive bad examples of him & the brüs by that point?  

I didn't even realize the horrible /abusive way the ladies were treated this season until the montage of it all, complete with sand kicking into Kate's face. I think the reason I never saw the women as victims in particular was because (exception being Courtney since she is a sensitive lady) they have a pretty thick skin.  Kate and Rhylee are very rough around the edges and know how to push buttons/show aggression & passive aggression regardless of who it's directed towards.  

Courtney deserves much better than what she got with Brian. Especially since he has a daughter.  Courtney is the type anyone should be proud to have as a daughter with regard to her grace. Brian should take into consideration how his daughter will feel to one day see the cruel way he acted towards Courtney.  

Brüs need to learn that Capt. Lee is their elder. He's been around a long time, been married to his one lady, been a father, buried a child. Those sloppy wannabe playboys should stop attempting to defend themselves. Kate may be rude but say you don't  care for her & move on.

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, albarino said:

Well, yes.  He is a piece of work.  

WRT Kate, I wish her the best.  I've enjoyed her on BD and hope she lands on her feet.  She seems to be a savvy sort so I'm not too worried and am looking forward to hearing about her next adventures.

I would love to see Kate as one of those "private charter yacht brokers" - we've seen them on both iterations of the show - Below Deck and Below Deck Med.  I think she would be excellent at that.  I would also LOVE to see her return to BD or BDM as a guest in that capacity.  It would be entertaining, to say the least!  

Could you imagine Kate, as a guest, coming up against Hannah?? 🙂 

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7

Although I believe Andy's evil intentions were to support the bru crew and bring down the girls, I'm actually glad he asked them and Captain Lee what they would change from this season. Mainly because it showed how inconsequential those things are as opposed to the completely reprehensible flaws of the boys.

Captain Lee conceded he would make changes on future charter seasons. Kate answered appropriately and truthfully about improving on her patience and building morale. Riley admitted she needs to work on her reactiveness which is true. Simone indirectly mentioned her passive-aggressiveness by saying if she's unhappy, she needs to talk to her superior about it. And Courtney didn't get asked because she so amazingly awesome, there's nothing to change.

Andy unintentionally demonstrated that the girls and Captain Lee are able to reflect and improve on their mistakes based on watching the season. Comparatively, it highlighted how much more reprehensible the brus' behavior was and how none of them sincerely learned anything from their actions.

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, mytmo said:

Initially Bravo tv was light hearted and funny.  It has grown increasingly dark and mean spirited. 

Completely agree.  I'm now mostly on the Food Network but find TLC amusing as well.  I watch a few shows on Bravo but they get worse every year. Heck, I just realized how much better my life would be without this shit show.  Must think my life choices......

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Did they forget to play the "never had to work this hard to get my di** su**ed" comment by Ashton?  Or was it just excessive bad examples of him & the brüs by that point?  

I didn't even realize the horrible /abusive way the ladies were treated this season until the montage of it all, complete with sand kicking into Kate's face. I think the reason I never saw the women as victims in particular was because (exception being Courtney since she is a sensitive lady) they have a pretty thick skin.  Kate and Rhylee are very rough around the edges and know how to push buttons/show aggression & passive aggression regardless of who it's directed towards.  

Courtney deserves much better than what she got with Brian. Especially since he has a daughter.  Courtney is the type anyone should be proud to have as a daughter with regard to her grace. Brian should take into consideration how his daughter will feel to one day see the cruel way he acted towards Courtney.  

Brüs need to learn that Capt. Lee is their elder. He's been around a long time, been married to his one lady, been a father, buried a child. Those sloppy wannabe playboys should stop attempting to defend themselves. Kate may be rude but say you don't  care for her & move on.

Again, Courtney is the good little gal since she knows her place and stays in her lane, right? Kate and Rhylee are nasty bitches because they DARE speak their mind and push back on the overtly aggressive behaviors of the manfolk. [did] I get that right? All ladies heed warning...keep your mouths shut and stay in your place. Clean up after all the hard working men (OMG, Kate threw their clothes on the dirty floor... not towing the line, Kate...enter sarcasm)  and for goodness sake, suck their wee little weens when they want it (I mean Kate refused Asshat's tongue down her throat... not towing the line, again, Kate). Don't dare complain or you're a bitch and will be destroyed. That was my take away from this season. That was what those 'brus' were broadcasting loud and clear. And Andy was co-signing. Wanker that he is.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 16

Just look at how the female deckhand (don't know or care to know her name) acted before Rhylee.  She did nothing but smirk and whispered to Tanner and insisted repeatedly how she was so respected.  Also she was sooo much the weaker deckhand but accepted it happily as opposed to Rhylee who is sooo much stronger.  Retch.  Helps your visit was very short and including sleeping with the bosun - nothing happened really - sure.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I’ve been slowly drifting from the Bravo universe.   Below Deck used to be must see for me.  I quit watching the last two episodes of this season.  In fact, I may just tune in only for Top Chef and Project Runway.

The Bruh’s seemed to have orchestrated a game plan to deflect everything towards Kate/Captain Lee.  Ashton’s questioning of Captain Lee’s professionalism was really messed up.  I can’t imagine any of this cast coming back besides Captain Lee, but I’d be curious to tune in if Kelly came back and maybe another old stew such as Amy.

• Love 8

What happened in part two was Andy and the brus justifying bad behaviour and then trying to gaslight Kate, and Rhylee.  Asston was particularly awful. He was trying to change the narrative. He wasn't sorry. Oh, and let's talk about Andy Cohen. He's true self showed up and revealed the deep resentment & hatred he has  towards women. I loathe that man and would be delighted to see his downfall. 

LOVE CAPTAIN LEE!!!  I felt his frustration and would have walked away too. He knew Asston was being fake. There is nothing Asston can say or do to redeem himself in my eyes. He failed to understand that drunk or sober, a man doesn't force himself on a woman. Violent, predatory behaviour doesn't belong in any workplace, I don't care if the rules are different with yachting. What he did was appalling. His failure to truly recognize it is disturbing. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Lamima said:

Again, Courtney is the good little gal since she knows her place and stays in her lane, right? Kate and Rhylee are nasty bitches because they DARE speak their mind and push back on the overtly aggressive behaviors of the manfolk. I get that right?

Courtney stood up for herself repeatedly in a diplomatic way. She has grace. No need to be dropping "f-bombs" left and right. She was in a romance with Brian, which she articulated was a skewed perception of commonality/attractedness due to close quarters at a stretch of time. She was sensitive due to emotional investment and gave him chances after he would disrespect her covertly. She cut it right the f off and made no beans about it.

I like Kate & Rhylee but they have non-productive outbursts at times and take things personally.  The brüs are jerkoffs bc of the sheer fact that if there isn't potential to stick their weens into any of said females, they retaliate against them.  They're forgetting that a) they're not God's gift to women, b) they have a job to do and these are work colleagues in a work environment, not a singles mixer. That is the violent /creepy/ misogynistic factor. Their demeanors changed and women's "attitudes" became a problem when they refused sexual advances. 

• Love 14

I really felt for Captain Lee.  I remember reading about his son who died of an accidental drug overdose, I believe.  That is probably why he walked off for awhile.  He knows how dangerous drugs and alcohol are.  He knows what can eventually happen to someone like Ashton, if he continues on the path he's on.  And I wonder how much power Captain Lee really has on the show.  Can he really fire someone, or does it have to go through production first?  

I noticed that none of the men check each other, they seem to co sign each other's bad behavior.  We women get accused of being too hard on other women, and some of that is true, but sometimes we just want to check each other, help each other to do better.  Now, I dislike Kate, but she was right when she told Simone that there are classes in service she can take, in Florida.  Simone probably heard Kate criticizing her, and a lot of times Kate's delivery sucks, but she was basically telling Simone how she could do better.  I think Simone liked the guys because she disliked Kate, which I can understand, but isn't really fair because Ashton and the other guys were VERY disrespectful of Kate.  

I just wish Kate didn't sound like she was three sheets to the wind at the reunion, either that or too much botox/fillers. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
14 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I don't know what Simone was saying about people of color and the yachting industry because she tends to speak very fast and I can't understand her.

LOL, that's why I have closed captions.  I think she said that the yachting industry discriminated against people of color, which isn't wrong.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Jextella said:

I get it, but I think she's trying to say things without saying them straight-up.

"After many months of reflection and internal discussions, I have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new land based role," Kate shared on social media. "I intend to step back as a senior member of the Below Deck Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support His Majesty Andy Cohen."

"Internal discussions" -  I take internal to mean "with" Bravo/Andy.

"Progressive new land based role" - She has a job lined up that will lead to new and better opportunities

"Step back as a senior member of the Below Deck Family" - she's not leaving....she's just "stepping back".  I also think she is trying to say something by using the phrase "senior member".   She's asserting that she is/was a "senior member" of the Below Deck family...whatever that means.  But it implies power and a higher rank than others which might serve to justify a new gig that actually does have power.

"work to become financially independent" - Andy made it clear with the departure of Vicki Gunvalson that show participants should not rely on Bravo show wages as their sole source of income.   Kate is smart enough to know she needs something beyond Below Deck, and she's popular enough that Bravo will want to keep her around in some capacity.  And, I'd wager she'll be making a pretty penny and she used this phrase to justify it.

"continuing to fully support His Majesty Andy Cohen" - Maybe this is solely a play on words, but I think it means she's still involved in the Bravosphere somehow.

Kate doesn't ever say she's severing ties 100%.  All she's really saying is that she's taking a step back from Below Deck for a new land-based opportunity.

It's pure conjecture on my part, but I can't help but think its still within the Bravoshere.

Just a wild guess on my part, but i'm wondering if maybe she'll be hosting all the reunions from now on.  She watches all of the Bravo shows, so she knows what's going on there.  Andy sucks major donkey balls as a host, so maybe that's it?  She would be fantastic as the host of interviews, as she actually watches the shows, she's highly intelligent, she has a wicked sense of humor, etc....  At this reunion, Andy showed exactly who he is.  It was so repulsive, that if I ever see Andy on my TV, I will turn the station.  He is disgusting.  I sent him a tweet that said exactly how I feel about him.  To think in 2020, a man in power doesn't even try to hide his misogyny and hate.  I told him that unless he has someone who is loving and enlightened and informed, that I feel very sorry for his son.  I doubt I hear back from him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

It won’t happen, but it is my fondest hope that out of solidarity, no female guest will accept to appear on WWHL. Leave Andy with his brus in his clubhouse. The wonky-eyed wanker needs a full on Metoo movement to crash on his smug head. 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, albarino said:

I agree.  The bro's violated his tenets.  They both embarrassed themselves and the boat.  Next round, they will be required to return to the boat after a couple of hours, CAPT Lee will accompany them on almost every outing, or they won't be allowed to leave the boat.  I don't see many other options.

I'm fine with all of these alternatives. This last season was shit.

That’s not happening. Captain Lee is too lazy, old and entitled to go out with his crew to keep tabs on them. He would never climb a mast to fix as sail like Captain Glenn did last week on Below Deck Sailing Yacht. He is past it. A cliche spouting figurehead. Give him a half dead dog in a tuxedo and he is Ken Todd.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

That’s not happening. Captain Lee is too lazy, old and entitled to go out with his crew to keep tabs on them.

We now disagree.  If there is another season, we'll see who is correct.  I believe I am.  If he wants a BD season past this upcoming one, he has to change. His crew needs to change.  

Nobody needs to care if they lose me as a viewer; I'm not important.  Others are. 

Good Luck BD and the  assholes.  Yep, Ashton, Kevin, Brian and Tanner.  If I live near you, see you in the food line.  I won't stop for a minute to kick sand in your sorry, sorry face you dickheads! Losers!

• Love 2

Well, another BravHo show that's off my DVR permanently now, thanks to the misogyny, hate and toxic masculine aggression we saw this season. And because I won't watch without Kate because without her there is no show. And last but certainly not least, because Andy Cohen is a fetid piece of rotting shit and should be fired once and for all from BravHo. He's disgusting, and I just cannot fathom how NBC allows him to show off his uncouth, crass, and often sexual harassing comments and 'games' on his WWHL show. Anyone else doing the shit he does and says would have been pulled off the air by now and fired. So much for the #metoo movement in NBC.

ETA: I find it hard to fathom Andy Cohen is a parent given how much unbridled glee he seems to get from shit stirring and encouraging people to stoop to the lowest bottom feeder behaviors, not to mention his blantant support of this season’s aggressive and toxic male behavior. I feel for his kid, money can’t buy you class...or a  parent you can look up to apparently...

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 19
6 hours ago, terrymct said:

He also said that quitting drinking had been easy.   Yeah, that's never been put to the test in a bar or disco I'm sure.

Ashton was clearly coached as to how to apologize.  He was reciting.   Kevin had been obviously told to apologize too, although he didn't have text down.   Both, along with their bru buds, went right off script as soon as they were questioned a bit.   Pound sand, the whole bunch of you.  

Two nice points:   Courtney is not going to be one of those women who take guys back who mistreat them.  She really seems to have learned with lesson regarding Brian.   I was also glad to hear Rhylee's final comment about how she knows her temper hasn't served her well.  She was goaded left and right this season by some rotten guys.  Hopefully, she can use the experience to help her in less extreme situations.

Ashton was, to the end, pitiful.  He was trying to equate his actions all season to Kate chucking the pants on the floor.  If he's only slipped up once or twice, maybe, but he was just trying to divert attention from himself.  He's a sad, little creature.

Is a sad little f**** with a small penis.  He needs to go back to stripping.

52 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

That’s not happening. Captain Lee is too lazy, old and entitled to go out with his crew to keep tabs on them. He would never climb a mast to fix as sail like Captain Glenn did last week on Below Deck Sailing Yacht. He is past it. A cliche spouting figurehead. Give him a half dead dog in a tuxedo and he is Ken Todd.

I disagree with your description of captain Lee.  You must be this on the side of the brus.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, antfitz said:

I disagree with your description of captain Lee.  You must be this on the side of the brus.

I am on the side of a better show. Captain Lee has long abdicated his responsibly as a Captain. He is far from being hands off. He is without any hands. He spends all of his time hidden away and doesn’t know what’s going on. He is proud of that and thinks that excuses his failures. You know how you find out what is going on in your boat? You get off your ass and  ask questions. When you chief stew walks off the boat you ask questions and get to the bottom of what’s going on. You correct the situation then  and there. You don’t wait to the reunion to self righteously say you didn’t know what was going on. The first night they carried Kevin back dunk out of his mind is the time to tell him to knock it off or be confined to the boat. Don’t count how many times he was insensible and bleat about it at the reunion.

Captain Lee needs to retire. He is way past it and his lackadaisical lazy style of leadership is at the root of much of the nonsense we saw this season He was the boss and he needed to act like one not like a spectator.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 6

I have always been Team Kate. I’ll definitely  miss her. I hope she’s getting away from Andy Cohen. Like everyone else, I’m thoroughly disgusted by his misogynistic support for the BroHoles. 

I’m glad Riley was able to hold it together for the reunion. Had she really lost it with anyone, it would have moved the focus off the blatant sexism. Riley, you’re so much smarter and stronger and better than those dickhands and their clueless leader. 

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, Regalbegal said:

There was this bizarre false equivalency that Cohen seemed to be pushing that made no sense...hurting someone's feelings by saying something "mean" to them is not equivalent to physical/sexual harassment.

Thank you for this!

• Love 13
19 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I love me some Courtney. Smart, well-spoken, composed and taking no shit from anyone.

She is way too sensible to be a reality show cast member,  hope this was a one and done for her.

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, jrzy said:

She is way too sensible to be a reality show cast member,  hope this was a one and done for her

Couldn't help but always think that Courtney has thr ability to be the face of a movement or enter politics if she wanted to.  So much potential for her.

• Love 10

Besides the fact that all the male crew were horrible misogynistic assholes, how dumb is it to get this golden opportunity to get paid by the boat, great tips and paid by Bravo, with a likelihood of getting a second season, and then blow it all by getting shit faced drunk at every opportunity and acting like a bunch of fucking pigs. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
19 hours ago, njbchlover said:

It will be interesting to see next season without Kate, and a possibly more hands-on Captain Lee.

Has Kate actually said she won't be back? I know she moved to NYC, but that wouldn't keep her from shooting a 6-week show elsewhere.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Leia1021 said:

Has Kate actually said she won't be back? I know she moved to NYC, but that wouldn't keep her from shooting a 6-week show elsewhere.

Yes. Her IG Post has been posted and discussed in this thread and in the media thread. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I am on the side of a better show. Captain Lee has long abdicated his responsibly as a Captain. He is far from being hands off. He is without any hands. He spends all of his time hidden away and doesn’t know what’s going on. He is proud of that and thinks that excuses his failures. You know how you find out what is going on in your boat? You get off your ass and  ask questions. When you chief stew walks off the boat you ask questions and get to the bottom of what’s going on. You correct the situation then  and there. You don’t wait to the reunion to self righteously say you didn’t know what was going on. The first night they carried Kevin back dunk out of his mind is the time to tell him to knock it off or be confined to the boat. Don’t count how many times he was insensible and bleat about it at the reunion.

Captain Lee needs to retire. He is way past it and his lackadaisical lazy style of leadership is at the root of much of the nonsense we saw this season He was the boss and he needed to act like one not like a spectator.

They always claim that the Captain has the final word regarding safety on the boat.  I wonder how true that is.  Because Captain Sandy is so camera starved on Med that she knows what goes on but doesn't "do" anything about it.

I've been getting the feeling that Captain Lee and Kate have worked out a system between them to manage the real dynamics that are likely at play.  I suspect that those actual dynamics are that if Captain Lee actually takes a non scripted action (ie one that production disagrees with or isn't prepared to fill in for) to smooth out drama or fire a trouble maker then its likely to be Captain Lee's last season.  So Lee hides out and only acts on what Kate brings him.  Kate then brings him basically nothing in return for his full support on those things he is made aware of.

I have no doubt that production was in regular contact with Kate during her night off the boat and persuaded her to return and that it was also made clear that they weren't supportive of making a bosun change.  Lee probably got an indicator from production or Kate that this was a don't ask if you don't want to know situation.  Because there is no way to explain Lee not asking and not pressing the point otherwise.  He wants to be the Captain of a TV series more than he wants to be Captain of a boat but he wants to maintain the reputation of being a boat Captain. 

Also I think Kate isn't coming back next season because of how production handled how this season was going rather than how the season actually went.

2 hours ago, Regalbegal said:

It is sad that the old Margaret Atwood quote (to paraphrase, men are afraid women will laugh at them, women are afraid men will kill them) continues to be relevant. 

I was bothered by this.

I was also bothered by the reinforcing the approach genders seem to take in arguments.  The guys kept apologizing with a "but" that the women said or did something that negated the responsibility for what the guy did.  And that's an acceptable position and adequate apology.

Then Kate was constantly trying to reason with them that she could have done better, there were parts of what they were saying that she appreciated, but could they also explain XYZ.  But some times the other party is so far wrong that the person that might be a tiny bit wrong shouldn't need to concede anything.  But Kate kept trying to meet them half way and they all (including Andy) kept pushing that she was more in the wrong than she was already admitting.  And in the end Kate needed to sum up how she could improve.

With Rhylee, they kept harping on her reaction escalating the situation.  This to the point of it being one of the viewer questions that shouldn't she realize and learn this and do better.  This bugged the shit out of me.  It basically sends the message that four guys can gang up on her and treat her like shit and she's supposed to just sit back and take it.  Another situation where I kind of don't care if Rhylee could have handled it better or not.  The guys were more wrong and they didn't handle anything well.  And another situation of making Rhylee sum up at the end how she could do better.

Frankly, the whole thing seems a little too close to what I'd imagine a conversation between an emotionally abusive husband and abused wife would sound like.

• Love 24

Kate Chastain is educated, well traveled, articulate, witty and attractive.  She has much greater career potential than another reality show gig.  If she wants to stay on TV I could envision her on something like The View, her own Travel Show (how cool that would be!), or something that has nothing at all to do withTV.   My only hope is that she finds something that interests her and pays well.  She really doesn't owe her TV fans anything.  Supportive fans will be sending her All The Best Wishes in her next endeavor.   👍

• LOL 1
  • Love 17