Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Reunion Part 2

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

THIS!  Thank you, Gingerella.  I am already boycotting all BRAVO shows from here on and would appreciate having a list of their sponsors so I can boycott them as well..  Sexist and drunken behavior has become the sole focus of BRAVO's "reality programs" proving that tacky classless Jerry Springer-ish behavior can be found across all economic levels.  Depressing to say the least.   It's too bad how BRAVO/51 Minds ruined what started out as a really fun upstairs-downstairs premise in an interesting setting that most of us will never get to experience. Hyjinks with the crew and guest drama was very fun and rapidly built up the show as a fan favorite.  But you had to push it in the drunken and gender-based conflict drama like all the Housewives clones. You took a great show and destroyed it.  And what to say about the stupidity of NBC to tolerate (and maybe fully support)  the downward slide?  NBC obviously didn't learn anything from it's own Matt Lauer debacle, or even the well publicized misogynistic behavior at FOX that brought down a few other big names.  NBC might incorrectly believe that it's safe from criticism because fingers are mainly pointing at BRAVO. But as pundits are saying (even on MSNBC!) about the political mess and disgusting male behavior in the White House, fish starts to stink from the head down. SO NBC,  you are to blame as much as BRAVO for turning a blind eye to the outrageous male behavior on Below Deck' 7th season.  

Although this is a much larger issue than a handful of specific cast members, I'm going to use Kate Chastain as my personal 'thermometer" for measuring if/how these two  networks ever understand that a large portion of their viewers have literally been turned off.  Bring back Kate in a respectful manner or I'll know you absolutely do not "get it".  And I will show my disgust by using my $$ to support other networks and their sponsors.   

• Love 8

@1Seattlekitten, I actually started watching way more Netflix as of recently and realized there is a whole wide world out there of fabulous TV, documentaries and other shows that are actually entertaining and that I can watch because I enjoy them, not because I'm hate watching them.

As for who advertises on Bravo, one would have to watch and make a list and then post it here or elsewhere on the internet. I don't have time to do it, but I searched and there is a need for it. So if anyone has the time to do so, go for it!

• Love 4
On 2/25/2020 at 6:48 AM, 1Seattlekitten said:

NBC might incorrectly believe that it's safe from criticism because fingers are mainly pointing at BRAVO. But as pundits are saying (even on MSNBC!) about the political mess and disgusting male behavior in the White House, fish starts to stink from the head down. 

Very well said. I really used to love this show and I have always enjoyed Kate, warts and all. I was so uncomfortable with the crew's approach to the females, (and some of the cast's inability to give a sh** about it). Frankly, I am surprised because this is supposed to be the enlightened younger generation - the generation that doesn't consider gender during decisions, or discriminate. WTF happened?

• Love 2
On 2/18/2020 at 5:57 AM, pasdetrois said:

My final thoughts are that Kate and Lee are the personification of disingenuous.

I agree with a lot of your comment, with exception to this. I have found them to be quite the opposite. These two know enough to shut their mouth rather than pander to a crowd. I wish many of the others would realize their 'opinions' are no what was wanted. Viewers needed to see that someone may have learned something about their behaviour after this shitshow.

• Love 2
On 2/17/2020 at 6:07 PM, Callaphera said:

Holy shit, no. Just no. 

Fuck you, Andy Cohen. Any good will I had towards you because of the Dallas reunion is so gone, it's like Courtney sitting stone-faced at the end, shutting down everything in that tightly controlled "over it" way. 

Courtney became a 'star' in my view because she was so real. God love her.

• Love 4
On 2/17/2020 at 7:57 PM, njbchlover said:

Rhylee kind of annoyed me tonight.  I don't like her.  I'll be glad to not see her anytime soon back on my TV.  I don't think that she has learned anything about herself that she is willing to change - I think Rhylee likes being reactionary, emotional and fiery.  I think she's just fine with being who she is and, to put it in terms that she would use - "Fuck you if you don't like it".  

I was annoyed because she felt she had something to say about every situation, and sometimes she needs to shut up. Having said that, she was so much better behaved than last season (I found her too full of herself as a "Captain" last year). She truly did not deserve the hatred that was sent her way. I found she really tried to keep it more professional this season, only to be treated 20x worse. Poor Rhylee, she can't win for losing.

• Love 1
On 2/17/2020 at 8:34 PM, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I hope his daughter sees this when she's older.

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 8.34.15 PM.png

Poor Courtney - She wanted nothing to do with any of them and he kept at her until she let her guard down, thinking maybe they'd grow from this. Brian's comments make him sound as though he is in grade 10. I am so glad all my "experiences" were prior to twitter and Facebook.

On 2/18/2020 at 3:44 PM, Leia1021 said:

Thanks, Biakbiak. Should have read the whole thread before I posted.

Leia1021 - we are kin-posters, as I post as soon as I read something that "gets to me." Then I learn it's been discussed ad nauseum and I missed it because of my sporadic visits. But I 'get you' :)

• Love 1
On 2/18/2020 at 11:07 AM, The Ringo Kidd said:

That’s not happening. Captain Lee is too lazy, old and entitled to go out with his crew to keep tabs on them. 

I understand why you say this, but I also understand Captain Lee's approach. He has NEVER wanted to babysit a group of employed adults, nor micromanage their he-said, she-said BS. I feel that his hand's off approach (unless something said something directly to him) is due to understanding these are workers/actors all hoping to get their profile elevated. Because he knew Kate prior to television, I believe he relied on her to keep him posted on if this was drama for tv, or real. I cut them all some slack initially, as everyone behaves differently depending on their endgame. My annoyance bubbled over when I realized these young men truly did not feel they were ever in the wrong, and felt no need to be self aware (after bad behaviour) and acknowledge where things went awry. Defending one's crappy behaviour, when it's easier to acknowledge and live with it, is never excusable. I could see Lee was affected by how everything turned out. He was a good Captain and I won't dismiss all his years of hard work because he mistakenly expected his crew to be professional.

• Love 1
On 2/18/2020 at 7:19 AM, mytmo said:

Helps your visit was very short and including sleeping with the bosun - nothing happened really - sure.

I loved most of your post, but after all is said and done, let's not slut shame. I don't care who chooses to knock boots, so long as they wanted to, and didn't disparage each other afterwards. But, yes to your assessment of Abby. She really couldn't weigh in on what went down as she wanted OFF that boat ASAP.

On 2/19/2020 at 5:55 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I'd like to see a man as chief stew, maybe an all male stew crew too.

When I worked in a group home for teens at risk, we LOVED when we'd have all-male or all-female full house. However, it would make for VERY boring tv. There's only drama when the genders are thrown together and people are vying for attention. Otherwise, it'd be a kumbaya. 

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 6:39 PM, Chalby said:

I understand why you say this, but I also understand Captain Lee's approach. He has NEVER wanted to babysit a group of employed adults, nor micromanage their he-said, she-said BS. I feel that his hand's off approach (unless something said something directly to him) is due to understanding these are workers/actors all hoping to get their profile elevated. Because he knew Kate prior to television, I believe he relied on her to keep him posted on if this was drama for tv, or real. I cut them all some slack initially, as everyone behaves differently depending on their endgame. My annoyance bubbled over when I realized these young men truly did not feel they were ever in the wrong, and felt no need to be self aware (after bad behaviour) and acknowledge where things went awry. Defending one's crappy behaviour, when it's easier to acknowledge and live with it, is never excusable. I could see Lee was affected by how everything turned out. He was a good Captain and I won't dismiss all his years of hard work because he mistakenly expected his crew to be professional.

It was my understanding that Captain Lee did not know Kate before BD.

• Love 2
On 2/17/2020 at 8:48 PM, TexasGal said:

Well this is no fun to watch.  Awkward all around.  Ashton seemed sincere for like a millisecond and then we learn he went to therapy “last week” and only quit drinking last month and pfffft.

The fact that there was an eyeroll or laughter after Ashton saying he has been sober for a month is a low blow. Thats a big deal for someone who has a problem. You have to start somewhere and captain lee is up Kates ass

• Love 2
On 7/16/2020 at 5:54 PM, dravencrow33193 said:

The fact that there was an eyeroll or laughter after Ashton saying he has been sober for a month is a low blow. Thats a big deal for someone who has a problem. You have to start somewhere and captain lee is up Kates ass

He was playing fast and loose with that though about what “last month” meant and lying about it is a huge red flag.

• Love 2
On 3/10/2020 at 7:39 PM, Chalby said:

I understand why you say this, but I also understand Captain Lee's approach. He has NEVER wanted to babysit a group of employed adults, nor micromanage their he-said, she-said BS. I feel that his hand's off approach (unless something said something directly to him) is due to understanding these are workers/actors all hoping to get their profile elevated. Because he knew Kate prior to television, I believe he relied on her to keep him posted on if this was drama for tv, or real. 

I've always felt that Captain Lee supports Kate because they made an agreement that she would not escalate things to him unless the ship was on fire.  I think Captain Lee is very aware of the things that are in his control and are not in his control because this is a tv program but wants deniability for those things that are problematic for his leadership but don't rise to a level that he can override production of the tv show.

• Love 2