Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Reunion Part 2

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

In Part Two, Andy rejoins the Valor crew to go deep discussing Ashton and Kate's terrifying fight in the van, the dysfunctional crew dynamic and Rhylee's frustrations with the deckhands. Captain Lee is pushed to the limit, and the crew questions his reaction.

Airs February 17, 2020.

1 minute ago, whydoievencare said:

These stupid Brus - none of them have redeemed themselves one iota.  Ashton pulled the "I just saw a therapist last week" card out of his ass for the reunion - are we to understand that he's been seeing a therapist all this time since the charter season, or he just saw a therapist for the very first time (just so he could claim that)?  He's said he's sorry but really, he's just wanting the chance to point out everyone else's flaws.  Same with Kevin and Tanner and Brian.  Brian is just a weasel.  Kevin's still upset about the penis cake - OMG, what a baby.  

The last time he was on WWHL either in December or early January he said he has to work on himself before seeing a therapist so the later and that IF it’s actually true. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The last time he was on WWHL either in December or early January he said he has to work on himself before seeing a therapist so the later and that IF it’s actually true. 

I remember that now and never understood what he meant.

• Love 2
Just now, pieinmyeye said:

I remember that now and never understood what he meant.

Pretty sure he thought saying that would be sufficient and people would drop it and he didn’t actually want to see a therapist who would call him on his shit and hold him accountable for his behavior.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Pretty sure he thought saying that would be sufficient and people would drop it and he didn’t actually want to see a therapist who would call him on his shit and hold him accountable for his behavior.

That makes a lot of sense.

• Love 1

Captain Lee needs to do a better job managing his managers and creating an environment where people feel freer to approach him, especially if they are feeling bullied or threatened.

Edited by bencr
  • Love 19

The brus still thought they could 'win'.  Nope.  They all came off looking worse.

That's not me.  Yeah, it is you brus.  We all saw it.

Note to Asston.  Capt. Lee did not say that Kate was his best friend.   He said she was like a daughter to him.  Big difference.  And Kate didn't say what he claimed.  She said 'How is your mother'.  I could go on.  Even watching the actual show, apparently he still gets it wrong.  But now he's stop drinking and is in therapy....for a couple of weeks,  If that.

I don't know what Simone was saying about people of color and the yachting industry because she tends to speak very fast and I can't understand her.

Loved Court's answer to Brian at the end of the show.  Yeah, Brian, you're not all that.

Lee is over it.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, sadtvjunkie said:

All I saw was Ashton's neck getting redder and redder while Riley was goading him. He was like a teapot ready to blow.

And his fists were clenching the sides of his chair like he was trying not to be shot off it like  a rocket. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Has Kate totally left the show? I know she moved to New York, but she could still film BD.  Hope she is still on.  I'd move away from Florida too, since it looks like all the douche brus are there now.

As posted up thread she officially announced she isn’t coming back and it was reposted on Bravo.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I don’t know that she has the personality to manage a yacht crew but I’d love to see Riley come back as boson. That would fucking kill Asston. Apology tour over. Fuck every last one of the  broholes! and Simone!

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, nytonc said:

I don’t know that she has the personality to manage a yacht crew but I’d love to see Riley come back as boson. That would fucking kill Asston. Apology tour over. Fuck every last one of the  broholes! and Simone!

Rhylee herself has said she doesn’t have enough experience to be bosun.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

As posted up thread she officially announced she isn’t coming back and it was reposted on Bravo.

Well, boo. I guess Below Deck is off my viewing schedule for next season. I watch for Kate but stay for the ridiculous drama. I don't think I'll enjoy it half as much with a replacement Kate. 

• Love 19

That was such an awkward uncomfortable reunion - much like the whole season. No one except Courtney came out of this unscathed. Captain Lee looked out of touch and dottering; Kate looked smug and done; Rhylee could have redeemed herself but she just can’t hold it together; Simone looked bitter and angry, and the Brus just looked pathetic. Ashton tried to redeem himself ( must have someone advising him) but I guess he forgot about all the aftershows which are posted all over the Bravo site. I guessKevin seemed the LEAST apologetic and the least self aware. He sounded l8ke a grade school kid. When he tried defending himself for kicking sand in Kate’s eye by saying, “ but she said....”

• Love 10

Brian's hashtags make me feel like I'm back in middle school. and high school. and college. "Calm down!" "Take a chill pill!" "It's just a joke!" "Where's your sense of humor?" 

Also, if you've got to add those hashtags, you shouldn't have said what you said in the first place. My goodness, how absolutely minuscule is his brain??

• Love 23
37 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Based on Kate's announcement, I'd wager she has something in the works with Bravo and Andy.  Maybe even something behind the scenes.

If you mean the His Majesty comment it’s because her statement was a parody of the Megan and Harry’s statement resigning from their official role in the royal family.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

If you mean the His Majesty comment it’s because her statement was a parody of the Megan and Harry’s statement resigning from their official role in the royal family.

I get it, but I think she's trying to say things without saying them straight-up.

"After many months of reflection and internal discussions, I have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new land based role," Kate shared on social media. "I intend to step back as a senior member of the Below Deck Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support His Majesty Andy Cohen."

"Internal discussions" -  I take internal to mean "with" Bravo/Andy.

"Progressive new land based role" - She has a job lined up that will lead to new and better opportunities

"Step back as a senior member of the Below Deck Family" - she's not leaving....she's just "stepping back".  I also think she is trying to say something by using the phrase "senior member".   She's asserting that she is/was a "senior member" of the Below Deck family...whatever that means.  But it implies power and a higher rank than others which might serve to justify a new gig that actually does have power.

"work to become financially independent" - Andy made it clear with the departure of Vicki Gunvalson that show participants should not rely on Bravo show wages as their sole source of income.   Kate is smart enough to know she needs something beyond Below Deck, and she's popular enough that Bravo will want to keep her around in some capacity.  And, I'd wager she'll be making a pretty penny and she used this phrase to justify it.

"continuing to fully support His Majesty Andy Cohen" - Maybe this is solely a play on words, but I think it means she's still involved in the Bravosphere somehow.

Kate doesn't ever say she's severing ties 100%.  All she's really saying is that she's taking a step back from Below Deck for a new land-based opportunity.

It's pure conjecture on my part, but I can't help but think its still within the Bravoshere.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Jextella said:

pure conjecture on my part, but I can't help but think its still within the Bravoshere.

Andy came so hard for her and basically dismissed her concerns so I really, really doubt it. Plus other things she has said she is interested in doing in various interviews from starting a new podcast to writing another book.

Internal discussions is literally direct from the Sussex statement as are the stepping back, the financially independent etc. it adheres so closely to not be an actual statement about what she is doing.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

I am so bummed at the prospect of a Kate-less Below Deck that I am officially going to turn off BRAVO altogether and forget its channel number.  Below Deck was the last BRAVO show I watch, I already gave up on all the Housewives.  Actually I think "Reality TV" as a genre of unscripted entertainment is dying and has outlived its expiration date. Idiots like Mark Cronin @ 41 Minds / BRAVO dug their own graves by failing to intervene when they witnessed misogynistic and dangerous behavior toward female crew members on BD's 7th season, and just let the cameras roll on. Cronin, you've literally killed your cash cow thru your greed and inability to make the right call.   Kate Chastain deserved SO MUCH better from BRAVO.  I hope she lands with something positive that has no connection with you.  And you can just watch your ratings drop next season..

BTW:  different network but I'm equally sick of the whole Bachelor Nation franchise.  Another reality "show" where producers' greed and casting decisions continually ramped things up and up  until the shows were painful to watch as the participants degraded and embarrassed themselves and their families.

I'm sticking with documentaries and  Netflix for quality programming from here on.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Jextella said:

Kate doesn't ever say she's severing ties 100%.  All she's really saying is that she's taking a step back from Below Deck for a new land-based opportunity.

It's pure conjecture on my part, but I can't help but think its still within the Bravoshere.

Agreed. I can't see her severing ties. She may get her own show.  I'd also love to see Kate and Rhylee as guests next season.  That would be hilarous. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2