Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: Something in the Water

• Start Topic

As the ladies head to the Jersey shore, Jennifer considers whether it’s worth apologizing to Melissa. Meanwhile, Frankie and Gia go to prom. Melissa plans to tell Danielle to keep away from the group and Jennifer and Margaret go head to head over their friendship with Teresa.

Airdate 02.12.2020

Jennifer, you truly make me want to barf.

4 minutes ago, Axie said:

Did Gia get married on her way to the Academy Awards, or, did she go to the prom? That was a bit much.

From what I understand that’s how they do prom these days. It’s a lot different from when I went via horse and buggy.

• LOL 22
  • Love 1

I may be a party of one here, but I thought it sweet how everyone gathered around to see Gia and Frankie go off to the prom.  Delores spoke so highly about Gia (again, sweet) and Frankie looked genuinely happy to be there, complimented Gia on how nice her dress was, they held hands on the way to the car.  I liked it (and yes, it's totally OTT from when I graduated from HS 46 years ago!)

• Love 24

Jennifer's daughter, Gabby, looks really lovely at her uncle's event (even though she's wearing her mother's Chanel earrings).  I think she's a nice kid.  And, while I think Jennifer is a horror at times, I really like how supportive she is of her brother.

Edited by whydoievencare
  • Love 22

Jen, Jen, Jen:  That lipliner makes you look like a clown.  Do a google and find out how lipliner is done correctly.

It's Point Pleasant.  I've been so many times.  I can't figure out exactly where the house is.  Waypoint is on the Manasquan River.  Was there many years ago.  I'm assuming Jenk's is Jenkinson's Beach.

My god, that prom thing was ridiculous.  My kids went to pre prom parties and the parents were there to take pictures.  That was over the top.  But it's Tre.  Imagine when Jen's kids go to prom.  Well, if they go.

David and Delores scenes are so uncomfortable to watch.

Next episode should be interesting.  Yeah Jen, you work harder than everyone cause you have five kids.  I'm not saying that being a full time parent isn't hard.  It is but you also have all the help you need and still have all the time to spend shopping.  On  yourself.  Obviously, not on your kids. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 11

I think it’s so weird for a 21 year old man to go to a high school prom, especially for the Catanias to make a big deal out of it, like it’s a watershed moment in Frankie Jr’s life.  Not to nitpick, but it was totally bothering me that Gia hadn’t gotten her highlights touched up before the prom.  This was too much, like a coronation.  I liked season 4(?) when Kathy’s daughter Victoria* went to the prom, and you could tell she was really popular, because tons of her friends came over and they took a picture of all the guys on one side and all the girls on the other side, with Victoria and her date in the middle.  That’s making a big deal in a good, organic way, to me.  This display was really contrived. 

*Jesus Christ, Victoria got really, really skinny.  She looks like Bethenny Frankel now, only thinner, if that’s possible

Jennifer finally made her daughter look presentable, and it made all the difference in the world!  The Jennifer scene with the Broadway singers and family love and growth stood in stark juxtaposition to the Teresa/Gia prom shrieking balloon festival (for which I blame the real adults.  I wouldn’t shoulder Gia with the responsibility of getting the tone and tenor of her prom send-off just right, although I doubt that when Teresa’s Gabriella goes to prom, it’s going to be anything like this).

I care about Dolores building a house about as much as I care about Gizelle from Real Housewives of Potomac building a house—Not. At. All.  There are ways of walking a construction site on a Housewives show that make it fun and funny—RHNYC’s Season one’s Jill and Bethenny visiting a building wearing yellow hard hats and mocking each other while talking a mile a minute and kinda knowing what they were talking about was one.  That...was not this.  

Joe Gorga is exactly two years old.  If he feels like Jennifer started with his wife twice now, can he...not pull her aside for a short, friendly talk about his concern?  He has to piss and moan about Jennifer not getting sex, when it’s not evident that Joe is getting laid with any regularity himself?  And then...and then...Joe approaches Bill as if Bill owed Joe an apology for “walking away the other night”?  And then, after Bill expressed appropriate reservations, Joe re-wrote history on the car ride to the restaurant and said that guys get along so much better than girls, because when he approached Bill, Bill allegedly said, “What are you talking about!?!”  Joe was clearly shaken that someone didn’t go for his childish, drunken bullshit antics.  

If Jackie doesn’t want to talk about her money, why did she bring the prenup, and tell a long story about it in front of the entire group?  Jackie, isn’t that so gauche??

Whoa, Teresa found a burner phone on Joe with one woman’s number in it when Gia was three?!?!?  That info alone was worth the price of admission.  

Wow...how did Melissa think anything good can happen by confronting Jennifer in front of the entire group?  

It was poor form for Melissa to prompt Teresa to meet a guy at Jenk’s, especially in front of the husbands.  Just because Teresa finally admitted that Joe cheated, and she’s almost definitely cheating herself, it’s up to the couple to call it, and until there is a time of death, no one should nudge a spouse toward an extramarital hookup (in my book).  It’s tacky and embarrassing.  And Teresa’s response was proportional, which makes Melissa the official provocateur in this episode.  Her bitchiness is slowly but surely ratcheting up.  Maybe she reads these boards and knows several of us want her to get her walking papers, like Vicki and Tamra over on OC.  😲

• Love 12

As long as Melissa doesn't divorce Joe she'll have a place. Andy won't part with Joe. 

Look Joe Guidice is a dick. I know it. We all know it. Teresa damn sure knew it. But... I want him back in America to mock Joe Gorga. He seems extra insufferable these last 2 seasons going unchecked by everyone. I like Bill, I get he has to maintain respectability since he has a career but I cringed seeing him shake Joe's hand. He doesn't deserve it. 

The petty was flying this episode. Melissa with Jennifer and thenot Marge and Jen competing to connect with Teresa.  Melissa is trying to copy Caroline with a Danielle meeting. Okay.

And because it's worth another mention Joe stalked the shore for Melissa and brags about it! I can't with this guy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Thank God Teresa didn't serve pizza at the prom fiasco!

If I never see Delores and Casper together again, I'll be good.  And, then after being rejected, once again, by Dr. No, Delores goes "down the shore" with the always available Frank.  That should tell you all you need to know, Delores.

• LOL 5
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

David and Delores scenes are so uncomfortable to watch.

David looked like he barely tolerated Delores when she greeted him with a kiss ... and then he turned to the interior designer and effusively complimented his appearance. David, David, David.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, breezy424 said:

My god, that prom thing was ridiculous.  My kids went to pre prom parties and the parents were there to take pictures.  That was over the top.  But it's Tre.  Imagine when Jen's kids go to prom.  Well, if they go.

But this is HW - where it supposed to be over the top.  Viewers don't want to see Jackie's low rent birthday parties.

Teresa did host the prom party for Gia and her friends AND their families.  It was on her IG story at the time.

Edited by escape
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

I don’t see Dolores getting a ring from David.  When she started in about marriage, all he could say is one thing at a time and then he quickly attempted to placate her by telling her he would get rid of his furniture.  And it worked! She was so happy and grateful for that crumb.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

I may be a party of one here, but I thought it sweet how everyone gathered around to see Gia and Frankie go off to the prom.  Delores spoke so highly about Gia (again, sweet) and Frankie looked genuinely happy to be there, complimented Gia on how nice her dress was, they held hands on the way to the car.  I liked it (and yes, it's totally OTT from when I graduated from HS 46 years ago!)

Make it a party of two. I happen to like Gia and I think it's lovely that the families got together to celebrate them. I'm about the same age as you and things were really different back then but so what. Gia appreciated the support from everyone and deserves a little happiness in her life. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I think it’s so weird for a 21 year old man to go to a high school prom, especially for the Catanias to make a big deal out of it, like it’s a watershed moment in Frankie Jr’s life

This. As a school employee who has supervised dozens of high school dances, I can tell you that the chaperones would have had extra eyes on him the whole night. We're talking a 20 or 21 year old on the dance floor with 15 year olds? Nope. In fact, many schools have an age limit of 19 for guests. It's especially weird because they aren't even dating. Just go with friends, Gia. Both seem mighty thirsty for camera time.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

This. As a school employee who has supervised dozens of high school dances, I can tell you that the chaperones would have had extra eyes on him the whole night. We're talking a 20 or 21 year old on the dance floor with 15 year olds? Nope. In fact, many schools have an age limit of 19 for guests. It's especially weird because they aren't even dating. Just go with friends, Gia. Both seem mighty thirsty for camera time.

Well, it was a senior prom.  There 'may' have been a few 15 year olds but for the most part it was other seniors in the 17, 18 and some 19 years olds.  I don't know exactly how old Frankie is old but I didn't get the 'creepy' vibes that others are getting. 

I think the reality was that it was a set up for camera time.

• Love 24
38 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

Make it a party of two. I happen to like Gia and I think it's lovely that the families got together to celebrate them. I'm about the same age as you and things were really different back then but so what. Gia appreciated the support from everyone and deserves a little happiness in her life. 

Party of 3.  Gia started crying, i cried, and cried my way right through Teresa telling her how proud of her she was, to Nonno crying when she came down the stairs. 

I know it seemed over the top, but i don't think it is unusual in northern nj towns.  My prom was more years ago than I can count but I can say that yes, this jersey girl got her hair, nails and makeup done, yes, my date arrived and waited for my grand enteance, yes we took a zillion photos, and yes we rode in the limo to a pre-prom party with even more photos with a larger group of friends where all the parents gathered for food and drinks until we left for prom.  We had the exact same thing as Gia without the balloons.  And I went to a salon for hair and makeup and nails.  And this was the norm, not the exception.    My big fat jersey prom.

I thought Jennifer shining a light on her brother's organization was one of the nicest things I have seen done on this show.  Gabby looked so pretty, and her mom is right, she can look to her uncle for personal inspiration.  I am a firm believer that the middle school years (and early high school sometimes) leave everybody with scars and are just something you have to get through.  It is nice that for all her faults, Jennifer is really thinking of how her daughter can get through this time. These are impressionable years and Gabby will remember that.

Shut up, JoeGo.  Go Bill.

I think the issue with Dolores and David is that Dolores needed a storyline and concocted this bizarre story.  It feels insincere because probably is insincere. David clearly has no interest in filming, and he and Dolores are probably perfectly content and boring.

I think the house rental was in Bay Head and the restaurant was in Brielle.  Jenks is just north of Bay Head in Point Pleasant.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I think it’s so weird for a 21 year old man to go to a high school prom, especially for the Catanias to make a big deal out of it, like it’s a watershed moment in Frankie Jr’s life. 

I didn't think it was that big of a deal. When I was in high school having a boyfriend in college was pretty common - and even a status symbol for some girls. And if he took you to prom -- even cooler.

Plus, I don't see that big of a difference between a senior in high school/college freshman.

I thought sending Gia off to prom was very sweet.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

didn't think it was that big of a deal. When I was in high school having a boyfriend in college was pretty common - and even a status symbol for some girls. And if he took you to prom -- even cooler.

Also he was 20 when he went to the prom with Gia because he turned 21 in October. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Where does Teresa get her clothes?! Make it stop!! And the walk!! All those tight shimmery pants accentuate that she barrels wherever she's headed. Again, Jackie with some biker/rave-chic pants she's into. 1st the chain hanging from her jeans, now some utility type black shorts with some metal rings in them?! And she's suoer conscious of these pants like she isn't yet sure if it's even her style.  She's fidgeting and looking wt them wondering if anyone noticed the new Jan Brady. 

Melissa needs to have several seats. I do miss Joe Giu to put everyone in their place. You said it best, Gigi43! I also see how my kids adore their daddy and i see that Joe really loves the girls and they him. 

Jennifer has three nannies if i recall correctly.  *They* work very hard, I'm sure. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 12

From Montville's website:

"Senior Prom: Students are permitted to invite a guest from another grade level or school.  However, these guests must register with the class advisor and building administration. Students who bring guests from other schools must also complete a permission form for their guest."

I guess "guest from another grade level or school" is open to interpretation... k-12, college, grad school - anything goes!

I saw prom pics Teresa posted of Gia - the makeup, hair, and clothing credits were a mile long! I was going to ask if they ever pay for anything... But, really, have they ever paid for anything?!

• Love 4

Did I hear Milania, at 13, say ass to her mother in conversation and not get checked??

Tre’s IG vs what was shown was so different from her stories I watched when it went on. They had a big party with a lot of prom couples there and their parents. Funny how editing is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I’m starting to think Delores took such offense to Melissa’s analogy because she doesn’t have any money for her kids. The hit dog is hollering. 

And her sleeping in the same room as Frank is a little weird to me. Twin beds and all. 

Edited by FancyNancy
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I thought the prom was over the top too, but I guess that's how things are done today.   And I have a soft spot for Gia, so I didn't mind that much.   Sometimes I think she's the  most mature person on the show.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

Did I hear Milania, at 13, say ass to her mother in conversation and not get checked??

I must have missed that. I was too stunned to hear a mother tell her teen daughter that "You don't want your whole ass covered" by a bathing suit.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

The previews for next week were shown on WWHL-

Reveal spoiler
  Reveal spoiler

Melissa has lunch with Beverly and Bev says that Teresa told her to pull Margaret's hair after the owner of the venue suggested it.

So I guess this is the reason for the rift. Ha. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

I didn't think it was that big of a deal. When I was in high school having a boyfriend in college was pretty common - and even a status symbol for some girls. And if he took you to prom -- even cooler.

Plus, I don't see that big of a difference between a senior in high school/college freshman.

I thought sending Gia off to prom was very sweet.

Don’t get me wrong—I don’t think it’s a big deal.  If I thought it was a big deal, I would have said Teresa had no business sending her daughter to the prom with that man.  

I don’t know whether Frankie is in college, or what his status is, but 17/18 is the age the vast majority are when they leave high school, and 21 is the typical age of a college junior or senior, not freshman.  If he is a college freshman at 21...that’s a whole other conversation about why she might want to set her sights a little higher...

It’s not so much that Frankie was willing to go to the prom with Gia—grown men, like men with mustaches—get asked to the prom for charities and stuff sometimes.  It’s the fact that, like I said upthread, he wasn’t treating this like a chore of favor, he was acting like he was excited to get into a limo and spend the next 4-5 hours dancing with people in high school and eating rubber chicken.  He didn’t have to be a dick, but he didn’t have an adult presence, he had a presence of one of the kids, which is what struck me odd at first too I think.

I think, as someone said upthread, this is just a case of someone liking the camera too much.  

I don’t have an objection to the two of them dating.  I met my “college boyfriend” when i was 17 and in high school.  He was 20 going on 21.  We did a lot of things together, before I went off to college, but going to the prom together was not one of them.  It wouldn’t have entered my mind to ask a man in his 20s to be subject to that.  I went with a big group of coed friends, which included someone’s girlfriend who was younger than us, 14 or 15, I think.  So, yeah, if he had been there, it would have been a 15 year old around a 21 year old.  Most people don’t just go to the prom.  In the NY-NJ-CT Tristate area, they take their limo into the city and go to a club, where alcohol and drugs are consumed.  That’s what we did anyway.  I’m not sure 15 year old girls should be partying with a 21 year old man.  

And I’m all for the Big Prom Getting Ready.  There was no way I would have gone if I couldn’t have gotten my hair and makeup done professionally.  That’s part of it, to me.  As are the adults gathering at the house, having champagne, and taking a ton of pictures.  But the ratio of adults to children was off here.  Both proms I went to had groups of teenagers, some as couples, some single, but it was never adults celebrating one couple.  That seems old school.  

If this should have been big—because this is a Housewives show, as someone upthread suggested—I agree.  But, again, I direct attention to the episode when Victoria Walkile went to her prom.  It was big.  Kathy and Richie even set up a giant commercial tent in their yard for allll the kids to hang out in before they took their pictures.  That was upscale.  This was cloying.  To me.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Party of 3.  Gia started crying, i cried, and cried my way right through Teresa telling her how proud of her she was, to Nonno crying when she came down the stairs. 

I know it seemed over the top, but i don't think it is unusual in northern nj towns.  My prom was more years ago than I can count but I can say that yes, this jersey girl got her hair, nails and makeup done, yes, my date arrived and waited for my grand enteance, yes we took a zillion photos, and yes we rode in the limo to a pre-prom party with even more photos with a larger group of friends where all the parents gathered for food and drinks until we left for prom.  We had the exact same thing as Gia without the balloons.  And I went to a salon for hair and makeup and nails.  And this was the norm, not the exception.    My big fat jersey prom.

I thought Jennifer shining a light on her brother's organization was one of the nicest things I have seen done on this show.  Gabby looked so pretty, and her mom is right, she can look to her uncle for personal inspiration.  I am a firm believer that the middle school years (and early high school sometimes) leave everybody with scars and are just something you have to get through.  It is nice that for all her faults, Jennifer is really thinking of how her daughter can get through this time. These are impressionable years and Gabby will remember that.

Shut up, JoeGo.  Go Bill.

I think the issue with Dolores and David is that Dolores needed a storyline and concocted this bizarre story.  It feels insincere because probably is insincere. David clearly has no interest in filming, and he and Dolores are probably perfectly content and boring.

I think the house rental was in Bay Head and the restaurant was in Brielle.  Jenks is just north of Bay Head in Point Pleasant.  

Yes - that house screams Bay Head which is way more upscale than Point Pleasant.   Wondering why all we see are dinners - don't they go to the beach?

• Love 2

I thought Gia looked absolutely beautiful.

Nonno kind of cracks me up.  And it was touching how he cried when he saw Gia come down the stairs.  I guess I have a soft spot for him (when he's not boiling octopi first thing in the morning) because I remember the beach scene after Teresa's mom passed away and Joe went off to prison, when he told Teresa, "Now you have me.  I'll take care of you," or something to that effect.  That's something my 76-year-old dad would tell me to this day, and it makes me tear up a little.

David was more excited to see the decorator who kept telling him to get rid of his beloved bachelor furniture than he was to see the woman who is supposedly his significant other who he's "committed to."

Danielle actually looked better than she has in awhile.

The only thing worse than all the Chanel was the shiny blue pants.  Dear God.

Edited by mandymax
Had to add more!
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, Axie said:

Did Gia get married on her way to the Academy Awards, or, did she go to the prom? That was a bit much.

It's pretty standard for this area, give or take a few balloon displays, and all my proms were in the late '80s. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

ITA. Parent of HS prom 2014. I didn't see them do anything out of the norm of what we did. Many of us parents didn't want the kids driving themselves and GA has a law about who is in the car when- depending of when the teen got their license.

What did I miss what was unusual? I don'trecall if Frank jr has a cousage. I saw Gia come down stairs in her own home, corsage. ( both families) snapping pictures and the get into a rental.

And to be fair- many parents do own cars that are in the category of "it just gets me to work/church/near by errands" (ie from point A to B). So for prom, it's not that great of an expense to get rental. Or the parents need the car to run the other family members Friday/Saturday  night.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

That scene with Gia screamed of her getting ready for Prom before all of her friends came over.   Either Gia wanted to keep her actual pre prom party private from the cameras or Bravo decided they wanted a "moment" with just the family.  Theresa ordered way to much food for the party just have been for the family.

• Love 2

my son is a senior in high school, and his girlfriend of three years is a year older than him and went to a different high school.  Every year for homecoming and prom we had to get  the GF's school to sign off on her stating that she's in good standing with her school.  This past hoco, in October, she had to get her dean of students to sign the form and enclose a business card.  We have to have them sign again for this upcoming prom.  You can't be more than 20 years old and you have to be enrolled in school if you've already graduated high school.  Whew - - having said all that, I think T's party was just another day in an Italian household.  I've hosted those parties, and I've attended those parties.  In my neighborhood, because we all know each other, the kids and parents come early for pics, the kids leave and the parents eat and drink at that house.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

All I can do during this show is watch Nonno Gorga and his crazy facial expressions!! 🤪

I still cannot believe that any of them took real offense to Melissa’s comment about Jackie winning because of her frugal nature- it seemed clear to me that she was simply defending her friend who was feeling ganged up on. Defensive much?!? 

Teresa basically confirmed what everyone else knew about Juicy. She also confirmed that she will lie about things she doesn’t want to acknowledge. 

I can’t imagine having David deliver my baby- his bedside manner must be atrocious because he has NO personality..... 

• Like 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I must have missed that. I was too stunned to hear a mother tell her teen daughter that "You don't want your whole ass covered" by a bathing suit.

Milania said it doesn’t cover your ass or something like that with ass right before Tre said that. 

• Love 1

Dolores really thinks Jennifer is justified in throwing silverware at Melissa because Melissa said Jackie was “winning” for saving her money?  That doesn’t seem like Dolores’ style.  Dolores seems like she takes elevation from verbal altercation to possible physical altercation seriously.  Remember when she told Jennifer she should get her ass kicked for breaking the glass?  Even Danielle was like Jennifer, don’t try it with Dolores.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I will say ONE nice thing about Jennifer this week as she normally entertains me but seriously gets on my nerves....She looked stunning at her brothers event.  All the way from her hair, makeup, jewelry and dress.  She was spot on!  Her daughter looked bathed, combed and absolutely lovely also.

• Love 11
On 2/13/2020 at 12:51 AM, Kdawg82 said:

... do miss Joe Giu to put everyone in their place. You said it best, Gigi43! I also see how my kids adore their daddy and i see that Joe really loves the girls and they him. 

Juicy has few to love him, who see few little wrong with him... the temporaries he's been seen with in Mexico will come and go. Tre is there in name only, his Italian relatives will get tired of him - he's  practically  a stranger  to them. So It's  really  the girls,  his siblings  and his mom.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Axie said:

EXACTLY! Good grief! That was so over the top! And I'm sorry, "little" Frankie at age 21 or 22 going to a high school prom looked absurd. And all the fuss over him from Delores...just stop! We all see how in love you are with your baby boy. Gia has a major crush on him...that was obvious. Not one boy her age from her school asked her to the prom? 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, QQQQ said:

18-year-old me brought my 22-year-old boyfriend to my senior prom.  Another friend had an "of age" date as well & we told them to go to the hotel bar & have a drink while we waited outside.  How cool did we feel when the principal walked by & we told her "oh, we're just waiting for our dates to finish up in the bar."

LOL kinda still love that story, especially when I tell it to my son, about me & his dad!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7