Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E09: Suit Yourself

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

I was a child in the 50s, and I remember how boring, unexciting ans stifling a 'housewife's' existence seemed to even my little girl eyes at the time. 

My mother, extremely bright and top of her college class as a chemistry major, worked at Bell Labs.... until she had me in 1961. That's just what (most) women did. So she filled time with flower arranging classes .....  

Edited by dleighg

From an economic standpoint, the 1950's were very strong. The recovery period after WW2 was huge. The late 40' to 1960 saw the GNP double, inflation and unemployment were low. The housing boom, birth rates, national infrastructure gains, veteran's benefits like the GI Bill, etc.

You can't ignore the growing civil right's tensions, and women's issues, but it was a time of huge growth for the country, for education, etc. Sergio must have had some base knowledge of that, when he made the comments he made.

• Love 18
15 hours ago, Lemons said:

Sergio is Mexican where he spent his early days and then his family moved to Texas.  Hardly white male privilege.  

Sergio was born and raised in Texas. There is no indication in his official bio that he came from a particularly disadvantaged background. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

It was bad enough that Delvin, Brittany and Victoria were cutting up on Nancy's design behind her back but then to actually be able to smirk at her as he walked past her and Sergio, knowing she overheard their conversation?  That was shocking in it's cruelty.  He and his fellow mean girl Brittany can go any time.

THIS!!

I personally didn't think what they were saying was all that cruel. They were speaking their honest opinion so I can't be mad at that. Hell Delvin even said to Brit's face that he thought she would be in the bottom. It was his face and childish body language when he saw Nancy that pissed me off. I've been okay with him cause he seems to just state the obvious without any true maliciousness but that display was unnecessary. Just keep it moving. You had no qualms about speaking your mind in the kitchen so what's the big now? It was also the way he prolonged his walk across the room and did some choppy, charlie chaplin move, for what reason I don't know. He just extended the awkwardness for no damn reason. THAT seemed meanspirited to me. Oooooppppsss, I've been caught, oh well sorry not sorry...smirk, smirk.  That's what was uncalled for. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 15

I was just as upset at Christian Siriano as Sergio for his own ignorance of Academy Award fashion history.  How does he not remember South Park guys (Trey Parker/Matt Stone) wearing gowns to the 2000 Academy Awards!?  Long before Billy Porter...

Edited by AntManBee
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, dleighg said:

My mother, extremely bright and top of her college class as a chemistry major, worked at Bell Labs.... until she had me in 1961. That's just what (most) women did. So she filled time with flower arranging classes .....  

And my mother - also very bright and who graduated from college at the age of 18 - went to work as a school teacher in 1962-1963 and did that for the next 25 years - and she was a darned good one!  It wasn't because she had to have a job - she just chose to have one because that was what made her happy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I watched, too!  And, I got such a strong Ann Jillian vibe from Brittany with her new hairstyle.  I wish I knew how to post a photo of her so others could see and maybe agree!  

Next time you can just take a photo of your TV with your camera phone.  I share those all the time here.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, Deskisamess said:

From an economic standpoint, the 1950's were very strong. The recovery period after WW2 was huge. The late 40' to 1960 saw the GNP double, inflation and unemployment were low. The housing boom, birth rates, national infrastructure gains, veteran's benefits like the GI Bill, etc.

You can't ignore the growing civil right's tensions, and women's issues, but it was a time of huge growth for the country, for education, etc. Sergio must have had some base knowledge of that, when he made the comments he made.

The economy was so good because top marginal tax rates were at 80 or 90%. Also, there was a ton of government investment in industry that really energized the economy. But socially it was a stifling, boring, and depressing decade. Sergio either knew none of this or didn't care. He definitely softened his political commentary on the runway. I was wondering if he was trying to schmooze the richie riches on the judging panel.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
40 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

THIS!!

I personally didn't think what they were saying was all that cruel. They were speaking their honest opinion so I can't be mad at that. Hell Delvin even said to Brit's face that he thought she would be in the bottom. It was his face and childish body language when he saw Nancy that pissed me off. I've been okay with him cause he seems to just state the obvious without any true maliciousness but that display was unnecessary. Just keep it moving. You had no qualms about speaking your mind in the kitchen so what's the big now? It was also the way he prolonged his walk across the room and did some choppy, charlie chaplin move, for what reason I don't know. He just extended the awkwardness for no damn reason. THAT seemed meanspirited to me. Oooooppppsss, I've been caught, oh well sorry not sorry...smirk, smirk.  That's what was uncalled for. 

Yes, Delvin was being a catty asshole

Gawd, I can't even imagine even how much uglier his green tux would have been in the orig powder blue!😲😝

Edited by sheetmoss
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

I gotta say one moment that stood out to me was when you hear Nancy talking about how her design wasn't the worst on the runway but that they want to see more of Brit therefore she would most likely be going home vs. the clearly obvious worst look. 

I'm glad she was wrong but her logic was pretty relevant and even though I thought the bottom look was waaaaayyyy NOT to be sent home but there was still a part of me that knew could still happen. 

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I gotta say one moment that stood out to me was when you hear Nancy talking about how her design wasn't the worst on the runway but that they want to see more of Brit therefore she would most likely be going home vs. the clearly obvious worst look. 

I'm glad she was wrong but her logic was pretty relevant and even though I thought the bottom look was waaaaayyyy NOT to be sent home but there was still a part of me that knew could still happen. 

Arguably, that’s just what happened in the previous episode, when they kept Victoria and sent Chelsey off, despite the ill fit of Victoria’s not-sheer design. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, caitmcg said:

Arguably, that’s just what happened in the previous episode, when they kept Victoria and sent Chelsey off, despite the ill fit of Victoria’s not-sheer design. 

Yeah, during the re-cap at the beginning of the episode I was thinking how heinous Victoria's dress was, and how I actually kinda liked Chelsey's.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, gorgy said:

I'm absolutely shocked they didn't get rid of Nancy. After years of reality television viewing, the token old contestant always automatically leaves if they end up in the botton. She was in the bottom last week too, so I'm completely flummoxed. However, I'm pretty sure Britanny was chosen to be auf'd (or whatever the new term is) just so Christian can use the all-too common reality tv trope of the save. I'm sure Brittany will make it to final four, Nancy will pack her bags next week, and Delvin will continue to be a prick who thinks far too highly of himself and his mediocre talent.

Wasn’t Nancy in the top last week? That was the one-shoulder sheer dress, right?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I am surprised the judges haven't said "Just stop.  Tell us about your design and stop with the political statements."  Seeing as how they have never felt organic or genuine.

Now that they have told him that, it will be interesting to see how he acts and presents his design on the next runway. He started off offensively arrogant, defensive, full of himself, and then he moved onto this weird political component with touches of arrogance, and now the arrogance has dropped right off and he is meek along with his bizarre political attachments to his designs! I think he is just desperate to not be kicked off, and trying on manners and attitudes and just fronting it out up there on the runway. Maybe he has watched the show and is imitating the confident, brash designers who skated by, or maybe we are just seeing his personality dissolve under the pressure! I am quite fond of Sergio and hope his new runway presentations are better ones, now, and he relaxes a bit.

• Love 5

Nancy knows how the game is played. The worst design doesn't always go home. Producers want drama and "characters". My favs this time are prob the least competent/talented- Marquise, Nancy and Geoffrey. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

I think Marquis’ design might have had a lesser impact if he had chose a different model - like the one Brittany used.  I don’t know if anyone here is old enough or fortunate to have seen Yul Brynner on Broadway in The King and I in the late 1970’s. There’s a scene (that literally took my breath away) where Brynner (as the king) strutted into the room and the way he walked in and stood so masterfully flashed into my head when Marquis’ model walked the runway.   When one of the judges said how regal the model looked I thought perhaps this scene would be referenced. 
Sergio usually gets on my last nerve, but when I saw him give his hand to Nancy to assist her when the designers were getting up on the runway for their critiques, I had to cut him a teeny bit of slack. 

I'm that old😊 I was fortunate to see Yul Brynner in The King and I in Seattle during it's final tour with him in that role. I think it was 1984. I still get goosebumps when I think about that night, it was absolutely magical! I also thought of him when Marquise's model owned not only the runway, but everything in that room. 

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Brookside said:

The judges kept dinging the contestants for not putting out tuxedos, yet it's okay for Karlie Kloss to be dressed in a cheap looking, ill-fitted schoolboy blazer. 

To be fair, Karlie was the winner when she went up against Angus Young in "Who Wore it Better."

angus.jpg

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Sergio being of Mexican descent is no excuse for his overwhelming ignorance.  If his family was told about the so-called American Dream in Mexico, I'm sure they discovered American REALITY once they arrived in the US.

I have a degree in history, so I know what the 50s were REALLY like.  Unlike Sergio.

Most of us know our history.   Every decade will have good and bad in it.   My point was his family wasn’t here in the 50’s, he can’t ask them how it was back then, they are recent immigrants. 

He didn’t know what he was talking about. He should have researched it instead of just trying to come up with something to keep it going.  But the “offensive” taken was just over the top.  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Yeah, I rolled my eyes at this. "Male cleavage" is not a clever way to say ankle, Brandon.

Thom Browne said it, not Brandon.

6 hours ago, Fukui San said:

I dunno. How much would we ding a filmmaker who didn't have a working knowledge of the Best Picture of 1996? (Which was Braveheart, btw)  Like, never heard of it and didn't know what it was about. Some? A lot? Sometimes it seems fashion is even more referential than filmmaking and knowing where you're placed in the pantheon and self-consciously making statements about it is more important than the actual garments themselves.

The backwards tuxedo wasn't the equivalent of knowing that Braveheart won best picture. It's the equivalent of being inspired by the POV arrow shot from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and claiming you invented it in your new film Thief Prince: Robin Hood. Even the person who came up with the arrow POV shot wouldn't claim that they came up with the idea of mounting a camera to a moving object for POV perspective. He would have gotten away with saying he didn't remember Celine's tuxedo if he had said he was too obsessed with Leonardo DiCaprio or pretending to be straight because he hadn't come out yet to remember Celine. Instead he tried to shade the judges backstage and act like he was too young to know that reference. Sergio is 36. Brandon Maxwell is 35. Christian is 34. Elaine is 33. Karlie is 27. Sergio is older than half the people who knew the reference AND also happened to know that there 50s weren't that great for women, people who weren't white, or straight. Sergio's a fucking clown.

7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Victoria's outfit was awful, I cannot believe the judges gushing over it. A slit up to there and that garter! OMG. Even Heidi would have questioned her taste level.

It was tacky and over the top sexy. I've found myself drawn into 90 Day Fiance and documentaries about mail order brides in recent months. If you've seen "Love Me," one of the documentaries I watched, Victoria's tuxedo was exactly over the top sexy in the way that I've come to associate with many of the mail order brides. Besides the fact that Victoria tends to make the same thing over and over again, I think Victoria has a real taste problem. She seems to think sexy = sophisticated.

I don't care that Brittany is a bitchy mean girl. She's a strong designer who should be in the final 4.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Thom Browne said it, not Brandon.

The backwards tuxedo wasn't the equivalent of knowing that Braveheart won best picture. It's the equivalent of being inspired by the POV arrow shot from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and claiming you invented it in your new film Thief Prince: Robin Hood. Even the person who came up with the arrow POV shot wouldn't claim that they came up with the idea of mounting a camera to a moving object for POV perspective. He would have gotten away with saying he didn't remember Celine's tuxedo if he had said he was too obsessed with Leonardo DiCaprio or pretending to be straight because he hadn't come out yet to remember Celine. Instead he tried to shade the judges backstage and act like he was too young to know that reference. Sergio is 36. Brandon Maxwell is 35. Christian is 34. Elaine is 33. Karlie is 27. Sergio is older than half the people who knew the reference AND also happened to know that there 50s weren't that great for women, people who weren't white, or straight. Sergio's a fucking clown.

It was tacky and over the top sexy. I've found myself drawn into 90 Day Fiance and documentaries about mail order brides in recent months. If you've seen "Love Me," one of the documentaries I watched, Victoria's tuxedo was exactly over the top sexy in the way that I've come to associate with many of the mail order brides. Besides the fact that Victoria tends to make the same thing over and over again, I think Victoria has a real taste problem. She seems to think sexy = sophisticated.

I don't care that Brittany is a bitchy mean girl. She's a strong designer who should be in the final 4.

Aw, man, I was so with you until that last sentence.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
18 minutes ago, heavysnaxx said:

To be fair, Karlie was the winner when she went up against Angus Young in "Who Wore it Better."

angus.jpg

That is exactly what I thought! 

The way Sergio talked about how inventive and groundbreaking his backward tuxedo was does make me wonder if he know or didn't recall Celine's look. While it doesn't seem possible, Sergio does seem to exist in his bubble. I could imagine him not bothering to study other designers because he thinks he is brilliant. He really does need to stop the political statements. No one on the show cares. They want to hear about the clothing, not what Sergio thinks is wrong with the world. It's a fashion competition. As others have mentioned he found a cause to match his garment. He wasn't inspired by it. 

Brittany bugs me. She reminds me a bit of Tessa from last season. She's always commenting on the other contestants clothing, but isn't hitting it out of the park herself. I'm very disappointed in Delvin. Those two were bitchy in the back room last week and then this week in the condo. Not cool. 

I didn't care for Victoria's dress. It was one strap and flap short of being her usual look. It wasn't all that. Don't know what the judges see in her.

Loved Marquis' look. He deserved the win. 

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, carrps said:

Aw, man, I was so with you until that last sentence.

I don't have to like everybody in the competition. I like Marquise and Geoffrey and they've both been kind of hit or miss. Geoffrey definitely feels like he's gotten stronger the longer he's been on. I've never liked Dr. Couture; he seemed like the one to beat initially. Even when I've hated what she designed, I've thought Brittany's designs seem very Brittany and it isn't anything I've really seen before. That's part of my criteria, plus I think Marquise, Nancy, and maybe Victoria (could also be Delvin) will whiff it at the 11th hour.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't have to like everybody in the competition. I like Marquise and Geoffrey and they've both been kind of hit or miss. Geoffrey definitely feels like he's gotten stronger the longer he's been on. I've never liked Dr. Couture; he seemed like the one to beat initially. Even when I've hated what she designed, I've thought Brittany's designs seem very Brittany and it isn't anything I've really seen before. That's part of my criteria, plus I think Marquise, Nancy, and maybe Victoria (could also be Delvin) will whiff it at the 11th hour.

I don't hate Brittany. I just haven't care for her designs. Degustibus .....

• Love 2

For Fashion Week, do they need to have only female models? If Marquise makes it, I would love to have last night's model as a muse. 

When I saw him do his walk, I was imagining him as visiting royalty on something like Game of Thrones even though it's no longer on air.

I have mixed feelings on Nancy, I want to cheer her on and have liked some of her stuff but she also seem lacking in self awareness of something like noisily crashing ornaments or do opting Tyler tonight.

II also am mixed on Devlin. I've found him nice, snarky introverts in previous episode.  Maybe this week was showing how the competition is wearing on him. I like green but hated the outfit.  I probably would have tried a morning suit with tails in green over narrow black pants.  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, IvyCeltress said:

I have mixed feelings on Nancy, I want to cheer her on and have liked some of her stuff but she also seem lacking in self awareness of something like noisily crashing ornaments or do opting Tyler tonight.

when she was gloating about Tyler being the same size as DD I first thought "lucky for you." I didn't realize it was another designer's helper! That was incredibly thoughtless.

• Love 14
41 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Sergio is 36. 

Okay, no excuse for him then.  He was around 17.  I call bullshit.  And if he's 36 he is older than Elaine, Brandon, Christian, and well Karlie goes without saying.  The oldest person there besides Nina and Nancy.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

The way Sergio talked about how inventive and groundbreaking his backward tuxedo was does make me wonder if he know or didn't recall Celine's look. While it doesn't seem possible, Sergio does seem to exist in his bubble. I could imagine him not bothering to study other designers because he thinks he is brilliant.

Nobody needed to study Galliano to know about this look.  They just needed cable television, access to the news, being able to see magazine covers in grocery stores.  This isn't higher echelon knowledge.  It's common knowledge - not even fashion knowledge.  It's pop culture knowledge.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Wasn’t Nancy in the top last week? That was the one-shoulder sheer dress, right?

Sorry, the week before last. Anyway, my point (I'm not sure what it is) still stands

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

I think Marquis’ design might have had a lesser impact if he had chose a different model - like the one Brittany used.  I don’t know if anyone here is old enough or fortunate to have seen Yul Brynner on Broadway in The King and I in the late 1970’s. There’s a scene (that literally took my breath away) where Brynner (as the king) strutted into the room and the way he walked in and stood so masterfully flashed into my head when Marquis’ model walked the runway.   When one of the judges said how regal the model looked I thought perhaps this scene would be referenced. 
Sergio usually gets on my last nerve, but when I saw him give his hand to Nancy to assist her when the designers were getting up on the runway for their critiques, I had to cut him a teeny bit of slack. 

Same here. All I could see was Yul Brynner. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Nobody needed to study Galliano to know about this look.  They just needed cable television, access to the news, being able to see magazine covers in grocery stores.  This isn't higher echelon knowledge.  It's common knowledge - not even fashion knowledge.  It's pop culture knowledge.

I know, it was beyond fashion. I think my 22 year old daughter knows that look. I don't think I articulated my point well. Sergio seems to be in his own little Sergio world, where he controls the narrative. He's so used to talking himself up and proclaiming his genius -- both through his designs and his political statements.  I can believe that he believes he'd never seen the look before. I think Sergio can convince himself of just about anything. 

The thing I think puzzling about this whole backwards tux thing is that I remember that while an iconic fashion statement, it was widely panned, especially the god-awful hat. 

• Love 12

21 hours ago, Lemons said:

I’ll say it again.  His family is from Mexico.  They probably were told about the American dream and how great it was on the other side of the border.  So easy to buy a house, a car, have kids.  The ideal country.  Who knows.  But they were not Americans.  

I know everyone’s trying to be politically correct but know your facts.  

20 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Delvin is an awful human being.  And, is it my imagination or did Victoria have even more hair?

Awful human being keep children in cages.  Perspective is needed here.

19 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

Sergio is so confusing. He seems like such an ass in his talking heads and on the runway but seems so nice when just talking with the other designers. Which one is real? 

Delvin, Brittany and Victoria are awful humans. 

Nancy taking Tyler away from Delvin was a dick move. 

Victoria saying Nancy designs the same thing every week was laughable. 

Awful people chop up and kill reporters....  Perspective.......  They have a right to their opinions.  Nancy sometimes just doesn't see that she is taking advantage of situations.  Just a bit of entitlement.  Remember when she kept asking questions of the stylist totally monopolizing her?  

6 hours ago, carrps said:

I hated Victoria's. It made Thijin (Thijin!) look fat. And it was skanky. Dang. A garter? A bedazzled garter??? And, on top of that, it was poorly made and puckery. 😄

My thought at the time too.  They will forgive her of anything.  When I saw the back of her yellow dress again I was horrified at how horrible she made that model look.  Thinjin looked looked she had a belly and fat rolls.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, lovesnark said:

I'm that old😊 I was fortunate to see Yul Brynner in The King and I in Seattle during it's final tour with him in that role. I think it was 1984. I still get goosebumps when I think about that night, it was absolutely magical! I also thought of him when Marquise's model owned not only the runway, but everything in that room. 

I also saw that show in that final Brynner tour, in Chicago! And yes, that same strut was coming from Marquise’s model.

As for Sergio saying he didn’t know about Celine’s look, even if he is telling the truth (doubtful, imo), then I don’t respect him just as much because he doesn’t bother to educate himself on the history of his profession. One of my most eyerolling reactions to reality tv was on So You Think You Can Dance when a judge was telling the two dancers to study up on the classics of movie musicals like Gene Kelly and Cyd Charisse, and the teenaged dancers had no idea who those people were!! As someone who grew up on classic movie musicals, I was appalled.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, gorgy said:

I'm absolutely shocked they didn't get rid of Nancy. After years of reality television viewing, the token old contestant always automatically leaves if they end up in the botton. She was in the bottom last week too, so I'm completely flummoxed.

Untrue.  Nancy was in the top two last week!  It was between her and Sergio. (She did the dress with the ruffle shoulder.)  She deserves her place in this competition.  At least her love and flair for fashion is always apparent.  That, sadly, canNOT be said for some of her "nasty" & dull competitors.  Nancy has had a couple of real winning, fun looks that I would totally enjoy wearing. 

• Love 7

Again, I'm amazed that someone competed to get on this show and didn't watch past episodes. I'm looking at you, Delvin. Cuz if you did, you'd know: 1. if you say a challenge is in your wheelhouse, you will be in the bottom, and 2. judges hate green on the runway.

Also, I know nothing about fashion or fashion history; aside from watching PR, I am clueless about the big name designers... but even I could not avoid Celine Dion's backwards tux -- because I STAND IN LINE at the grocery store waiting to check out and gaze at the covers of all the magazines lined up there. You could not miss it.

Add me to this list of people who hated Victoria's "thing" -- Nina sure does have a serious hard-on for her. Why??

I could feel the save coming for Brittany, and shuddered when it came to pass. I imagine every single one of the designers who'd already been auf'd wondered why her and not me. It seemed a little cruel to do it in front of them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
47 minutes ago, Kira53 said:
7 hours ago, carrps said:

I hated Victoria's. It made Thijin (Thijin!) look fat. And it was skanky. Dang. A garter? A bedazzled garter??? And, on top of that, it was poorly made and puckery. 😄

My thought at the time too.  They will forgive her of anything.  When I saw the back of her yellow dress again I was horrified at how horrible she made that model look.  Thinjin looked looked she had a belly and fat rolls.

Thank you! When I saw Victoria’s dress I thought to myself “Victoria has managed to make one of the best models in the show look dumpy and horrible.” This episode’s garment and last week’s yellow monstrosity were both ill-fitting, pulled in all the wrong ways, and looked incredibly cheap. 

How the words “It doesn’t look expensive” don’t come out of Nina’s mouth, I’ll never understand. 

And I know it’s been said but I found all the drooling and camera closeups of the male models to be insulting. If they did that to the female models, there would be hell to pay.

It’s also just a really bad look for a show that was once produced by Weinstein and had his (now ex) wife as a judge. Men, as well as women, deserve Respect. 

• Love 20

I just went to the Bravo website to see the designs in greater detail.  Victoria's is even worse when you see only a still photograph.  It was REALLY unflattering.  The posters above were right - somehow she managed to make Thijin look fat - not easy task.  

And Delvin was only kept out of the very bottom because his suit was well crafted - there really was no design there.

Like many of you I am MORE than ready for the short/cropped pants look to be gone.  I realize that things on the runway aren't necessarily what's going to be produced but seriously, can anyone say they have ever seen a man in real life wearing those pants?  If you went to your doctor, lawyer or accountant and they were wearing those would you really take them seriously?  And when I see cropped pants on women I can't help but think of all those dowdy old ladies in their capris.  (I am an old lady so I can say stuff like that.)  

And I am convinced that the reason they resort to asymmetry is so they don't have to worry about things fitting well and hanging properly.  If a skirt or jacket hangs unevenly, you notice.  If you don't even TRY to make an even hem you don't have to worry about precision as much.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
4 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

I didn't care for Victoria's dress. It was one strap and flap short of being her usual look. It wasn't all that. Don't know what the judges see in her.

Yet she of all people had the nerve to say that Nancy did the same thing over and over when she herself has sent out a slight variation of the same outfit each week.  She did manage to put in the strap this week but this time it was on the back.  She even pointed out that it was satin like that somehow elevated it.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Victoria's dress made her model look like she has the same belly I have, which maybe she does (although I doubt it), and if so, I suppose good for the show for continuing to use her. But I have a belly like that, and I try to flatten it and hide it. I don't try to show it off in a satin dress (that is pretending to be some sort of tuxedo). Any woman wearing that dress on a red carpet better be pregnant because if not, she's going to have to beat off rumors of pregnancy.

Any non-pregnant woman who had that belly (which probably means that she has given birth at some point) would want it hidden. Lots of spandex will probably be required.

• Love 9

Alan’s gasp and “stop” reaction to “d- - - - - y Hamptons party.” He is really delivering the goods. And his joy and cackling regarding Brandon missing his shoe game. So cute.

Thank you for the ShaVi love, everyone.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 7