Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E09: Suit Yourself

• Start Topic

I don't think it would matter what the judges would point out to Delvin that his design wasn't all that and a bag of chips, he wouldn't believe them.  He and Brittany are just so in love with their own illusions that it's easier to tear down others than make corrections to themselves.  

Saying that...it'll probably Nancy going next.    

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Plus the 1950’s being a great decade?????

He was really talking out of his ass there.  I don't think he even knew what he was saying.

Please eliminate Brittany!!  I've at least liked some of Nancy's work.

• Love 22

That was quite a look from Marquis (and Shavi)! Stunning! And their model was perfectly suited for it. Geoffrey’s tux was gorgeous as well. I love tuxedos on men and women and both of their looks were amazingly creative.

Sergio is so far up his own ass that he doesn’t know what day it is.

No such luck that Brittany would be gone. Victoria is going to win it all, isn’t she? Sigh. Nina can’t get enough of her. They will end up in the finale and I won’t watch. Can’t stand either of them..

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, TexasGal said:

I’m going to try to stay out of creeper territory with Marquise’s model

Given that so many seem comfortable drooling over that model can we say that it would be a shame to lose Victoria because she brightens up the cast?

• Love 2
Just now, NYGirl said:

Well at least he used the save and it can't be used on Victoria if they ever decide to vote her out!

I hate to say it but I think Victoria and Sergio are both locks for the finale.

• Love 5

Can Nancy design anything that doesn’t swallow her model in fabric? Ugh. I feel like the only red carpet she can design for is Sundance. 

Brittany’s was a total nightmare; she deserved the offing, but she also deserved the save. She’s designed some great things. 

Delvin, I love his aloof coldness, but each design is getting more dull and safe. Break free, Dr. Couture!

Marquise designed something stunning that worked so well with his model. 

The bow tie really did Geoffrey wrong.

Can someone shove a sock in Sergio’s stupid clown face?

Victoria’s was a pulling mess. Ugh. 

• Love 21
1 minute ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

Brittany is always promising that she won't disappoint, and yet she does. She has gotten the save and once again has promised not to disappoint - I'm going to go out on a limb and say that she will bomb again. Picture Brittany right now - I'll bet you pictured her crying. She's always stressing, crying, eye rolling - I was ready to be done with her. Oh well.

Very much like Victoria... hmm...

• Love 8

It had better not be a Victoria/Brittany/Sergio finale. Though I could stand Sergio if he’d stop talking about his “causes”. Not that it’s wrong to have them, but he SO didn’t have one this week and he was talking out of his ass.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, WaltersHair said:

I kinda admire Sergio. He managed to offend liberals, conservatives, and about everyone in between. That takes talen

And did you see the look on Karli's face when he said "MAGA"??   She's married to Jared Kushner's brother but she and her husband most def do not follow that political line.   I couldn't believe Sergio even said that in front of her.   Plus the whole 50's being great, yada yada.   He just kept digging the hole deeper.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

IThoughtSergio'sBackwardsSuitLookedBetterThanTheOriginal *ducks and runs in case of flying rotten tomatoes

I actually agree! And I hate Sergio! But I never liked Celine's backwards tux. And I thought (sans bow tie) Sergio's gown was lovely. But my problem with it was that it was gown, not really a take on a tuxedo.

• Love 15

I'm so proud and happy for Marquise.  As self-taught designer, he can hold his head high.  I'm glad that Delvin was safe; he's better than that.  I think he got a bit too self-confident for this challenge.  It's understandable, because he's seen the judges lose their minds over total shit but he still needs to remember that good designers have gone home.

Sergio's dress was lovely (the pink lapels were gorgeous) but I find it hard to believe that he's never seen Celine's backwards tux; it's iconic (and one of my favourite things ever).  Sergio should be embarrassed about his ignorance about what the 1950s were like.  His little speech STUNK of White male privilege but he should remember that HE wouldn't have had such a good time back then.

Nancy's was a pantsuit, not a tuxedo.  I liked Geoffrey's jumpsuit; it was very cute.

I'm sick of Victoria and YSL did a better tuxedo dress.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Useful 1
  • Love 23
53 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I’m going to try to stay out of creeper territory with Marquise’s model, and just point out that he did have an amazing walk.  When the judges said his design looked regal I was like - yes!  That’s what that walk is!  I’m glad he won although I really like Geoffrey’s as well.

I don't think its creeper to say that the model sold the look and had a great walk -- we say that about the female models all the time. He was an outstanding male model. There is absolutely nothing wrong with commenting on, recognizing it, and appreciating it. There are always posts about how Thinjin sells a look -- same thing. Elaine last week said Victoria's model's body was "banging." Marquise's model sold that look and his body was banging in it.  

• Love 23
1 hour ago, nb360 said:

Thanks for reminding me: 

image.png.e5188041a1d32980b3516e4a465328ca.png

Super ugly.  Really?  They were all blown away by this?  Nothing like what Sergio did but he probably should have went with a different color.  

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Lemons said:
1 hour ago, nb360 said:

Thanks for reminding me: 

image.png.e5188041a1d32980b3516e4a465328ca.png

Super ugly.  Really?  They were all blown away by this?

I think it was kind of  the theory of "any publicity is good publicity."  Yep, it was ugly. But damn if anyone could talk about anything else that year! And it is still talked about now - so not an attractive look, but still iconic.

• Love 6
Just now, Lemons said:

The hate for Sergio is confusing.  He’s not a mean guy.  He says what he thinks and he thinks he’s pretty talented.  He seemed genuinely happy when Brittany was saved even though she’s on the catty side.  And you know that Nancy is the only one who shows him any kindness.  There’s some mean spirited contestants there. 

He’s very socially awkward and any adult who listens to him for more than a minute can see it.  Have some tolerance judges.  

And I hate the judge with the glasses who was offended? over his 1950’s statement.  That was his opinion. Sure it was as awkward just like everything he says.   But maybe as a Mexican-American he feels this era is the most unsafe his family has ever felt.  

Perhaps Sergio should sit down with his grandparents and ask them what life was like for them back in the good old days.  If the other contestants aren't crazy about Sergio it might be because he spends his time reminiscing about the days when they had no civil rights or opportunities. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
17 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

.  Sergio should be embarrassed about his ignorance about what the 1950s were like.  His little speech STUNK of White male privilege but he should remember that HE wouldn't have had such a good time back then.

Sergio is Mexican where he spent his early days and then his family moved to Texas.  Hardly white male privilege.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Archer27 said:

Good grief - Sergio and his idiotic political story.  And of course he has to design a tuxedo dress - and reserve it.  He acts as though he is the one and only who has ever turned clothes backwards. (Ummm..has he ever heard of Criss Cross - wow, I am old!)

Probably not....since he never seemed to hear about Galiano's backward tuxedo on Celine Dion, either.  (Calling bullshit on that one!!  Even people not involved in fashion would probably know that!)  

• Love 5
Just now, Lemons said:

Sergio is Mexican where he spent his early days and then his family moved to Texas.  Hardly white male privilege.  

Then perhaps he needs to educate himself a bit more and talk a little less.  Both about history AND fashion since he CLAIMS he's never seen one of the most famous tuxedos ever.

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Probably not....since he never seemed to hear about Galiano's backward tuxedo on Celine Dion, either.  (Calling bullshit on that one!!  Even people not involved in fashion would probably know that!)  

I call bullshit as well.  Sergio wants to pass himself off as the ULTIMATE EXPERT but he doesn't know one of Galliano's most famous designs?  He needs to sit his pretentious ass down.

• Love 24
1 minute ago, mightysparrow said:

Perhaps Sergio should sit down with his grandparents and ask them what life was like for them back in the good old days.  If the other contestants aren't crazy about Sergio it might be because he spends his time reminiscing about the days when they had no civil rights or opportunities. 

I’ll say it again.  His family is from Mexico.  They probably were told about the American dream and how great it was on the other side of the border.  So easy to buy a house, a car, have kids.  The ideal country.  Who knows.  But they were not Americans.  

I know everyone’s trying to be politically correct but know your facts.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 15