Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E09: Suit Yourself

• Start Topic

On 2/12/2020 at 4:46 PM, xtwheeler said:

Actually, Christian Siriano is emerging as one of the most political designers out there right now, and I'm so proud of how much our little boy has grown up! His Billy Porter gown will be on "iconic fashion" lists for decades, his "play our fucking music" "reveal" at the CMT's was a bit ham-fisted, but got the issue out there (I don't remember who wore it) and we all know the Leslie Jones situation

I don't.

• Love 2
On 2/14/2020 at 12:33 AM, Brookside said:

I don't.

8 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I didn't know about that either.  The dress is marvelous, and Leslie look fab!

I'm sorry, I totally made an assumption I shouldn't have, and I apologize. As noted above, she mentioned on Twitter that despite reaching out, no designer would design for her for her movie premiere. Our very own Christian stepped in, and it became a huge "moment." Tons of other designers have since started to see oh, yeah, I guess you don't have to be a size 00. Mindy Kaling said for the Oscars this year she had 7-8 choices whereas 5 years ago she was lucky to get ONE, or buy off the rack. Christian remains the go-to designer for not sample-size women, and he probably knows more now than any other designer about the correct construction & tailoring, and I'm so glad it has made him blazingly famous! I read an emerging designer referred to as someone who "aspired to be one of the major designers of the world, like de la Renta, Siriano, or Dior." Nice company to be keeping!

• Love 9