Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E05: A Not So Merry Christmas

• Start Topic

It's Christmas and the family is divided over Kody's pitch to live in one house; a pregnancy is revealed; the family confronts the fact that their houses in Vegas are not selling; their finances are at a breaking point.

Yeah. Well.

I got nothing.

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

It's Christmas and the family is divided over Kody's pitch to live in one house; a pregnancy is reveled; the family confronts the fact that their houses in Vegas are not selling; their finances are at a breaking point.

Shocking revelations.  Who could have possibly guessed?  I wonder what can possibly happen.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Yeah. Well.

I got nothing.

Really?  I gots lots.   Zz.z.z>Z>Zz.z.z.z.z.Z....ZZZZZzzz.z...zz..  

and there are a WHOLE LOT MORE Z's if anyone doesn't have their own!  I'm willing to share.....

8 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Did they mean "a pregnancy is revealed"?

The suspense is killing me...

No... they probably meant "reveled".  They will revel in the news.... Christine will break out in a tuneless song.... Meri will wipe eye-boogers of joy.... Robyn will cry.... Janelle will push her arm chair back and eat some Fritos and Kody will flip his hair.  Maybe a dog will pee on the floor.  The viewing audience will be enthralled, as usual.

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, JustDuckie said:

When Kody and the wives were all sitting around talking about why their LV houses weren't selling - did anyone catch Meri's comment about her own? "It's an AMAZING house, and it has this FABULOUS WET BAR"

Yeah, she's here.

I thought the same!  

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm just amazed that Robyn can't comprehend why the housing market can change and if it happens, you lower your price. You can't just wish it's not so....she's not so bright, it seems. AND, she's so whiney....downright witchy. Menopause?

Thank you!  She WAS being a full-blown witch.  MAYBE she should have fricken cleaned up her OWN HOUSE and put it on the market FIRST if she thinks her house is going to sell for a million give or take.  She's so worried that it will bring in less money now.  Her two youngest kids aren't newborns for pete's sake.  Clean up after yourself and your own kids and put the house up for sale.  I KNOW she was waiting for someone else to just get fed up and do it FOR her.  And that's probably what happened.  That just bugs me how lazy she is.  Can't go clean up the house when you sleep until noon!

• Love 22
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Geez, the pictures TLC uses:

.Note to self for tomorrow: 1) Go through closet and try on all skinny stretch jeans. 2) Think about this photo. 3) Purge if necessary. 4) Be grateful I never bought any luluno denim at least. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
Just now, lilsadone said:

I'm LOVING that we get to watch Robyn slowly spin out and unravel as she loses more and more control. 🤣

Highlight of the episode for me! 

An hour of her bitching about everything.  I wonder if Kody is sorry he married her yet.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
51 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm just amazed that Robyn can't comprehend why the housing market can change and if it happens, you lower your price. You can't just wish it's not so....she's not so bright, it seems. AND, she's so whiney....downright witchy. Menopause?

It's not that she can't comprehend.  She just hasn't had time to work her revisionist magic on the family history.  She's the only woman I've ever heard of that managed to get her purity back in order to give it to the man it was intended for from the start.  She is trying to spin this manufactured drama about the houses to her advantage.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, endure said:

Didn't Robins house sell right away, a long time ago, before they even moved to Flagstaff maybe?

No, it sold in late February 2019, 6 months after they moved.  She left it full of junk when they fled to Flagstaff for the start of school.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

If these people wanted to sell their homes for top dollar they should have protected that equity and not beat the crap out of their homes. At the very least they could have shampooed the carpets and painted the walls.

Their comments about seeing the wives go on dates is hilarious, as if Kody spends any date time with most of them. Probably the issue will become that Kody spends most his time in his own house. It is a bit closer than the cul-de-sac but they probably knew a lot of everyone’s coming and going just living on the same street. I for sure see the people across the street from me come and go all the time and we are farther apart than the Vegas houses. 

The advantage to the big house is the kids will get to see their siblings more. Maybe even their father more.

Edited by fountain
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
On 1/26/2020 at 9:17 PM, deirdra said:

No, it sold in late February 2019, 6 months after they moved.  She left it full of junk when they fled to Flagstaff for the start of school.

Thanks it is so hard to follow the drama when we are watching episodes a year after they happen.  I do seem to recall that Robyns house sold first and there was some time before the others sold.

Edited by endure
  • Love 3

Who lists a house during the holidays? Most people are too busy to go to open houses. Janelle as a realtor should know spring is the ideal time so that families can get settled before school begins. Also, if you stay in your house less than five years and aren't in a super hot market, you are going to lose money. Pretty sure most people who have owned a house know these basic facts.

I'm not getting why Kody wants such a big house for all of them? The kids are getting older and they'll be empty nesters or close to it in 5-10 years. Sure, the kids will come visit but there's no reason to build basically a hotel. Why no one calls really calls him out is beyond me. I could see them building it and then Kody deciding he wants to go somewhere else in a few years. Future oriented thinking is not Kody's thing.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, valdawn said:

Ok so definitely not defending Kody or any of their stupid assess for picking up and moving before selling their LV houses, but WTF Robyn? How are you going to be mad at Kody or anyone else that no one is willing to pay what Kody or others thought they would at the time it was first brought up??

Whether Kody overestimated what the houses were worth or the market changed, don’t throw a tantrum like a 2 year old brat because you think you’re entitled to all the Money you think you should be getting or were expecting to get. And honestly, she’s been in the family the shortest amount of time, so if you want to get technical she’s probably contributed the overall least to their finances as a whole so F off entitled ass Robyn! Everyone’s getting less for their house, not just you! 

Also, I remember Mona the realtor saying she thought they’d sell fast at the price they originally talked about, so it’s not just Kody who’s wrong. Sounds like the market changed a bit but entitled Robyn still wants some poor fool to come overpay for their houses because she feels entitled  and that she deserves to make that much in equity. I cannot with her 🙄

exactly, Robyn has absolutely no business sense at all... she's like dealing with a 4 yr old.

plus all their houses were very basic builder grade other than a couple upgrades and the kids smashed the shit out of Janelle and Christines houses.... They were in rough shape.

Also I wish Robyn would shut the hell up about no one discussing anything or looking at kooties plans... WTF... I was hoping they would look at them and get a little excited but NOPE buzz kill Robin wants everyone to sit around singing christmas carols.... she's such a freaking Debbie Downer!

Edited by Joan of Argh
spellingK
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

When Kody asked who wanted to look at his blueprint, Robyn said, “If I disengage, then Kody can’t have the conversation he would like to have.” That sentence told me all I need to know about the inner workings of this family. Without Robyn’s input it’s all meaningless.

I honestly just thought she meant he needed all the adults to engage - like any one holdout would prevent the convo.. But you may be right! 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 1

So, questions.  
In the house plans someone here published from Reddit:

Seems that all of the wives, except Meri, only have one extra bedroom.  So where will the family stay?  Is there another level of bedrooms we don’t see?  Also Kody and his “my house” thing.  There’s the community kitchen and the community living room.  No private bedroom etc for him. Must be another level although it seems the basement is the garage. 
ETA what an ass Kody was about why he talked to Meri alone: she stayed and it was all about getting it off his chest. Way to devalue Meri, you jerk. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 12

And another thing, LOL - how can Robyn pretend to have so much outrage at the houses not selling when she's the one who left her house so full of crap that it wasn't even on the market at the same time as Janelle's and Christine's?  I mean, how does she sit there and piss and moan about dropping the prices on the LV houses when hers wasn't even on the market yet?

At least that's what we're supposed to believe, anyway.  Who knows with these people.  Just another reason that I think Robyn is Mrs. Liar McLiarPants.  And also a horrible actress.  Just my opinion!

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

So, questions.  
In the house plans someone here published from Reddit:

Seems that all of the wives, except Meri, only have one extra bedroom.  So where will the family stay?  Is there another level of bedrooms we don’t see?  Also Kody and his “my house” thing.  There’s the community kitchen and the community living room.  No private bedroom etc for him. Must be another level although it seems the basement is the garage. 
ETA what an ass Kody was about why he talked to Meri alone: she stayed and it was all about getting it off his chest. Way to devalue Meri, you jerk. 

The plan I saw had Kody's kitchen, living, dining areas and an open loft with what looked like a bed up there.  I assumed on nights he stayed there alone, he would put on his Batman cape and fly up there as the plan didn't show a staircase

• LOL 15
  • Love 3

re Kody's tweet....having an "open mind" does not mean that every one agree with you.  You can have an open mind, consider the info, and still say no.   No need to insult somebody for disagreeing with you.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
7 hours ago, suomi said:

These freakin' hillbillies! Whether you're reading what they post online or listening to them speak, you need to constantly be consulting the Rosetta Stone to figure out WTF they think they're saying. 

Well that's why they have to say everything again, and again and again.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Since when does Kody care what Meri thinks? Any port in a storm I guess. He’s so desperate for someone to see it his way that he deigned to have a conversation with her. I would have told him he could leave with all the rest.

• Love 6

I just don't get the feeling that Robyn and Kody are getting along that well during that time frame.  Maybe, now it's different. At one time they reportedly had one child in the bed, did that turn into two?  It might have finally caused a big rift between them.  Co-sleeping is controversial.  I have a friend who's daughter slept with her and her husband until she started school and even after that, most nights.  They divorced.  I know where it has caused a big issue in several couples that I know. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Oh, editors of Sister Wives! I'm down on one knee, hands full of street tacos for this:

Kody pouts/says something about paying 5 mortgages and a bajillion rents & they're spending too much money in general.  

Cut to the water feature in Meri's house.

Then back to the real estate convo.

It was completely gratuitous and had no point other than to say 1) yeah, you sure are spending money on a lot of stupid stuff; and 2) remind us all, as Meri thought she did snarkily (but all she did was acknowledge how we all see her selfishness so the idiot was just reminding us of her myriad flaws), that Meri is known for NEEDING houses with expensive wet/water details.  They HATE Meri. In the very episode in which she thought she was gaining the whole H2O upper hand, they pushed her right back under. 

I love you editors!  I'll even agree to live in one big house with you.

• LOL 14
  • Love 9

Yep Robyn is trying hard to make everyone believe that this move was all Kody's idea. She keeps saying that the had the perfect setup in Las Vegas with the 4 houses. But of all the places that they could have picked to move to it just so happened that they picked the place where Dayton was going to college. Just a coincidence. Her fake umbrage is not believable. 

• Love 24