Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E05: A Not So Merry Christmas

• Start Topic

The first season is by far the most interesting, but I also think it was largely an act. They were on their best behavior for the cameras. I suspect Meri actually proactively lost weight for the show and pretended to be a light, healthy eater - making chicken breast and asparagus in her kitchen while the rest of the family ate fish stick tacos and tater tots at Christine's. It came out later that Meri and Kody had almost broken up and we're in therapy at the same time Robyn came on the scene.

Oh and despite what Janelle says, you will never convince me for a minute that she wouldn't prefer a monogamous relationship with Kody, the guy for whom she threw her first husband under the bus. 

• Love 18

One thing I noticed is in the first few shows in the Lehi house, the children - even Mariah - had genuine smiles on their faces while interacting with each other.  Then the adults brought fear of persecution into the fambly.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Oh and despite what Janelle says, you will never convince me for a minute that she wouldn't prefer a monogamous relationship with Kody, the guy for whom she threw her first husband under the bus. 

Interesting. I really get the impression from Janelle (and did in the early seasons as well) that she really isn't warm and fuzzy, likes sharing Kody with the others so she doesn't have to be very affectionate, and got her kids out of him.  And that she is the "business end" of the dynamic.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Interesting. I really get the impression from Janelle (and did in the early seasons as well) that she really isn't warm and fuzzy, likes sharing Kody with the others so she doesn't have to be very affectionate, and got her kids out of him.  And that she is the "business end" of the dynamic.

The book gives a totally different take. I think it's the way Janelle REALLY felt. She was stuck on the fringes most of the time and spent a lot of time alone in her bedroom, being depressed. 

I think she feels that this is the best she can do. 

ETA: Its pretty transparent to me that Janelle is enjoying Meri's predicament/situation. You can almost see "HA! JUST WHAT YOU DESERVE YOU BITCH!" behind her eyes.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

The first season is by far the most interesting, but I also think it was largely an act. They were on their best behavior for the cameras. I suspect Meri actually proactively lost weight for the show and pretended to be a light, healthy eater - making chicken breast and asparagus in her kitchen while the rest of the family ate fish stick tacos and tater tots at Christine's. It came out later that Meri and Kody had almost broken up and we're in therapy at the same time Robyn came on the scene.

I think they pretty much said they were having a lot of problems.  Maybe Kody was getting tired of Meri's nonsense.  You can only push people so far, before they start pushing back.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I have often wondered with Meri.  There is a huge difference with her in Season 1, 2 and 3.

Just now, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I think they pretty much said they were having a lot of problems.  Maybe Kody was getting tired of Meri's nonsense.  You can only push people so far, before they start pushing back.

Also, it is not often talked about, but it would not have been too long before Robyn came into the picture that Meri got pregnant and then miscarried.  Kody is pretty incapable of giving emotional support to the wives and Meri would have needed a LOT more at that time.  They have said how Meri and Kody had issues before Robyn, and that would have happened within the window that could have made small issues they were not dealing with into really huge issues that were pushed to the bottom of the pile after Robyn (and the cameras) came into the picture.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Just from the way Special Snowflake Mariah acted when Meri wasn't able to move into their brand-spankin'-new house in LV, and the way Meri just coddled Mariah's two-year-old-acting tantrum, makes me think that part of the reason Kootie checked out of that marriage was her (Meri's) pampering of that one kid.  I also remember when Kootie told Meri that he wasn't going to deprive Aspyn of a college education just because that selfish Mariah/Meri duo INSISTED that Mariah deserved a private college ed at, what?  Quadruple the price of UNLV?

What a fucked-up family.  Too bad Kootie insisted on multiple wives, and now has to dill with the carnage.  Boo fucking hoo.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

There were no allusions to discord in Season 1. The only issues they discussed were about adjusting to Robyn's entry into the family.  Meri was all for it. She and Kody went on an anniversary trip; they seemed to still connect.  Her nonsense started later on.  

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

There were no allusions to discord in Season 1. The only issues they discussed were about adjusting to Robyn's entry into the family.  Meri was all for it. She and Kody went on an anniversary trip; they seemed to still connect.  Her nonsense started later on.  

I'm very biased so just set me straight if you feel I am off base here.....

I wonder if Meri's "nonsense" and issues with Kody and the catfishing was because once Robyn entered the picture she was the ONLY wife Kody noticed/cared about/boinked/listened to - and Robyn was calling all of the shots and started wearing the pants in the family (once Kody's ball hairs were tightly clutched between her knuckles).  It would be easy to check out emotionally over that garbage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
35 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Actually they had a very unpleasant scene during their anniversary dinner date in season 1 and they'd been having problems for quite a while.

Meri is crying at the table in the restaurant and Kootie brow beats her and tells her how disgusted he would be if Meri was with another man etc etc... they were both frustrated and angry during the entire date.

During the Mexico anniversary trip there was an uneasy atmosphere surrounding the question of Meri trying to have another baby.

Their marriage was already failing and I think Meri saw Robyn as a way of pleasing Kody and that's why she's so GUNG HO while Janelle and Christine are not that happy about it.

Kody just wanted Robyn, he was dancing on air and thought of nothing else and Meri didn't receive the appreciation that she expected.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

i always thought the, "Meri wanting to have another baby" was all for the show and not real.  Many things didn't add up.  If she was so into having another baby all along, why not address testing, in vitro, surrogacy w/e, before she hit 41? on the show they go to visit her doctor, the female one.  They never did any testing at that time, only got advice, but even then Meri insists she wants a 2nd opinion.  They go to another doctor, male this time, and he basically tells her that at her age, conceiving is not in her odds.  Years go by and she is still thinking mulling it over...never addressing the fact that she is aging, may never be able to conceive and really isn't safe for her or a baby. 

on the other hand, I do believe she fell for the catfishing and was ready to bolt the family during the Alaska trip.  I think the stuff about her protecting the family was all baloney which enabled her to play victim.  BTW,  the creepy voice mails and pics of Meri (in the tub,  banana pics and her batman underoos) are still visible on Sam's website. 

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I wonder if Meri's "nonsense" and issues with Kody and the catfishing was because once Robyn entered the picture she was the ONLY wife Kody noticed/cared about/boinked/listened to - and Robyn was calling all of the shots and started wearing the pants in the family (once Kody's ball hairs were tightly clutched between her knuckles).  It would be easy to check out emotionally over that garbage.

Meri made reference ( I think in the first episode) to "thought about leaving" but "I stay for my daughter and my loyalty to my family".  It was a long long time later when her and Kody both agreed that they were having issues before Robyn.  I think I wrote recently that I wondered if it had anything to do with her miscarriage, which would have happened shortly before Robyn as well. Maybe just coincidence, but trauma can bring repressed issues festering to the surface (yes, personal experience...)

• Love 6
8 hours ago, crimson23 said:

i always thought the, "Meri wanting to have another baby" was all for the show and not real.  Many things didn't add up.  If she was so into having another baby all along, why not address testing, in vitro, surrogacy w/e, before she hit 41? on the show they go to visit her doctor, the female one.  They never did any testing at that time, only got advice, but even then Meri insists she wants a 2nd opinion.  They go to another doctor, male this time, and he basically tells her that at her age, conceiving is not in her odds.  Years go by and she is still thinking mulling it over...never addressing the fact that she is aging, may never be able to conceive and really isn't safe for her or a baby. 

on the other hand, I do believe she fell for the catfishing and was ready to bolt the family during the Alaska trip.  I think the stuff about her protecting the family was all baloney which enabled her to play victim.  BTW,  the creepy voice mails and pics of Meri (in the tub,  banana pics and her batman underoos) are still visible on Sam's website. 

Jackie Overton is one sick cookie.  She never stops catfishing.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Meri made reference ( I think in the first episode) to "thought about leaving" but "I stay for my daughter and my loyalty to my family".  It was a long long time later when her and Kody both agreed that they were having issues before Robyn.  I think I wrote recently that I wondered if it had anything to do with her miscarriage, which would have happened shortly before Robyn as well. Maybe just coincidence, but trauma can bring repressed issues festering to the surface (yes, personal experience...)

I was thinking about what you wrote here...  I want to add that Kody, having twenty-eleven OTHER kids running around the place wouldn't be very sympathetic and compassionate towards Meri over losing a baby.  I think he would shrug and say something like, "Oh well - that's God's will - there will be other babies!" and that would be the entire extent of it. He wouldn't understand it if she were grieving or depressed and he would not have the patience or empathy towards her that is needed in situations such as these.  He would expect her to be fine in a day or two.

8 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Hoo boy nothing makes Robin angrier than Kody not telling her things first. She hates not having the advantage!

Robyn has to be the one in control and she HAS to have things HER way.  Anything else throws her into nasty fits.

• Love 18
8 hours ago, crimson23 said:

I agree that it was all for the show, but also a way for Meri to get attention from Kody. Kody didn't need another baby with her. He had two wives and one fiance-on-the-way that could accommodate his need to breed, so having another one with Meri would have been for her sake. I think he was willing to consider it, but she was being so wishy-washy about it in an attention seeking way that he just lost his patience with her. He knows her better than anybody. I also think they could never have afforded those procedures. I mean, after all these years, they're still crying poor - albiet rich-poor - but back then they were crying poor-poor. Maybe even poor-poor-poor! And then her best friend Robyn offered to carry a baby for her and she was like, uh, no thanks. Yeah, I don't think she ever wanted another baby at that point in her life.

• Love 12
On 2/4/2020 at 10:36 PM, Suzy Rhapsody said:

As for Robyn, every time she opens her mouth in one of her “pissed off” talking heads, all I can think is, “Bitch, please.”  The karma train has come rolling through her perfect little poly world.  This “wasn’t what she thought it was?”   Shoulda read the brochure before you jumped in, woman.  Zero sympathy.

I will never be convinced that Robyn's anger isn't all for show.  I find her angry talking heads so over-the-top as to be cringeworthy.  She has legal wife status.  She controls Kody's "estate" (or lack thereof) if he passes.  She chose Flagstaff as the family's new home, and she has proclaimed that she will not be moving again, period.  She is HBIC.  She has the Prince and Princess Brownies that Kody adores.  She is probably the only remaining viable womb to create more spawn and Kody knows this.  She literally has nothing to be angry about, so her constant tears and complaints are 100% fake, IMO.

18 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I always got the impression that Janelle was in the closet and used Kody as her beard...am I the only one?

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I was thinking about what you wrote here...  I want to add that Kody, having twenty-eleven OTHER kids running around the place wouldn't be very sympathetic and compassionate towards Meri over losing a baby.  I think he would shrug and say something like, "Oh well - that's God's will - there will be other babies!" and that would be the entire extent of it. He wouldn't understand it if she were grieving or depressed and he would not have the patience or empathy towards her that is needed in situations such as these.  He would expect her to be fine in a day or two.

Robyn has to be the one in control and she HAS to have things HER way.  Anything else throws her into nasty fits.

The possessive way that Kody is around the bellies of the wives when the are pregnant creeps me out.  It's just my thoughts, but its always about him. I wouldn't put it past Kody to blame Meri for losing his baby. I don't know how she knew, but Meri makes reference to her lost pregnancy as being a boy. She has made comments over and over about always wanting a boy and that may have made losing it even worse in her mind.

This latest talk from Kody about wanting more children because he just doesn't know anything else past making and having babies makes me think he is in deep with a mid life crisis.  Robyn mentioned "oh...Kody just talks like that and it's sometimes so scary..." Yea. No. Grow up Kody and get a hobby, or maybe even spend time with the multitudes of children you already have.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

And then her best friend Robyn offered to carry a baby for her and she was like, uh, no thanks. Yeah, I don't think she ever wanted another baby at that point in her life.

I think Meri might have known that Robyn carrying her baby would mean LOTS of strings attached and Robyn would always probably feel that Meri "owed" her everything for the rest of her life.  I would NEVER x 1000 have Robyn carry a baby for me.  No thanks.

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
15 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I think Meri might have known that Robyn carrying her baby would mean LOTS of strings attached and Robyn would always probably feel that Meri "owed" her everything for the rest of her life.  I would NEVER x 1000 have Robyn carry a baby for me.  No thanks.

100%

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I think you are right about this. Meri was Kody's first and only legal wife for how many years? She was HBIC. She was Kody's first love. Enter Robyn. Kody is besotted with her looks and sweetness. Before long there are musings about Robyn's 3 older children who cannot draw his Social Security benefits if he dies. And I am willing to bet this was not Meri's idea. Kody could have solved this probably by taking out a life insurance policy on himself and naming  them as beneficiaries.  But what does he come up with? Meri divorcing Kody so that he can marry Robyn and adopt her children. Even though the SS for these kids would stop at 18. Now Robyn is the legal wife and will control his estate. And you can bet she will look after herself and her children first. It is just human nature that Meri would grow to be resentful about his. Anyone would. She has acted hurt and resentful ever since and that's whay she turned to the catfish. She as desperate for attention and needing to be desired by somonone. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Now Robyn is the legal wife and will control his estate.

I know it's FAR too much to expect these idiots to have wills, but if Kody did have a will leaving equal parts to all the wives, there would be nothing Robyn could do about it.  She couldn't really control his estate (not that I think there will be much "estate" left the way these idiots spend their money.)

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I know it's FAR too much to expect these idiots to have wills, but if Kody did have a will leaving equal parts to all the wives, there would be nothing Robyn could do about it.  She couldn't really control his estate (not that I think there will be much "estate" left the way these idiots spend their money.)

Re a will, he would have had to pay for that and we know they don't have 2 nickels.  Also @65mickey mentioned life insurance.  For normal plygs (with $) I could see this.  But have a policy that requires ongoing payment?  Nah, how could Kootie afford his perm if he had to pay for stupid insurance??  They don't even seem to have med insurance or Robyn would look into that goiter.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Before long there are musings about Robyn's 3 older children who cannot draw his Social Security benefits if he dies. And I am willing to bet this was not Meri's idea. Kody could have solved this probably by taking out a life insurance policy on himself and naming  them as beneficiaries.  

Kootie doesn't pay for car insurance, so paying for life insurance would be against his principles. Though SurferDude's 11-day honeymoon with Robyn may have been more expensive.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8

In the upcoming episode airing on Sunday the 9th, which you can see early on TLC go, Kody makes the comment "what would you ladies do if I die" and Janelle answered that they'd use the insurance money to pay the house off.  Kody then says the insurance money wouldn't be enough.  So I'm guessing they have some life insurance on Kody but not a million dollars worth.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I will never be convinced that Robyn's anger isn't all for show.  I find her angry talking heads so over-the-top as to be cringeworthy.  She has legal wife status.  She controls Kody's "estate" (or lack thereof) if he passes.  She chose Flagstaff as the family's new home, and she has proclaimed that she will not be moving again, period.  She is HBIC.  She has the Prince and Princess Brownies that Kody adores.  She is probably the only remaining viable womb to create more spawn and Kody knows this.  She literally has nothing to be angry about, so her constant tears and complaints are 100% fake, IMO.

I agree, 

JMO but I think the *new* Robyn is all about improving her image.

Everyone figured out that she was the one behind the whole exodus to Flagstaff and the reason they couldn't wait to sell the Vegas homes was because Robyn wanted to be established in Flagstaff before Dayton started school.

She was labeled HBIC and she doesn't like it so this season is all about convincing us that she's not Kody's favorite.

She wants us to believe that the whole move from Vegas in a rush was Kody's idea not hers.

The scene where they're all praying in the morning was more of Robyn's slight of hand... She's alone and Kody is with Christine

The scene where Kody is hollering about Robyn getting bread crumbs is more of Robyn's stealth.

The whole Christmas episode was about Saint Robyn.. She wants them to love each other and make it all about family, the children and peace on earth, good will to men.

I think all her anger at Kody is a bunch of BS that she cooked up.... I mean if she's angry with him in every episode and attacking him she can't possibly be his favorite... Right? 

After the scene about lowering the price on the houses she gets angry at Kody and leaves with the others and Kody is so flummoxed by the whole thing that he needs to confide in Meri... More of Robyn's doing and showing that she's just one of the wives and has plenty of problems with Kody 

She's pulling out all the stops and doing everything she can to change the narrative and make people believe that she's just following Kody like the others, nothing to see here folks.

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I agree, 

JMO but I think the *new* Robyn is all about improving her image.

Everyone figured out that she was the one behind the whole exodus to Flagstaff and the reason they couldn't wait to sell the Vegas homes was because Robyn wanted to be established in Flagstaff before Dayton started school.

She was labeled HBIC and she doesn't like it so this season is all about convincing us that she's not Kody's favorite.

She wants us to believe that the whole move from Vegas in a rush was Kody's idea not hers.

The scene where they're all praying in the morning was more of Robyn's slight of hand... She's alone and Kody is with Christine

The scene where Kody is hollering about Robyn getting bread crumbs is more of Robyn's stealth.

The whole Christmas episode was about Saint Robyn.. She wants them to love each other and make it all about family, the children and peace on earth, good will to men.

I think all her anger at Kody is a bunch of BS that she cooked up.... I mean if she's angry with him in every episode and attacking him she can't possibly be his favorite... Right? 

After the scene about lowering the price on the houses she gets angry at Kody and leaves with the others and Kody is so flummoxed by the whole thing that he needs to confide in Meri... More of Robyn's doing and showing that she's just one of the wives and has plenty of problems with Kody 

She's pulling out all the stops and doing everything she can to change the narrative and make people believe that she's just following Kody like the others, nothing to see here folks.

Yet it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO unconvincing!!   lol   The book cover doesn't change the story inside.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Yes, Robyn's anger is directed at the exact same things that we and other people on social media have ragged on her for, not any of the annoying things that Kootie does.  Her acting is childish and pathetic, verging on mentally unstable.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9

Lol maybe Robyn is “drunk with power”. She probably can’t believe her luck. The way she described her first husband,she seemed really miserable. So maybe when she met Kody she couldn’t imagine a guy already in other long term relationships picking her over these three blonde women lol. Maybe lol just what I think haha 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, ErikaOnline said:

Lol maybe Robyn is “drunk with power”. She probably can’t believe her luck. The way she described her first husband,she seemed really miserable. So maybe when she met Kody she couldn’t imagine a guy already in other long term relationships picking her over these three blonde women lol. Maybe lol just what I think haha 

Robyn has a really skewed viewpoint on what constitutes abuse.  I can't remember the episode or the details because it was a long time ago and I am old - maybe others here will remember - but Kody and Robyn were having a disagreement one time and he didn't even really raise his voice and she was all bent out of shape because she thought he was being abusive.  Or something like that.  It made me really question whether her ex-husband was all that terrible or just in HER eyes.  HOWEVER - I did read somewhere that her ex was charged with assault.  He pleaded not guilty and it was downgraded to disorderly conduct.  So it's obvious that her ex is capable of it - but mostly I read that they just argued constantly... which is not surprising since we are talking about ROBYN here.  I did think it was crappy to cut him completely out of the kids' lives.... but I couldn't tell if he was ok with that or not.  As much as I couldn't stand my ex - he was always able to see his kids if he wanted to.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I always got the impression that Janelle was in the closet and used Kody as her beard...am I the only one?

Oh yeah, she is working on that Emmy nomination every week with that phony BS.  I just laugh at her.  Her and her ridiculous “sister” “wives.”

• Love 7
10 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I’ve thought the same thing. I’ve also thought perhaps she is asexual and married Kody in order to have children. I think Kody sees Janelle more like a buddy. He can go fishing and camping with her. And she’s cheap, so he doesn’t have to “wine and dine” her like he does with the other wives. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

I’ve thought the same thing. I’ve also thought perhaps she is asexual and married Kody in order to have children. I think Kody sees Janelle more like a buddy. He can go fishing and camping with her. And she’s cheap, so he doesn’t have to “wine and dine” her like he does with the other wives. 

But she looks at Kody so lovingly lol. I think she’s straight because of the way she “pursued” Kody lol. She always looks happy and surprised whenever he shows her affection imo. She totally caters to his ego. She seems like she’s easy to please,she doesn’t require Kody to put in much effort at all. But I think Christine was/is Kody’s least favorite sadly. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Kody’s mentioned more than once that Janelle is ‘easy’ and romance is awkward with her, so he definitely sees her as a buddy. She’s not needy and she just bottles up and eats her emotions, which Kody loves, as it’s one less wife’s pesky emotions he has to deal with. I think she knew she wanted kids but was too apathetic to have a full time husband and wanted a sister wife to raise her kids for her, so polygamy works for her. Kody married her because at that time he already had a ‘sex wife’ with Meri (they used to call each other ‘lover’ and be all over each other in the early days based on extracts of the book) and what he needed was a practical workhorse to bring in some money and pop out some kids that Meri wasn’t delivering. Plus she was there, willing and he really needed that second to enter polygamy. 

Kody’s admitted he didn’t find Christine attractive and it’s clear he married her because she had the power to elevate him within his church, due to her family founding it. Plus she was blatantly throwing herself at him and he knew he needed more kids and a third wife (as three’s the magic number wife for their afterlife planet) so she was in. 

Christine (and later Meri) are clearly the least fave wives and the ones that give him trouble, due to their desires for a normal monogamist experience of having an emotionally available husband. They want to have someone fulfil their emotional needs and shower them with romance, attention and adoration and Kody’s not that guy. Kody is only in love with Kody (and possibly Robyn). He doesn’t like that they continuously hold him accountable as a husband.  

Robyn was favored simply due to her position and young age, she came lithe, limber, sweet and fresh-faced after he’d been bored with three plump bitching housewives for 20 years, she could have been her total bitch self from the outset and he’d still have been enamoured, but she needed to stealth her way in to her sister wives lives as well in order to cement her place in the family and therefore the show. Now that she’s comfortably HBIC, financially secure and still in favored last position, she’s free to be the crotchety nasty shrew she always was, underneath that sweet-talking patient and peacemaker persona. 

I hate myself for it, but I just find these boring idiots endlessly fascinating and ironically, it’s for what they don’t show us or talk about 😆 

This is masterful SofaSloth, you have summarized my feelings exactly and also pinpointed why I watch this show with endless fascination.

The only point I wonder about is if Janelle really wanted children or did she realize that fecundity would firmly entrench her in the graces of the man of her dreams, the one with the growwwl worthy hair.  She turned over child-rearing responsibilities to Christine and Logan, neglected Maddie as an infant to the point her weight at 8 months old was the same as her birth weight, her 3 older boys left home ASAP, she chose to follow Kody's spontaneous, ill conceived plan over the accomplishments and bright future for Gabe, abandoned her daughter and grandchild to follow Kody's dream and the one child she has had the most influence over, Savanah, is shy and retiring to the extreme.

All that being said, you are right, she did want children, just not the responsibility of nurturing and being a mother to them.

• Love 17
10 hours ago, ErikaOnline said:

But she looks at Kody so lovingly lol. I think she’s straight because of the way she “pursued” Kody lol. She always looks happy and surprised whenever he shows her affection imo. She totally caters to his ego. She seems like she’s easy to please,she doesn’t require Kody to put in much effort at all. But I think Christine was/is Kody’s least favorite sadly. 

I think that Christine and Kody have a totally new relationship now that they live in Flagstaff.  Kody shows up quite frequently on Christine's Facebook Live videos and they clearly have chemistry now.  Not sure if it was Christine's weight loss or her new happiness with life in general but something helped Kody fall back in love with Christine.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

I think that Christine and Kody have a totally new relationship now that they live in Flagstaff.  Kody shows up quite frequently on Christine's Facebook Live videos and they clearly have chemistry now.  Not sure if it was Christine's weight loss or her new happiness with life in general but something helped Kody fall back in love with Christine.  

Just my opinion only, but I don't believe Kody fell in love with Christine.  I believe they have a companionship and possibly friendship of sorts - but he can have a relationship with his wives without being in love with them.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Just my opinion only, but I don't believe Kody fell in love with Christine.  I believe they have a companionship and possibly friendship of sorts - but he can have a relationship with his wives without being in love with them.

I've often wondered if that is why Christine always gets the short end of the stick.  Kody had a spark with Meri.  I suspect he was a showboat freshly converted young man who wanted to talk endlessly about his newly found religion.  Meri was star struck with him and a captive, worshiping audience.  But, he had that spark with her.  He also had that spark with Janelle.  A different kind of quiet friendly connection where he could talk with her more like two guys would talk, but still a spark.

Zero spark for bubbly, obnoxious, in your face, giggly, flirty Christine who grossed him out when eating nachos. Christine pushed in hard after he had two wives because she wanted that third spot.  She is already friendly with Meri and Janelle and pushy with Kody and just happens to be the royal blood to elevate him in the community.  They both have said how their first year wasn't good, their wedding day wasn't good, they didn't have a courtship, yet Christine was quickly pregnant and so Kody was at least doing his mormon husband duty in that way.

I think that is why Kody is so indifferent with Christine, and her children.  Her kids are loud and obnoxious and giggly girls.  Aspyn was the good girl mommy helper and that is how Kody saw her. He never seemed to bond with Paedon and Truely was just lost in his lust for Robyn.

Yea...and Robyn he sparked with...a fresh young woman that sparked lust and she learned how to communicate with him better than the others.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Kody’s mentioned more than once that Janelle is ‘easy’ and romance is awkward with her, so he definitely sees her as a buddy. She’s not needy and she just bottles up and eats her emotions, which Kody loves, as it’s one less wife’s pesky emotions he has to deal with. I think she knew she wanted kids but was too apathetic to have a full time husband and wanted a sister wife to raise her kids for her, so polygamy works for her. Kody married her because at that time he already had a ‘sex wife’ with Meri (they used to call each other ‘lover’ and be all over each other in the early days based on extracts of the book) and what he needed was a practical workhorse to bring in some money and pop out some kids that Meri wasn’t delivering. Plus she was there, willing and he really needed that second to enter polygamy. 

Kody’s admitted he didn’t find Christine attractive and it’s clear he married her because she had the power to elevate him within his church, due to her family founding it. Plus she was blatantly throwing herself at him and he knew he needed more kids and a third wife (as three’s the magic number wife for their afterlife planet) so she was in. 

Christine (and later Meri) are clearly the least fave wives and the ones that give him trouble, due to their desires for a normal monogamist experience of having an emotionally available husband. They want to have someone fulfil their emotional needs and shower them with romance, attention and adoration and Kody’s not that guy. Kody is only in love with Kody (and possibly Robyn). He doesn’t like that they continuously hold him accountable as a husband.  

Robyn was favored simply due to her position and young age, she came lithe, limber, sweet and fresh-faced after he’d been bored with three plump bitching housewives for 20 years, she could have been her total bitch self from the outset and he’d still have been enamoured, but she needed to stealth her way in to her sister wives lives as well in order to cement her place in the family and therefore the show. Now that she’s comfortably HBIC, financially secure and still in favored last position, she’s free to be the crotchety nasty shrew she always was, underneath that sweet-talking patient and peacemaker persona. 

I hate myself for it, but I just find these boring idiots endlessly fascinating and ironically, it’s for what they don’t show us or talk about 😆 

Great post Sofa.... You nailed every single one of them!  👍

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

As others have said, you nailed it SofaSloth. The book is very similar - it reads like a couch session. Full of platitudes but not that much info.

• Love 9
On 2/6/2020 at 11:32 AM, smarty2020 said:

In the upcoming episode airing on Sunday the 9th, which you can see early on TLC go, Kody makes the comment "what would you ladies do if I die" and Janelle answered that they'd use the insurance money to pay the house off.  Kody then says the insurance money wouldn't be enough.  So I'm guessing they have some life insurance on Kody but not a million dollars worth.

I was hoping they’d all say they’d find new men ASAP. 

• LOL 11
16 minutes ago, ErikaOnline said:

I wonder what Kody would do if all the wives left him. Probably have a nervous breakdown lol

He would be seen scuttling about the Plains of Plague, bearing a placard reading - Come and Be My (Girl)Friend.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

He would be seen scuttling about the Plains of Plague, bearing a placard reading - Come and Be My (Girl)Friend.  

yup and he'd probably have ass kisser female fans lining up offering to do everything for him... and yes I mean everything! 😍

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

yup and he'd probably have ass kisser female fans lining up offering to do everything for him... and yes I mean everything! 😍

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, ErikaOnline said:

I wonder what Kody would do if all the wives left him. Probably have a nervous breakdown lol

Honestly, I think he'd be relieved, since at this point they are no longer under his thumb. He'd probably get his own place for a while, and then start building the harem again. With young, insecure wives that he had better control over. Or talk Janelle into coming back and let her be the HBIC of the newbies.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1