Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/16/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, pachebo said:

Re: Tuesday's show. Whoopi's incoherent rambling is getting on my last nerve. Her mini-apology tour was bad enough, but the impeachment preaching reached a new high (low?). She continued with her pontificating in the Charlize Theron segment. That "wise old woman weave" has literally gone to her head,

She's a walking example of the ravages of decades of pot smoking. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

She didn't want to talk about it!!! !  Why were they talking about it???  It's not interesting to her!!!  She is not a little woman!!!

It was before she was born!

• LOL 14
  • Love 4

I didn't mind Abby giving the spoiler to Little Women since the book has been around for 150 years, but to call herself most like Beth (other than the spoiler) and then to get the name wrong, what was she thinking???   I did enjoy the quiet from Megan during that segment.  I would be shocked if she ever read Little Women.

Both Abby and Megan saying they wouldn't vote for impeachment doesn't surprise me (and voting "present" is voting against impeachment I think).  I know both of them say they don't like Trump, but other things they say IMO just shows they do support him more than what they want to admit.   They definitely support the Republican party before the Constitution. 

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 14
18 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I don't understand why Meghan asked if she could take over for Whoopi during the Dingell segment. I think it's fine that she did, but don't they have morning meetings anymore? Why is everything so sloppy?

It's because the story involved a vet and Meghan is the resident vet supporter of the show. No one loves and cares about vets more than her.

I think today's episode was taped, right? If not, then I expect it to be completely light hearted so no one will be talking about th debates last night.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

13 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

So Abby says she read  and loved Little Women, tells a major spoiler, (not for me because it's was a beloved childhood book that I have read many times) and then later twice gave the wrong name of the character who the spoiler was about. She even said the wrong name after corrected.   What an idiot. She looked like a fool to Greta Gerwig.  At least MM kept her mouth shut most of the interview.  I guess since the movie doesn't involve politics or her family, it was boring to her.  

Also glad MM wasn't there for the 1619 segment.  I was actually able to learn something without listening to her drone on.

Abby didn't give the spoiler actually, McCain did when she mocked Abby for the fact that Beth was her favorite. "Doesn't she die at the end? *sneer* *eyeroll*" Whoopi made a WTF face right after and I couldn't tell if it was in response to Beth being Abby’s favorite or McCain for being a jerk over Little Women of all things.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Lisa418722 said:

Both Abby and Megan saying they wouldn't vote for impeachment doesn't surprise me (and voting "present" is voting against impeachment I think).  I know both of them say they don't like Trump, but other things they say IMO just shows they do support him more than what they want to admit.   They definitely support the Republican party before the Constitution. 

Totally agree.  Abby keeps saying there just isn't enough evidence.  People are in prison on a lot less evidence than we have here.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
  • Honest to God, I’m waiting to hear about Whoopie jumping on cars at red lights to squeegee windshields for a dollar.  She turns everything into an opportunity to try to sell something.
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

Og, Meghan.  Bringing up this controversy at the end of the Christmas show?  Really?  You tweeted about it in the last week or so.  Wasn't that enough? 

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Axie said:
  • Honest to God, I’m waiting to hear about Whoopie jumping on cars at red lights to squeegee windshields for a dollar.  She turns everything into an opportunity to try to sell something.

No doubt the producers picked the product placement gifts but Whoopi insisted on including her book. 🙄

Darlene Love is a goddess. And I’m very proud of my old lady self that I recognized Jason Derulo.

Im sorry there was no Ana today but she’s probably already vacationing someplace fabulous. (Yeah, I know, taped on Wed.)

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I didn't mind Abby giving the spoiler to Little Women since the book has been around for 150 years, but to call herself most like Beth (other than the spoiler) and then to get the name wrong, what was she thinking???   I did enjoy the quiet from Megan during that segment.  I would be shocked if she ever read Little Women.

Maybe if someone told Meghan Little Women was "Iconic."   (as she seems to love that word and uses it to describe things that are NOT iconic.)

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Maybe if someone told Meghan Little Women was "Iconic."   (as she seems to love that word and uses it to describe things that are NOT iconic.)

Wasnt it MM that first spoiled the plot point,  Abby i think just repeated it later.  Ditto on the iconic.  Which yes, anything from this millennia

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 12/16/2019 at 9:05 AM, blondiec0332 said:

Oh yeah. He used to never give interviews let alone do an on air one.  He has mellowed as he  has gotten older. I think it started when he started doing comedy films (Meet the Parents etc.).  Maybe laughing helped him relax.

Way old comment, but about a year ago De Niro was on Colbert, C drew him out more than I'd ever seen. I think that was the beginning of the ice breaking. D was on C again about a week or two ago, and he actually was relaxed. Nice to see.

18 hours ago, falltime said:

I wonder if they will top last years outfits.

giphy.gif

Wow, MM has no rhythm at all, does she?

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Helen Hunt's plastic surgery is so unfortunate. I cannot believe she's only 56. She looks so much older due to the work she's had done 😞 I wish that MAY was available on services other than Spectrum. It seems so weird that it's limited to such a small section of the country. 

Loved the lasagna reveal and the choir. MM did look touched that she finally was getting her lasagna. It was especially amusing to see after she had snarled at Joy when asked what she wanted for xmas.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

It's because the story involved a vet and Meghan is the resident vet supporter of the show. No one loves and cares about vets more than her.

And don’t you all ever forget it! 😉

3 hours ago, Haleth said:

I’m 100% positive it’s pretaped.

The lasagna gift was pretty funny. Meh seemed genuinely amused. 

I can’t wait to watch this. Lol

3 hours ago, lusinia said:

See?  Joy's a nice person.

She’s a saint for being as nice as she is when a certain someone makes it difficult a lot of the time. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

The lasagna gift was pretty funny. Meh seemed genuinely amused. 

And I’m genuinely amused that spell check changed “Meg” to “Meh.” That wasn’t intentional. 😂

• LOL 21
  • Love 2

Joy is a saint for not adding arsenic to the ingredients,  given the horrible way Megaphone has treated her and the other hosts and the guests over this past year.  

1 minute ago, Tosia said:

Edited by Tosia
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Whoopi made a WTF face right after and I couldn't tell if it was in response to Beth being Abby’s favorite or McCain for being a jerk over Little Women of all things.

I took her reaction being shocked that MeAgain would reference Beth dying in relation to Abby.  

7 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I think today's episode was taped, right?

It was def taped.  My show had a "recorded earlier" chyron.

I thought the lasagne thing was especially funny because Luke Kirby had just asked Joy about her lasagne, was that just yesterday?  So they had already received their lasagnes before that live show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Whoopi was in a really good mood today.  And this would have been taped just a day after the second show where MeAgain pissed her off.  

Whoopi looks good in a toque! 

So Brian brought Darlene to The View after Letterman ended!  

academy awards singing GIF

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Aileen said:

Helen Hunt's plastic surgery is so unfortunate. I cannot believe she's only 56. She looks so much older due to the work she's had done 😞 I wish that MAY was available on services other than Spectrum. It seems so weird that it's limited to such a small section of the country. 

Loved the lasagna reveal and the choir. MM did look touched that she finally was getting her lasagna. It was especially amusing to see after she had snarled at Joy when asked what she wanted for xmas.

I’m wondering what she could have done because her eyes are still the same and lips still thin.  I remember years ago she kind  of went behind the scenes then some home show went to her house and I was shocked how thin she was.  There’s lots of swim suit pics out there and one at 51 was titled “banging body”  but her face lost so much volume ( which it does) that she did look old.  I think she just isn’t aging well.

• Love 6

Joy must really like that style of headband, it's the 3rd time this week she has worn one. I hope they shut it about the lasagna and Whoopi better put that lasagna in her down stairs refrigerator.

The headband Sunny is wearing is Mickey mouse ears.

Earlier in the week the ticket website had listed Thursday as the day they would do 2 taping.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I could’ve sworn Meghan bleated out “This is my first lasagna, some of you have had two!” Like Veruca Salt with the Everlasting Gobstopper. I hope she was slightly kidding but I’m sure the princess really is keeping score 😂

Happy holidays and happy new year to everyone! 

• Love 21
5 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I’m wondering what she could have done because her eyes are still the same and lips still thin.  I remember years ago she kind  of went behind the scenes then some home show went to her house and I was shocked how thin she was.  There’s lots of swim suit pics out there and one at 51 was titled “banging body”  but her face lost so much volume ( which it does) that she did look old.  I think she just isn’t aging well.

I started googling and it appears her new look debuted about a year ago. Her face is much tighter than it was even a couple of years ago. 

• Love 3

Good grief - Whoopi was happy (and obviously in on the lasagne and what would happen by her awkward introduction).

Doubt Abby cared or even eats. Sunny thrilled! Meghan - but they (forget all about Sunny MM) got more than me!!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

The last show was taped Thursday afternoon. I had standby tickets but they didn’t go through.  I was pissed because I put in for those tickets awhile ago after they had already cancelled my tickets for the show taping where Ronan Farrow was originally supposed to cohost. Guess the promo code they give you for cancelled shows are  bullshit. I only wanted to go to see Darlene Love sing. I saw her a few times singing on the Letterman show. But glad I didn’t go, too effing cold to stand out waiting ...I did it and caught a cold twice. Then of all talk shows, they give the crappiest gifts.  The gift coupon I got from Minted is basically worthless.  Joy is a better person than me, I wouldn’t given that bitch shit to eat.  Instead of saying just thank you, she has to point out she wants more?  Take your rhythm less greedy  ass home.  

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • LOL 6
  • Love 14
22 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

She’s a saint for being as nice as she is when a certain someone makes it difficult a lot of the time. 

22 hours ago, Tosia said:

Joy is a saint for not adding arsenic to the ingredients,  given the horrible way Megaphone has treated her and the other hosts and the guests over this past year.  

I really would not put it past Joy to have made McCain's lasagna, ahem, special just for her... A lot of us would think of it, but never really do it. Joy, on the other hand... lol

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I really would not put it past Joy to have made McCain's lasagna, ahem, special just for her... A lot of us would think of it, but never really do it. Joy, on the other hand... lol

I hope Joy gave the baking instructions.  LOL this square thing is called an o-v-e-nnnnnnnnn. You open it like this,  empty all the clothesa stored in there.  Put the lasagna in there and bake baby bake. Not that kind of bake haha.  Though you would have time to spark one up, if so inclined, and relax for a bit.

Joy could have a whole new career if she wanted.  Her lasagnas are awesome, thats well documented.  So theres great word of mouth.  Start off slow, maybe a few a week.  The slogan could be 'Joy's  Lasagna.  One bite  and youll feel the Joy.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Good grief - Whoopi was happy (and obviously in on the lasagne and what would happen by her awkward introduction).

Doubt Abby cared or even eats. Sunny thrilled! Meghan - but they (forget all about Sunny MM) got more than me!!!!

And did you hear what MM told Joy?  To the effect of 'everyone else has had two or three and Ive only got one'....i would have ripped hers back and regifted it to Sunny hehe

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
On 12/18/2019 at 12:15 AM, maggiemae said:

Yes lusinia -MM is very easily distracted, and needed to comment on everything going on. The others carry on and don't drag the audience and viewers into her distress. 

MM likes to think she is in control of the show.

That's exactly what she does - She drags viewers into her distress.  I think it's pretty clear that whining and complaining has been a an effective way of getting attention, probably her whole life.   I have no idea why she thinks it's a good look.  It just makes her look like childish.

She has zero impulse control and a burning desire to let the world know when she's not entirely happy or entirely comfortable.  As if anyone cares!

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
On 12/20/2019 at 5:07 PM, falltime said:

Is JLo's mom friends with Whoopi? She was there for todays episode wearing the tree sweater Meghun wore last year.

Either that, or shes in for the freebies.  I saw her in the audience one other time,,no Jenny.  I think it might have when they were doing Whoopis birthday giveaways,, and she gave away all hers or most anyway

• Love 1
On 12/20/2019 at 12:33 PM, carrps said:

Way old comment, but about a year ago De Niro was on Colbert, C drew him out more than I'd ever seen. I think that was the beginning of the ice breaking. D was on C again about a week or two ago, and he actually was relaxed. Nice to see.

Wow, MM has no rhythm at all, does she?

Timing, Abby, Timing hehe 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

They belong to Meghan, she has been wearing them instead, frankly they look gawd awful imho

Sunny always complained she hadn't had one, so no, I never heard that..

Oh yes it was said.  Another poster had said the same thing.  It was from From MM to Joy.  MM was just dogg'n Joy.  Thats the kind of relationship they have.  They will always have a dig ready for the other.  They must have had a long talk becz when MM first started going after Joy, Joy took it very personal and i think even a lil afraid of being fired.  I think it was over many bottles of wine for Joy, and many bottles of whiskey for MM. Now Joy knows how to relate to her better, and i think the tension is a little lessened.

On 12/20/2019 at 7:01 PM, whydoiwatchtv said:

I could’ve sworn Meghan bleated out “This is my first lasagna, some of you have had two!” Like Veruca Salt with the Everlasting Gobstopper. I hope she was slightly kidding but I’m sure the princess really is keeping score 😂

Happy holidays and happy new year to everyone! 

I love your nick WHYDOIWATCHTV hehe.  Here you go @Sarah Heart!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Tammee said:

Oh yes it was said.  Another poster had said the same thing.  It was from From MM to Joy.  MM was just dogg'n Joy.  Thats the kind of relationship they have.  They will always have a dig ready for the other.  They must have had a long talk becz when MM first started going after Joy, Joy took it very personal and i think even a lil afraid of being fired.  I think it was over many bottles of wine for Joy, and many bottles of whiskey for MM. Now Joy knows how to relate to her better, and i think the tension is a little lessened.

I doubt Joy was ever intimidated by Megan or afraid of getting fired because of her. Joy would be fine if she  were to get fired for whatever reason.  Joy has had to start over many times in her life.  Joy is living her best life. 

• Love 16
17 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I doubt Joy was ever intimidated by Megan or afraid of getting fired because of her. Joy would be fine if she  were to get fired for whatever reason.  Joy has had to start over many times in her life.  Joy is living her best life. 

Oh yes! I totally agree with all you said, what i meant as suck, SUCK, SUCK would be if Joy left, fired or otherwise, but it be a direct result of MM running roughshod and nothing being done about it, and people snap. See exhibit A: Whoopi. People are going to start dropping like flies. They are just going and going and going..Joy, or anyone of them really leaves and the vibe would just suck.  I bet an Exodus like exit. It just wont be the same, only bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch.  Who wants to watch that

• Love 5
On 12/20/2019 at 9:20 AM, TheGreenKnight said:

Abby didn't give the spoiler actually, McCain did when she mocked Abby for the fact that Beth was her favorite. "Doesn't she die at the end? *sneer* *eyeroll*" Whoopi made a WTF face right after and I couldn't tell if it was in response to Beth being Abby’s favorite or McCain for being a jerk over Little Women of all things.

Your right. I forgot that.

On 12/20/2019 at 4:26 PM, athousandclowns said:

Well, you can either save your face or your ass. I guess she picked her ass.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2