Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/16/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Meghan has a shit-eating grin on her face.  Do you suppose the talk at the top of the show was done at her behest? 

Calm down yourself, sister!

"...painful memories from my deceased father's campaign".  Cue the dramatics.

I checked, and according to the internet, John Weaver resigned from McCain's campaign, as he had said he would do, if the then campaign manager, Terry Nelson, was replaced (which he was).  Not fired.

I had never heard that Steve Schmidt was fired by or left the McCain campaign;  He became the campaign manager in July 2008.  If true, the internet doesn't know about it.  I'm going to say - not fired.

Meghan sounded like she said "fired by my father's campaign" three times.  The only other person they mentioned, who worked on political campaigns, is Rick Wilson, who did create a pro-McCain (actually anti-Obama) ad for a super PAC, but didn't work on the campaign, So also not fired.

Was she implying that not voting for her father because of Sarah Palin was unethical, or could her "unethical" accusation have been a reference to cooperating on the book Game Change?  I don't recall if Steve Schmidt has said if he voted or who he voted for; I know Nicolle Wallace couldn't bring herself to vote for McCain because of Palin.        

"There's an innate distrust between, I think most conservatives but particularly conservative women in Hollywood".  Poor Charlize, not feeling her best and having to make sense of both this and Abby's convoluted question.

Wasn't Meghan fired from one of her dad's campaigns because of her unruly behavior?

Anyway, I was glad to see the Charlize Theron interview. It was really  interesting to hear her discuss her acting process.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Only if Joy were pissed off 90% of the time ... and presented her points in an angry and superior manner.  Joy, a comedian,  presents sarcastically, with humor (that not all of you appreciate).  Meghan is an angry, unhappy, never satisfied, "never appreciated," princess who thinks she's perfect--so there's no reason to improve.  In my most humble opinion, of course.

I could not agree with you more.  I don't understand how her parents could have done such a bad job of raising her to be such a total brat. Her father was a lovely man but he did her no favors by babying her.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, bannana said:

I read Twitter before I came here and I wondered why on earth Daenerys would be trending.  I could never have imagined it would be because of MeAgain! 

Is there not anyone in her life that can tell her something isn't a good idea? Does she not have a publicist?  She just makes herself look worse when she tries to make herself look better.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

The format today is similar only you have Meghan practically holding her breath till it's her turn and then spewing out whatever already had planned to say. 

But she doesn't hold her breath until it is her turn.  She talks over the others, she has no ability or apparent desire to wait until there is an opening in the conversation. Just rude and nasty.

• Love 18
36 minutes ago, PennyPlain said:
54 minutes ago, 27bored said:

Again I’m referring to a panel, not a show led by Joy. And I’ve seen Meghan on other panels and whatnot and never have I found her to be nasty. But that’s just my opinion.

Whoopi, Joy, and Sunny...are blue state liberal Democrats. Period. I’m not saying they’re always in lock step with one another and literally have no differences, but they’re usually in lock step with one another as it pertains to the main issue they discuss as far as politics are concerned. Plus, Ana, Abby, and Meghan might be nominally Republican, but like I said, they all hate Trump, and with Ana, I mean, you’d be hard-pressed to find her saying Republican-y things in any medium she’s on. All three are tepid examples of conservative women in media, and the only reason stands out is she’s a bit more outspoken in sharing her conservative views. Hence she’s a big bitch. 

Yeah, I disagree. Meghan’s never going to endear herself to the View’s audience because of her political affiliation. I think Meghan gets more hate than any other co-host and having to sit on the show and constantly be the contrary one has probably made her more defensive than she is by nature. She’s a lot of things but I don’t think from a personality perspective she’s any worse than any of her co-hosts. I think Abby is the nicest, that’s it. 

I remember when Elisabeth was on the show and she was routinely derided as being a bitch too (Elisabitch???) and she was way less pugilistic than Meghan. I mean, it’s the reverse Halo Effect, really. Any conservative woman on this show who dares to be at all assertive in her opinions is going to be derided as a bitch, and many of those people are going to swear it has nothing to do with her political views, it really is just her personality and lack of manners. This is why I keep saying the show’s format is unfair to MM and Abby. They should understand that and at least try to mitigate a little instead of always setting them up to play the spoiler to the running commentary.

Like Meghan, Elizabeth also threw temper tantrums on air. If you want to see them, I'm sure they're on YouTube.

I'm going to be honest guys, I really only watch for the drama. The show would be a whole lot less interesting without Megan even though I agree with virtually nothing that she says. Do you think that Whoopi was trending number one worldwide yesterday on Twitter because of a sudden nostalgia for the Color Purple? Of course not. She called out Meghan, and people love drama. Meghan sure brings a boat load of it. If I wanted to watch 5 comatose women sitting around a table agreeing with each other, I flip over to CBS.

I want to know what Joy said to Meghan after Meghan bitched about being ganged up on.

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 5

This Show.  Sigh.

So after yesterday's smackdown, MeAgain went to twitter several times to announce that she is one conservative girl who will not be silenced.  Culminating with the ill-advised tweet with the meme of Daenerys.  Clearly all of this was directed at Whoopi, who after all, is the one who told MeAgain:

GIF by Saturday Night Live  

What then compelled Whoopi to do clean-up and pretty much admit/quasi-apologize for having been rude to MeAgain.  Cause I think that is what that rambling poopy explanation was intended to do.  Why would Whoopi agree to that after MeAgain was going after Whoopi on twitter, rather passive-aggressively? Joy didn't like it either, she was decidedly unhappy during the entire exchange between Whoopi and MeAgain, including MeAgain's bizarre scolding of the audience, telling them to calm down.  Wait, what?  She's the one who wasn't calm, but we the viewers need to calm down????🙄

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

What then compelled Whoopi to do clean-up and pretty much admit/quasi-apologize for having been rude to MeAgain.  Cause I think that is what that rambling poopy explanation was intended to do. 

Because McCain is untouchable.  Smack down one day, apologize the next.  Same shit, different pile. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, pinguina said:

I do not understand MM's animosity towards the Republicans who wrote the opportunity ed piece and the ones who worked on the movie. I realize that they did participate in the movie about John McCain's campaign but I thought he came across in a positive way.

I read that the McCain family felt that Schmidt and Wallace were disloyal for giving interviews for the book, and also thought the book, as well as the movie, was full of inaccuracies.  

Meghan's animosity toward the op-ed authors seems to be based on hard feelings between her father and at least two of them.  George Conway, Kellyanne's husband, Meghan feels isn't a true conservative because he has the nerve to criticize his wife's boss.  He, along with Schmidt and Wilson, have been Never Trumpers from the start (not sure about Weaver). 

So basically it boils down to: "They had the nerve to imply that my father had faults, and they're not real Republicans anyway, so their opinions are worthless".

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I read that the McCain family felt that Schmidt and Wallace were disloyal for giving interviews for the book, and also thought the book, as well as the movie, was full of inaccuracies.  

Meghan's animosity toward the op-ed authors seems to be based on hard feelings between her father and at least two of them.  George Conway, Kellyanne's husband, Meghan feels isn't a true conservative because he has the nerve to criticize his wife's boss.  He, along with Schmidt and Wilson, have been Never Trumpers from the start (not sure about Weaver). 

So basically it boils down to: "They had the nerve to imply that my father had faults, and they're not real Republicans anyway, so their opinions are worthless".

Remember a few weeks ago when she said conservatives who go on cable television and say they'd vote for a dem candidate over Trump aren't real republicans or something to that effect? Well yeah, I imagine that's why she responded the way she did today during that segment. She doesn't think they're real republicans. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Remember a few weeks ago when she said conservatives who go on cable television and say they'd vote for a dem candidate over Trump aren't real republicans or something to that effect?

it must be so nice to be Meghan and get to decide who qualifies as a real Republican.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Yes, all this and more. A boatload of drama, without it, it would be such a blah little show..

Drama I can live with, it's the pouting and the flouncing and the general brattiness that is getting harder and harder to take.  But I guess if ABC figures McCain's behavior is not only acceptable but is bringing in the viewers nothing is going to change.

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

I want to know what Joy said to Meghan after Meghan bitched about being ganged up on.

Yes, me too!

So after the big clean-up, it took no time at all for Me-Again to turn right back into the brat she is.  And, why not?  From her perspective, the great Whoopi Goldberg had to do a mea culpa (such as it was).

1. MeAgain (and Abby) start immediately interrupting Sunny about the conservative op-ed she is quoting and Me-Again loses her shit over the individuals who wrote it, because of who they are and what role they played in her father's campaign.  Whoopi tries to get her and Abby to let Sunny finish, but it is a trial.
  2. Joy says she loves Steve Schmidt, he's brilliant and eloquent, and Me-Again snarls:  of course, you would! 
  3. MeAgain responds to Joy's comment, saying:  Today of all days, I didn't think I would have to relitigate painful memories from my deceased father's campaign.  Isn't MeAgain the one who brought up the matter?  She starts to look weepy at this point.
  4. MeAgain haughtily tells Joy and Sunny to quit interrupting each other, because the show is supposed to be chill today.
  5. When Abby laughingly looks to Whoopi and says she feels ganged up on (Abby, you should be glad anyone notices you are even on this panel), MeAgain says, welcome to my world, Abby, head toss to the audience, sip sip. sip   Joy says something out of frustration but it gets bleeped.  Whoopi is not happy with MeAgain.  MeAgain chides Joy and Sunny for being unkind.

So, Whoopi, great job on that clean-up and apology.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
9 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Remember a few weeks ago when she said conservatives who go on cable television and say they'd vote for a dem candidate over Trump aren't real republicans or something to that effect?

For as patriotic as she claims to be, with flags and portraits of the founding fathers all over her home, that only applies, I guess, if it's this country vs somewhere else. 

But if it's country vs party, well, that's different.  Then, it's Republicans all the way.

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, bannana said:

I thought that beaded necklace must have come from an indigenous artist in Canada, especially with the Highway of Tears reference.  It's a good article and they even manage to sort of insult MeAgain. 😁

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/whoop-goldberg-beaded-necklace-1.5398978

Yes, as soon as Whoopi  mentioned "Highway of Tears", I thought that as well.  I wish that she would have said more about it.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Too true.  Her definition of a true R is apparently people who agree with her on pretty much everything as well as those who fully supported her dad.  She pretty much said the latter today.  And the chutzpa of asking “why are you interrupting each other?”...was that just rubbing it in re the ‘apology’?  

• Love 18

Almost forgot what I wanted to say....Abby mentions shouldn’t they all vote their conscience and for Rs that’s pretty much against impeachment.  Yet several times insiders have noted that they are aware of many R senators who would vote for impeachment if the vote was anonymous....so where’s their conscience?

• Love 16
1 hour ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Remember a few weeks ago when she said conservatives who go on cable television and say they'd vote for a dem candidate over Trump aren't real republicans or something to that effect? Well yeah, I imagine that's why she responded the way she did today during that segment. She doesn't think they're real republicans. 

And I bet they probably think she doesn’t “really” want someone other than Trump to win if she chooses to vote for someone who has no shot at winning.

• Love 7

Meghan - "Calm down", "We're trying to have a good day today", "Today of all days", "Why are you guys interrupting each other", "Let's be chill today", "It's unkind". 

As interesting as yesterday's morning meeting before the show must have been, today's must have been a doozy.  Meghan was still obviously loaded for bear when she wrote the Khaleesi tweet.  I would love to know what was said before the show.

She looked so self-satisfied during Whoopie's little "explanation" (they must think the audience is made up of fools).  What was she told, promised?  Why did she say all of those things above, sounding like Glinda the Good Witch, pretending she's all sweetness and light, who just doesn't understand what all the fuss is about?

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, 27bored said:

Yeah, I disagree. Meghan’s never going to endear herself to the View’s audience because of her political affiliation

Personally, my opinion of Meghan has absolutely nothing to do with her political affiliation.

• Love 24
3 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

Meghan sure hates Steve Schmitt and Nicole Wallace. They both report having voted their conscience. 

On Nicole's show they spoke about her dad with so much love and deference. I don't understand her hatred of them. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, bannana said:

When Abby laughingly looks to Whoopi and says she feels ganged up on (Abby, you should be glad anyone notices you are even on this panel), MeAgain says, welcome to my world, Abby, head toss to the audience, sip sip. sip   Joy says something out of frustration but it gets bleeped.  Whoopi is not happy with MeAgain.  MeAgain chides Joy and Sunny for being unkind.

🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Could someone translate what exactly Abby was asking Charlize when she said this movie is tough for us ,it’s not a movie for us because we were  there inside those walls and there is a lot of women still there who didn’t get pay outs. There are women who are taking bullets and carry the stigma that are still there. 
what was her point?  What stigma? Bullets coming from where? 
Charlize wasn’t understanding the question either. Did they get payouts? Oh I forgot it didn’t happen because they weren’t victims.  Abby always sounds like she’s lecturing. 
The self proclaimed political analyst needs a long rest in Arizona. 

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Could someone translate what exactly Abby was asking Charlize when she said this movie is tough for us

Haven't watched the show yet, but still I'll attempt a translation.

This movie is tough for us (we) women who have nothing but praise for Roger Ailes professionally.  He mentored me and made me the great reporter I am today.  There are many women who feel we need to support Roger's memory while, of course, giving the benefit to those women who claim otherwise.  (Loose translation).

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

On Nicole's show they spoke about her dad with so much love and deference. I don't understand her hatred of them. 

Because Nicole said she didn't vote for him.  Them's fightin' words, people! 

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, lusinia said:

Meghan - "Calm down", "We're trying to have a good day today", "Today of all days", "Why are you guys interrupting each other", "Let's be chill today", "It's unkind". 

As interesting as yesterday's morning meeting before the show must have been, today's must have been a doozy.  Meghan was still obviously loaded for bear when she wrote the Khaleesi tweet.  I would love to know what was said before the show.

She looked so self-satisfied during Whoopie's little "explanation" (they must think the audience is made up of fools).  What was she told, promised?  Why did she say all of those things above, sounding like Glinda the Good Witch, pretending she's all sweetness and light, who just doesn't understand what all the fuss is about?

Meghan has the emotional maturity of a kindergartner.

• LOL 3
  • Love 17

My takeaway today (other than the ridiculous explanation and lecture and being told to calm down over and over about yesterday) was the interview with Charlize.

IMO she very nicely explained the importance of Bombshell and the point of the movie to FOX ex's Abby and Meghan. Imagine Abby is still niaeve about not the happy ending with women in power  at FOX now as excutives that love Pirro and Ingraham etc. And that was not the point of the movie - at all.

• Love 10

I didn't like that Joy referred to Charlize's oldest child as "he." Charlize corrected her by saying "she." I think the exchange was Joy sliding in a comment about the perceived gender of Charlize's eldest. If you follow Charlize at all, then you'd know that her eldest appears to be transgender. Charlize doesn't speak on it.  Outsiders shouldn't make assumptions about a minor's gender, but it happens anyway.

Joy is astute at sneaking in commentary and making it look nonchalant like she simply misspoke or was asking an innocent questions. I definitely think she was poking mama bear to see if she could get a reaction out of her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I doubt that Joy follows Charlize, and if she doesn't speak about it, there's no way Joy would know, much less be trying to provoke her.

Apparently Charlize came out as early as April to say she has a trans daughter and would appreciate if people referred to her by the right pronouns. There are several trending news stories within the last 24 hours about it. 

That further fuels my belief that Joy was purposefully poking at Charlize at the beginning of the interview. There's no way these women don't google their guests or discuss what they are in the news for during their morning meeting/show briefing.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Could someone translate what exactly Abby was asking Charlize when she said this movie is tough for us ,it’s not a movie for us because we were  there inside those walls and there is a lot of women still there who didn’t get pay outs. There are women who are taking bullets and carry the stigma that are still there. 
what was her point?  What stigma? Bullets coming from where? 
Charlize wasn’t understanding the question either. Did they get payouts? Oh I forgot it didn’t happen because they weren’t victims.  Abby always sounds like she’s lecturing. 
The self proclaimed political analyst needs a long rest in Arizona. 

No, Charlize didn't understand it at all.  And she was lovely about it - very kind and polite.  

Abby has terrible communication skills

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, leftlane said:

There's no way these women don't google their guests or discuss what they are in the news for during their morning meeting/show briefing.

Maybe they do but Joy is in her 70s it wouldn't surprise me if she didn't bother with that kind of thing.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, maggiemae said:

My takeaway today (other than the ridiculous explanation and lecture and being told to calm down over and over about yesterday) was the interview with Charlize.

IMO she very nicely explained the importance of Bombshell and the point of the movie to FOX ex's Abby and Meghan. Imagine Abby is still niaeve about not the happy ending with women in power  at FOX now as excutives that love Pirro and Ingraham etc. And that was not the point of the movie - at all.

Yes, Theron was very kind despite their coldness. She seemed pretty uncomfortable being there to me, probably knowing how McCain and Huntsman would act before she'd even walked onto the set. I think that's also the reason she hesitated taking the role at all (she looked like she was being careful choosing her words when Joy brought up the fact she didn't want to do it initially). She doesn't want to get caught in the political crosshairs.

• Love 10