Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/16/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, TheView said:

I hope Meghan uses the hiatus to reflect 

Yeah right! She has been told that she is right and anybody who objects to her abhorrent behavior is biased against her because she is a conservative. Joy looked really pissed when Whoopie gave her Kumbaya speech. These are the times that I miss Barbara Walters, she would never allow Missy to be so rude and disruptive when she does not get her way.  

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Yeah right! She has been told that she is right and anybody who objects to her abhorrent behavior is biased against her because she is a conservative. Joy looked really pissed when Whoopie gave her Kumbaya speech. These are the times that I miss Barbara Walters, she would never allow Missy to be so rude and disruptive when she does not get her way.  

Babs would fire Meghan right then and there 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, DebbieM4 said:

Meghan interrupts to derail the conversation.

One day last week she just blurted out, I think when someone else was talking, something like "That drilling is so loud".  I guess there was some drilling going on in the studio?  The other hosts somehow managed to carry on as if nothing was amiss, but Meghan was distracted, and felt like that was something everyone else needed to know.

• Love 20

Yes lusinia -MM is very easily distracted, and needed to comment on everything going on. The others carry on and don't drag the audience and viewers into her distress. 

MM likes to think she is in control of the show.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, lusinia said:

One day last week she just blurted out, I think when someone else was talking, something like "That drilling is so loud".  I guess there was some drilling going on in the studio?  The other hosts somehow managed to carry on as if nothing was amiss, but Meghan was distracted, and felt like that was something everyone else needed to know.

Yes, that's a good example of what she does.  She has zero impulse control.  If she thinks something, she says it - no matter when, appropriate or not.  She truly seems to believe that anything she has to say, no matter how minor, is more important than what anyone else has to say.

(If the drilling was bothering or distracting her, all she had to do was wait for a commercial break and then address it with the stage manager or producer.  Anyone with the tiniest bit of professionalism would know to do that rather than blurt it out and interrupt someone else who was speaking.)

• Love 15
2 hours ago, PennyPlain said:

Maybe they do but Joy is in her 70s it wouldn't surprise me if she didn't bother with that kind of thing.

I don't think any of them do much research except for Sunny, who is clearly the most prepared person on the panel. Meghan does write stuff on her blue cards, so I assume some research goes into that, but I don't think she's watching the guests' movies and reading their books like Sunny does.

1 hour ago, TheView said:

I hope Meghan uses the hiatus to reflect 

She's probably going to use it to shoot guns and drink Jello shots, or whatever else she's heard that "real Americans" do. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I don't think any of them do much research except for Sunny, who is clearly the most prepared person on the panel. Meghan does write stuff on her blue cards, so I assume some research goes into that, but I don't think she's watching the guests' movies and reading their books like Sunny does.

She's probably going to use it to shoot guns and drink Jello shots, or whatever else she's heard that "real Americans" do. 

And Meghan talks about Middle America when Arizona isn't even in that area. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
On 12/16/2019 at 10:57 AM, blondiec0332 said:

Her day is coming.  She has peaked with the View. Where is she going to go after this? There is no other network that would hire her to be a "political analyst".  She has shown herself to be a nasty vile shrew.  Whether she leaves before or when the View is gone I doubt she will ever have a regular on air gig again.

I think they are trying to keep her through the election cycle. After that, I expect some panel changes and I wouldn't be surprised if she's caught in it. 

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, Marigny said:

I think they are trying to keep her through the election cycle. After that, I expect some panel changes and I wouldn't be surprised if she's caught in it. 

Not to get off topic but she said on the show before that if Trump wins again, she wants to be at the table to say “I told ya so” to Joy in particular. It’s stupid and petty, yet right on brand for Meghan. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, leftlane said:

There's no way these women don't google their guests or discuss what they are in the news for during their morning meeting/show briefing.

Oh my, if only!  We the viewers do more research than they do.

I caught Joy's mention of "he", and Charlize effortlessly corrected it to "she".  I am pretty sure Joy thought, oh, I thought she had a son and a daughter!  No way would Joy intentionally say "he" if she was up to speed.  Bad producers!

• Love 20
6 hours ago, leftlane said:

I didn't like that Joy referred to Charlize's oldest child as "he." Charlize corrected her by saying "she." I think the exchange was Joy sliding in a comment about the perceived gender of Charlize's eldest. If you follow Charlize at all, then you'd know that her eldest appears to be transgender. Charlize doesn't speak on it.  Outsiders shouldn't make assumptions about a minor's gender, but it happens anyway.

Joy is astute at sneaking in commentary and making it look nonchalant like she simply misspoke or was asking an innocent questions. I definitely think she was poking mama bear to see if she could get a reaction out of her.

Exactly! As I mentioned in another thread, Joy always finds a way of getting her two cents in no matter what the subject is. She's got a big mouth, and isn't as 'innocent' as she appears to be. Remember, she had her own show on CNN for a brief moment, so she knows exactly how to find/learn information about her guests. She's nobody's fool...and will hound a guest until they answer all questions to her satisfaction. I've seen her do it many times...sometimes at the discomfort of her guests.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, leftlane said:

There's no way these women don't google their guests or discuss what they are in the news for during their morning meeting/show briefing.

Have you ever watched the show?  They are never prepared.  Unless a talking point is written on the blue card they are generally clueless.  I doubt Joy spends much time reading celebrity gossip on the internet.  

8 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

They refused to bend the knee to Megerys, of the House McCain, Princess of Arizona, Breaker of Jack Daniels Bottles, and Mother of Cacti.

Perfect.  You win the internet today, Gato.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 13
52 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I had no idea about Charlize Theron's child so I doubt Joy did. I thought she  had a son and a daughter.

You know more than I did.  Didn't even know she had kids.  If they were pertinent to the conversation I guess I'd have checked but do we have to know the marital and # of children status of every male guest that comes on a show promoting their latest project?  If not why would we need to know that about a female guest?  Answer: we don't.

• Love 19

Whew. I was afraid the show would be preempted again today.

Dear Meg, just because your friends don’t understand the purpose of impeachment it doesn’t mean that the rest of us are ill informed. And it doesn’t mean it will be bad for Dems. It’s a loooong time til the election. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

I would love to know what Joy said to NutMeg that had to be bleeped after she said "welcome to my world, Abby" or whatever it was she said.  

Ooh I didn’t catch that! I did roll my eyes when Meghan said welcome to my world (of feeling ganged up on).

I’ve always adored Charlize Theron. I find her to be extremely beautiful, extremely talented, and also a kind person. She is delightful. If someone innocently used the wrong pronoun for a loved one of Meghan’s, she would probably chew your head off right then and there. 

I follow Charlize loosely and get into the celeb gossip if I’m not on this forum, and I think I read about her child literally before watching The View. I’m sure Joy had no idea. I don’t see her closely following Charlize’s life or the gossip forums. 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Ooh I didn’t catch that! I did roll my eyes when Meghan said welcome to my world (of feeling ganged up on).

I’ve always adored Charlize Theron. I find her to be extremely beautiful, extremely talented, and also a kind person. She is delightful. If someone innocently used the wrong pronoun for a loved one of Meghan’s, she would probably chew your head off right then and there. 

I follow Charlize loosely and get into the celeb gossip if I’m not on this forum, and I think I read about her child literally before watching The View. I’m sure Joy had no idea. I don’t see her closely following Charlize’s life or the gossip forums. 

All I know about Charlize's kids is that they are Black.  I had no idea that her son is Trans.  Joy is not a cruel woman who would mock an innocent child. 

Rumor has it that one of Angelina Jolie's daughter's is trans, she dresses as a boy and refers to herself as a boy.  I have no doubt that Angelina and Brad are being very supportive and loving with their child, knowing the cruelty he will face as  an adult. The same goes for Charlize.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Whoopie's affinity for the Yang gang is so transparent. Other than Biden and Andrew Yang, she has no use for the other candidates vying for the nomination. 

The only reason Whoopie likes Yang is because she thinks she'll get something free.  If he got into office and raised taxes, which he'd have to in order to give money away, she'll be the first to complain.

• LOL 5
  • Love 15

Why did Meghan read a quote of Nancy Pelosi's from last March?  What purpose did that serve?  The Ukraine situation, where Trump was trying to solicit their assistance in the upcoming election, hadn't even happened yet.

Abby's wrong - The Republicans in the Senate don't have any witnesses they want to call. 

Meghan authoritatively says that Yang is the only one who won't be miserable on the debate stage.  Now she's somehow a telepathic therapist. 

Whoopie - ABC was one of the first places that made Trump legitimate?  What "whole interview with him"(which "other people followed through")?  When was this?

Meghan always wants to know if celebrities on the show have a preference about being asked personal questions, and then says some interviewers are "just absolutely nasty" about asking her personal questions when she's asked them not to.  So she's not a political analyst; she's a celebrity?  Hasn't she said in the past that she doesn't care about a celebrity's political opinion?  

Then Meghan says there's a "breakdown between the media and basically all public figures at this point".  Does she consider herself a celebrity/public figure when she's asking questions on The View or a member of the media?   What was she last week when she was spitting vitriol at Tom Steyer?  Does she consider that a breakdown?  

I got that "Apple call" last week too!  But I did not press "1" to talk to anyone.  I hung up, looked online to see if it was a scam, and called Apple to report it (like their website said to do).

That segment with Rachel Brosnahan and Luke Kirby had such a fun vibe.  I'm so glad Meghan wasn't there to spoil it. 

(Luke Kirby was in one of the most amazing tv series, Rectify, which ran for 4 seasons (for a total of just 30 episodes) on the Sundance Channel.  If you come across it and are looking for something to watch, I highly recommend it.  Luke Kirby plays the lawyer of a man released from death row after 19 years when DNA evidence casts doubt on his guilt.  It's part mystery, part family drama. part meditation about life, and the entire cast is first-rate.)  

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Whoopie's affinity for the Yang gang is so transparent. Other than Biden and Andrew Yang, she has no use for the other candidates vying for the nomination. 

Her face just lights up. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, OnTime said:

What did Meghan say about wishing she wasn't involved in politics in a daily basis or something like that?

Meghan was saying she envied her friends she was talking to (the ones who thought impeachment equaled removal from office) who aren't into politics much, and I think she might have said she wished it was true for her, because I remember thinking, "Go.  Follow your bliss." 

• LOL 19
  • Love 5

I missed the first 15 minutes today. I tuned in right when Sunny was saying what everyone is thinking about the table’s fanning out over Yang. I’m surprised she had the guts to say that because she had to know it would piss Whoopi off. I almost thought it was a re-run. I was wondering why they'd be wasting time talking about Yang? The interview was really wonderful--thanks in large part to McCain's absence. Could you imagine how the interview would've gone with those questions about Joy's lasagna or the issue of motherhood on the show with her there? She would've been shrieking about how she wants the lasagna and that she has no children.

When Abby was talking about how she got taken advantage by someone on the phone pretending to be Apple, all I could think was how people on this forum are always calling her an airhead. I couldn’t help but laugh, even though I hope nothing bad really happened to her. I was just like—of course she’d fall for something like that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
6 minutes ago, lusinia said:

"Go.  Follow your bliss." 

She would have to find it first.  Apart from Jack Daniels, Erika Jayne, shooting squirrels and the Constitution, what more is there? 

3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Go to Europe and look at art.

Oh, I like this idea.  Anything to get her off this continent or at least off my t.v.

• LOL 11
  • Love 9
56 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Meghan was saying she envied her friends she was talking to (the ones who thought impeachment equaled removal from office) who aren't into politics much, and I think she might have said she wished it was true for her, because I remember thinking, "Go.  Follow your bliss." 

Thanks.

Good grief, since Meghan breathes politics and is a "political analyst" (in her imaginary world) there is nothing more than she wants.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

She has said before she doesn't like having to sit in that seat and discuss politics every day.  Then why do it Meghan? Nobody is forcing you to be a pundit, analyst or whatever you are calling yourself. You have a degree in art history. Go to Europe and look at art. Your mom owns a beer distributor. Go sell beer.  

MTE. Her family has so much money, she really doesn’t have to work at all.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I missed the first 15 minutes today. I tuned in right when Sunny was saying what everyone is thinking about the table’s fanning out over Yang. I’m surprised she had the guts to say that because she had to know it would piss Whoopi off. I almost thought it was a re-run. I was wondering why they'd be wasting time talking about Yang? The interview was really wonderful--thanks in large part to McCain's absence. Could you imagine how the interview would've gone with those questions about Joy's lasagna or the issue of motherhood on the show with her there? She would've been shrieking about how she wants the lasagna and that she has no children.

When Abby was talking about how she got taken advantage by someone on the phone pretending to be Apple, all I could think was how people on this forum are always calling her an airhead. I couldn’t help but laugh, even though I hope nothing bad really happened to her. I was just like—of course she’d fall for something like that.

I hope I can catch the whole show someplace. I watch scambaiters who string scammers along and pretty much know the scripts by heart since they all have the same one.  A security computer one involves logging into your bank account and having “ scammer” refund money which is always too much so they  need money returned to them I can’t imagine she would fall for that. I believe that as much as I believe she takes her garbage to the street. 

i saw something about Adam Driver walking out of an interview because they showed a clip of his movie, was that on this show? 

Not looking forward to tomorrow’s  impeachment discussion.  

I have watched in short clips and out of order  on YouTube and guess Abby must have been scammed. 

Edited by athousandclowns
In addition
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, lusinia said:

For some reason, I keep imagining this being said the same way as in that episode of Will & Grace when Jack has the dream of Cher.

2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

i saw something about Adam Driver walking out of an interview because they showed a clip of his movie, was that on this show? 

Yeah. Whoopi defended him as a fellow actor.

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

It should annoy me, but it's a nice balance to most of the rest of the cast loving Joe Biden.

• Love 3

Whoopie is in favour of Yang giving all of her relatives and other hangers on $1000 so she doesn't have to.

blAbby was flapping her lips about something or other when MM interrupted and barked out her views instead.  blAbby didn't object or say let me finish.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Whoopie is in favour of Yang giving all of her relatives and other hangers on $1000 so she doesn't have to.

blAbby was flapping her lips about something or other when MM interrupted and barked out her views instead.  blAbby didn't object or say let me finish.

Abby has lips like a pufferfish 

• LOL 3