Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/16/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

Monday, Dec. 16 – Robert De Niro (“The Irishman”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Dec. 17 – Charlize Theron (“Bombshell”) 

Wednesday, Dec. 18 – Rachel Brosnahan and Luke Kirby (“The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”); hot holiday toys with Elizabeth Werner

Thursday, Dec. 19 – Greta Gerwig (“Little Women”); Boris Kodjoe and Nikole Hannah-Jones (Full Circle Festival)

Friday, Dec. 20 – “The View”‘s holiday show; Co-Hosts’ Favorite Things; Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt (“Mad About You”); Darlene Love returns for her 5th  annual performance of “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)” with a surprise guest 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, falltime said:

I'm sure Meghun won't miss her chance to 'call out' Robert De Niro for cussing.

Friday's show will be taped on thursday. They'll come back Jan. 6.

Greta Gerwig is an old college friend of Missy 

Nice line up next week!  DeNiro and Whoopie are friends so that should be a pleasant interview.  At first I thought Wed said "hot toys with Elizabeth Warren."  Heh.  Boris Kodjoe, maybe the most beautiful man on the planet.  And it wouldn't be Christmas without Darlene Love.  Love.

I mentioned in Small Talk that my son and his gf went to the LA premiere of Bombshell.  He said it was really good, they both enjoyed it.  They said Lithgow was terrific and loathsome as Ailes.  All the stars were there.  I asked him if the ladies were as beautiful in person as on the screen and he said they are stunning.

• Love 13

LOL which one of you last week predicted that Missy would mention Rashida Tlaib's "impeach the MF" when they talked about impeachment today!?!?! Omg that was the first thing out of her mouth 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • LOL 6
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I missed the first segment. I just came and Whoopi is missed at Meghan so they went to break. What happened?

Because Meghan just informed everyone that she is an "ABC political analyst"  HAhahahahhah   and "View co-host" and so it is her job to blah, blah, blah, ..... and Whoopi lost her shit but then of course backed down and walked away from it and once again Meghan wins yet again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, jalady said:

I do not say this often (or ever, really) but "GO WHOOPI!!!!!"  She shut that brat right up and when she huffed "I won't speak for the rest of the show" , Whoops said "Fine with me".  Hahahahahaha.  I'm so glad I'm watching at home today so I could rewind and re-watch that beautiful SMACKDOWN.

Yep, Whoopi is having NO part of Megan's temper tantrum!  Lets see what Meghan does for the rest of the show

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 12/14/2019 at 5:05 AM, Haleth said:

I asked him if the ladies were as beautiful in person as on the screen and he said they are stunning.

I went to the Emmys 20+years ago and was STUNNED at how STUNNING many of the women were.  TV doesn't do them justice.  

• Love 5

I'm expecting them to all start sucking up to her and placating her because that is sadly what usually happens after these incidents.  Re-watched it and see that Whoopi actually did get her really good..... but will probably try and turn it around now and make nice with the bitch.

• Love 6
Just now, GladysCravits said:

What adult acts like that!  It’s so unbelievably immature and rude.  I’ve never seen anyone on a panel show act like this.  She’s horrible.

And...she gets paid HIGHLY and (obviously) encouraged in that trashy behavior.

• Love 5

Meghan looked especially p.o.ed during the walk out. 

There she goes!  Quoting Tlaib, though (this makes it three times, I think).  She couldn't wait   until  Robert De Niro came out to curse.

Something must have happened earlier - Joy looked annoyed when Meghan went on about "both sides" again.

And Whoopie just pushed back specifically against what Meghan said..

Meghan " implores people to stop being partisan on both sides".  Yeah, right.

Why didn't someone remind Abby that "high crimes and misdemeanors" don't have to be illegal in a criminal court.

Things are definitely testy, among everybody.  That must have been some morning meeting.

So does Meghan think her job is to be an ABC News analyst on The View?  (How often does ABC News use her services as an analyst, btw.  I think at this point it just means she gets some extra money in her paycheck.)

Whew!  Smackdown!  Segment cut short!  And then Meghan sits the next segment out, and looks at her phone as they go to break.  Do you suppose she texted someone?  Her hubby?  Her agent?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Thank you, Whoopi, for putting that asshole in her place. We’d all be fine if she’d shut up at this point. If she can’t talk to people (the guests, the audience, the co-hosts) without being ultra-rude and disrespectful, then she shouldn’t speak at all.

But she's John McCain's daughhhhhhhhTER!

She's a princess.  She's a mav-rik!   This is why she was hired and we weren't.

🌵🌵🌵🌵

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, lusinia said:

There she goes!  Quoting Tlaib, though (this makes it three times, I think).  She couldn't wait   until  Robert De Niro came out to curse.

Something must have happened earlier - Joy looked annoyed when Meghan went on about "both sides" again.

And Whoopie just pushed back specifically against what Meghan said..

Meghan " implores people to stop being partisan on both sides".  Yeah, right.

Why didn't someone remind Abby that "high crimes and misdemeanors" don't have to be illegal in a criminal court.

Things are definitely testy, among everybody.  That must have been some morning meeting.

So does Meghan think her job is to be an ABC News analyst on The View?  (How often does ABC News use her services as an analyst, btw.  I think at this point it just means she gets some extra money in her paycheck.)

Whew!  Smackdown!  Segment cut short!  And then Meghan sits the next segment out, and looks at her phone as they go to break.  Do you suppose she texted someone?  Her hubby?  Her agent?

Is it possible TPTB have approved Whoopi's shutting MM down under such circumstances? MM was implying she has special right over the other panelists.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Thank you, Whoopi, for putting that asshole in her place. We’d all be fine if she’d shut up at this point. If she can’t talk to people (the guests, the audience, the co-hosts) without being ultra-rude and disrespectful, then she shouldn’t speak at all.

She was also being disrespectful to the audience and Whoopie was not having it..

Go Whoopie! this when she is needed on the show regarding Megan. I don't think Joy could have done what she did today..

5 minutes ago, lusinia said:

She actually grimaced at the audience.  She was in a foul mood and something must have happened during their morning meeting because Joy and Sunny were really pushing back hard on the brat.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
14 minutes ago, GladysCravits said:

What adult acts like that!  It’s so unbelievably immature and rude.  I’ve never seen anyone on a panel show act like this.  She’s horrible.  

And yet she'll be there again tomorrow.  And the next day.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  In an age where public people can get taken down (cancelled, as the kids say) at the drop of  hat, this bitch is completely untouchable. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

She actually grimaced at the audience.  She was in a foul mood and something must have happened during their morning meeting because Joy and Sunny were really pushing back hard on the brat.  

I agree. You can always tell when she's in a bad mood and it was all over her face during the walk-out this morning. 

• Love 15

I think Meghan was planning on saying something to Robert De Niro, but can't do it anymore due to what Whoopi said earlier and the fact that Robert Dr Niro mentioned Meghan's iconic father in a good way. Now I'm left wondering what she was going to say or do.

• Love 12
Just now, MMEButterfly said:

Is it possible TPTB have approved Whoopi's shutting MM down under such circumstances? MM was implying she has special right over the other panelists.

Meghan McCain ain't above Whoopi. Nobody is above Whoopi, as Whoopi has reminded people over the years, lol. That's why McCain usually kisses Whoopi's ass while sneering at everyone else.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

MM was implying she has special right over the other panelists.

It was widely believed on this board that when Elisabeth was there co hosts weren't allowed to push back too hard on her. She was Bill Geddie's pet.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Meghan when hired demanded certain things. She has said more than once she always gets to speak last.  I can see her wanting ABC to offer "protection" from the other co hosts.

And Meghan honey just because you offer your political opinion that doesn't mean you are a political analyst.

• Love 24
Just now, MeThinkMeNot said:

I think Meghan was planning on saying something to Robert De Niro, but can't do it anymore due to what Whoopi said earlier and the fact that Robert Dr Niro mentioned Meghan's iconic father in a good way. Now I'm left wondering what she was going to say or do.

I wouldn't doubt if this is why Whoopi did this today. She's close friends with De Niro, isn't she?

• Love 6
Just now, Cementhead said:

And yet she'll be there again tomorrow.  And the next day.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  In an age where public people can get taken down (cancelled, as the kids say) at the drop of  hat, this bitch is completely untouchable. 

For now! nothing in life stays the same. Megan will do herself in like she did today.  She has no self-control and she will mess with the wrong person.  She would not let anybody speak and basically said that she was special and everybody had to bow down to her.  

• Love 14

Unfortunately her self-imposed silence didn't last. 😞  But she did look as if she was walking off the stage after the second segment ended, when she was very silent on the topic of Hallmark pulling the ad featuring the gay couple.  And Whoopi did not kiss up to her when they came back after the smackdown.  I'd have thought she'd have made at least one comment in support of gay marriage and her bestie Clay, but I guess it was more important to punish us by withholding her opinion.  Thanks Megs!    

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

For now! nothing in life stays the same. Megan will do herself in like she did today.  She has no self-control and she will mess with the wrong person.  She would not let anybody speak and basically said that she was special and everybody had to bow down to her.  

We can surely hope!  But I have quit watching this show countless times because of incidents that occurred just like this morning .... and she goes nowhere.  She's always still there.  We've all asked before 'when is enough enough?'  Rock bottom for her and this show seems to be bottomless. 

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Her day is coming.  She has peaked with the View. Where is she going to go after this? There is no other network that would hire her to be a "political analyst".  She has shown herself to be a nasty vile shrew.  Whether she leaves before or when the View is gone I doubt she will ever have a regular on air gig again.

• Love 22

For the first time ever, Meghan looked less than thrilled when someone (De Niro) mentioned her father.  

Why does she read his credits back to him before asking a question?  He knows.  The audience knows.  She always does this.

Robert De Niro is so different on a talk show than he used to be.  He used to be the worst guest, and it was next to impossible for the host to get him to utter more than a few words per question.  It was agony to watch, too.  He still doesn't do talk shows that often, but now he's relaxed, engaging, and downright chatty.

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 2
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, lusinia said:

Robert De Niro is so different on a talk show than he used to be.  He used to be the worst guest, and it was next to impossible for the host to get him to utter more than a few words per question.  It was agony to watch, too.  He still doesn't do them that often, but now he's relaxed, engaging, and downright chatty.

Oh yeah. He used to never give interviews let alone do an on air one.  He has mellowed as he  has gotten older. I think it started when he started doing comedy films (Meet the Parents etc.).  Maybe laughing helped him relax.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11