Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/16/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

This is rich - Meghan saying it's her job to point out things that are true (tweet below).  She only does so when it suits her.

She retweets this reporter (I think) who said polls show support for impeachment is underwater.  The chart that he tweeted shows 7 polls, 4 of them showing more people against impeachment, and 3 polls that show more people in favor of it.  That's hardly a referendum for either side. 

And do either he or Meghan realize how polls work?  It's not like counting the number of    M & Ms in a bag.  Every poll has a margin of error, which means the actual number could be either that much higher or that much lower than the number shown in the poll.  The lower the margin of error a poll has, the better the quality of that poll's methodology and results.

But polls can't be considered "truth".  And as Meghan usually cites these polls that measure impeachment popularity as proof that the Democrats are making a foolish political calculation that will hurt their candidate's electability chances, it is way too early to make those kind of predictions.  A poll is like a snapshot of a moment in time.  We've got almost 11 months to go.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I think the build-up to the smackdown was equally as interesting.

MeAgain stomped out in a mood.  

Whoopi started the show off with a serious tone, no lighthearted anything.

MeAgain lobbed the Talib comparison, quoting Impeach the MotherFucker (again!) to say it is partisan on both sides.  Whoopi quoted MeAgain quoting Talib and said it is not the same thing because the Senate is the jury.  MeAgain pushed back on Whoopi and called the Dems partisan pearl-clutchers.  

Abby made her points and the camera caught MeAgain looking to the back of the stage, looking to the audience, with a frowny face, and adjusting her bra strap.  MeAgain tried to interrupt Abby, but then Whoopi made her point about Clinton.  MeAgain interrupted Whoopi to say Clinton perjured himself, and then Joy wanted to address that point.  Whoopi told them to let her make her point, and MeAgain was muttering and looking to the audience cause Whoopi won't let her speak.  Joy said  she has an answer to that and Whoopi said everyone has an answer, and they can answer when she makes her point.  After this Whoopi referenced how divided the country is and pointed to MeAgain saying this is something that she talks about.  MeAgain, startled, says "me".  and began to rant about being with conservatives who think this is partisan, and Dems are out of over their skis, and blah blah blah, and Whoopi tried to go to break but MeAgain noticed someone laughing at her.  Whoopi had to explain they are not laughing at her, and she seemed annoyed to have to do this. 

When they come back from break the big smack down happens after Sunny has made her point about Senators who previously voted to impeach Clinton but now will not remove Trump.  MeAgain responded to Sunny saying she is not there to litigate the ethics of it (!!!!), she is there as an ABC political analyst.  Sunny tried to explain she was not referring to MeAgain, she is referring to the Senators, and MeAgain talked over Sunny saying it was her turn to speak and doesn't anyone want to hear the conservative perspective.  Wait, she just said she was an analyst and nothing more, but now she is the conservative voice?!  It is at this point that Whoopi tries to regain control and MeAgain refused to shut up and that's when Whoopi lost her shit.  MeAgain, like a little kid, tried to point out that Sunny was talking over her (which she was), but MeAgain just didn't realize that everyone needed to shut up.  And so she got smacked.

I think everything that happened before the show and in segment one led to the smackdown in segment two.

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

Curious - how often is she on?

I've only seen her on This Week once, and she wasn't great.   I'm not a regular viewer, so not sure.   But we'll see how much ABC puts in her political analyst skills by how much they use her during primary season.

1 hour ago, 27bored said:

See, the reason why I cut Meghan a little more slack than most is because I know the show is set up to make her and Abby the contrarian voices instead of just two women with an opinion. Every topic is set up to dump on Trump/Republicans and Abby and Meghan get to either join in on the dragging or bless his actions as the two conservative ladies on the panel. 

I agree about the set up of the show, as it has always been that way.  But we've seen conservative panelists like Nicolle and Ana, and even Bitsy at times do a much better job explaining their positions.    When your immediate response to an well thought out argument is "Both sides" end of discussion (which MM and Abby lean a too heavily on).  That doesn't help anyone understand the other side.   At least with Ana she articulates the other side so that while you may or may not agree she provides actual counterpoints to topics so there can be an actual discussion between the panelists.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, bannana said:

MeAgain responded to Sunny saying she is not there to litigate the ethics of it (!!!!), she is there as an ABC political analyst.  Sunny tried to explain she was not referring to MeAgain, she is referring to the Senators, and MeAgain talked over Sunny saying it was her turn to speak and doesn't anyone want to hear the conservative perspective.  Wait, she just said she was an analyst and nothing more, but now she is the conservative voice?!

Yes, I think this is an important point.  Meghan wants to be BOTH the "political analyst" (based on what experience?)   AND the representative of all conservative thought.  I don't think it's possible to be both.  

And I will never understand how she hurls "partisan"  as an insult at democrats, and then tries to represent Republicans.  DOes she think "partisan"  only applies to one side? 

• Love 18
20 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I agree about the set up of the show, as it has always been that way.  But we've seen conservative panelists like Nicolle and Ana, and even Bitsy at times do a much better job explaining their positions. 

My sister is conservative and we both manage to remain civil the few times we let the conversation veer to politics.  I can't help thinking Meghan does her side no favours by her behavior on The View! It will be interesting to see if she changes in any way after the smackdown and the public reaction to it.  Probably not I suppose.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Tammee said:

Is anyone else getting these pesky pop up ads at the bottom of the page, and they seem like they're floating, so they cover whatever youre typing.  Its very annoying.

Yes, but if you click the little X on the top right of the banner, they will stop.  I must say it's a lousy way to advertise!!!

• Love 12
36 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I agree about the set up of the show, as it has always been that way.  But we've seen conservative panelists like Nicolle and Ana, and even Bitsy at times do a much better job explaining their positions.    When your immediate response to an well thought out argument is "Both sides" end of discussion (which MM and Abby lean a too heavily on).  That doesn't help anyone understand the other side.   At least with Ana she articulates the other side so that while you may or may not agree she provides actual counterpoints to topics so there can be an actual discussion between the panelists.   

I think Tara Setmayer is also great at explaining conservative positions. I wish they'd have her on more.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, leftlane said:

Here's the clip in question. I don't get why Meghan doesn't understand that pushback about topics isn't personally directed at her and she doesn't need to talk over people to repeat that she's a political analyst here to give a conservative point of view. WE KNOW. 

Oh that was GLORIOUS!!!!!! Where has this Whoopi been????

3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

The so called political analyst who "has been in politics her whole life" is taking on the political establishment? Sure Jan.

That would be:

giphy.gif

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Yes, but if you click the little X on the top right of the banner, they will stop.  I must say it's a lousy way to advertise!!!

Oh trust me, I'm a click'n!  Its just annoying.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, 27bored said:

I’m sorry, but Whoopi tried it and had that been me in Meghan’s spot, it would’ve gone a little worse than that.

Whoopi, I don’t give two fucks how you think Meghan was acting, she’s a grown ass woman and your co-host. That doesn’t entitle her to disrespect anybody but it doesn’t entitle you to disrespect anybody either. If you think the conversation is getting too heated, go to a commercial. If you think Meghan is being wrong or unreasonable, explain why you feel differently. But “girl please stop talking”? “Bitch who the fuck are the fuck are you talking to” would’ve soared out of my mouth before I realized it. 

See, the reason why I cut Meghan a little more slack than most is because I know the show is set up to make her and Abby the contrarian voices instead of just two women with an opinion. Every topic is set up to dump on Trump/Republicans and Abby and Meghan get to either join in on the dragging or bless his actions as the two conservative ladies on the panel. 

Whoopi knows that, but she pretends like the dynamic of the show is fair to Meghan. Meghan might be a bit sassier than Whoopi, Sunny, and Joy would like, but the reality is that’s the show you guys have. If you want honest conversations where both sides get their just due, there are other major changes that need to be made besides Meghan shutting up. But this is pro-wrestling, so play your part, but don’t get mad when someone else plays theirs.

Yeah, except that's not what happened here. At all. Meghan acted like the entire segment after the break had been some rebuttal to her, when in fact, all of the other hosts had their own thoughts about what's going on. I do think Meghan thinks any time someone on this show opens her mouth, they're arguing with Meghan. The narcissism is strong with this one.

But here's how it actually went down.

The View: A Partial Recap

Opening Segment

(Much of this is close-enough paraphrase. Where I do quote, I use quotation marks.)

Whoopi introduced the first topic; Wednesday, the House of Representatives is slated to vote on impeachment. If they vote to proceed, the Senate trial should begin in early 2020, but some Republicans say they don't have to wait that long to see where this is going.

Clips: Mitch McConnell says he's coordinating everything with White House Counsel; Lindsey Graham says he's signaling he made up his mind and isn't trying to pretend to be a fair juror; Jerry Nadler says they're violating their oath and subverting the Constitutional process.

WHOOPI asked if we just watched Mitch & Lindsey admit they're prepared to violate their Constitutional duty, and if as jurors, they shouldn't hear everything before making up their minds.

JOY said they're partisan hacks but people will catch onto that soon, because everyone has been on a jury. SUNNY agreed. ABBY made some crosstalk noises (maybe in agreement).

MEGHAN asked how that's different from Rashida Tlaib on election night saying [this was bleeped, but we all know it was 'impeach the MF']? To her, it's partisanship on (sing it with me now...) BOTH SIDES before the trial has  even begun. 

JOY agreed Tlaib shouldn't have said that.

MEGHAN still ground away at the topic, even though no one was arguing with her, then said she takes "Great offense" at the idea that there's not integrity and seriousness, given the gravity of the accusations. She thinks most people have tuned out because BOTH SIDES are making it as political as they are.

SUNNY said she looked up the oath senators will have to take ahead of the impeachment trial. She finds it shocking that Lindsey said something that they're going to get to coming up.

WHOOPI said she was getting to that. She talked about the difference between someone like Tlaib on election night yelling something like that and one of the to-be-jurors and Graham saying something, when he's going to be "sitting in judgment" of the impeachment. [My note: that is a very loose PARAPHRASE, but I believe it fairly represents the spirit of Whoopi's comment.]

MEGHAN said she doesn't see a difference between Tlaib's comment and Graham saying what he said in the run up to impeachment, even though Whoopi and Joy pointed out Tlaib won't be a juror in the impeachment trial. Meghan then implored everyone to stop being so partisan on BOTH sides. [Note: Tlaib wasn't even sworn in when she said we should impeach the MF]

WHOOPI agreed they should stop being so partisan.

ABBY said the Republicans have lost her by not acknowledging something bad happened. She finds what Trump did (and does on a daily basis) abhorrent. Still, she thinks we need more on grounds for impeachment. More than abuse of power, she thinks we need proof something illegal was done. [Note: she's so passive, she even abuses the passive voice.] She then pivoted to her safe space, a both-sides hypothetical, where Joe Biden could get elected, then be impeached for Burisma. She found her whole weekend was consumed by Trump, and she has a "pit in her stomach this "holiday season" because Trump represents everything we're "taught not to be as human beings." 

WHOOPI threw in word-salad about hypocrisy & started talking about Bill Clinton and his lie. ABBY, MEGHAN thinking she was arguing against Whoopi, says, "[Clinton] perjured himself, though." WHOOPI's all like, yeah that's a lie

SUNNY, JOY, and MEGHAN all began to talk at once. 

WHOOPI shouted over them to let her make her point, which is that what Graham is saying now is the exact sentiment he argued against during Bill Clinton's impeachment. She added that the Constitution is not flexible, then served up some more word salad, and closed by saying, "Take it to trial. Stop saying, 'I'm not going to look at the evidence'. You just can't do that. That's not the American way."

ABBY tried to make what I think is a good-humored observation of the intentionally obvious kind, as she laughed and said, "So you're saying there's hypocrisy going on." She meant with Graham.

WHOOPI wanted to try to stay serious though, and said it's not even the hypocrisy. She then tried to bring Meghan into the conversation, by gesturing at her (Meghan) as she (Whoopi) added, "It's the thing that has scared everyone, which is this divide that you talk about all the time," then pointed to the producers, who must have signaled to wrap, and added, "I know." 

MEGHAN: "Me?"

WHOOPI: "Yeah, that you talk about all the time, between--"

MEGHAN: (not letting Whoopi finish her point) "Well, I just spend most of my time around conservatives. I don't spend my time around  -- like, like, well, my off time -- and I know that there are a group of people in this country that think this is completely partisan on the left as well, and I'm not saying what Lindsey Graham said was okay, because I disagree with it, but the idea that like (she rolls her eyes and makes a mocking expression), 'Oh, we're in a Pollyanna moment, and our innocence is lost now'..." (she didn't complete the thought, but instead started rebutting the straw man she introduced). "Go back to -- again -- a President who perjured himself within my lifetime, and having an impeachment process, and you can -- I'm just telling you--

JOY, who had been softly trying to say something during that last quoted bit above, said something including the words "No, I wanna [???] why you [???]"

MEGHAN: (continuing) "But I'm just telling you, conservatives right now -- if I were a Democrat, I would be out there on the frontlines every way possible, trying to change their mind, 'cause all I hear right now is, 'The Democrats have gotten out over their skis', and they want to move on." [NOTE: She talks so fast and finishes so few thoughts, but I think what she was saying there is that it is conservatives who want to move on, because Dems are out over their skis.] "And by the way, Trump wants a long impeachment process, because it's good for him and it's helping his numbers..."

JOY: (tries to speak again) "He thinks so."

MEGHAN: (talking over Joy) "And Mitch  -- Mitch McConnell does not -- you can laugh all you want--

WHOOPI: "No, no. They're not laughing at you. They're laughing at the fact that I--," she gestures towards the producers, "We have to go so bad, he's -- like he (a producer) has to go to the bathroom." She mimics someone bouncing like they have to pee. "He's standing  there like this." The camera shows a producer or director (bald guy with gray mustache and glasses, who is laughing and has turned beet red). "We'll be right back to talk more about this when we come back." 

[This ends the first segment. See my next post for the segment after the break.]

Edited by General Days
Edited to change paraphrased attribution from Abby to Meghan
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 18

After the break...

WHOOPI: "All right, we're back to the conversation. Go ahead."

JOY: "What I wanted to say was, to your [Meghan's] point about why Clinton perjured himself is because he was willing to go under oath. Trump will not go under oath. He refuses to testify, as well as Mulvaney, Bolton, Giuliani -- all these people who are afraid to go under oath  -- particularly Donald, if he goes under, as I've said before, the lie machine will explode. And then, then--

ABBY: "Joe Biden's not going under oath either, though, he said."

JOY: "Joe Biden is not the crucial person here. He's not the one who's being investigated right now."

ABBY: "But still, if you're asked, if you're subpoenaed, you should say, 'I'm gonna do what the law says I need to do. I'm gonna show up, and I'm gonna testify."

JOY: "But in his case, he's -- it's a separate issue. It's not--

ABBY: (talking over Joy): [???] "...the argument though"

JOY: It's not germane to what is going on in the Senate right now.

SUNNY: "Yeah. I also think if we're gonna talk about both sides, if we're gonna make that comparison, I think we also have to compare the Senate vote, before. You had so many senators that voted to not only impeach, but also convict President Clinton for, yes, perjuring himself. Those same -- many of those same people are still in the Senate. I cannot believe that they would vote to impeach and convict a president -- a sitting president -- for perjuring himself, and they would not vote to convict a president--

JOY: "And remove."

SUNNY: "And remove a president who clearly used -- wanted to use a foreign government for his own personal benefit, to impede our very democracy. That is the height of hypocrisy for this Republican-led Senate--"

MEGHAN: "But my job here--"

SUNNY: "I don't understand that--"

MEGHAN: "My job here is not to litigate the ethics of it. I'm an ABC political analyst, along with being a View co-host. My job is to analyze the politics of it, and I'm telling you--"

SUNNY: "But I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about--"

MEGHAN: "But I'm telling you my job here--"

SUNNY: "--the people that are the Senators, that are -- in the Senate -- the Rep--"

MEGHAN: Let me finish. I let you talk. Let me finish.

SUNNY: "--the Republican Senate."

MEGHAN: "What you have..."

WHOOPI: "Here's what's happening now--"

MEGHAN: "Is one of you a conservative [???]--"

WHOOPI: "We're gonna -- we're gonna keep--"

MEGHAN: [???] perspective on the show? Ever?"

WHOOPI: "Girl, please stop talking."

MEGHAN: "Pfft."

WHOOPI: "Please stop talking right now. 'Cause you know what? What's happening--"

MEGHAN: "No problem."

WHOOPI: "Thank you. Thank you."

MEGHAN: "No problem. I won't talk for the rest of the show. [Scoffs] No problem."

WHOOPI: "Okay. That's-- I'm okay with that. 

whoopi.thumb.jpeg.14ad5665b7841d562323e110521bfcd2.jpeg

WHOOPI: "I'm okay with that. If you're going to behave like this--"

MEGHAN: "I'm not behaving like anything. I'm trying to show--"

WHOOPI: "You are. You are talking over--"

MEGHAN: "--a conservative perspective."

WHOOPI: "Yes. We understand that--"

MEGHAN: "No. I let Sunny talk, and then--"

WHOOPI: "But you are -- what you're doing is you're--"

MEGHAN: "No, I'm -- I"

WHOOPI: "--is, you're--"

MEGHAN: "I--"

WHOOPI: "We're not doing anything. How about this? Former FBI --  we'll be right back."

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, General Days said:

Yeah, except that's not what happened here. At all. Meghan acted like the entire segment after the break had been some rebuttal to her, when in fact, all of the other hosts had their own thoughts about what's going on. I do think Meghan thinks any time someone on this show opens her mouth, they're arguing with Meghan. The narcissism is strong with this one.

But here's how it actually went down.

The View: A Partial Recap

Opening Segment

(Much of this is close-enough paraphrase. Where I do quote, I use quotation marks.)

Whoopi introduced the first topic; Wednesday, the House of Representatives is slated to vote on impeachment. If they vote to proceed, the Senate trial should begin in early 2020, but some Republicans say they don't have to wait that long to see where this is going.

Clips: Mitch McConnell says he's coordinating everything with White House Counsel; Lindsey Graham says he's signaling he made up his mind and isn't trying to pretend to be a fair juror; Jerry Nadler says they're violating their oath and subverting the Constitutional process.

WHOOPI asked if we just watched Mitch & Lindsey admit they're prepared to violate their Constitutional duty, and if as jurors, they shouldn't hear everything before making up their minds.

JOY said they're partisan hacks but people will catch onto that soon, because everyone has been on a jury. SUNNY agreed. ABBY made some crosstalk noises (maybe in agreement).

MEGHAN asked how that's different from Rashida Tlaib on election night saying [this was bleeped, but we all know it was 'impeach the MF']? To her, it's partisanship on (sing it with me now...) BOTH SIDES before the trial has  even begun. 

JOY agreed Tlaib shouldn't have said that.

MEGHAN still ground away at the topic, even though no one was arguing with her, then said she takes "Great offense" at the idea that there's not integrity and seriousness, given the gravity of the accusations. She thinks most people have tuned out because BOTH SIDES are making it as political as they are.

SUNNY said she looked up the oath senators will have to take ahead of the impeachment trial. She finds it shocking that Lindsey said something that they're going to get to coming up.

WHOOPI said she was getting to that. She talked about the difference between someone like Tlaib on election night yelling something like that and one of the to-be-jurors and Graham saying something, when he's going to be "sitting in judgment" of the impeachment. [My note: that is a very loose PARAPHRASE, but I believe it fairly represents the spirit of Whoopi's comment.]

MEGHAN said she doesn't see a difference between Tlaib's comment and Graham saying what he said in the run up to impeachment, even though Whoopi and Joy pointed out Tlaib won't be a juror in the impeachment trial. Meghan then implored everyone to stop being so partisan on BOTH sides. [Note: Tlaib wasn't even sworn in when she said we should impeach the MF]

WHOOPI agreed they should stop being so partisan.

ABBY said the Republicans have lost her by not acknowledging something bad happened. She finds what Trump did (and does on a daily basis) abhorrent. Still, she thinks we need more on grounds for impeachment. More than abuse of power, she thinks we need proof something illegal was done. [Note: she's so passive, she even abuses the passive voice.] She then pivoted to her safe space, a both-sides hypothetical, where Joe Biden could get elected, then be impeached for Burisma. She found her whole weekend was consumed by Trump, and she has a "pit in her stomach this "holiday season" because Trump represents everything we're "taught not to be as human beings." 

WHOOPI threw in word-salad about hypocrisy & started talking about Bill Clinton and his lie. ABBY, thinking she was arguing against Whoopi, says, "[Clinton] perjured himself, though." WHOOPI's all like, yeah that's a lie

SUNNY, JOY, and MEGHAN all began to talk at once. 

WHOOPI shouted over them to let her make her point, which is that what Graham is saying now is the exact sentiment he argued against during Bill Clinton's impeachment. She added that the Constitution is not flexible, then served up some more word salad, and closed by saying, "Take it to trial. Stop saying, 'I'm not going to look at the evidence'. You just can't do that. That's not the American way."

ABBY tried to make what I think is a good-humored observation of the intentionally obvious kind, as she laughed and said, "So you're saying there's hypocrisy going on." She meant with Graham.

WHOOPI wanted to try to stay serious though, and said it's not even the hypocrisy. She then tried to bring Meghan into the conversation, by gesturing at her (Meghan) as she (Whoopi) added, "It's the thing that has scared everyone, which is this divide that you talk about all the time," then pointed to the producers, who must have signaled to wrap, and added, "I know." 

MEGHAN: "Me?"

WHOOPI: "Yeah, that you talk about all the time, between--"

MEGHAN: (not letting Whoopi finish her point) "Well, I just spend most of my time around conservatives. I don't spend my time around  -- like, like, well, my off time -- and I know that there are a group of people in this country that think this is completely partisan on the left as well, and I'm not saying what Lindsey Graham said was okay, because I disagree with it, but the idea that like (she rolls her eyes and makes a mocking expression), 'Oh, we're in a Pollyanna moment, and our innocence is lost now'..." (she didn't complete the thought, but instead started rebutting the straw man she introduced). "Go back to -- again -- a President who perjured himself within my lifetime, and having an impeachment process, and you can -- I'm just telling you--

JOY, who had been softly trying to say something during that last quoted bit above, said something including the words "No, I wanna [???] why you [???]"

MEGHAN: (continuing) "But I'm just telling you, conservatives right now -- if I were a Democrat, I would be out there on the frontlines every way possible, trying to change their mind, 'cause all I hear right now is, 'The Democrats have gotten out over their skis', and they want to move on." [NOTE: She talks so fast and finishes so few thoughts, but I think what she was saying there is that it is conservatives who want to move on, because Dems are out over their skis.] "And by the way, Trump wants a long impeachment process, because it's good for him and it's helping his numbers..."

JOY: (tries to speak again) "He thinks so."

MEGHAN: (talking over Joy) "And Mitch  -- Mitch McConnell does not -- you can laugh all you want--

WHOOPI: "No, no. They're not laughing at you. They're laughing at the fact that I--," she gestures towards the producers, "We have to go so bad, he's -- like he (a producer) has to go to the bathroom." She mimics someone bouncing like they have to pee. "He's standing  there like this." The camera shows a producer or director (bald guy with gray mustache and glasses, who is laughing and has turned beet red). "We'll be right back to talk more about this when we come back." 

[This ends the first segment.]

Omg tell me you pasted this!  My hands would be in that claw shape permanently.  Thats awesome @General Days! Dont know if this group/forum has any kind of history saved...but if so I submit the preceding document to the Archives.  Can you imagine?  Maybe this is finally it. the beginning of the end of the reign of terror. It should be documented for all of history.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I wish it were the beginning of the end, but although I don't agree with 27bored's pro-wrestling analogy, or that Meghan gets the villain treatment, I do think ABC News division and The View producers cream their jeans when there's tension like this on the air, because it gets them free attention. 

P.S. No, I didn't copy and paste it. I typed it up. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 12

Reading it written out like that just emphasizes how much Whoopi tried to be conciliatory to McCain throughout both segments until McCain decided to be hateful to her like she is with everyone because she was "losing" the argument. If I had the clout Whoopi does, I'd treat McCain this way from here on out until her ass is fired or she leaves because of "stress," lol. The few times people have snapped back at her, she's in tears. I doubt she could go into work being treated the way she treats everyone else every single day.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

If I had the clout Whoopi does, I'd treat McCain this way from here on out until her ass is fired or she leaves because of "stress," lol.

The problem is, John McCain's dear friend Whoopi got Meghan this job and Meghan has said she took it because her dad told her "Whoopi will take care of you."  Yeah. <Insert your eye roll / vomit emoji here.> So there's that.  Whoopi has gotten all are asses into this mess and she is kind of in a pickle now, isn't she?  Basically no good deed goes unpunished multiplied by a million. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Wow, really? I don't follow Twitter at all. I assume that The View doesn't often trend that high?

I follow the Worldwide trends and currently the 17th trending topic. The show was eight hours ago, but she's still trending.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan can't defend or excuse what happened so she comes up with this garbage.  Apparently upholding the Constitution is partisan.

She is getting worse at hiding her "views".

5 minutes ago, StellarJay said:

What defines a true Conservative and who decides that? 

I would imagine it would be a scale of opinions, usually, much like any party.

50 minutes ago, General Days said:

[Note: Tlaib wasn't even sworn in when she said we should impeach the MF]

Great note to make!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Sunny, Sunny, Sunny … You're an attractive woman who's a successful professional.  Maybe you can lop off that wavy/highlighted ponytail and get a nice attractive bob.  Also, lose those bangs.  Life will be easier with a less elaborate hairstyle.

I agree about the hair, but today those white dots near her tear ducts and Elsie-the-Cow fake eyelashes were very distracting in the lead-up to Missy's Meltdown.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I agree about the hair, but today those white dots near her tear ducts and Elsie-the-Cow fake eyelashes were very distracting in the lead-up to Missy's Meltdown.

As is her nose contouring.  I find it so distracting every show.  2 dark stripes down either side of the bridge of her nose.  I am no makeup expert, but I am pretty sure that if people can *see* the contouring, it isn't being done right.  And I don't even have an HD t.v.  My tv is like 100 yrs old.  And I have shitty eye sight. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

So now MeAgain is positioning this as the conservative voice being silenced.  Based on her tweets.

She is making a mistake.  Whoopi will not appreciate being made out as someone who is silencing the conservative voice.  Everyone who watches the show knows that Whoopi was just done with MeAgain's unprofessional behaviour, but the MeAgain fans will lap up what she is saying.  

She should not piss Whoopi off even further.

Also, what exactly was she saying today that points to her being silenced?  Abby said quite a bit.  MeAgain was all over the map but I don't she articulated the conservative viewpoint other than to say: both sides.

And if you have to say that you are a political analyst, then you really aren't one.  See: former View host Nicolle Wallace.  See:  current co-host Ana Navarro.

• Love 18

I think ABC should compassionately release Meghan from her duties as a political analyst, since speaking for half the country is obviously a great hardship for her and prevents her from speaking for herself.

3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

her dad told her "Whoopi will take care of you."

I remember Meghan also saying that her father thought it would be good for her to get out of the Fox News "bubble".  A shame that didn't work out. 

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 15

Now that was a clear precise to the point stfu! Lol  but she didn't throw the tantrum she displayed the last time Whoopi shut her down. That shutdown was more satisfying to watch because most of it happened off the air.  Man wish I was there today. but glad I was when the other smackdown happened if you all recall. Whoopi shouted to Meg to basically stfu, slammed her Hand on the table in frustration. I think both Whoopi and MM learned fast just throw to commercial and just stfu no arguing because Nutmeg screamed back to her, fled off stage. She had be coaxed back on, uncontrollable crying,  eye makeup  touch ups with Q-tips and pointing her finger at Whoopi. Now THAT was a thing to SEE . I think After that occurred,  MM decided not go ballistic and lose it because of the embarrassment. No Q-Tips were needed today

Love Deniro, Trump is a lowlife 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Well, Whoopi IS the moderator.   Part of her JOB is to stop Meghan from speaking over others and shouting like she was.  

No, it’s not. It’s not Whoppi’s show just because she’s sitting First Chair. Introduce the topic, then let everyone speak on it. And if she has to referee the conversation — as if they’re saying something of great importance — there’s a way to do it. Talking down to one of her co-hosts like she’s Mother is not the way. 

3 hours ago, leftlane said:

I don't think the topics are set up that way at all. Especially not today's topics. When it comes to the constitution and politicians doing their jobs, these are pretty black and white issues. Abby and Meghan choose to cherry pick what they want to say and push the whataboutism narrative because they don't want to go against the Republican party/conservatives and call out wrong for wrong.

I wouldn’t agree with that characterization at all, but aside from that, this goes beyond the conversation over impeachment. I think Meghan is set up to look bitchier than she is, and I think the show being so one-sided frustrates her which is where some of her sassiness comes from. I think she and Abby resent having to play the spoiler to Trump Sucks kee-kee session that The View has become. 

3 hours ago, After7Only said:

I've only seen her on This Week once, and she wasn't great.   I'm not a regular viewer, so not sure.   But we'll see how much ABC puts in her political analyst skills by how much they use her during primary season.

Ana is a Republican in brand only. She doesn’t have to sit there and actually say Republican things and defend Republican ideas because the main topic of discussion is Trump, whom she doesn’t like. It’s no surprise she comes across better given she’s usually right there with Joy cracking wise and smirking. 

I’m not a fan of going both sides just to avoid criticizing your side when they do something wrong, but I think it’s perfectly fair to mention it as a matter of calling out blatant hypocrisy. And Whoopi, Joy, and Sunny are blatant hypocrites. Meghan and Abby are way more nuanced in their opinions than the other three, so I don’t take their occasional water-carrying for their side as being completely disingenuous. I think a Democrat could come out and give the same “Mexican rapists” speech Joy loves bringing up about Trump and she would insist it’s totally different. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan is "nuanced?"  

I'd love to know what led you to that characterization.  I don't see it.

I said they were more nuanced than the other three. And it’s fairly easy to see. Meghan doesn’t just sit and defend Trump or any other Republican irrespective of what they say and do. I’ve probably said before but I could easily put together several minutes of Meghan dissenting with the GOP talking point. And sometimes I think she takes a more neutral, dispassionate “numbers-crunching” position than taking a side. So she does have nuanced opinions, attitude aside. Which is why I don’t get mad at her when she gets huffy about not being allowed to speak. We get it: Whoopi wants to moralize, Joy wants to crack-wise, Sunny wants to tell lawyerly lies. Abby usually acts like a Pre-K teacher. Meghan’s the only person keeping the format from being stale.

Whoopi, Joy, and Sunny don’t defend the GOP, they don’t defend Trump, they don’t defend conservative positions. But they sure have their critiques that they’re all too eager to share.

Edited by 27bored
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1