Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/16/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Where is she going to go after this?

If she wants to be on national tv, I think Fox New is the only place to go.  Who knows if they'll want her back.  If not, maybe she'd get a podcast.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

He used to never give interviews let alone do an on air one.

I remember a couple he did, once on Rosie O'Donnell's daytime show, and once on Letterman, and oh, I felt so bad for them.  I mean, here was one of the greatest actors of all time, and he gave them nothing.  If he hadn't been so esteemed, they probably would have made a joke of it, and they couldn't even do that.  

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I guess the hair and makeup people had to work at lightning speed to get Meghan back together after her meltdown.

All I want to know is, was she yelling at Whoopi when she stomped off? 

I wish we had somebody on here who was in the audience today to give us the tea. 

6 minutes ago, lusinia said:

If she wants to be on national tv, I think Fox New is the only place to go.  Who knows if they'll want her back.  If not, maybe she'd get a podcast.

They don't want her because their audience hates her dad. They would never allow anybody there to praise her daddy ad nauseum like they do on the View.  Plus, Megan wants to be on a major network like ABC, she craves attention above all else.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
Just now, Orillia said:

Seeing that smackdown almost made me want to take back every snarky comment I've made about Whoopie.

SmackDOWN!!!  Heheheheheheheheheheheheh!  Im sorry. Im taking way too much glee in this but it has been such a loooooooooooong time coming

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
14 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

LOL

Maybe thats how we can finally get rid of her.  Keep shutting her down, she'll get so frustrated at not being able to talk, she'll walk.  Pipe dream i know

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

Loved the smackdown.   Well deserved.   I need Sunny to point out to MM that comparing what Rashida Talib said to Mitch McConnell is irresponsible and does a disservice to viewers.   Just shutting down a conversation with both sides do it,  does nothing to help me understand the 50% she supposedly represents.  Explain why a McConnell might take the position that he did (even if she doesn't agree).   

Plus anyone who's ever seen MM on This Week knows that she is not a (good) political analyst.   The real political analysts on that show really highlight what a light weight she is.   

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I loved when Meg said she wouldn't talk for the rest of the show and Whoopie said, "That's fine with me." 

Dear Producers of The View:

You should film that and show it every Christmas. And hey guys, you already did the hard part.

Love,

Almost Everyone

• LOL 2
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, GladysCravits said:

What adult acts like that!  It’s so unbelievably immature and rude.  I’ve never seen anyone on a panel show act like this.  She’s horrible.  

This is like the  early 2000's to 2013 when another blonde screamer (EH) sat in that position.  It was a turn off then too, as in turn off the show for years.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

For the first time ever, Meghan looked less than thrilled when someone (De Niro) mentioned her father.  

Why does she read his credits back to him before asking a question?  He knows.  The audience knows.  She always does this.

Robert De Niro is so different on a talk show than he used to be.  He used to be the worst guest, and it was next to impossible for the host to get him to utter more than a few words per question.  It was agony to watch, too.  He still doesn't do talk shows that often, but now he's relaxed, engaging, and downright chatty.

He never would have said, "Can I say just one more thing?" It's so good to see how relaxed and comfortable he is now! 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, mongoose said:

He never would have said, "Can I say just one more thing?" It's so good to see how relaxed and comfortable he is now! 

I already have the Anonymous book on reserve at the library but it's nice knowing DeNiro gives it two thumbs up.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

She is seemingly one of the most miserable, unhappy people I have ever seen.  Her entire disposition is just 100% negativity 100% of the time.  I honestly think she is incapable of feeling any joy about anything.  What a sad, miserable waste of a very fortunate life.

IMAGINE:   In five years, Mr. Domenech is married to someone else and he wonders how he withstood the years of misery, danger, bitchiness, and complete unhappiness while being Mr. Uno Who.   He no longer lives in the lap of luxury, but he's also no longer in the lap of despair.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Does she think she's taking on the "entire political establishment" at some great personal risk by not being quiet?  She's acting as if she's the Joan of Arc of our political age, but will make that sacrifice even as others (like Whoopie today) try to burn her at the stake, so to speak.

The so called political analyst who "has been in politics her whole life" is taking on the political establishment? Sure Jan.

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
52 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

She's kinda of mean with Sunny, then Joy and Meghan, she loves Abby

That wasn't always the case.  She treated her as a lowly and ig-nernt intruder.  I'll have to watch more carefully.

• Love 1

Sunny, Sunny, Sunny ... Your hairstyle today is simple and refined yet such a GREAT IMPROVEMENT on the "young, sexy, hot-hot-hot" look you're desperate to pull off.   YOU LOOK MAHVELOUS!!!

You're an attractive woman who's a successful professional.  Maybe you can lop off that wavy/highlighted ponytail and get a nice attractive bob.  Also, lose those bangs.  Life will be easier with a less elaborate hairstyle.

• Love 6

I know Im thrilled too.  But they gotta play it right or the opportunity will be lost.  If we high five Whoopi too to much after a while she will start to feel its excessive and sorry for MM, W will lower her voice and get back to getting on.  She'll  do some kind of Mea Culpa but wont actually apologize.  We will get the Kumbaya we are family and families fight speech.  Stand your ground there Whoopi. Dont backpedal. Do it for all us little people lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Wow, really? I don't follow Twitter at all. I assume that The View doesn't often trend that high?

I dont know if THAT high, but its usually about some snark MM said and was on the daily rags, that she takes great pride in.  No such thing as bad press right?  Its all good lol.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Tammee said:

When did she backdown?

I'm pretty sure she went to break ahead of time, instead of letting it escalate.  At this point, the producers probably have plans in place ahead of time, just in case (like with any disaster😃).

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Tammee said:

When did she backdown?  I dont recall seeing that @Cementhead

I thought that she was backing down when she threw it to commercial so quickly.  An easy out.  But I've watched it a few more times and it was a pretty good smack down so I take my words back, Tammee. 

6 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I'm pretty sure she went to break ahead of time, instead of letting it escalate.  At this point, the producers probably have plans in place ahead of time, just in case (like with any disaster😃).

Great minds think alike 🙂

Edited by Cementhead
Because through isn't the same as threw.
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

That wasn't always the case.  She treated her as a lowly and ig-nernt intruder.  I'll have to watch more carefully.

I think Whoopi just finds Annoy humerous in what she says. Plus she is the lessor of two evils lol.  Hmmm maybe she can go back to whom ever brokered that deal that. brought MM here, and say 'look we made a mistake, it was our own inexperience.  We want this other FemBot instead. '

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I’m looking forward to the Charlize Theron MM exchange.  
De Niro was wonderful. I also remember some interviews years ago and he would look like he was being held hostage and give one word answers.   

Edited by athousandclowns
Spelling matters
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I thought that she was backing down when she through it to commercial.  An easy out.  But I've watched it a few more times and it was a pretty good smack down so I take my words back, Tammee. 

Great minds think alike 🙂

You know, i think thats the hardest smackdown, that Ive seen anyway.  Finally finally finally.  Thats all i can say.  Now i would say backing down would be if Whoopi followed her off stage to comfort or calm her down.  She didnt do that did she?  Tell she stayed at the table please

Is anyone else getting these pesky pop up ads at the bottom of the page, and they seem like they're floating, so they cover whatever youre typing.  Its very annoying.

• Love 11

I’m sorry, but Whoopi tried it and had that been me in Meghan’s spot, it would’ve gone a little worse than that.

Whoopi, I don’t give two fucks how you think Meghan was acting, she’s a grown ass woman and your co-host. That doesn’t entitle her to disrespect anybody but it doesn’t entitle you to disrespect anybody either. If you think the conversation is getting too heated, go to a commercial. If you think Meghan is being wrong or unreasonable, explain why you feel differently. But “girl please stop talking”? “Bitch who the fuck are the fuck are you talking to” would’ve soared out of my mouth before I realized it. 

See, the reason why I cut Meghan a little more slack than most is because I know the show is set up to make her and Abby the contrarian voices instead of just two women with an opinion. Every topic is set up to dump on Trump/Republicans and Abby and Meghan get to either join in on the dragging or bless his actions as the two conservative ladies on the panel. 

Whoopi knows that, but she pretends like the dynamic of the show is fair to Meghan. Meghan might be a bit sassier than Whoopi, Sunny, and Joy would like, but the reality is that’s the show you guys have. If you want honest conversations where both sides get their just due, there are other major changes that need to be made besides Meghan shutting up. But this is pro-wrestling, so play your part, but don’t get mad when someone else plays theirs.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, 27bored said:

I’m sorry, but Whoopi tried it and had that been me in Meghan’s spot, it would’ve gone a little worse than that.

Whoopi, I don’t give two fucks how you think Meghan was acting, she’s a grown ass woman and your co-host. That doesn’t entitle her to disrespect anybody but it doesn’t entitle you to disrespect anybody either. If you think the conversation is getting too heated, go to a commercial. If you think Meghan is being wrong or unreasonable, explain why you feel differently. But “girl please stop talking”? “Bitch who the fuck are the fuck are you talking to” would’ve soared out of my mouth before I realized it. 

See, the reason why I cut Meghan a little more slack than most is because I know the show is set up to make her and Abby the contrarian voices instead of just two women with an opinion. Every topic is set up to dump on Trump/Republicans and Abby and Meghan get to either join in on the dragging or bless his actions as the two conservative ladies on the panel. 

Whoopi knows that, but she pretends like the dynamic of the show is fair to Meghan. Meghan might be a bit sassier than Whoopi, Sunny, and Joy would like, but the reality is that’s the show you guys have. If you want honest conversations where both sides get their just due, there are other major changes that need to be made besides Meghan shutting up. But this is pro-wrestling, so play your part, but don’t get mad when someone else plays theirs.

Whaaaaaa?  Are you saying this is f - f - fake????  Heh j/k. @27bored  She totally is a villian.  Probably thinking it would be fun then changed her mind when they threw pop on her heh. She ended up going to GLOW for conversion therapy and the redemption arc begins.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I agree. You can always tell when she's in a bad mood and it was all over her face during the walk-out this morning. 

How can you tell?  She always seems to look like she’s in a bad mood!  😉

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
Just now, JayD83 said:

I have used that same exact quote many times in relation to MM on this show.  I stood up and cheered when Whoopi said it out loud. 

I wouldn't be surprised if MM tells hubby to unleash a tweet storm on Whoopi. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Rainyhawk said:

So let me get this straight...everyone with a brain knows he committed impeachable offenses (including many conservatives and several major newspapers as well as, if you believe the stories, many R senators).  But if you vote to impeach, you’re now being partisan?  Really?? Another “ but but but...both sides” statement that doesn’t make sense.  

Meghan can't defend or excuse what happened so she comes up with this garbage.  Apparently upholding the Constitution is partisan.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

I missed her as well. She's kinda of mean with Sunny, then Joy and Meghan, she loves Abby. But putting  Joy and MM in their places today was a double dose of Whoop

Joy made me chuckle 'ok' heh.  I wonder if W saw Fridays show or heard about it and vented about it all weekend just waiting to go off.  Im sure she was pissed because shes big on respect etc regardless who the guest is. Ask your question but do it respectfully.  And since Missy 'represents the table' it made them all look bad.  I would have been shooting daggers out of my eyes.  Just STFU already. 

• Love 11