Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/16/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

This is why I can tolerate MM more than Abby.  At least with MM you know what you are getting.  Abby comes off very disingenuous with the constitution/impeachment talk.  She knows damn well an actual 'crime' does not have to be committed. 

I don't think she understands the constitution.  She is repeating right wing talking points, yet, she claims to be a moderate, sure Jan...

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, pianogirl73 said:

MM- to Abby, Sunny, and Joy - "stop interrupting each other."

MM- " now I have to bring up memories from my deceased father's campaign."

Whoopi- "No you don't."

AH- "I feel like I'm being ganged up on."

You forgot the last part - the zinger from Meghan....

Meghan - "Welcome to my world."  - with that side eye nasty face to the audience.

• LOL 4
  • Love 14

It’s almost like Abby and Meghan had a discussion and Abby agreed to be the biggest ass today.

Meghan - “Why are you interrupting each other?”   HA HA HA HA HA!!!  That Meghan!  What a card!

• LOL 10
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, pianogirl73 said:

MM- to Abby, Sunny, and Joy - "stop interrupting each other."

MM- " now I have to bring up memories from my deceased father's campaign."

Whoopi- "No you don't."

AH- "I feel like I'm being ganged up on."

Then Meghan said “welcome to my world.” Did you see that look Whoopi shot her? It was only for a second, but it looked like she wanted to say something. 

Meghan is never going to take the backlash from her behavior seriously because ABC apparently doesn’t take it seriously. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Did I read somewhere up thread the MM walked off?  I didn't see that?

I think that was me.  After the segment after the smackdown, as they were going to commercial she swiveled on her chair and looked like she was walking off the stage.  But they went away from a shot of the panel, so I'm not sure if that's what actually happened.  But I'd like to imagine it happened 🙂 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I think Sunny and Joy know that Abby doesn't know what she's talking about, which is why they turn to her and try to get her to see this. She does have moments of clarity, which is why I think they try with her more than Meghan. I feel like Sunny and Joy are not arguing with Abby, so it's different.

Joy doesn't turn to Meghan, but she still tried with Abby. Abby's nonsense comes from ignorance and backstage while Meghan is something else.

I still think they needed someone who was a progressive leftist on the show. They are missing that viewpoint more than anything.

• Love 16

The “Meghan’s interrupting people” thing is a little unfair, IMHO. This isn’t an AA meeting; it’s supposed to be a conversation. Maybe they all need to learn how to make their points without speechifying and applause-wrangling and then maybe it won’t seem so OMG HOW RUDE when they interrupted. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JayD83 said:

I tell ya, the old adage "be careful what you wish for" could not be truer right now for me.  As much gruff as I gave Jedibila, I damn sure miss her now.  

I definitely don't. She was worse than Abby, as far as lying and pretending to be something she isn't. At least McCain is openly repulsive for everyone to see.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I definitely do not. She was worse than Abby, as far as lying and pretending to be something she isn't. At least McCain is openly repulsive for everyone to see.

While she's worse than Abby (especially with the shit eating grin she would sprout when she *knew* her "facts" were bullshit) - she's not worse than MM in that she could actually cut loose and have some fun.  That's a foreign concept for MM. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I think Sunny and Joy know that Abby doesn't know what she's talking about, which is why they turn to her and try to get her to see this. She does have moments of clarity, which is why I think they try with her more than Meghan. I feel like Sunny and Joy are not arguing with Abby, so it's different.

Joy doesn't turn to Meghan, but she still tried with Abby. Abby's nonsense comes from ignorance and backstage while Meghan is something else.

I still think they needed someone who was a progressive leftist on the show. They are missing that viewpoint more than anything.

Everybody on that panel is afraid of the term of Progressive leftist. So, they would never allow that to happen. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

She obviously was coddled as a child and that has made her an adult who is unable or more likely unwilling to listen to and be understanding of someone who has differing views.

Maybe her early childhood is to blame.   What year was she born? What years were her mother's "problems" with her medical-aid charity?  Who's taking care of widdo Meghan?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, 27bored said:

Maybe they all need to learn how to make their points without speechifying and applause-wrangling and then maybe it won’t seem so OMG HOW RUDE when they interrupted. 

I'm probably jaded by now, but it rarely seems rude when the others interrupt.  It has become a way of life on all of television. UGLY.  Maybe because the others can stop on a dime and Meghan can't control herself.

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Meghan is never going to take the backlash from her behavior seriously because ABC apparently doesn’t take it seriously. 

Disney/ABC execs seem to relish it.  They probably send a little gift whenever they're particularly pleased.  Let's watch her shoulder or earlobes for new baubles.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, 27bored said:

The “Meghan’s interrupting people” thing is a little unfair, IMHO. This isn’t an AA meeting; it’s supposed to be a conversation. Maybe they all need to learn how to make their points without speechifying and applause-wrangling and then maybe it won’t seem so OMG HOW RUDE when they interrupted. 

Well, the reason the show operates this way is because McCain interrupted incessantly in the first year she was there. That's why they started having a speaking order with McCain going last. McCain can't speak naturally or organically, so this is the only way the show can function with her on it at all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Mldyold said:

I wonder if Ana thinks she is a true Conservative?   I perceive Ana as having an issue with the Constitution not being adhered to by her party which should make her a big C, like other guests that have been on the show this year (Geo Will).

I agree.  I think we've forgotten what a conservative/R used to be before the R's took such an extremely hard right turn.  I think Ana is that kind of R--a more moderate/traditional R who isn't afraid to disagree with her party and keep them on the right path.  MM's implication seems to be that you can't disagree that much with your party and still be a member.

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I'm probably jaded by now, but it rarely seems rude when the others interrupt.  It has become a way of life on all of television. UGLY.  Maybe because the others can stop on a dime and Meghan can't control herself.

Meghan usually waits until the end to speak, so I don’t know that she simply can’t control herself. Methinks some people want Meghan to be a sweet li’l lady and wait her turn because they’re not really trying to hear what she has to say anyway.

12 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Well, the reason the show operates this way is because McCain interrupted incessantly in the first year she was there. That's why they started having a speaking order with McCain going last. McCain can't speak naturally or organically, so this is the only way the show can function with her on it at all.

It’s not like Meghan is the only person who ever interrupts anyone; she gets interrupted too. Plus, and I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but when you have three liberals and one Nice Person, there’s no reason to interrupt if you’re all saying the same thing and agreeing with one another. Meghan is the only one who may have a hot take that goes against the grain, so she’s the one who has to try to get a word in edgewise.

6 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Only if Joy were pissed off 90% of the time ... and presented her points in an angry and superior manner.  Joy, a comedian,  presents sarcastically, with humor (that not all of you appreciate).  Meghan is an angry, unhappy, never satisfied, "never appreciated," princess who thinks she's perfect--so there's no reason to improve.  In my most humble opinion, of course.

Joy’s ebullience is due to being in a safe space. She can crack wise and the audience will cheer. Put her with a group of conservatives who aren’t here for her Eff Trump energy and she may not be as light-hearted. Conversely, Meghan on a show of other conservatives might actually seem more friendly and upbeat because she’s not always on defense. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Did you guys notice how Abby made a snide remark about Liberals when she was asked to defend her beliefs. They all do that, you are not allowed to ask them why they believe what they believe. As soon as you do that, they play victim.

I don't think Jedediah or Paula ever did that, Jed actually defended the ladies when people trashed them after she left the show. She called Sunny as soon as she found out she was pregnant. I loved the bond between Paula and Joy. They really enjoyed each other's company. Unlike the sourpuss we have now who cannot relate to anybody who does not share her worldview, sad!

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 18

I missed the first couple of minutes, because the local weather broke in. I found it online, in case anyone else wants to watch. It will probably get deleted soon, but it's here, while it lasts.

Meghan is so effing phony with her, "But I'm hyper-conservative" nonsense. What happened yesterday had nothing to do with her ideology.

• Love 11

I don't see MM as constantly having to be on the defense.   She sees herself that way, but only because most of the other women have different opinions, and Meggie sees non-agreement as an attack.   ----    She herself has said negative things about DT, so the others attacking him shouldn't be a personal affront to her, yet it always is.   She's even hedged her bets about Uncle Lindsey a few times,  so same thing.   Anytime Joy or Sunny or Whoopie says something that she viscerally disagrees with (which is practically everything), she starts screaming bloody murder about being the lone conservative, republican, whatever, because she sees every dissenting thought as a personal attack on herself.    Why can't she just say "I disagree based on this evidence, yada yada yada?"   But she turns everything into her own personal soapbox Look At ME! moment.   And speaking of soapboxes, I'll get down off of mine now.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • LOL 2
  • Love 22
6 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

My actual reaction to NutMeg comparing herself to the Mother of Dragons and Breaker of Chains on Twitter:

200.gif

Do you mean the woman who was obsessed with who her father was and who murdered anyone who wouldn’t bow down to her?  Great inspiration, Meg.

So she was going to filet Charlize because the producers of Bombshell also did Game Change?  Meg didn’t utter a peep during the first segment with Charlize. I thought maybe she wasn’t even at the table. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 13
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Do you mean the woman who was obsessed with who her father was and who murdered anyone who wouldn’t bow down to her?  Great inspiration, Meg.

At least Dany didn't whine half as much as NutMeg does.  (The final season doesn't count)

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Meghan has a shit-eating grin on her face.  Do you suppose the talk at the top of the show was done at her behest? 

Calm down yourself, sister!

"...painful memories from my deceased father's campaign".  Cue the dramatics.

I checked, and according to the internet, John Weaver resigned from McCain's campaign, as he had said he would do, if the then campaign manager, Terry Nelson, was replaced (which he was).  Not fired.

I had never heard that Steve Schmidt was fired by or left the McCain campaign;  He became the campaign manager in July 2008.  If true, the internet doesn't know about it.  I'm going to say - not fired.

Meghan sounded like she said "fired by my father's campaign" three times.  The only other person they mentioned, who worked on political campaigns, is Rick Wilson, who did create a pro-McCain (actually anti-Obama) ad for a super PAC, but didn't work on the campaign, So also not fired.

Was she implying that not voting for her father because of Sarah Palin was unethical, or could her "unethical" accusation have been a reference to cooperating on the book Game Change?  I don't recall if Steve Schmidt has said if he voted or who he voted for; I know Nicolle Wallace couldn't bring herself to vote for McCain because of Palin.        

"There's an innate distrust between, I think most conservatives but particularly conservative women in Hollywood".  Poor Charlize, not feeling her best and having to make sense of both this and Abby's convoluted question.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Megs does know that The Mother of Dragons actually went insane at the end, right?   Both "tough chicks" who were yes, obsessed with their deceased fathers and felt entitled to inherit the mantle of his power/importance.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

I changed the channel barely 2 minutes in, right after listening to the condescension spouted by both Whoopi and Meaghan.  Those throwing the tantrums are the ones needing to calm down!  I am so weary of their nonsense.

On a positive note, I tuned back in to watch the Charlize Theron interview.  She’s absolutely stunning as well as being a fine actor.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, 27bored said:

Joy’s ebullience is due to being in a safe space. She can crack wise and the audience will cheer.

When Joy had her own show she’d frequently interview conservatives and did just fine. She was the same Joy she is on this show without having backup from a panel.

18 minutes ago, 27bored said:

Conversely, Meghan on a show of other conservatives might actually seem more friendly and upbeat because she’s not always on defense. 

Eh. There are numerous clips online of Meghan on panels while she worked at Fox News. Her attitude was still pretty nasty back then even though she rarely received push back from anyone. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, 27bored said:

It’s not like Meghan is the only person who ever interrupts anyone; she gets interrupted too. Plus, and I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but when you have three liberals and one Nice Person, there’s no reason to interrupt if you’re all saying the same thing and agreeing with one another. Meghan is the only one who may have a hot take that goes against the grain, so she’s the one who has to try to get a word in edgewise.

Except the three "liberals" (I don't agree that's what they all are) don't agree uniformly with one another. They aren't the same any more than Abby, Ana, and McCain are the same. I like Abby and Ana. Only McCain is a problem with her interruptions and rudeness. The only time anyone even comes close is when Whoopi randomly snaps at Sunny out of jealousy. And it can't be her viewpoints that are the problem because Abby says the same things she does without her issues. Same for Elisabeth back in the day. McCain actually has more support than Elisabeth did (her only "backup" was Sherri...) and acts much, much worse than her.

• Love 23
9 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I personally think they should do away with the morning meetings and blue cards and their phones. They need to sit down at that table at 11 am and Whoopi is given a list of the topics and conversation starts.

Agree 100% and I made an addition!

I really, really hate when they bring up the "morning meeting".  Sunny is the worst.

The morning meeting, blue cards and phones are their crutch. The wouldn't survive without them.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Eh. There are numerous clips online of Meghan on panels while she worked at Fox News. Her attitude was still pretty nasty back then even though she rarely received push back from anyone. 

She was always hateful even at Fox.  They treated her like an annoying child, so it was not worth it to give her any push back.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

I wish I could "heart" this a million times.  

• Love 16
38 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

When Joy had her own show she’d frequently interview conservatives and did just fine. She was the same Joy she is on this show without having backup from a panel.

Again I’m referring to a panel, not a show led by Joy. And I’ve seen Meghan on other panels and whatnot and never have I found her to be nasty. But that’s just my opinion.

34 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Except the three "liberals" (I don't agree that's what they all are) don't agree uniformly with one another. They aren't the same any more than Abby, Ana, and McCain are the same. I like Abby and Ana. Only McCain is a problem with her interruptions and rudeness. The only time anyone even comes close is when Whoopi randomly snaps at Sunny out of jealousy. And it can't be her viewpoints that are the problem because Abby says the same things she does without her issues. Same for Elisabeth back in the day. McCain actually has more support than Elisabeth did (her only "backup" was Sherri...) and acts much, much worse than her.

Whoopi, Joy, and Sunny...are blue state liberal Democrats. Period. I’m not saying they’re always in lock step with one another and literally have no differences, but they’re usually in lock step with one another as it pertains to the main issue they discuss as far as politics are concerned. Plus, Ana, Abby, and Meghan might be nominally Republican, but like I said, they all hate Trump, and with Ana, I mean, you’d be hard-pressed to find her saying Republican-y things in any medium she’s on. All three are tepid examples of conservative women in media, and the only reason stands out is she’s a bit more outspoken in sharing her conservative views. Hence she’s a big bitch. 

21 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:
12 minutes ago, PennyPlain said:

So much this.  No one is picking on McCain because she's the vocal conservative speaking out against a panel of likeminded people all parroting a party line,  They aren't!  McCain is obnoxious, plain and simple, and she'd be just as obnoxious if she were talking from the other side of the political divide.  No one else behaves like she does and it's not because they are all walking in lockstep and patting each other on the backs!  Far from it.

Yeah, I disagree. Meghan’s never going to endear herself to the View’s audience because of her political affiliation. I think Meghan gets more hate than any other co-host and having to sit on the show and constantly be the contrary one has probably made her more defensive than she is by nature. She’s a lot of things but I don’t think from a personality perspective she’s any worse than any of her co-hosts. I think Abby is the nicest, that’s it. 

I remember when Elisabeth was on the show and she was routinely derided as being a bitch too (Elisabitch???) and she was way less pugilistic than Meghan. I mean, it’s the reverse Halo Effect, really. Any conservative woman on this show who dares to be at all assertive in her opinions is going to be derided as a bitch, and many of those people are going to swear it has nothing to do with her political views, it really is just her personality and lack of manners. This is why I keep saying the show’s format is unfair to MM and Abby. They should understand that and at least try to mitigate a little instead of always setting them up to play the spoiler to the running commentary.

• LOL 2

I was kind of bummed that Whoopie apologized. It just seemed that to me that why should she when she was just trying to get the discussion some cohesion (I don't know if that's the right word) compared to M&M calling Joy a birch (which to me was worse), MM was not forced to apologize.

I do not understand MM's animosity towards the Republicans who wrote the opportunity ed piece and the ones who worked on the movie. I realize that they did participate in the movie about John McCain's campaign but I thought he came across in a positive way.

And again this - "my deceased father"

Just now, pinguina said:

I was kind of bummed that Whoopie apologized. It just seemed that to me that why should she when she was just trying to get the discussion some cohesion (I don't know if that's the right word) compared to M&M calling Joy a bitch (which to me was worse), MM was not forced to apologize.

I do not understand MM's animosity towards the Republicans who wrote the opportunity ed piece and the ones who worked on the movie. I realize that they did participate in the movie about John McCain's campaign but I thought he came across in a positive way.

And again this - "my deceased father"

Eta: correct cspelling

• Love 13