Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/16/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

i saw something about Adam Driver walking out of an interview because they showed a clip of his movie, was that on this show?

He wasn’t on this show but they did talk about it. Adam is super critical of his own work so he avoids watching his movies. 

• Love 2

There must have been another interesting meeting this morning, or maybe yesterday after the show.  

Yesterday MeAgain was smug and snarly.  Whoopi was frustrated.  Joy was not happy.

Today Whoopi was all light and airiness, running into the audience for photos on the breaks.  Joking around and laughing out loud during the show.

MeAgain was timid, restrained even.  No lashing out at her cohosts, no chiding them for interrupting each other, no head flips, eye rolls toward the audience.

Joy was also much more like herself.

Abby was talking about how the letter could have been written to help Trump and MeAgain rudely interrupted her bestie to tell her to forget about this neverneverland where the President is a normal human

MeAgain did try to rat-a- tat-tat her political analysis, quoting a completely irrelevant quote from Pelosi, and zooming through some stats to pronounce the Dems will not get what they want, saying to Joy that she knows Joy wants him taken out in golden handcuffs.  MeAgain just doesn't get the point; for a political analyst she is pretty dumb.  They have been trying point out to her and Abby (and this includes DeNiro) that they must follow the constitution and impeach, and that it is their duty to do so. Even knowing the Senate will not remove him.  They do it at political peril, possibly, but that is why they are doing it, because it is the right thing.  MeAgain keeps trying to tell the dems that they should follow her advice. 🤣

When they went to commercial break MeAgain looked at her phone while Joy, Abby and Whoopi engaged in conversation.

• Love 15

This is somewhat interesting, where an insider says that Whoopi was maybe shutting down MeAgain because she was "schooling" them when she said to Sunny that she is an ABC political analyst.

https://pagesix.com/2019/12/17/behind-the-scenes-of-whoopi-goldberg-and-meghan-mccains-blow-up-at-the-view/

This article covers the bit I posted about earlier, that MeAgain is missing the point, and says that Whoopi schooled her.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/12/the-views-meghan-mccain-gets-schooled-for-insisting-impeachment-doesnt-matter/

• Love 4
6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

When Abby was talking about how she got taken advantage by someone on the phone pretending to be Apple, all I could think was how people on this forum are always calling her an airhead. I couldn’t help but laugh, even though I hope nothing bad really happened to her. I was just like—of course she’d fall for something like that.

I thought what a dumb ass.  I don't answer any phone calls unless I know the caller. They willl leave a message if it's important. Scary that people get Joy's number and call her house.

Once had a co worker's mother get a scam phone call saying she won publisher's clearinghouse.  Luckily my coworker went home and stopped the crooks from getting any money from her mother.

Edited by howiveaddict
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, bannana said:

This is somewhat interesting, where an insider says that Whoopi was maybe shutting down MeAgain because she was "schooling" them when she said to Sunny that she is an ABC political analyst.

https://pagesix.com/2019/12/17/behind-the-scenes-of-whoopi-goldberg-and-meghan-mccains-blow-up-at-the-view/

This article covers the bit I posted about earlier, that MeAgain is missing the point, and says that Whoopi schooled her.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/12/the-views-meghan-mccain-gets-schooled-for-insisting-impeachment-doesnt-matter/

I don't buy that BS explanation.  Sunny is an ABC Legal Analyst and when she says it, Whoopi doesn't tell her to "Girl, stop talking, stop talking now".  

• Love 7

They all look nice today.

Did a congressman really compare Trump to Jesus?  I mean, really?

Meg is actually making some sense with the Dingle conversation and for once can point to an equivalence to her own family. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

One of the most genuinely moving moments on the Amazing Race long ago was a stop at the slave embarkation site in Ghana. I can’t imagine how deeply emotional being there in person would be.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 14

Apparently, Meghan thinks Gabbard is the ballsiest person in the entire House.  For not taking a stand.

Abby - "This is about you, not me" to Greta.  Meghan, in a million years, would never realize this, much less say it.

• LOL 10
  • Love 8

I am glad that Meghan took over for the sputtering Whoopi trying to talk about Trump's disgusting comment about John Dingle. Meghan spoke up and also told us her mother reached out to Deb Dingle. Give credit to Meghan on this one. 

• Love 12

Re: Tuesday's show. Whoopi's incoherent rambling is getting on my last nerve. Her mini-apology tour was bad enough, but the impeachment preaching reached a new high (low?). She continued with her pontificating in the Charlize Theron segment. That "wise old woman weave" has literally gone to her head,

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 12/18/2019 at 11:39 AM, Bronzedog said:

I'm really worried about myself.   If Sunny isn't all that smart, I'm a real dumbass.

Being smart means you can’t and won’t just carry the water for one side irrespective of what that side says or does. It means you understand how to call balls and strikes. And, it means you don’t leave it up to others correct blatant details of the issue you’re discussing because it doesn’t jibe with your narrative.

Sunny has said way too many times that she doesn’t understand how Republicans won’t impeach Trump but they impeached Clinton. She’s been corrected, at least once, that Clinton lied under oath. So, Sunny, that’s why they’re not in favor of Trump’s impeachment! Just simplifying it down to “the President did something wrong” and expecting the same reaction is, well, not something a smart person would do. There are levels to it. Plus, Sunny was a prosecutor. Her point is like saying, why would a prosecutor give a press conference on a murder trial but not speak up about someone cheating on their spouse? After all, they’re both wrong! This is...not how smart people think. And for a long time I’ve felt Sunny was just dumbing herself down because this show is very surface, but she hasn’t had an opportunity to use her brain in awhile, so I think she’s actually lost some IQ points.

One other point Is like to make. Well, two. First of all, I’m tired of them saying that no Republican has tried to defend Trump on the issue as if that means something. They’re defending him by voting against impeachment! They’re not trying to tidy up his image so they can bring him home for the holidays. It’s telling they want impeachment to be a referendum on him and not on the Ukraine thing. Just because they can’t compartmentalism doesn’t mean other people can’t.

Second, Meghan said Trump lost any good will he had by saying what he said about the man who died. Oh, Meghan. Everybody didn’t grow up with John McCain as their father. Pointing out that Trump said something tacky and mean is sooo 2016 I could vomit. She’s gotta stop calling herself a conservative who won’t be quiet and start acting like one. She uses Trump’s lack of manners as a crutch to hop aboard the Trump hate train, and saying something about a veteran irrespective of why, is her ticket. But in the end, nobody’s buying it. 

Edited by 27bored
Just now, blondiec0332 said:

No, that will always be something that is wrong.

As a matter of political commentary, it’s tired. And while I watch this show because I genuinely like seeing women discuss current events and like to hear their opinions, I can’t think of anything that enforces more negative stereotypes about women than the View taking the time to chronicle every unkind word or shady comment or angry tweet from President Trump, especially apart from any larger context so it just looks like he had no rhyme or reason for saying those things besides being a meany-head. And cross-reference their prickliness over Trump’s personality with how they handle disagreements on this show or social media backlash. It’s all condescension, dodginess, “you need to calm down”, and defensiveness (“w-well, you wouldn’t say that if we were men!”). 

10 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

He continues to say awful things like attacking a dead man who never did anything to him.

3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Calling out someone who insults people is not a political commentary. It's the right thing to do. 

Not if you sit by and watch it happen to others without speaking up (like all of them do). Not if you yourself do it all the time (like Joy does on a daily basis). And not if you’re simply doing it to virtue signal (like all of them do). It’s more a matter of convenience at that point.

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Calling out someone who insults people is not a political commentary. It's the right thing to do. 

Agree so much with your comment. Missed this week again watching the hearings and have to find all the clips to see what everyone is commenting on! 

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Yes, thank goodness. Whoopi sometimes sounds so confused.

All the ladies looked nice today. Is this their last 2019 show?

Maybe they were going to a Christmas party after the show!

• Love 1

I’m shocked McCain didn’t have a tidal-wave-sized tantrum today considering she had two earlier this week when impeachment hadn't even happened yet. Maybe she’s saving it for when Whoopi’s not there to put her in her place.

The sad thing is the only thought that went through my head when she spoke only for the Dingle topic (and was pretty much the only co-host who got to) is that she must have demanded behind-the-scenes to have that one all to herself since grief is her brand these days.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Its live TV, Whoopi stumbled , and so Meghan asked to take over. I think that was the right thing to do

I dont. Missy was just waiting for a chance to jump in and that was it.  Nothing was wrong with Whoopi.  She had a moment of mushmouth.  Not1hing she couldnt recover from.  Every time i open my mouth it hits me.   At least she showed enough class not to fight over it and just let MM have her moment.   Pick your battles kinda thang.

• Love 19
On 12/18/2019 at 11:04 AM, TheGreenKnight said:

I missed the first 15 minutes today. I tuned in right when Sunny was saying what everyone is thinking about the table’s fanning out over Yang. I’m surprised she had the guts to say that because she had to know it would piss Whoopi off. I almost thought it was a re-run. I was wondering why they'd be wasting time talking about Yang? The interview was really wonderful--thanks in large part to McCain's absence. Could you imagine how the interview would've gone with those questions about Joy's lasagna or the issue of motherhood on the show with her there? She would've been shrieking about how she wants the lasagna and that she has no children.

When Abby was talking about how she got taken advantage by someone on the phone pretending to be Apple, all I could think was how people on this forum are always calling her an airhead. I couldn’t help but laugh, even though I hope nothing bad really happened to her. I was just like—of course she’d fall for something like that.

Oh man, i hope she didnt give any personal info

18 minutes ago, Tammee said:

I dont. Missy was just waiting for a chance to jump in and that was it.  Nothing was wrong with Whoopi.  She had a moment of mushmouth.  Not1hing she couldnt recover from.  Every time i open my mouth it hits me.   At least she showed enough class not to fight over it and just let MM have her moment.   Pick your battles kinda thang.

Yup, she just wanted a chance to bring in her mother

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
On 12/18/2019 at 10:25 AM, Bronzedog said:

The only reason Whoopie likes Yang is because she thinks she'll get something free.  If he got into office and raised taxes, which he'd have to in order to give money away, she'll be the first to complain.

Hmm i wonder if hes ever coming again..mighta got scurrrrreed.   I would

Ask him how he plans to fund that service.  Im sure  hes had that question a gazillion times.   People wont pay extra tax for it, its thats for sure.

10 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Missy was just waiting for a chance to jump in and that was it.

Meghan wanted to show off how special her family is because they were involved in the story after the fact.  While it was very thoughtful of Mrs. McCain to call Congresswoman Dingell, didn't Meghan say the congresswoman was the one who reached out to her(Meghan)?   

• Love 9

4 hours ago, Tammee said:

I agree. Whoopi has already had to give her the smackdown twice this week, so she just let it go. I don't usually associate Whoopi with class, but I guess sitting opposite McCain would make any woman come out looking like a lady.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I agree. Whoopi has already had to give her the smackdown twice this week, so she just let it go. I don't usually associate Whoopi with class, but I guess sitting opposite McCain would make any woman come out looking like a lady.

Hah absolutely.  Im sure MM prob heard about it after the show.  Or maybe playing with the toys got Whoopi merry again.  I bet MM did some apologizin' though

So was this the last new show til after Xmas?  I heard the shows get a month off!  WW isnt back again until this time next month.  Nice nice nice

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Tammee said:

So was this the last new show til after Xmas?  I heard the shows get a month off!  WW isnt back again until this time next month.  Nice nice nice

They filmed a 2nd show today to air tomorrow. They will be back Jan. 6

• Love 2

Meghan's tweet:

"The comments from Trump about Rep Dingell is utterly sick and cruel. I am sending strength to the Dingell family, especially his wife Debbie. Take heed in knowing he only attacks people for whom he is threatened by their great legacies. History will forever judge him very harshly" (emphasis added)

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

So Abby says she read  and loved Little Women, tells a major spoiler, (not for me because it's was a beloved childhood book that I have read many times) and then later twice gave the wrong name of the character who the spoiler was about. She even said the wrong name after corrected.   What an idiot. She looked like a fool to Greta Gerwig.  At least MM kept her mouth shut most of the interview.  I guess since the movie doesn't involve politics or her family, it was boring to her.  

Also glad MM wasn't there for the 1619 segment.  I was actually able to learn something without listening to her drone on.

• LOL 5
  • Love 15

I was majorly disappointed to hear both MM and AH say they would have voted "present." I suppose if they were d's, and they are not. IIRC no R voted "present."

I'm especially disappointed in tough chick MM .....you know, she is a political analysis. LOL

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

We haven't seen as much of Whoopie's ugly sweaters this year as in past years, have we?

Not really,  maybe two and then the knit ponchos ( listed as capes)  are in her Christmas line. 
Her other things are on Amazon and she’s posing in a sweat shirt.  

• Love 1