Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Am I the only one who thought Genie and Tad Martin overacted their scenes today? Especially Genie? I understand that they’ve been sequestered for months now away from her family but holy cow, girl. Cool your jets.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

that’s the very reason they’re in protective custody. Cyrus ordered a hit on them because he felt betrayed…🙄

Aha! Thanks - I guess I wasn't paying very close attention to Cyrus's scenes as I was getting tired of the mob-related discussions. I wonder how they figure when it will be safe to go home? If Cyrus is already in jail and able to recruit assassins, so what will be the criteria?

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, ciarra said:

What kind of hitperson decides strangling is a good method to kill two people?  Sure, you can be silent, but what was her plan if they were together?

Maybe she’s only being paid to kill Martin? I hope she fails because I really like having MEK on the show, southern accent and all😀

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Maybe she’s only being paid to kill Martin? I hope she fails

I think she fails, judging on the method used.  Plenty of time to rescue him.  A bullet to the head with a silencer would have been more efficient.  Poisoning?  But then you can't always rely on the person eating. 

And why do these two need a housekeeper?   Surely a house like that would have a laundry room.  And it wouldn't hurt the two of them to clean, seeing as though they have nothing else to do.  The fewer the people who know about the safe -house, the better.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm not sure having Wiley full-time is a happy ending, but that's me.

Nina would probably love it. She missed out on raising her own child and had a bad case of baby rabies. Also, she's made a lot of bad decisions lately. But someone really needs to save Wylie from turning into a Michael/Spencer hybrid.

Martin doesn't strike me as the kind of man to do his own laundry or cleaning.  All those divorces had to be for a reason.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It was a movie that was referenced every Christmas on OLTL; Frank and Ron brought it to GH when they moved to the show.

I thought Laura was going to say that she didn't want to see it because of being a teenager and Scotty rescuing her from a cult in time for Christmas (I think: hazy kid memories here), or that her birthday is around this time of year, but gawd forbid she shares a real memory with the sibling she's trying to catch up with -- at least, on camera.

I thought the Sasha actress had strong work today, especially with so few lines. It looked like she really needed a mother, and was feeling very lost. Obviously, I may be reading into the subtext, but either way she made an impression,

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I thought the Sasha actress had strong work today, especially with so few lines. It looked like she really needed a mother, and was feeling very lost. Obviously, I may be reading into the subtext, but either way she made an impression,

I find the Brando/Sasha baby story pointless, but I agree the actors have done a good job with it. They haven't chewed the scenery, which is very easy to do with a story like this. Of course, Liam hasn't been tocked yet.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

Is there some other baby on the canvas that could need organs?

Bailey/Louise. Donna.  Nina got pregnant by Sonny pointing his supersperm in her general direction and the baby will get the first in utero organ transplant.

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Bailey/Louise. Donna.  Nina got pregnant by Sonny pointing his supersperm in her general direction and the baby will get the first in utero organ transplant.

Bailey would make sense considering maxie heart condition but I doubt there going that route.

5 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

Bailey would make sense considering maxie heart condition but I doubt there going that route.

It would also be quite the coincidence if the one baby in town who dies is a match for the one baby in town with a heart defect.  I don't think they're related, unlike Maxie and BJ.  And Christina and Sam's baby (who were more related than we realized at the time).  

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I find the Brando/Sasha baby story pointless, but I agree the actors have done a good job with it. They haven't chewed the scenery, which is very easy to do with a story like this. Of course, Liam hasn't been tocked yet.

I had wondered if they would use huge medical bills for a special needs baby as a way to push Brando into Jason's old job but Brando imploding due to a tock works too. Dumb and predictable but it's not like they put a lot of thought into this stuff.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Am I the only one who thought Genie and Tad Martin overacted their scenes today? Especially Genie? I understand that they’ve been sequestered for months now away from her family but holy cow, girl. Cool your jets.

I kept thinking it would be funny if Genie busted out with “it’s ok Tad Martin!  Everyone’s vaccinated now!  It’s safe to go back!”  But yeah, she was over the top. 

• Love 1

Today's Notes

Ms Woo scares Carly, who was on the phone. She's because she has a meeting. We hear about Jason saving Carly when giving birth to Michael.  Don't care. Ms woo shows up and goes "Michael, you're going to brad's hearing." Michael is like "well i keep hearing that people are sorry for their crimes and I don't believe them so whatever.". (shut up you hypocritical greaseball). Carly is like Brad totally completely scum and deserves to full his sentence. (this coming from Carly is rich) but don't piss off Woo. Michael is like dad understands where i am coming from. Carly is like mehh i can't speak for Sonny we're not on the same page now. Michael goes "this is Nina's fault but it's okay! she's going to jail!" lol

Lisel is like you don't like nougat. Scotty goes "I like your nougat." (ew. also. lol). Britt is frustrated because they are legit just ignoring her. Scotty is like "we're sorry about jason." Britt is like we're long over. Lisel pffts her and wishes she had a chance to kill Peter. Nina shows up and goes no it's my fault, Britt splits. Nina is now saying it's her fault Jason died.  Lisel finds out about Nina's bogus charges. Lisel is like what is the charges. Scotty "Fraud." (me: there is no fraud). Nina goes if I called the police  Jason would be alive (do people forget that Jason was a hitman? like he would have died with hitman-y stuff). Lisel kicks out Scotty and goes why would i make you feel worse than Carly/Sonny does. Lisel says make this up to Britt. Lisel then goes You aren't a saint Nina, but neither is Carly and Sonny. so stop this mewling. (FINALLY).  Scotty comes back and tells Lisel the legal stuff. Lisel wants to know if Sonny struck at Nina. Scotty mentions Mike, and Lisel is like :O (and clicks in why Sonny didn't do anything).

Ms. Woo is in Britt's office. Britt is snarky. Woo wants a relationship. haha Ms Woo "I'm Selena Woo." Britt: "No way!" Ms Woo (deadpan) "Way." Ms Woo wants Britt to ditch Brad as a friend. Woo says "you are no longer needed, thanks for looking after him now and then." Britt is like like you are important?" Britt is surprised he's up for parole. Woo is like Brad needs to evolve. (so they are going to mob him and kill him? like whatever show0

Maxie: i want peter dead." Sonny: he needs to live. Sonny says Peter needs to live because of Louise. Maxie is like meh it's okay he doesn't know. think of Elizabeth (FIRST mention of Liz), and Drew.  And Jason! JUSTICE. Kill Peter!  Oh we find out why Sonny doesn't wanna kill peter, because of the stupid thumbdrive. You know the thing that has no power if he told Carly the truth. Sonny and Woo are now talking about taking out Peter. Sonny: he's a danger to society. Woo says she'll do it but it will cost him. Woo doesn't want the typical payment, she wants Brad's release. Sonny "Word's are cheap." Spits sonny. (you would know). Sonny (of course) has a guy on the parole board so he'll make them vote yes. Woo is like 1 vote is not enough. Sonny is like. I'm not going against Michael. Woo goes "fine i'll kill peter anyway." (Why? you're not getting anything from it really). Sonny goes. If Brad goes near Wiley or breathes his name there will be hell to pay. (I will pay good money if Wiley sees brad and screams DADDY!) lol. 

Maxie and Britt are dishing. they think Lisel + Scotty are gross.. yet cute. Maxie is all i talked to peter and I'm not scared of him. Nina shows up and Maxie goes "let's go get winehammered!" Britt is still standoffish with Nina.

Nik wants nookie. Ava is like no. She's is worried about the family.  She is worried about Mistah Sheffield's proactiveness. she wants Nik to spill all the tea. Nik confesses that Shawn didn't shoot Hayden. Ava's like whatever I knew that you did it. Ava is like no more secrets between us so you decide is it all or nothing. Nik chooses Ava. (and love scene time). 

The worlds stupidest hitwoman is still trying to strangle Martin. The worlds stupidest FBI agent hears struggling and goes. "HEY IS EVERYTHING OKAY THERE?!" then she pulls out a GUN and goes I'm coming! (so why didn't she just shoot Martin?!) Laura screams batter up and smashes Hitwoman's head... with plunger? lol okay show.  Laura is being stupid and goes Cyrus said he hired ONE assassin. and now she's gone so we can go home. Martin is like you are stupid. lol. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

The week's promo cracks me up when Sonny snarls, "Nobody needs to know that!" about Mike falling in love with Nina, and you know it's only because it will make things difficult for him. Stay gold, Sonny.

I like that Carly is a little unsettled by Ms. Woo. She should be! Ms. Woo is not to be trifled with.

Britt's face when she heard Scott and Liesl's love talk was hilarious.

I am so tired of Nina's "I'm responsible for the ills of the world" tour. Stop wallowing, you dope.

10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Laura screams batter up and smashes Hitwoman's head... with plunger? lol okay show.

That was pretty funny.

• Love 10

"Don't you think Dad would agree?" For someone who was raised in the mob, Michael has no idea of how the mob works. Or how his '"dad" works either. Dumbass.

Sonny is totally ineffectual. He can't even kill Peter, he has to get Mrs. Woo to do it. He's also stupid because Peter said that the secret will be out if he dies, not matter who kills him, Sonny or Mrs. Woo.

Mrs. Woo, you're failing me again. So it's fine to suck up to Carly and give your regards to "the family" but Britt is bad for Brad? Also you're pretty stupid to kill Peter for Sonny and not get any assurances in return.

KT's expression seeing Liesl and Scott canoodling, or canougating, were hilarious. She needs to do more comedy on the show, preferably with KG. Britt's scene with Maxie was good too.

Liesl was awesome today, between the scenes with Britt and Scott, and telling Nina to buck up and stop the apology tour. The show needs more of that as a counterpoint to the dead weight of the Corinthos group.

Loved the scene with Ava and Nik. So Lord and Lady Macbeth.

34 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Laura screams batter up and smashes Hitwoman's head... with plunger? lol okay show. 

It was nice see the old '90s Laura again.

• Love 10

Sonny, you're going to be the number one suspect no matter who actually kills Peter.

OMG, Wiley was loved and well taken care of. Michael had access to him, which is more than what Michael is doing with Nina. This harping on what everyone "lost" is ridiculous. And the Corinthos need for people to be punished as harshly as possible when they themselves whine about one night in the PCPD lockup is gross.

LOL at Nik's face when Ava told him she knew he had Hayden shot. If only anyone cared besides Shawn.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And the Corinthos need for people to be punished as harshly as possible when they themselves whine about one night in the PCPD lockup is gross.

Not even a night in lockup.  Jason being called in for questioning on any number of things had Carly storming over there and demanding to see him as if she was a member of a human rights organization and he was being waterboarded.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Katy M said:

Nina got pregnant by Sonny pointing his supersperm in her general direction and the baby will get the first in utero organ transplant.

Not only would that be a miracle menopausal baby but it would also be the longest gestational baby seeing as Nina kept Sonny chained to the radiator for NINE months and they've been home for  a few months already!!

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

KT's expression seeing Liesl and Scott canoodling, or canougating, were hilarious.

I think I made the same expression when Scott said he liked Liesl's nougat 😬

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Liesl was awesome today, between the scenes with Britt and Scott, and telling Nina to buck up and stop the apology tour.

YES! I hope Nina gets on the stand and tells how Mike said many times he had no interest in his past. 

Maxie if you get Louise back will you ever actually spend any time with her, or will she always be with Mac and Felicia like you other kids

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Maxie if you get Louise back will you ever actually spend any time with her, or will she always be with Mac and Felicia like you other kids

This succinctly shows why so many babies is problematic. I don't need to see parents with their kids, but it would be nice to have some lip service that the parents do spend time with them. 

• Love 4

Not Mrs. Wu trying to keep Britt and Brad apart!  Way to be a Sonny/Carly about it!  She best not interfere with my besties, though it could be fun watching these ladies go toe-to-toe.

I did enjoy, on the other hand, the "sisters" - Maxie, Britt, and Nina - heading off to guzzle wine.  Can we please see those scenes!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
On 12/9/2021 at 5:32 PM, movingtargetgal said:

Laura taking out the hit woman with a plunger was amazing.  She is such a badass.  

With one swing of her Mighty Plunger, Laura Collins showed all would-be law enforcers in Port Chuckles how it's done. Batter Up!

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

Jesus, Michael is insufferable.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised that someone who grew up the way he did thinks he can just state something and make it happen ("Brad needs to stay in jail forever!"/"Nina needs to go to prison for a long, long, time" *stomps foot), but that doesn't make it any less obnoxious.  Honestly, I'm going to laugh and laugh and laugh some more when the truth comes out and he tries to be all BIG ANGRY MAN to Sonny. 

Speaking of, dear god, Brad wants nothing to do with your precious grandson, you whispering asshole.  Why does the entire Corinthii think Wiley is some sort of prized pig at the county fair that they all must possess?  It's particularly ironic given it's them whose into the baby hoarding. 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

Sonny: Kill Peter for me.

Selina: Sure, but in return you have to ensure that Brad is paroled.

Sonny (clutching pearls): Do you have any idea what you're asking me to do?

Guy, you just asked her to kill someone. She wasn't just going to do it out of the kindness of her heart.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, CeChase said:

Doesn't Laura Wright get any vacation time?

Yes, when is that?  LOL.

13 hours ago, Blackie said:

YES! I hope Nina gets on the stand and tells how Mike said many times he had no interest in his past. 

The Corinthii could end up sorry they went so far as criminal prosecution.  Why wouldn't Nina take the stand and tell the entire story?  

LOL too true about Maxie/Louise.

• Love 4

Is GH's Peter August story supposed to be an "homage" to DOOL's Peter Blake story? They're so similar. 

(1) Son of the big bad supervillain. Insists he's nothing like his father. (2) His love interest is a blond mainstay of the show. (3) The blonde's ex who still cares for her doesn't trust the new guy, starts nosing around to find evidence of his crimes, and keeps telling the woman to open her eyes. She doesn't listen and says he's jealous. One difference here: Spinelli only occasionally visits; DOOL's Jack was main cast. (4) The blonde won't hear a bad word about Peter from anyone else either. (5) Memory-wiping technology plays a part in the story. (6) After a couple years of "Is he evil or is he really trying to reform?" Peter starts getting the unambiguous villain writing. Even his love interest turns on him.

If Peter August's exit is coming soon, both Peters will have lasted over four years and under five on their shows. 

Another similarity is that the guy playing Peter is involved behind the scenes with a woman in the cast. But the GH version isn't juicy.

Edited by NotMySekrit2Tell
  • Useful 2

Sonny will probably do something stupid, insult Ms. Wu some more, and she'll be "I'm not going to do you any favors,' and that'll be another six months of Peter.

I know Sonny's only competent employee had rocks fall on him and die but why can't Sonny kill Peter himself?  Sonny is such a wimpy mobster.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mirabelle said:

Sonny will probably do something stupid, insult Ms. Wu some more, and she'll be "I'm not going to do you any favors,' and that'll be another six months of Peter.

I know Sonny's only competent employee had rocks fall on him and die but why can't Sonny kill Peter himself?  Sonny is such a wimpy mobster.

As well as stupid. the reason why he's not killing Peter is because Peter told him that he has proof of Nina and "Mike's" kiss in NF and if he died it will be released on his death (which is so dumb because that is like assuming that (correctly) that Sonny didn't tell Carly. as in. if Sonny just told Carly, this has NO power on anyone).  So Sonny in his wisdom thinks if Ms Woo kills him, Sonny isn't a suspect (because you know he threatened him in a police station as the smart ass he is), and the secret won't come out.

Which isn't what Peter said. 

• Love 4

Just when one thinks that Michael and Willow cannot suck more than already suck, well they go ahead and suck even more.

What is it any of your concern that Chase and BLQ slept together, assholes? Chase wasn't with Willow. Willow had just been done sleeping with Michael for the first time. Chase didn't guilt Willow and Michael about falling in love. The writers either don't remember what they wrote or they don't like what they write and just change it. There is such a thing as continuity, writers, even on a soap.

Thank you for being such a big person Willow and getting past Chase being BL's baby daddy. What a dumbass bitch.

And Michael in his self-righteous anger. Nobody should ever ever be paired with Michael and frankly, Michael shouldn't even be allowed to be in relationships or be allowed to live in society. He, his mother and his sister should move to a deserted island and enjoy each others' company.

He's such an ugly character.

Anna all teary-eyed and almost weepy over Peter. Again. No thanks.

Is Ms. Wu about to become a contract character?

I enjoyed the twist of Brad being the one who poisoned Peter. I thought it might be him, but I wasn't sure. 

I guess baby Liam is done, or Britt had the long sad face just for the cliffhanger.

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Just when one thinks that Michael and Willow cannot suck more than already suck, well they go ahead and suck even more.

If only Ms. Woo would take out Michael. Ugh, he's unbearable.

I guess baby Liam is done

Of course he is; Sasha was way too optimistic today about him going home.

What is it any of your concern that Chase and BLQ slept together, assholes?

Seriously. It's none of their business. The self-righteousness of Willow and Michael would be laughable if it weren't so annoying.

• Love 14

As someone who has admittedly never been a Willow fan, I wish someone would come out and say that her judgement means nothing and to call her out for her own past transgressions. Why does Willow need to work on forgiving BL? This lie didn’t effect her in any way.

Those scenes were so bad because I know we were supposed to be rooting for Millow and I’m always baffled at how tone deaf the writers can be when they do things like this.  Like they aren’t good people and add nothing of value to other people’s lives. Can’t they move away with their boring kid and call it a day? I think they just did these scenes so Millow can absolve themselves over lying to Chase, which doesn’t mean much because Michael wasn’t sorry about it to begin with and Willow hardly was.

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, seasons said:

Too bad carly and Jason didn't end up having sex on their wedding night. Then she could be pregnant with his baby. That would have made a great storyline.

Jason doesn't have the supersperm necessary to impregnate someone of Carly's age on the first try with no extra help.

• LOL 6
27 minutes ago, seasons said:

Too bad carly and Jason didn't end up having sex on their wedding night. Then she could be pregnant with his baby. That would have made a great storyline.

I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

" I can't deny that my time away from you changed me." You know, Sonny, you're a better person for it. Maybe you should stay away from Carly longer and see what happens.

Is Sonny telling Carly how much he wanted to come home and be with her his way of softening her up to tell her about Nina?

Why is everyone blaming Nina alone for Jason's death? Anna and Valentin had years to neuter Peter and all they did was support him. Jason had chances too, and he didn't do it. And it's not like Peter has never escaped custody before.

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

So Sonny in his wisdom thinks if Ms Woo kills him, Sonny isn't a suspect (because you know he threatened him in a police station as the smart ass he is), and the secret won't come out.

Especially since Sonny just bullied his way into the police station to threaten Peter.

Presumably the fact of Peter's death will trigger whatever his plan is. How Sonny keeps his power as a mob boss, especially when Jason isn't around, is beyond me.

I don't like the twist that Brad poisoned Peter. For one thing, it puts him at risk for a murder conviction. For another, it makes Peter's death about Sonny and Jason and Carly rather than the people it should be about, Maxie, Nina, and their families, Anna and Valentin.

9 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Those scenes were so bad because I know we were supposed to be rooting for Millow and I’m always baffled at how tone deaf the writers can be when they do things like this.  Like they aren’t good people and add nothing of value to other people’s lives.

What might have saved those scenes is showing that instead of their amazing entitlement, Michael and Willow were angry because they feel guilty for having lied to and  cheated on Chase when he was so sick. But that would be too much to ask of this show.

Does Michael really think that Brad is going to kidnap Wylie? He's an idiot.

Michael and Willow constantly telling each other how wonderful they are is so gross.

27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If only Ms. Woo would take out Michael. Ugh, he's unbearable.

Can't be emphasized enough.

• Love 17

Also forgot to mention earlier but only on GH do we have a character as hot as Chase not having sex in over a year but is getting blasted by the town for pretending to sleep with someone for the second time. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

"Our kids are around the same age." What? Bailey is a baby and Wiley is what, 4? That's not really close. It won't matter in 20 years, but it's a lot now.

Wow, kissing Carly in the MetroCourt restaurant. That's very daring of you, Sonny.

Michael, why can't you forgive Brad? You won. You have Wiley. Brad went to jail. You look petty and vindictive when you insist he has to serve his whole term, not noble or tough or whatever it is you're trying to show. 

LOL that they dragged in the neonatalist, or whatever her specialty is. Will she have an emergency before she can tell Sasha and Brando their baby won't recover?

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

it makes Peter's death about Sonny and Jason and Carly rather than the people it should be about, Maxie, Nina, and their families, Anna and Valentin.

Peter's death was always going to be about Sonny, Jason, and Carly. After all, he hurt them the most. *rme*

• Love 7