Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Perhaps I’ve missed something but why do so many viewers think Sasha/Brando’s baby will die? Boy, I hope not. They’ll be good parents and we need a happy baby/parents story line now before Christmas!

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

My theory for the middle name Mike?  To give Max Gail a chance to appear as an angel at baby's Liam bedside.

I sure hope not. There are already way too many Corinthii and Corinthii cousins on this show and the last thing we need are dead ones to keep hanging around. 

I'd like to put forth the motion to call a group of Corinthii a plague.

Example: Nina is eating breakfast in her house when a plague of Corinthos walk in and accuse her of pre-stalking and threaten to call the police on her for breathing the same air as Wiley.

Edited by Mirabelle
  • LOL 18

Austin had terrible blood-taking techniques; he jabbed the needle in as if he were giving an injection rather  than sliding it in at an angle to maximize flow.  But it hurt Peter so it's good with me.

6 hours ago, Blackie said:

My original point is that Valentin has the money to buy a house and security to protect them but now I can't remember if he even has money.

When Valentin had control of the Cassadine fortune, he restored it and made a lot of money for himself which is how he could afford to buy up the ELQ shares.  Brook Lynn said that she researched him and he was a goid businessman which is how she justified giving him the ELQ shares.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Desperado said:

Or maybe I’m just... bored?

You are not alone. GH is quite boring to me right now, which is why I haven't been posting a lot. I catch scenes on YT of the characters I want to see but that's it. I have no desire to watch the entire show. All of the current plots need to wrap up or go to the next step already.

For instance, Esme has been around for months, and we still don't know her end game. I don't even know if she truly loves Spencer or not. She's working where Ryan is, right? So, what is the plan? Have they said yet and I missed it? Call me crazy but shouldn't we know by now?!! 

Why doesn't Carly know about the Smike/Nina romance yet? What are they waiting for? If Sprina is gonna happen, can we make some moves toward that? All baby switches are awful and need to end sooner rather than later but Chase's involvement is just dragging this one out even more!! Where are his parents by the way? Oh, and Liz's perpetual unresolved parental issues. . . . they just mention them but never go to the next step! 

I'm not very interested in GH right now. Hopefully, things pick up soon.

• Love 13

I saw Esme listed in an article as one of the characters on soaps who fans want to see gone, and I don't feel that way at all. I don't want to see her gone. The actress is good. She reminds me of a young Marcia Cross, where she's scary but you have no idea how far the character will go.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, lala2 said:

All baby switches are awful and need to end sooner rather than later but Chase's involvement is just dragging this one out even more!! Where are his parents by the way? 

I’ve seen then (separately) on Lifetime/Hallmark movies.  Actually the one his dad was on was really cute because there were like a dozen kittens in it 💕

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, lala2 said:

All baby switches are awful and need to end sooner rather than later

I don't really think all baby switches are awful to be honest. I honestly think if they were written properly (key words there lol) they could be very compelling. but what drives me crazy is that they basically always do the same thing, and that's what makes it relatively bad. 

I still think how AMC/OLTL did their baby switch was amazing (I had actually caught it near the end so i saw the entire fall out but it was what compelled me to continue watching AMC for the next few years, and i always try to find YTclips to basically watch it on both sides).I will admit re-watching it, the ending does stretch on when it could have ended sooner but it was still really compelling.. I also liked the ones on OLTL/YR, and DOOL had a good one with Sami/Nicole. 

This one sucks - because the only issue here is "We need to protect baby from Peter."
which you know, if Peter had disciples in town, or it was more split between. "you know Peter isn't that bad/Maxie is over reaction vs. Maxie's right/We've seen Peter being abusive etc etc." there would be more stakes. Or we see BLQ falling in love with the baby/Valentin (and valentin with her) and she doesn't want to give the baby back. or something. But BLQ is basically accepting her heart will be broken. Despite most people here saying all BLQ cares about is the shares, from the jump, BLQ said she does't care about that, BaileyLou's safety comes first as does Maxie's happiness.  Maxie refuses to tell anyone. and now that everyone is way too deep maxie is like. "Well we should just tell people now." That's what you should have done, I don't know several months ago. There was never no reason not to tell Valentin/Anna and they didn't put the stuff a lot of baby switches do that makes it like... you can see both sides of the coin - or neither side are real winners but the lie is too deep. this was just poorly executed. 

I've always said it would be interesting if a soap would do a baby switch - where it's not poof after a year it's over, and people knew from the word jump. but an actual "switched at birth" scenario where like years have gone by and you can have like a Solomon's Decision type storyline. or something. but they almost always do it like after a year, aha i knew it and babies get switched back. vs. having a toddler's opinion weigh in to any and all factors that the parents make). 

but ultimately like you said. EVERYTHING is being dragged out. even seeing this weeks promo they are gonna drag out the Nina/Sonny secret foreveeeerrr

• Love 3
On 12/3/2021 at 9:52 PM, Artsda said:

Carly says she's going to see Monica? Monica doesn't need you.

Also, would Monica really be back at work THE DAY AFTER she learns of her son's death?  I know that work can be a great distraction, but come on.  My son passed away unexpectedly in September and I didn't go back for two weeks, which many people said was too soon  

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

Is that really the responsibility of the co-chief of staff?

no. but I've long ago realized that ABC has no idea what chief of staff actually does in a hospital. 

15 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

Also, would Monica really be back at work THE DAY AFTER she learns of her son's death?  I know that work can be a great distraction, but come on.  My son passed away unexpectedly in September and I didn't go back for two weeks, which many people said was too soon  

no, i doubt very much so. 
and i am really, really sorry for your loss. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

I've always said it would be interesting if a soap would do a baby switch - where it's not poof after a year it's over, and people knew from the word jump. but an actual "switched at birth" scenario where like years have gone by and you can have like a Solomon's Decision type storyline. or something. but they almost always do it like after a year, aha i knew it and babies get switched back. vs. having a toddler's opinion weigh in to any and all factors that the parents make). 

I've always said this, too! It is so what I wanted for the Jessica/Starr baby switch on OLTL, for that to stay secret for years, until the baby in question had been SORASED to a teenager. (Not that the show ended up having that much time.)

• Love 5

Today's Notes

Oh Hi Laura, Hi Martin! They are playing video games lmao the guards thought they were in trouble and they were all like oops. They are getting infodumped about Mistah Sheffield. now laura needs to leave. 

You know, If peter has to be on the show, can he like never talk again? Carly wants to know what Peter knows. Once again the guard is dismissed by someone not wearing uniforms or authority and the police is like okay sure. Peter snarks, and Carly slaps him across the face. The cops finally have enough and leave. Now Carly snarls on Nina. Carly the mob moll who always uses mob violence instead of calling the police asks Nina why she didn't call the police and called Lisel to deal with peter instead. HYPOCRITICAL COW. Now it's Nina's fault that Jason's dead. Sonny the coward is like 'i'm not defending nina - but Jason's death pushed her over the edge"

LMAO. Carly goes I reacted the same way when YOU died. Sonny claps back. "YEAH YOUR HUSBAND." Carly visibly looks like she got slapped. and i had to laugh so hard. because Carly is taking Jason's death a lot harder than Sonnys. 

Does willow even know drew? anyway Drew is getting info dumped. Willow shows up. Michael shows up and has this whole :O it can't be you. (okay again I missed most of the Drew Years but was Michael close to this guy?).

hahaha Nanny shows up with Bailey and goes "he's ready for daddy" and Willow's brains explode. Willow is upset that Chase and BLQ were together and Chase is like NOOOOOOOO. and BLQ goes "hello, standing right here.' 

hehehe Drew and BLQ are all like I can't wait until Peter is dead/killed whatever, and Chase is like. HELLOOO. COP RIGHT here. BLQ shoots back not for 6 months. (this friendship is awesome). Bailey is so small. Drew is going to go GI JOE to find Louise. 

Mistah Sheffield shows up on Wyndermere. Ava and Mistah Sheffield are charming the pants off each other. Mistah Sheffield has done stuff to hayden (sohe's probably the one who killed her mama)

Sonny is like "you are so much nicer now." honestly this crap coming Sonny pisses me off. now Britt and Sonny and talking about jason and carly's relationship

you know. maybe if you told your wife everything Sonny, this situation wouldn't be here. Willow overhears that the timing isn't right and no one needs to know. Willow's brain explodes again. (I know it's soapy, but i always love how people just stand there when people are having a serious conversation. they never just walk away or go "hi you are talking pretty loud and i hear you." nope just stand there and listen to the tea being spilt)

I'm so glad Michael goes to his mother and dad instead of his grandmother when learning about Jason's death. swell guy that Michael. 

• Love 6

LOL at Sonny's reaction to Britt's condolences about Jason: "Yeah, what are ya gonna do?" he shrugs. You'd think he'd still show a bit of emotion about it given Jason was supposedly his bestest bestie who ever bested.

It cracks me up that everyone is so surprised that Drew is back from the dead when a) no body was ever found, and b) Sonny returned from the dead what, a month ago? No one in Port Charles has any historical perspectively, obviously.

I'm rewatching Fringe, and there was an episode where Astrid meets her alt-uni counterpart and she screams, and Olivia says, "I always wondered why no one did that." I feel that way about everyone seeing people returning from the dead.

• LOL 5
53 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I've always said this, too! It is so what I wanted for the Jessica/Starr baby switch on OLTL, for that to stay secret for years, until the baby in question had been SORASED to a teenager. (Not that the show ended up having that much time.)

that's what i was thinking of - (though i wish it had been Starr's baby who died. Jess had been through the wringer). dead honest with you, i think it would have been better for all involved had they done the Wiley baby switch and no one knew anything until Wiley was like 6-7-8 - or even 10-11-12+ (and firmly knew who "Daddy/Daddy" was and wanted nothing to do with Michael/Willow etc). Would Lucas have been so easy to be all "Whatever, here take the kid?" and so on, so forth. 

• Love 4

Today's episode: Jason, Jason, Jason, Sonny&Carly, Jason, Jason, Jason, Victor, Jason, Jason, Laura and Martin.

Carly orders Office Delmonico to step away for a while so that she can talk to Peter. Good to know who  the PCPD takes their orders from.

Willow overhears Sonny and Nina talk about their relationship. What will she do? Who is she more afraid of, Sonny or Carly?

Laura thinks that she can protect Nikolas and Spencer from Victor. Nice to know that she still worries about Nik inspite of being angry at him but what makes her think that Spencer is going to listen to her?

• Love 6

I like that Britt still holds a grudge against Jason for choosing Carly over her. As she should.

Willow's got nerve getting bent out of shape that BLQ and Chase are coparenting, "like Michael and I once were." You're with your supposed dream man, Willow, so keep the judginess to yourself. Your behavior with Chase wasn't exactly above board.

Michael, Jason has "died" before, remember? I think you'll all bear it.

• Love 10

This show is so annoying.

This is not theatre and you are not Lawrence Olivier, Peter.

Drew needs to take a break. Are we done with the grand tour and him telling everyone how he admired Jason? And now he's making it his mission to find Louise. Dude, please. Go take a nap. A long one if you don't mind. Thanks. 

Thank you, writers for making me dislike a character I loved. You really suck for this. 

Fun scenes with Uncle Victor, Nikolas and Ava. So nuncle took care of Hayden and had her mother killed. And when did Sam come close to the truth about Hayden? I just remember her dropping the investigation to go to Greece and never picked it up again. 

Shockingly, I thought that the Britt/Sonny scenes were good. I'm finding this version of Sonny more likable. I still hate him, but his character is better than he used to be.

Michael can go ahead and die. Of course Willow knows all about Sonny and Nina now. Like the secret needed to be held by someone as self-righteous as her and Nina's over the top declaration about the purest love of all. Please! Purest love! Gag me with a spatula.

Willow correcting the nanny was just so obnoxious. She's THE NANNY, she knows which child belongs to which parent. Also, the BL and Chase's relationship is none of your business. They don't owe you an explanation. Your greaseball is in the living room.

I don't care for Carly's grief. Or anyone's grief for that matter.

Hit woman going after Laura and Martin. I don't hate this at all and I enjoyed their scenes. If truth be told, while I knew that Laura was coming back, I still completely forgot about her and Martin.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
42 minutes ago, Daisy said:

that's what i was thinking of - (though i wish it had been Starr's baby who died. Jess had been through the wringer). dead honest with you, i think it would have been better for all involved had they done the Wiley baby switch and no one knew anything until Wiley was like 6-7-8 - or even 10-11-12+ (and firmly knew who "Daddy/Daddy" was and wanted nothing to do with Michael/Willow etc). Would Lucas have been so easy to be all "Whatever, here take the kid?" and so on, so forth. 

Because I’m a Brad (and Brucas) fan, I would have loved for him to NOT have been involved in the switch. What was the point in making him a part of it anyway? I’m not sure an on-screen “villain”  was needed anyway. They didn’t even deepen Brad’s bonds with Michael, etc. to make the reveal worse. They showed some conflict/tension with Lucas, but Brucas were basically side players in their”own” story. 

I will never not see Brad’s inclusion as TIIC ruining Brad just to do it. It was completely unnecessary to the story. The same story could have played out with Brad being an innocent party too. The only character impacted was Lucas, and they didn’t focus on him anyway so if Brad hadn’t known, Brucas still could have faded into the background like they already did! Nothing would have changed. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Willow correcting the nanny was just so obnoxious. She's THE NANNY, she knows which child belongs to which parent.

Especially because Willow returned from a trip 10 minutes earlier. Things happened while you were gone, Willow. Maybe shut up for a minute? I am so bummed I hate Willow now, because I loved her with Chase before that hopped the track into Stupidtown. Proximity to the Corinthii ruins everyone.

19 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't care for Carly's grief. Or anyone's grief for that matter.

Same, but I'm enjoying Sonny's growing irritation with how much Carly is grieving Jason. Too bad the irritation won't be enough for him to spitefully tell her about Nina. He's such a wienie.

I'm loving the guilty looks BLQ and Chase keep exchanging every time someone mentions Maxie losing Louise. It's very soapy in a good way.

I hope we see Sonny trying to threaten Peter into staying quiet.

• Love 10

As a Drew fan who liked miller but was feeling just fine with Cameron’s portrayal when Drew was locked up, I’ve been underwhelmed since he returned to Port Charles. He’s boring and one dimensional. 

Everything is too neat and tidy with him. It’s giving me Hallmark feels. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5

Hahaha I legit laughed out loud a bunch of times at Mo’s portrayal of Sonny today.  Like first while comforting Britt he was literally like “eh, people die what are ya gonna do” and then with Carly when she was walking away all pissed and he just rolled his eyes like “women am I right???”  I have to say I am enjoying this version of Sonny but he needs to man up and tell Carly about what happened with Nina.

I do not like the name Liam Mike.  It’s two nicknames and they don’t fit well together.

Willow had some nerve being all judgey about Chase and Brooklyn.  Glasshouses and all that.  Did Willow have some sort of friendship with Drew?

I don’t have a problem with the age difference between Maxie and Drew but I didn’t see any chemistry there.  To me Maxie is extremely immature and her whiny voice gets on my last nerve.

Genie Francis has the most beautiful skin.  I really don’t think Nik needs Laura for anything though, unless it’s more judgements.  And Laura please simmer with the whole “I gave Cyrus a chance” bullshit (not that he deserved one).  She emasculated him at every opportunity and then acted all shocked when he turned on her. Give me a break.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Or we see BLQ falling in love with the baby/Valentin (and valentin with her) and she doesn't want to give the baby back. or something.

When this story started, that’s exactly what I thought would happen. Either because BL became too attached to the baby, or because she wouldn’t want to lose her leverage with Valentin. At the time, nobody else knew the truth, and Maxie had no proof of the arrangement. It could have evolved into another storyline where everyone thinks Maxie is crazy and she has to scramble to get people to believe her. (Of course, a blood test would do it, but we know how those go on this show.) Meanwhile, Valentin becomes unwittingly complicit in a kidnapping and BL’s deception becomes more layered and complex.

I just think any variation of that idea would have been more interesting than listening to “we have to protect the baby from Peeeterrr!” for months on end.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Actually the one his dad was on was really cute because there were like a dozen kittens in it

Yaaa I have this on my PVR right now 😻

Loved that Sonny told Carly she was starting to lose it 🤣

So now are we going to get months of Willow saying "its not my secret to tell". 

• Love 3

A few questions and observations:

How is Laura able to still be mayor? While some of the work could be done remotely, I would expect that there's still a lot that has to be handled in person.

Sonny is no diplomat - telling Britt she seems ... "nicer" now. Too bad Britt didn't toss that "compliment" right back at him - "Yes, and so do you."

Does Willow think she has the right to feel even a little betrayed by Chase and BL's pretend ONS? After she literally cheated on him when they were married? BTW have they ever actually gotten divorced or annulled?

Carly is going off the rails - slapping a prisoner in front of the cops? I would be surprised if Peter's lawyer (assuming he has one) doesn't push to have Carly arrested for assault. Peter couldn't defend himself. If Nina can be arrested for that bogus "ID / Lying / Whatever" charge, surely Carly could be arrested for an actual criminal offense, no matter how awful the victim is.

• Love 8
On 12/4/2021 at 7:29 PM, Gam2 said:

Perhaps I’ve missed something but why do so many viewers think Sasha/Brando’s baby will die? Boy, I hope not. They’ll be good parents and we need a happy baby/parents story line now before Christmas!

Because its GH and no one can be happy. Sasha and Brando are one of the shows most stable couples who deserve happiness. But, you know they will pull that shit from under them

I am really feeling this new Sonny. Maybe because he is over Carly's bullshit as much as we are.

Also, if we are going to gove Britt more female friends, go Liz. One because its not Carly.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Especially because Willow returned from a trip 10 minutes earlier.

I thought it was hilarious that they've been gone two days and in that time, Jason died, Drew came back from the dead, Brasha had their sick baby, Chase is now Bailey's father.  It's like Millow checking their watches and being all, 'how long were we gone'.  

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

This.  also, I get a laugh everytime, Drew says there was no sign of life under the rubble, because Jason's a cyborg and all.  

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

So nuncle took care of Hayden and had her mother killed.

And that's how the writers write themselves out of the "Nikolas is responsible for everything" corner that they were heading down.  Nope, not Nik's vault but mean old uncle Victor is responsible for all of it.  

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

And when did Sam come close to the truth about Hayden? I

If anything, Curtis and Portia were getting closer before they got side tracked and dear old dad came back from the dead.  

Lovely to see Laura (and MArtin) again.  Now that the unvaxxers are gone from the set, Genie could return.  I'm not sure what kind of story we have available for Martin though, now that it looks like they might be heading down the Alexis/Shawn road.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

My son passed away unexpectedly in September and I didn't go back for two weeks, which many people said was too soon  

My condolences.  My sister in law passed suddenly Nov 22nd after not responding  to bone cancer treatement.  Funeral was last week.  My bro in law had plans to go to work today because he said he can't sit at home and stare at her pictures on the walls all day.  

1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

When this story started, that’s exactly what I thought would happen. Either because BL became too attached to the baby, or because she wouldn’t want to lose her leverage with Valentin. At the time, nobody else knew the truth, and Maxie had no proof of the arrangement. It could have evolved into another storyline where everyone thinks Maxie is crazy and she has to scramble to get people to believe her. (Of course, a blood test would do it, but we know how those go on this show.) Meanwhile, Valentin becomes unwittingly complicit in a kidnapping and BL’s deception becomes more layered and complex.

I just think any variation of that idea would have been more interesting than listening to “we have to protect the baby from Peeeterrr!” for months on end.

RIGHT?! (so i mean i thought it was a fresh of breath air that BLQ was always team best for Bailey) but now it just makes it more of "Maxie is just stupid.  Forget that this show bends itself backwards to make peter this master mind and working w/Mistah Sheffield. 

Maxie has:
Felicia: an action hero mom.
Mac:  cop dad
Robert: DA/Spy Godfather
Anna: Spy Godmother
Lisel: murderous mother in law
Dante: cop good friend.

the minute BLQ said do you want the baby back, she then had
NIna (who knew). and then VALENTIN who would have been all Cassadine-y about it. the only reason why it went on this long was because of Maxie

quite franky now Maxie going on and on how this is hurting so many people. well sweetie that's on you considering  BLQ was like we can end this and tel Valentin. Liar Liar Pants on Fire Nina was like the same thing. but now it's all. "Well now Val can't protect Bailey Lou so it's over now."  this show loves shooting itself in the foot. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cheetara1986 said:

Because its GH and no one can be happy. Sasha and Brando are one of the shows most stable couples who deserve happiness.

I think it is way too soon to give them a baby. Are they even a couple? They were flirting, slept together and then she was pregnant. 

• Love 4

Cameron Mathison has been surprisingly tolerable as Drew so far (I still have Ryan Lavery issues), but that's going to change if all he's going to do is wander around town singing hosannas to the memory of Jason Morgan: Fallen Hero. Dude, maybe focus on the daughter who doesn't remember you?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I think it is way too soon to give them a baby. Are they even a couple? They were flirting, slept together and then she was pregnant. 

That’s because the actress who plays Sasha got pregnant in real life. So naturally Sasha should have gotten knocked up too!🙄🙄🙄

They became a couple after Sasha got pregnant as a result of their one night stand.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Has no one yet thought to tell Elizabeth about Jason's death?

Or Jake. You know, Jason's older son.

I think it was hilarious of Willow to go all "like Michael and I co-parented" 🤯  She's worried that it will make Chase and Brook Lynn become a couple; maybe she's becoming like Carly and wants to keep Chase for herself even though she's sleeping with Michael.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Proximity to the Corinthii ruins everyon. 

Too true. See below:

3 hours ago, Hater said:

As a Drew fan who liked miller but was feeling just fine with Cameron’s portrayal when Drew was locked up, I’ve been underwhelmed since he returned to Port Charles. He’s boring and one dimensional.

I don't blame CM, the writing is awful. When Drew is not singing Jason's praises, he's takingon the sainthood mantle and vowing to find Maxie's baby. Michael walked in talking about a work meeting and Drew didn't even ask about it. If he had, he might have found out that it was his company, Aurora, that Michael was running.

3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

And Laura please simmer with the whole “I gave Cyrus a chance” bullshit (not that he deserved one).  She emasculated him at every opportunity and then acted all shocked when he turned on her. Give me a break.

This can't be said enough. Cyrus is a bad man but so is Sonny. Laura endlessly praises the latter while disparaging the former.

3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Carly is going off the rails - slapping a prisoner in front of the cops? I would be surprised if Peter's lawyer (assuming he has one) doesn't push to have Carly arrested for assault.

She also haranged Cyrus when he was cuffed to his hospital bed.

It's Carly. Nothing will ever stick even if they arrest her;  she gives orders to the cop in charge of Peter and suffers no consequences of her behaviour.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I think it was hilarious of Willow to go all "like Michael and I co-parented" 🤯  She's worried that it will make Chase and Brook Lynn become a couple; maybe she's becoming like Carly and wants to keep Chase for herself even though she's sleeping with Michael.

As a "welcome to the family" gift Carly passed down her well-worn copy of Hoarding Men and Children for Dummies. 

And why, why, why is she the one who had to hear about Sonny and Nina?  This really shows how little story Millow has that this secret is somehow going to be something that drives them apart.

Also, IDK if it's the lighting or the make-up, but LW turns a terrible shade of terra cotta when she's upset. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Fun scenes with Uncle Victor, Nikolas and Ava. So nuncle took care of Hayden and had her mother killed. And when did Sam come close to the truth about Hayden? I just remember her dropping the investigation to go to Greece and never picked it up again. 

I loved those scenes. I really love Nikolas and Ava's frequent habit lately of laying it on thick with the sarcastic/passive-aggressive "darlings" when they're trying to cover how irritated they are with something the other has done. It was really nice seeing them as a united front in of Victor and working together to come up with a plan after he left.

4 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I’m never going to buy this Britt/Carly friendship they’re clearly heading towards. 

And, now it looks like she's cultivating a friendship with Sonny, too. She seems more enmeshed in the Corinthos world than she was when she was Jason's almost girlfriend.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Michael's grief is understandable, but yeah, it was ridiculous that he was questioning how they could manage without Jason. Even before Miller was "Jason", Jason was gone for awhile and they all moved on with their lives.

3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I thought it was hilarious that they've been gone two days and in that time, Jason died, Drew came back from the dead, Brasha had their sick baby, Chase is now Bailey's father.  It's like Millow checking their watches and being all, 'how long were we gone'. 

LOL.

I got a kick out of wondering if WR went sort of method and did little things to annoy LW in real life (like leaving the toilet seat up too often) so she could put some oomph into that slap.

• LOL 2
On 12/4/2021 at 3:00 PM, Corvino said:

Well, if I were a man, emotionally invested in a kid, and a woman told me she had been sleeping with me and another guy around conception time and the other guy was the father, I'd want to know how she knew which of us it was, and not just take her word for it (especially when we had no love relationship and I couldn't trust her word) but get it proven for sure. And of course what I really want is to see his reaction when he finds out Brook Lyn is not the mother.

Yes, that was one tiny, tender baby for the eternity she's been around!

Yes, I remember when Sarah Brown got pregnant right after Carly's pregnancy storyline where she had Michael with A.J. while with Tony. With all the fuss about Michael's paternity and how at two weeks old he couldn't stand his father and HAD to be cared for by his zombie uncle, they couldn't possibly have Carly get pregnant again so soon, so they shot around her belly for a while and then bundled her off to a psychiatric facility till SB was figure-appropriate again. They certainly should do things like that with the next three pregnancies by current actresses; we have a baby glut right now and it has to stop.

Three current members of the cast are pregnant?  

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I got a similar impression from Willow. Not only did it feel like the writers were dropping another not so subtle anvil about BL and Chase, but that Willow didn't seem to particularly like the idea of them as a couple.

And now missy overheard a conversation that was not meant for her ears, so got to wonder what she'll do with it. First problems she has with Michael, the person she'll run to will be Chase.

Also, I can't even remember if Drew and Willow ever crossed paths. 

• Love 4

So Nina just had to tell Sonny that the love that they had in Nixon Falls was the purest love that she ever had.

Not for heroic baby brother J.

Not her nephew of said dead brother

Not Charlotte who was the first child that she got to mother after her coma and finding out that she lost her baby.

Not Sasha whom she believed for a year or so was her long lost daughter.

Not Nelle who she found was her long lost daughter.

Not her only grandson Wylie.

The purest love she has ever felt was with a cipher of man who had no idea who he was.

Shut up Nina.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, nilyank said:

So Nina just had to tell Sonny that the love that they had in Nixon Falls was the purest love that she ever had.

She was comatose for 25 years.  It's not that she has a lot of relationships to draw from.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Not for heroic baby brother J.

Not her nephew of said dead brother

Not Charlotte who was the first child that she got to mother after her coma and finding out that she lost her baby.

Not Sasha whom she believed for a year or so was her long lost daughter.

Not Nelle who she found was her long lost daughter.

Not her only grandson Wylie.

The purest love she has ever felt was with a cipher of man who had no idea who he was.

Shut up Nina.

Probably just comparing him to Silas, Franco, Valentin, and Jax. When characters tell each other "You're the love of my life" or "I've never loved anyone like I've loved you," you don't think "What about your parents/siblings/children/best friend/pets?"

• Love 8
9 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I’m never going to buy this Britt/Carly friendship they’re clearly heading towards. 

I, too, am giving that association some major side eye, but if it gets Britt a more prominent place on the show, then I’m all for it. (I expect more of a frenemy relationship, actually. This is Carly, after all.)

• Love 3
11 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

What a terrible loss.  You have my sympathies.

• Love 8