Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

All I want for Christmas is to see Mrs Wu kick Michael’s ass into next year while Willow watches and waits, knowing she will be next. 

Fixed that for you.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
On 12/13/2021 at 11:38 AM, Winston Wolfe said:

Thing is - and not to get political, just speaking factually - given the current climate in this country, Covid ain't going anywhere in the immediate future. That's bad news overall, but it does keep St. Jasus away from us. It just occurred to me what a Ginormous Arsehole Steve Burton must be IRL.

If don’t even care I’m just happy Steve Burton and Jason will be off my screen for the foreseeable time being.   

Another comment on the Liam story, I like that it’s bringing in people we don’t normally get to see as much, like Lucy. Her talk with Sasha was really great. Her thoughts on motherhood were so spot on. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't get how the show thinks we're supposed to be on Michael's side when he storms into places demanding that people he dislikes leave. Or running across someone in the park and telling them they have no right to be there. 

Just like his mother--yet another person we're supposed to root for and yet many have the exact opposite reaction.  

13 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Am I really supposed to side with Willow over Brook Lynn? Willow has nothing to be angry about - she wasn't hurt by the lie over Bailey's supposed paternity.

The entire Corinthii Clan storming around town condemning everyone else for their sins is fucking rich.  

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

Am I really supposed to side with Willow over Brook Lynn? Willow has nothing to be angry about - she wasn't hurt by the lie over Bailey's supposed paternity. Willow should be just fine with it, and then chatting about it with her friends, but she was in no way wounded or hurt by the lie.

It's jealousy, plain and simple, I think. So she's taking it out on Brook Lynn even though this has absolutely nothing to do with her. Like none of this concerns her.

She had this expression on when Harmony told her how she was living her truth. I don't think Willow is living her truth. I think she got swept up in something and she is slowly starting to come down. 

But honestly, STFU Willow. You made your bed. And double shut up over your Brad non-issues and how unbelievable it is that Brad was paroled when you disagreed with Michael that Brad should be in jail longer. Selective memory much?

And Michael coming in like a wrecking ball. Hey, Michael, you should stamp "property of" across Wylie's forehead, then lift your leg and pee all over him to make sure that your territory is marked. 

I will never forgive the writers for what they did with Wylie. Baby gets adopted by gay couple. They did everything by the book only for the baby to die and for this godawful storyline that we are still stuck in could happen. 

Aunt Selena is funny. The way she played her exasperation to seeing the Britt/Brad reunion was so unmob-like. And the way this tiny woman stood and stared down Michael was priceless. She might as well have scraped him off the bottom of her shoe.

That said, her interest in Brad is odd. But I will take it and I will take her quiet menace anytime. 

The yoga scenes were really off and came off as insincere for some reason. Like they weren't good at all.

I'm always down for the Davis coven scenes. And I really want to see more of Alexis and Harmony. 

Finn, close your legs. 

If Chase and BL make out or have sex in the steam room, well I wouldn't be against it and it would not the worst thing in the world.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

The writers have to know Michael is ridiculous, right? And that Willow, a once perfectly delightful character, is now horrible? They have to know those two are reprehensible. How can they not?

When was this? :p

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Am I really supposed to side with Willow over Brook Lynn? Willow has nothing to be angry about - she wasn't hurt by the lie over Bailey's supposed paternity. Willow should be just fine with it, and then chatting about it with her friends, but she was in no way wounded or hurt by the lie.

I honestly don't understand how I'm supposed to be rooting for Michael either. This show confuses me.

i'm telling you. today felt like watching Carly in action. Willow doesn't want Chase but no one else can have Chase. i don't know the dumb timeline but whenever BLQ was with Chase (like staying w/him) she and Michael were already like "we wuv each other." 

Sorry she's not part of the family. hell. Michael isn't even part of the family, not in my books anyway. every part of him is Corinthos. Willow isn't friends with Valentin. She's barely friends with Chase. all that was missing from BLQ's clap back was that you cheated with Michael and I supported you through your stupidly selfish decision, I do something wrong and you are judging me like it's the end of days.

there's like legit only 3 places to eat in this town. Metrocourt, Kellys and the Grill (or and I guess Tan-O 2.0). like. you're going to see people you don't like. You don't have the right to get up in their face and go "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE."  "I WILL END YOU." 

like the show just needs to commit Michael being a mobster instead of this corporate phony. As much as i hate carly at least we see her working. all this guy does is run around town yelling at people for being where he doesn't want him to be. 

• Love 12

"Never speak my son's name again. Or I will end you." I wish Brad had said, "Wiley, Wiley, Wiley!" to  Michael's face. Ugh, Michael is so intolerable. No one died and made him king of Port Charles.

3 minutes ago, ulkis said:
9 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

The writers have to know Michael is ridiculous, right? And that Willow, a once perfectly delightful character, is now horrible? They have to know those two are reprehensible. How can they not?

IMO, when she first got together with Chase, before the blight of Michael occurred.

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I thought she was cute with Chase and knocked it out of the park when Chase had to tell her that her baby had died. But, Michael, who has whatever the opposite of the Midas Touch is, got involved and now she gets to be in the same group as Michael, Carly, Sonny, and Joss.

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

IMO, when she first got together with Chase, before the blight of Michael occurred.

I agree.  I liked Willow in the beginning.  She was a teacher and had issues with Nina over bratty Charlotte.  Then she got together with Chase and they were such a real couple, hanging out in their pjs and just being normal.  I actually really enjoyed everything about her until she hooked up with Michael.  I wish she would have been given the opportunity to process her cult life and her baby dying, but she just pushed it down and now she’s just a Carly clone/wannabe.

This was a couple days ago but I liked the Finn and Liz scenes. “I didn’t know I needed a hug.”  Aww!!

32 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Aunt Selena is funny. The way she played her exasperation to seeing the Britt/Brad reunion was so unmob-like. And the way this time woman stood and stared down Michael was priceless. She might as well have scraped him off the bottom of her shoe.

Loving her.  She’s so deadpan.  Michael is so pathetic I actually laughed at him during that scene and especially saying he will end Brad if he speaks Wylie’s name.  Ok there, tough guy.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 9

I wish someone had given an eloquent statement to the parole board that a guy who beat a woman to death should stay in prison longer. Yes, it was to "protect his mother and his baby sister," fine. That doesn't take away the fact that he pranced around bragging about it afterward. He talked about how he would take care of other people who crossed the Corinthoses the way he took care of Claudia Zacchara. That little shit could not have been more pleased with himself. 

• Love 13
26 minutes ago, Tenshinhan said:

Why exactly was Sam so cranky today? I really didn't understand that acting choice

I think KM leans into acting bitchy when she should soften things in her scenes, especially in Davis Girls scenes. Maybe it’s intentional but I thought it was a weird choice when she later stated that she’s worried about Alexis 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I thought she was cute with Chase and knocked it out of the park when Chase had to tell her that her baby had died. But, Michael, who has whatever the opposite of the Midas Touch is, got involved and now she gets to be in the same group as Michael, Carly, Sonny, and Joss.

Midas turned things into gold and Michael turns things into shit.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, Michael is so intolerable. No one died and made him king of Port Charles.

I also rolled my eyes during his speech to the parole board about how Brad should stay in prison because he was a danger to the people of Port Charles.  As if immediately upon getting out Brad was going to start roaming PC stealing babies.

Shut up, Michael.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

It won't happen, but I'd like Sonny to tell Michael to knock it off with the threats, especially with regards to Brad and Ms. Wu. Sonny will deal with things if necessary. Besides, when Michael threatens violence, he's not the one who does it. He asks Sonny to do it. So Michael can sit down and STFU.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I also rolled my eyes during his speech to the parole board about how Brad should stay in prison because he was a danger to the people of Port Charles.  As if immediately upon getting out Brad was going to start roaming PC stealing babies.

Shut up, Michael.

the hilariously sad thing is - Michael does legitimately have a right to be upset and wish to see brad in jail and everything. Brad did him a great harm. but instead of just being... graciously upset (for a lack of a better word) - but more of. yeah. he knows that Brad also lost a child, and at the time maybe it made sense. but he let it go on for a year, he robbed me of time with my child that I can't get back and while he even may feel sorry - i just feel for the damage he has done  - robbed me of time i just asked that he doesn't get less time for his crime. short, simple and no grandstanding. 

then you know. when he runs into brad the first time, had he nicely (well curtly yet politely) asked to speak to brad, and just explained how he felt - and he didn't want brad near him or Wiley, and if Brad went all BUT... then  be like Look. (and be all threaty mcthreaterson.). but brad has shown nothing but sorrow and remorse for what he did and all michael's actions does is to make you wanna root for the person who did him wrong. (same with this stupid Carly/Nina crap). 

• Love 6

Brad has paid for his crime in more than one way. He lost Wiley, he lost Lucas, he lost his freedom. Michael insisting that Brad be denied parole, when Michael has EVERYTHING, just screams of pettiness and vindictiveness. Brad continually shows remorse, where all Michael can do is insist on how terrible a person Brad is and how letting him out on parole (which, how early is it, really. A year? Eighteen months?) is the worst possible thing that could happen to Michael.

• Love 19

My theory is Ms. Wu doesn't have any kids of her own and Brad's her closest relative who could take over the family business so she wants to groom him for that.

I mean, Brad as a mob kingpin ... Ms. Wu does not understand how that will go lol.

ETA: It would be nice to hear the GH music that plays whenever something funny is happening more. I used to refer to it as the "Lucy Coe" music because she was usually the comic relief and can't see much of that with the BRAIN DEAD BABY so let's do Brad cosplaying a Mob Boss and get something fun going.

Edited by threebluestars
  • Useful 2

To echo y'all, SHUT UP MICHAEL.  Giving Ms. Wu grief about using her influence/leverage on the parole board...hey, how did you manage to get Nina strung up on charges, you turd?  She should have gutted him where he stood.

And also, SHUT UP WILLOW.  She must be taking lessons from her MIL because she was such a hypocritical bitch today.  "When I did it, it was okay, but when you did it, it was the evilest thing ever!"  Ugh, I wish Brook had slapped her face off.

Moving on to positives, I loved my besties being reunited!  And I loved all the bitchy step-tos with Britt and Selina.  And I really loved Britt both standing her ground with Selina and letting Brad know that his aunt attempted to interfere in their friendship.  So good!

It was hard to tell given how quickly the show raced past it, but what we heard about Lucas (who?) made it sound like he's still in town, and even possibly still works at the hospital, which makes his absence from all these proceedings extra ridiculous.  But yes, I don't want the show to keep Brad hung up on Lucas as an excuse to make him sexless.

The sauna reminded me of similar scenes with the awful Ford brothers on "One Life to Live".  And then Chase and Brook getting locked in, very soapy and tropey.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

Auntie Wu is my favorite - Michael chirps ‘I will end you Brad’ and baby-stomps out of there only for Auntie to take him down a million pegs with just the look on her face.

Steamy Chase 😍

I have the same pink wool coat that Willow wore today.  Should I burn it before I become a prissy self-righteous cow?

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

I have the same pink wool coat that Willow wore today.  Should I burn it before I become a prissy self-righteous cow?

don't blame the coat.Pink wool (AKA JEALOUS!!!!!!) is awesome. now if you know someone like carly. RUN. AWAY. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I loved Willow’s coat and Olivia’s coat today. I’d be happy with either one of them (or both). On the other hand, I’d like the slap the crap out of Willow. How dare she act so sanctimonious to Brooklyn?

• Love 11
4 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Are they trying to make the entire Corinithii as bitchy and shrill as SheBeast?  They’re certainly going there with SLS.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, threebluestars said:

My theory is Ms. Wu doesn't have any kids of her own and Brad's her closest relative who could take over the family business so she wants to groom him for that.

I mean, Brad as a mob kingpin ... Ms. Wu does not understand how that will go lol.

ETA: It would be nice to hear the GH music that plays whenever something funny is happening more. I used to refer to it as the "Lucy Coe" music because she was usually the comic relief and can't see much of that with the BRAIN DEAD BABY so let's do Brad cosplaying a Mob Boss and get something fun going.

Maybe she wants to push him into producing a blood heir.  That might be Brad’s storyline.  A gay man forced into a heterosexual relationship agains this will.  Maybe that’s why Selena doesn’t want Britt around as a dissenting voice.  It would also make Brad more sympathetic and could serve as part of his path of redemption.

it would probably be the most creative thing this writing team has done in awhile.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Random thoughts from today's show;

- Kristina is the only Davis girl who isn't messing with her face. 

- Can Chase do all his scenes in a towel sitting in a steam room? 

- Michael to Selina after she said she did nothing to influence the parole board: "We'll see about that?"  Little man, maybe look to your Daddy as to if any influence was exerted.  I mean, why not?  We know all your threats are essentially "I'm gonna tell my Dad to get you, and you'll be sorry."  Also, don't you have a job?  Hey, Drew, get to work on that.

- Willow has become so unsufferable.  The utter gall of her acting like the reason she's angry with Brooklyn is because of "the family."  Girl, please. 

- I want Alexis and Harmony to become the best of friends if only because it will tick Sour Sam off.

- I liked all the ladies' yoga outfits, but Elizabeth's was totally my style.  I actually think Terry and Portia gave her decent advice.

- Brad and Britt: Besties Forever!  Also, love that Britt doesn't give a crap that Auntie Selina doesn't like her.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

And Michael coming in like a wrecking ball. Hey, Michael, you should stamp "property of" across Wylie's forehead, then lift your leg and pee all over him to make sure that your territory is marked.

That is what Carly did to Jason.  Like mother like son.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Shut up, Michael.

If Michael is that big of a protector of the safety of PC citizenry, perhaps he should March down to GH and strangle Peter in his hospital bed.  Which actually sounds quite entertaining.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

If Michael is that big of a protector of the safety of PC citizenry, perhaps he should March down to GH and strangle Peter in his hospital bed.  Which actually sounds quite entertaining.

It will be the only time I ever root for Peter. At least all of PC knows that Peter is dirt and scum. But according to the whole world, Michael is as white as the driven snow. He's such a good guy. He so smart and he's so pretty and how dare anyone thread on that defenseless puppy.

I'd throw Peter a parade if he killed Michael. I wish Michael had gone to Greece and that the tunnel had caved in over his head.

• Love 8

I honestly don't think I would have even recognized Molly today if she was not in the context of the Davis clan. Ease up, girl! I miss her more unique original face. Also, I've seen less make up on drag queens.  

Meanwhile, Brit was looking gorg today. 

• Love 13

Michael, are you really threatening (hah!) Ms. Wu? Seriously? This woman had 2 mob bosses detonated like a wedding present for Jason and Carly. Think she's going to quake in her boots because you don't like Brad?

Willow has lost her mind. Obviously, she is jealous of what she believes to be the connection between Chase and BLQ so she's trying to make out how awful BrookLyn is. How does she have so little self-awareness?  She needs to get her annulment (has that gone through yet?), marry Michael and settle down to boost Michael's ego for the next X years. She is not the arbiter of wrongdoing. Let BLQ figure out her own problems, let Nina work through her issues, take care of Wiley and try not to run afoul of Carly and you might be able to have a comfortable life. 

• Love 6

I think Willow is jealous and is trying to justify her anger towards BL but it’s coming off as hallow. Banging Michael doesn’t make her a Quartermaine and she certainty isn’t in a position to be the family spokesperson. Hell Michael is barely a Quartermaine himself which makes it especially funny. Willow is giving me Carly vibes when it came to Jax post divorce. Doesn’t want him but wanted to stay his #1.

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 8

Someone upthread asked what the point is to the Brando/Sasha baby story. That’s easy…it’s Emmy bait. This is the show’s last chance to come up with an Emmy reel, and nothing tugs at the heartstrings more than a dead baby…or at least that’s their hope.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, threebluestars said:

I at first thought she might be his bio mom who gave him up but I think the actors are about the same age. 

My dream would be for her to kill Michael, even if it starts a mob war. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think Willow is jealous and is trying to justify her anger towards BL but it’s coming off as hallow.

And justifying her anger by using the "family" rings even more hollow since everyone has basically moved on and is fine with Chase being the father.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Besides, when Michael threatens violence, he's not the one who does it. He asks Sonny to do it. So Michael can sit down and STFU.

Michael has killed two people underneath his belt.

Sam stop bitching about people who are working in you PI business as they will end up doing all the work anyways.

BLQ is usually covered up so I wonder if she will actually remove her jacket while stuck in the steamroom.

Only on this show do grown adult with children acting living tweens over their first kiss together.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I remember Michael killing Claudia, who else did he kill? 

I feel so bad for Monica because I think Michael is on the road to becoming an active part of Sonny's "business".  I really despise SLS but I don't want to see Monica lose her grandson.  

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I remember Michael killing Claudia, who else did he kill? 

Didn't he kill some "baddie" at his apartment?  My memory is vague.

Michael wiki Crimes committed.

Fugly dress, Britt.   The color (goose poop), the style (I hope dolman sleeves aren't back), the granny booties. 

Harmony carries a dozen wrapped presents, but has no friends or close family?

Edited by ciarra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I stopped watching in disgust right when they were pivoting toward the Michael/Willow pairing (I see I didn’t miss much there) and only just started up again. I know this isn’t a hot take on this board by any means, but I really don’t understand what other people find appealing in Carly and now Michael’s special brand of entitled shouty asshole. The caveman like rigidity of opinion and smugness is so off putting when they can’t back it up with any hint of charisma  or likability. They’re such repugnant characters, I’m siding with the guy who basically kidnapped a baby for Christ’s sake. 

i think one of the many problems with Michael and Willow (beyond Willow seemingly losing any sense of self) is a fundamental misunderstanding of what made Chase and Willow work. Willow just isn’t that compelling a character, and Michael is dry and bland in a way the CEO son of a mob boss really shouldn’t be. It was always the chemistry Willow had specifically with Chase, who is all sorts of adorable and charming on his own, that drew me in. Those two sparked (with Chase putting in 95% of the work), even if their storylines weren’t always the best. I hated the idea of Chase being paired with BLQ because she honestly was veering toward that overbearing Carly-like dbag blowhard territory, but I haven’t minded her the past few days so I guess I’m interested in seeing what they do there. My standards are so very low…

Edited by mehtotheworld
  • Love 14

I often don't share the prevailing opinions on here, but MY GOD Willow and Michael are insufferable.  Just awful.  They need to do something there.   

As for the Davis girls, the whole point of the scene was to highlight that Alexis and Sam can't work together, that's why Kemo played it that way.   I was rooting for a mom/daughter PI team, but it doesn't look like that's what they want for Alexis.   She also couldn't help Molly without telling her how she would do it, so the point seems to be that Alexis is rudderless right now. 

I guess I have to ask again; doesn't Laura Wright get ANY vacation time??  More Nina less Carly, PLEASE.  More anyone, less Carly please.

Edited by CeChase
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, nilyank said:

Claudia was self-defense (and that wasn't CD's Michael); who was the other one? That list doesn't say. 

1 hour ago, CeChase said:

As for the Davis girls, the whole point of the scene was to highlight that Alexis and Sam can't work together,

Then they shouldn't have had Sam suggest that Alexis join her. Even someone as stupid as Sam should realize she and her mother are not compatible as colleagues.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Claudia was self-defense (and that wasn't CD's Michael); who was the other one? That list doesn't say. 

It was around that time that Rosalie was sleeping with Michael or just before it. Someone was sent to kill Michael at his apartment (either a Jerome or Carlos) and Michael killed him to protect Rosalie and himself. He never called the cops to report the incident but his dad people (I am thinking Shawn).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Then they shouldn't have had Sam suggest that Alexis join her. Even someone as stupid as Sam should realize she and her mother are not compatible as colleagues.

Sam knew that she and Alexis wouldn't be able to co-exist like that for long. She just wanted to keep her busy while her mother got her feet back under her. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, nilyank said:
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It was around that time that Rosalie was sleeping with Michael or just before it. Someone was sent to kill Michael at his apartment (either a Jerome or Carlos) and Michael killed him to protect Rosalie and himself. He never called the cops to report the incident but his dad people (I am thinking Shawn).

Another example where Michael didn't make a threat he had to follow through on.

42 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sam knew that she and Alexis wouldn't be able to co-exist like that for long. She just wanted to keep her busy while her mother got her feet back under her. 

Way to set up things to fail, Sam. But I guess I should be glad she's thinking of someone in her family.

• Love 2

When Carly screams about Nina not calling the police when she saw Peter, I wish Nina or someone would point out that it's been a long time since she called the police. When she has a problem, she expects Sonny or Jason to handle it for her. Liesl is Nina's "Sonny or Jason."

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Suicidy said:

Maybe she wants to push him into producing a blood heir.  That might be Brad’s storyline.  A gay man forced into a heterosexual relationship agains this will.  Maybe that’s why Selena doesn’t want Britt around as a dissenting voice.  It would also make Brad more sympathetic and could serve as part of his path of redemption.

Brad hit on Michael back in 2013.  Maybe that is the reason for Michael's inability to have a lengthy relationship with a woman.  Or just put Michael with Maxie as neither actor seems capable of generating heat (barring any familial blood ties that I am forgetting about).

• LOL 2

I feel mean for saying this but is Kemo medicated during her scenes? She’s always been low energy but there was something so off during her line delivery yesterday. It was stilted, slurred and had no inflection. She also look like she was struggling to keep her eyes open 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I feel mean for saying this but is Kemo medicated during her scenes? She’s always been low energy but there was something so off during her line delivery yesterday. It was stilted, slurred and had no inflection. She also look like she was struggling to keep her eyes open 

i have felt this for a while. some people say there's nothing wrong - but for me esp. when you watch older Sam scenes there is obviously a difference. it just looks like she's squinting all the time like she needs glasses or something, she always talks slowly, and slurred to me. to me it doesn't seem healthy

• Useful 1
  • Love 7