Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Those looks the Willow actress was shooting were probably legit. Let's face it, she got SHAFTED when they rewrote her from fun, dynamic professional woman with super hot boyfriend to meek stepford wife to milquetoast.

I don't know which actor she likes better. She might like them both equally or not be crazy about either of them. I do know that if I were on this show, I'd probably want to be closely tied to the Corinthos clan just because it means more story and air time. If Willow were still with Chase and had nothing to do with Wiley or Michael, she'd be on half as much. She'd be attending Violet's tea parties at Dr. Michael Easton's house, and going to the opening of Curtis's new club as one of "the hospital crew." IOW, she'd be as focal as Sasha was before this pregnancy/tock...which I don't think they'd have done if the Sasha actress hadn't been pregnant IRL.

I never really thought Willow was fun or dynamic, though.

• Love 2

I think CD may have occasionally brought up that he wanted Michael to have more agency, but I imagine if he started majorly complaining they would just tell him "Ok go organize your next 2 day goth marriage while we hold auditions for a recast."

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Laura helped bring down Victor and his brother way back in the late 70s/early 80s Ice Princess story line.  The Cassidines had built a weather machine and froze Port Charles in August.  Victor was the only one of the 3 brothers to survive and spent decades in prison.  He has been planning his revenge for 40 years.  Victor's pride had to be hurt when Laura, dressed in a pink evening gown and high heels, held him at bay with a machine gun.  Here is a link to the video.  The Laura/Victor scene starts at 1:35.

Back when GH was exciting!  Cheesy?  A bit, but suspenseful, too.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Artsda said:

Scott's reaction to Sonny and Nina in love line was hilarious.

Kin has leaned on the spit-take a few too many times, IMO. He's gotten extremely hammy. He's always been kind of blustery, but it's on a new level.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Laura helped bring down Victor and his brother way back in the late 70s/early 80s Ice Princess story line.  The Cassidines had built a weather machine and froze Port Charles in August.  Victor was the only one of the 3 brothers to survive and spent decades in prison.  He has been planning his revenge for 40 years.  Victor's pride had to be hurt when Laura, dressed in a pink evening gown and high heels, held him at bay with a machine gun.  Here is a link to the video.  The Laura/Victor scene starts at 1:35.

Victor's certainly gone from Greek looking to very white lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think CD may have occasionally brought up that he wanted Michael to have more agency, but I imagine if he started majorly complaining they would just tell him "Ok go organize your next 2 day goth marriage while we hold auditions for a recast."

I just realized that Chad Duell is as old now as Steve Burton was in 2004, and as old as Maurice Benard was in 1997. Think about where they were on the show then and where he is now. I'm not saying I'd want Michael to be the central figure on GH, but I don't think it's even possible for a character like Michael to grow and mature beyond a certain level when his mommy is still stomping all over the town like Godzilla and the whole show revolves around her. 

It's ridiculous the way everyone talks about Carly in awed tones. "Nina is still breathing?!" "Carly must not know, because Nina is still in one piece!"

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

I just realized that Chad Duell is as old now as Steve Burton was in 2004, and as old as Maurice Benard was in 1997. Think about where they were on the show then and where he is now. I'm not saying I'd want Michael to be the central figure on GH, but I don't think it's even possible for a character like Michael to grow and mature beyond a certain level when his mommy is still stomping all over the town like Godzilla and the whole show revolves around her. 

Just compare him to 19-year-old Laura Fucking! Spencer. She was going around the world toting machine guns. Michael is ineptly threatening people much more powerful than he is. 

The show has infantilized a lot of characters, to their extreme detriment, not to mention the downward quality of the show. And the show is still pretty grim. Intentional humor is anathema to GH.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Even though I have my law degree is from "Law and Order U.", I don't understand why Scotty, as Nina's defense attorney said he couldn't call any witnesses, that only the prosecution could do that. Is that a rule in PC, or was Scotty talking about a deliberate strategy? Because I've never heard of a criminal (HAH!!) case where the defense couldn't call witnesses.

He said it was because it was a preliminary hearing, not the main event. Although so much is being made of this hearing that I have a feeling there will be fireworks and then an outcome that cancels the need for a trial.

• Love 3

Today's Notes:

Violet is rocking a snowglobe. I like that. (I have a thing for snowglobes). Chase gave it to her. (Chase is so awesome). Finn ordered High Tea for Anna and Violet. Violet says stay. They talk about kids growing up and leaving. Anna goes i wonder who will stay with you on lone winter nights or did you find them? Finn goes Liz we don't have a relationship but it could get there. Then Finn flips it to anna and anna has a happy poop eating grin. 

Not feeling Trina's eyeshadow. Nik is all hey Trina cool scarf. Ava has no time for him but Nik is like "wait does Ava want emeralds or rubies?" Trina goes give her both and Nik goes yah makes sense. trina is all "so why won't you help Spencer?" Trina goes Just give spencer a 2nd chance for Christmas. Spencer shows up and goes why are you here? Spencer is ticked but rubs in Nik's face he has Laura and Mistah Sheffield on his side. (okay this is so dumb. Spencer, you realize you were wrong right?). Also. I'm Loving Esme's coat. 

Ava wants to get drunk. Mistah Sheffield is like Make it a double, Ava wants to get more drunk. but not enough to stay. Mistah Sheffield says no don't go. Ava is all did you follow me? He goes yes, i have gifts. Ava goes, Trojan Horses? Mistah Sheffield tries to smooth over Spencer's actions and Ava is like "he went after my little girl, so yah no." And then Ava goes. "So doing the right thing, you mean what you did w/Hayden and her mom?" Mistah Sheffield dodges the question. Ava is like whatever, I've gotta go have holiday cheer w/my husband. Mistah Sheffield goes. i'll come. and give Ava a warning that danger lurks behind corners. 

Nik and Cam are elves, so is Esme. Kevin is Santa Claus and Laura is like hey Santa anything there for me? (okay it's cute but to be fair this is a kid moment right now. so you could have waited Laura).  Lucy says the same thing. Kevin is like give me five more minutes. Laura is all... being grandma. Lucy is like PLEASE BE SANTA NOW. Colonel Tad shows up as Santa so Kevin and Laura can ditch. Lucy is all seducy on Colonel Tad and then goes wait something is wrong? She sees it's Tad and she pouts You aren't Kevin. 

Laura info dumps Kevin on how there was a hitman on them and how Cyrus found God. they laugh at that but the Laura is like we have other dangers coming.. Kevin tells her about Mistah Sheffield and Laura is like crap. When Cassadines are nice that's when they really suck

Liz and Drew are talking about Jake. omg Drew. No Jason did not die saving your life. He died trying to Kill Peter. liz says something that Jake will see the legacy Jason gave him (okay there).  they talk about Franco, and now Drew is like soo anyone new. Liz prevaricates. Cam gives Liz some truth telling ie: stop looking/being so sad because it's impacting the kids. 

BLQ is talking to Baileylou about how next Christams she'll be with Maxie and BLQ will be fine... fine... fine...Valentin shows up with... a new Charlotte!!. Charlotte goes she wants to give a present to baileylou. she knows they aren't sisters but she still loves her. BLQ is like that's nice and Bailey seems happy to see both of them. Charlotte splits. Val is like why so sad you got everything you wanted.  BLQ says she's upset because she hurt Charlotte and him. Val goes why did you lie? if Bailey's father was dangerous i'd get it but Chase is not. BLQ says haven't you don't crap things for right reasons, I'm protecting Bailey. Val goes is Bailey in danger? Charlotte shows up and goes can we go now? Val goes it's not over, BLQ. for god sakes just tell him. 

Drew shows up and goes BLQ, you're are great mom. BLQ can't handle it anymore, and she decides to get drunk. 

Laura shows up and she's kinda frosty to Nava and Mistah Sheffield. Mistah Sheffield  says he talked to the Prosecutor, he worked something out. Spencer is like YAY! Laura is like what's the catch? Mistah Sheffield goes "none. just change your plea, 500 hrs com. service, resitution to the victims (Ava is glaring at this point) and 30 days at Springridge." Spencer is like WHA?! Esme is gleeful and everyone is like wait this isn't good. Trina goes well. this is better than 1-5 years at Pentinville. Spencer is freaking out and asks if Laura can't do anything as mayor. Laura said she could do anything to help 

Anna and Charlotte are bonding over bouche de noel. 

Violet wonders if Hayden can see the tree. 
Colonel Tad asks Lucy for dinner. 
Laura gives a speech and a lights a tree. 

there was zero corinthiii that makes this show 100000 times better

• Love 11

NuCharlotte doesn't look that much older to me than OG Charlotte. If they were going to SORAS anyone, I wish it had been Violet.

Gee, Spencer, it sucks when you have to pay for your actions, doesn't it? Maybe now you'll think twice about being such a turd.

• Love 9

I actually giggled at the deal Victor managed to make. 500 hours of community service, restitution to the victim and 30 days of jail at a minimal security facility. I thought for sure that Spencer was going to completely skate. It's not Pentonville with harden criminals and horrible things can happen to you. 

Lucy is the absolute worst. How about showing some dignity? Kevin is married and happily. Trying to make a pass at him under any circumstances is incredibly tacky. And he doesn't want you. Show some self-respect, Lucy. 

Valentin might figure out the truth about Bailey sooner rather than later. BL being very emotional over Bailey . . . she's gonna have a really hard time giving her back to Maxie.

I didn't care for anything to do with Violet. I find the character incredibly annoying. They need to either age her up or have her hang out with children her own age. I like how she's the one child they consistently trot out.

What's the deputy-mayor's deal? Does she want to be the mayor in lieu of the mayor? Or does Victor want to be the mayor? I don't care about this storyline but the actress does look very familiar. 

I see that the fuckheads are back tomorrow. Joy to the world indeed.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Here's hoping, because it's about time the sekrit was more widely known.

That sikrit could finally come out if someone was brave enough to put pillow to Peter's face or unplug his machine for him. My personal setback on this is that the baby will be called Lou which is such an infliction on any child and 100% obnoxious. 

I am annoyed by how young Bailey looks.

• LOL 1
34 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

That sikrit could finally come out if someone was brave enough to put pillow to Peter's face or unplug his machine for him. My personal setback on this is that the baby will be called Lou which is such an infliction on any child and 100% obnoxious. 

I am annoyed by how young Bailey looks.

I'm hoping they just change her name to Bailey Louise and keep calling her Bailey.

• Love 12

Lucy is the absolute worst. How about showing some dignity? Kevin is married and happily. Trying to make a pass at him under any circumstances is incredibly tacky. And he doesn't want you. Show some self-respect, Lucy. 

Hmm dignity and Lucy don't seem like things that have ever gone together! Or at least rarely. Though admittedly, I have never been a fan of the character or the actress so that might just be a me issue!

Trina goes well. this is better than 1-5 years at Pentinville. Spencer is freaking out

It certainly is a much better deal than that spoiled brat deserves.

I liked seeing other characters besides Carly and the gang. Also just tell Valentin already. Why must every storyline be dragged out so much that they begin to lose their impact?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Gee, Spencer, it sucks when you have to pay for your actions, doesn't it? Maybe now you'll think twice about being such a turd.

Why wouldn't he think he could get away with it? The adult people (Ava and Sonny through Avery) that he terrorized both only spent a few months in prison for straight up murder. He is paying heavier consequences than either of them for all the murderous shit they have done. 

But that seems the trend on this show: the more beign you are, the heavier the sentences.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And looks like Michael is still cosplaying mob boss.  Between that and SmugJoss making an appearance, should be a stellar day.

He should have made play when Sonny was "dead" and Jason went on the run with Britt. Rather than the silly story of Carly being the mob boss for the meeting and then having the MOC with Jason to cement her place.

Have Michael become the mob boss than none of his parents or Jason wanted so that when Jason returned from Canada and Sonny came back with his memories, they can't do anything about it. God, I rather watch than the silly hearing/case of stolen identity with Nina. 

Willow watches in horror has Michael revels in the power/danger and that's their real conflict.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

My pet peeve is when people say 'high tea' when they really mean afternoon tea' High tea was the labourer's supper at five with a meat dish when he got home from work. Afternoon tea is the one with cakes and delicate sandwiches.

I'm so hoping that Valentin figures out the truth about Bailey. I'm really tired of the level of stupidity on this show, both from the characters and the writers.

5 hours ago, Daisy said:

there was zero corinthiii that makes this show 100000 times better

So, so much better. There was really no one to hate-hate, only love-to-hate like Spencer and Victor.

8 hours ago, DanaK said:

Victor's certainly gone from Greek looking to very white lol

As he should have been all along. The Cassadines are Russian, not Greek. As Victor said to Ava today when she asked if one of the presents was a Trojan horse, "Ya Rusky". {Great line and comeback.)

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Have Michael become the mob boss than none of his parents or Jason wanted so that when Jason returned from Canada and Sonny came back with his memories, they can't do anything about it. God, I rather watch than the silly hearing/case of stolen identity with Nina. 

Willow watches in horror has Michael revels in the power/danger and that's their real conflict.

I would so watch that over what we're getting on the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Artsda said:

BL should be disgusted with herself for what she did to Charlotte. 

She is, pretty much.

I had to laugh when Spencer huffily asked Nik if he was asking Trina about him (Spencer), and then when she said it was about Ava, he got even more huffy. 

Except for the always-unnecessary Jason propping, the scenes with Drew and Elizabeth were good, as were the Cam/Elizabeth scenes. They're getting pretty good writing these days.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

He should have made play when Sonny was "dead" and Jason went on the run with Britt. Rather than the silly story of Carly being the mob boss for the meeting and then having the MOC with Jason to cement her place.

My super dream scenario is that Michael gets in Selena’s face one too many times and she drops him like a bag of concrete.  Perhaps displaying black belt level martial arts skills.  Which would fit, her being an Asian mob boss.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I think both Sam and Liz have much better chemistry with Drew than they do with the dudes they are putting them with. It’s a shame they don’t follow the chemistry on this show. 

Maybe, but it's hard to tell from scenes like the ones they've had. If Drew/Sam or Drew/Liz actually was a couple, they'd be getting all the dumb "couple scenes" that would snuff out the interest of about a third of the people who say they see a spark there now.

Dante/Sam is DOA, for sure. I can't decide about Liz/Finn. They're very smooth together and the actors make me think the characters care about each other, but I'm not seeing "love" or "heat." It's more like a close friendship/working relationship. I can't tell whether that's a coupling failure or the hesitation that the characters themselves keep talking about.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 12/20/2021 at 2:46 PM, YaddaYadda said:

I could have sworn that Charlie's was empty. Those tables were always full back in the day.

Got to hand it to Phyllis, bringing that old Tan-O magic to PC. She has a formula, and she’s sticking to it.

19 hours ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

I'm not saying I'd want Michael to be the central figure on GH, but I don't think it's even possible for a character like Michael to grow and mature beyond a certain level when his mommy is still stomping all over the town like Godzilla and the whole show revolves around her. 

I don’t think it’s possible for Michael to grow and mature beyond a certain level when he’s being played by Chad Duell. The man has two different acting modes: pouty and confused.

New Charlotte reminds me a lot of Original Maxie.

• Love 8

I dunno, I kinda loved Lucy being a little seasonally naughty with who she thought was Kevin.  Maybe just because I, like Lucy, still hold a bit of a torch that they'll find their way back to each other someday.

As I mentioned in the news thread, though, putting her with Tad Martin Gray could be soapy fun, given he's Laura's brother and Laura is married to Lucy's ex.  And she deserve some lovin', it kinda sucks that Lucy was stripped of both of her legacy pairings.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13

So they've SORASed Danny and Rocco as well as Charlotte. At least it gives a cohort for her.

Isn't a non-profit supposed to help people? Shawn with zero experience taking The Invader as a crusader reeks of "we don't know what to do with Shawn, let's give him a newspaper".

Usually I can take the nonsense that this show throws with equanimity but the last thing thta Sasha needs the day after she lost her child is seeing Sonny and Carly's happy child-filled family. There is no need to constantly prop the Corinthii show, let Sasha mourn and heal in peace.

Michael saying "grief shouldn't always be private, it should be shared" is peak hypocrisy after how he took Wylie from Lucas and wouldn't let him see Wylie's life for months. I cold not hate Michael more.

Nina's preliminary hearing is on Boxing Day?  I don't know about New York State but everything is closed here. Dragging this out for a false crime is sooo stupid.

Playing a musical instrument improves brain function, Sam. And with you as a mother, Scout and Danny need all the help they can get.

Is the  St. Jaysus propping ever going to stop?

ETA

The man has two different acting modes: pouty and confused.

You underestimate him. He's also yelly.

Edited by statsgirl
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

I don't really get what they're charging Nina with, but I don't see how her and Sonny being in love in Nixon Falls helps her case.  Like at all.  That just gives her more motive to keep him away from his life.  And can Willow really testify to that?  Especially if neither Nina or Sonny corroborate it?  

I may be in the minority, but I'm really getting behind Brandon and Sasha.

• Love 2

hey Monica sighting. Bailey is looking tres adorable. BLQ has a very nice look at Chase's fine behind, which makes her remember Chase's very nekkid front and she freaks out. 

lmao Sam's family bought her children loud noise makers. hahaha.  they make Dante v Drew jokes ad Sam is like wtf.

Lisel bought Louise a gift. Nina and Maxie share a look. Lisel goes how dare Michael not let you see Wiley for Christmas. esp if she goes to jail. Maxie and Lisel are trying to figure how to get Nina to see her grandson. Nina is like i dunno, flash backs to Willow being a judgemental cow. Lisel continues to be the smartest person on the show and quickly figures out that Willow knows about Smike. 

lmao. carly and michael get pissed off that Wiley's grandmother bought him gifts. Yeah Dante blows smoke up Sonny's ass. whatever. Sonny goes I wish I was there with what you were going w/Lulu last year :( (Yah Sonny. WHY WEREN'T YOU,  oh right you decided going to kill Julian trumped family shut. up.). Sonny goes "nothing better than family."  - until you decide mob stuffs is more important. 

No one in this selfish family decides to tell Wiley that the toy he likes best came from gramma Nina. stay awesome Corinthii. 

Deanna tells Sasha she needs to sign papers basically that she has someone with her for 24 hrs for her protection. Brando goes come home with me. Sasha is like. yeup but only for tonight. Gladys sees the car seat and throws it in the back seat. they go to Corinthii. Carly tells Sasha she heard she didn't feel like she had a family, and she's wrong. Poor Sasha. being sucked into the Corinthii. 

Piph and Hat Man flirt kinda. I don't care

Drew comforts Danny with lies. Yeah pls don't tell his kid Jason was a hero. 

Brando deploys the I Love You. Sasha deploys the I Love You back.

BLQ and Chase brings Bailey over to Maxie and they all bond. it was sweet

• Love 7
1 minute ago, seasons said:

Why is unnecessary Rocco being a snot to drew about going to a baseball game with Jason's kid? 

I was wondering that, too, but I decided it was because he wants Dante and Sam together and is worried about Drew, would be my best guess.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I was wondering that, too, but I decided it was because he wants Dante and Sam together and is worried about Drew, would be my best guess.

Oh, ok, that does make sense!

I know we have to Plan for next generation characters, but this preteen group isn't doing anything for me.

Except I like scout and Jason's kid. Danny?

Edited by seasons
  • Love 2

Epiphany did sound ... not great. I was expecting Jackie Richardson levels for all the pimping the show gives her singing.

43 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I don't really get what they're charging Nina with, but I don't see how her and Sonny being in love in Nixon Falls helps her case.  Like at all.

Since the charge itself makes no sense (the only real identity  theft on the show was done by Carly), I just have to go with the flow.

• Love 2

Where did Monica get that photo of Jason posing in front of a motorcycle?

I would feel more sorry about Maxie not having Bailey (because Louise is horrible name) if she actually spent more time with her other two children.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Which is why for NINE MONTHS he continually said he didn't care if he had a family out there since they "didn't come looking for me."  

right? like scotty is driving himself crazy on this stupid non charge. the whole question should be. "Sonny did you do anything to help yourself when you realized you weren't i that area?" "Sonny, did people volunteer to help you, what as your response?" like. crap. 

54 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I don't really get what they're charging Nina with, but I don't see how her and Sonny being in love in Nixon Falls helps her case.  Like at all.  That just gives her more motive to keep him away from his life.  And can Willow really testify to that?  Especially if neither Nina or Sonny corroborate it?  

i don't even think the show gets what they are charging her with. they are literally charging Nina for lying. but i mean. that's why this is so stupid. She didn't lock sonny in an attic. she didn't tie him to the bed and break his legs like misery. All she did. as crappy as it was was not say "hey i know who you are." or tell his family "hey i know where he is."

• Love 4